Strongest person....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
Shimmra could defeat. I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in battles, but it's a question I wanted to ask.

So, who is the strongest Force user that Shimmra could defeat?

BazookaMaster
Obi-Wan, Qel-Droma imo, Shimrra was fighting Luke and team with the Slayers but they were tired after a planet battle and climb against thousand of vongs before the fight.

Tondemonai
TPM Plagueis, given his probable decline in skill between 52 and 32 BBY

Ursumeles
Exar Kun, Krayt, Caedus.

Kjam
Probably Obi Wan. The theory that anyone who fights Luke is nearly as good as Luke is buke. The guy jobs too much.

NewGuy01
Luke said he found Shimmra in particular to be as frightening as Palpatine, though. I think you'd need a Mace or Anakin level duelist to play ball with him, tbh.

Kjam
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Luke said he found Shimmra in particular to be as frightening as Palpatine, though. I think you'd need a Mace or Anakin level duelist to play ball with him, tbh.

As is the theory that every character based assessment is a direct measurement of combat power.

Edit : unless, you and I have different statements in mind.

cs_zoltan

He also thought Ben > Sidious, which I agree with, but I doubt you do.

Kjam
@Newguy, if this is the statement you're thinking about, it doesn't really tell me where Shimmra stands up to Palpatine as a powerhouse.

All it tells me is that Shimmra was to the Vong War what Palpatine was to the Galactic Civil War.

NewGuy01
Good job, you can exclusively highlight and address irrelevant information in a passage. Do me a favor and highlight the first paragraph for me, as well as the one above that which you oddly failed to include in your quote. Then we can talk about how Luke's estimation regards only the situation's political relevance as opposed to the big ugly himself.

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
He also thought Ben > Sidious, which I agree with, but I doubt you do.

Apparently Ben is a 6 and Vader is a 4, according to early commentary on ANH. Sidious is 20% above Vader, making him a 5, therefore Ben must be the stronger between the two if Lucas is to be believed. thumb up

MythLord
I like how this part was left out:
"When Luke had been brought before the Emperor, Palpatine's visage had been familiar to him from images that had reached even remote Tatooine, and his inherent power was immediately evident.

The Supreme Overlord, however, was a void Luke could not fathom. He wasn't a shell of a human in a hooded cloak, more energy than flesh. Nor was his face that of a Sith Master, prematurely wizened by years of calling on dark power.

Instead, Shimrra was very much alive and all the more intimidating for it. In him was concentrated the combined strength of the Yuuzhan Vong species, and if he couldn't be defeated, then all that Luke had done to reach this point would amount to nothing. "

Shimrra's power was something Luke couldn't even fathom and he considered him more intimidating than Palpatine. thumb up

Rockydonovang
so luke>shimarra>sidious?

Deronn_solo
Mace Windu.

Exar and Caedus would kinda defeat Shimarra if they abuse power he has no defense against : E.I. -Force Blast or Force Lightning.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Exar Kun, Krayt, Caedus.

Krayt or Caedus beat Shimrra 10/10. I'm not as familiar with Kun, so can't comment on him.

Id say Obi Wan would be a good, relatively even match for Shimrra.

Kjam
Good job, you can exclusively highlight and address irrelevant information in a passage. Do me a favor and highlight the first paragraph for me, as well as the one above that which you oddly failed to include in your quote. Then we can talk about how Luke's estimation regards only the situation's political relevance as opposed to the big ugly himself.

Yeah, If the passage I "oddly" missed out was the one Mythlord just posted then the premise remains unchanged. The fact that you've interpreted that Palpatine must absolutely be an equal to Shimmra in fighting prowess, because the situations are being compared, this is of course being before Luke actually fights him, signals a one dimensional thought process that doesn't stretch much further than a rabid interest for VS battles. If that's the case, than your snark is better dispensed elsewhere.

Now regarding Luke's estimation, how is he even comparing them? Given that Shimraa (spelling) isn't emitting a Force presence that can be measured or sensed? What, did you decide that his lack of force connection (the void spoken of here) can now be pin pointed to an exact power level given that it's something Luke couldn't even fathom?

Moving on, for your original claim to be true, as Shimra can not be properly power scaled via Jedi Sensing, you have to have the comparison being made after the fight, not before. Otherwise we can take two things from this. That one, Shimmra is the last (other than Omni) boss of the Vong War and that Palpatine is the last boss of the Galactic Civil War. They are similar in that respect. And lastly, that Shimmra is more physically intimidating than the Emperor, given that he isn't a wrinkly old man with a cloak.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.