Thanos Vs Silver Age Mangog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Who Wins

Horrificus
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Who Wins Mangog, easily

Insane Titan
If it's not current depowered a Thanos , then he wins .

Damborgson
What could Thanos possibly do to Mangog that Odin couldn't?

abhilegend
Thanos. Originally posted by Damborgson
What could Thanos possibly do to Mangog that Odin couldn't?
Is that why Mangog backed off from Thanos started apologizing after threatening Thanos in Jurgens run?

TethAdamTheRock
Scan?

the Darkone
Done before

the Darkone
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thanos.
Is that why Mangog backed off from Thanos started apologizing after threatening Thanos in Jurgens run?

Two different Mangog

This Classic/Silver Age Mangog not current/modern day Mangog big difference in power

abhilegend
Originally posted by the Darkone
Two different Mangog

This Classic/Silver Age Mangog not current/modern day Mangog big difference in power
And where is this supposed difference of power took place?

CosmicComet
When mangog came back didn't they says something about him being more powerful than before?

Or am I remembering wrong?

abhilegend
Originally posted by CosmicComet
When mangog came back didn't they says something about him being more powerful than before?

Or am I remembering wrong?
In Thunderstrike, yes.

Under Jurgens he was as powerful as before.

TheHulkster
In Thunderstrike, yes.

Where?

Damborgson
Thanos.

That just means Thanos is badass.

He lost to Odin afterall. And admitted it.

Damborgson
And where is this supposed difference of power took place?

My guess is somewhere in the Jurgens run. Mangog doesn't have many showings but they got consistently lower after his ordeals with Odin, which is the SA Mangog I assume people refer to.

Horrificus
Mangog being subservient to Thanos, is no different than the many, many instances if more powerful characters showing respect to leaders and more experienced characters by choice. Especially if the characters have a shared goal, or the relationship is somehow benefiting each character. It means nothing.

Mangog also took direction from a weak sorcerer (i forget his name), when he was summoned and took up the guise of Odin.

Hawkeye was not the most powerful member of the Avengers.
Then, we have Batman, Cyclops, etc.

Doctor Doom and Molecule Man? Validus has been ordered around by weaker characters.

It's not a valud selling point.

Odin himself was un able to even harm Mangog. He had to reverse his own spell, unmaking Mangog, as the only way to defeat him.

And Odin put his foot to Thanos' a$$.

TheHulkster
Black Racer kneeled before Darkseid in OWAW.

Galan007
Originally posted by Damborgson
He lost to Odin afterall. And admitted it. It's not as fun to bring up now that quanchi is dead, but still worth a repost nonetheless...

http://i.imgur.com/eh4Jrgl.jpg

vin

Damborgson
I remember Quan vigorously telling me that the Thanosi didn't know what it was talking about.

Horrificus
I remember Quan vigorously telling me that the Thanosi didn't know what it was talking about. laughing

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Where?
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/33527830/Thunderstrike_005-006-AnPymGold-Empire.jpg.htmlOriginally posted by Damborgson
That just means Thanos is badass.

He lost to Odin afterall. And admitted it. Originally posted by Damborgson
My guess is somewhere in the Jurgens run. Mangog doesn't have many showings but they got consistently lower after his ordeals with Odin, which is the SA Mangog I assume people refer to.
ermm

There is no loss of power for Mangog. It's just that he isn't treated like HP Doomsday and more like DOS Doomsday by Jurgens.

Damborgson

ermm

There is no loss of power for Mangog. It's just that he isn't treated like HP Doomsday and more like DOS Doomsday by Jurgens.

ermm

Thus the distinction. It's the reason people say SA Mangog when they want to limit his showings to "classic".

abhilegend
ermm

Thus the distinction. It's the reason people say SA Mangog when they want to limit his showings to "classic".
But he is not depowered and his showings in Thor v2 also contributes to his average.

His SA showings are not that good either. Its a lot of hyperbole and beating a weakened Odin.

Damborgson
I didn't start the trend. -shrug-

abhilegend
It's just to maintain the illusion of Mangog be some kind of ultimate brick or something.

Oh and Odin losing to Mangog be less embarrassing.

Damborgson
okay Abhi lol.

abhilegend
okay Abhi lol.
Mangog and Galactus are two most overrated characters on battle boards.

Horrificus
Mangog wins. All the recent activity pushed me to reread his appearances. I'm more sure now, than I was before.
Abhi, u need to get the books.

Insane Titan
Thanos still wins

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos still wins What are some viable tactics Thanos could use to win?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
What are some viable tactics Thanos could use to win? various way, which you would know if you wasn't a blatant troll.

Horrificus
Ok. The point that Odin had faced Mangog before Mangog's first comic book appearance, had been alluded to throughout his Asgardian appearances. Especially, by Odin.

The fact that Odin sh*ts his armor every time he even discusses Mangog, is specifically written that way, to drive home the fact that Mangog is above him.

The fact that Odin makes statements depicting the hopelessness of fighting Mangog, his own lack of anything even resembling a hope of defeating Mangog and the actual fear Odin expresses points to the fact that he had-

1. Faced Mangog's original race, resulting in an unwinable confrontation, in which he felt that Asgard would fall against them, unless he too drastic action. Creating Mangog in the process.

2. Then, faced Mangog himself in the distant past. This meeting is obviously the source of Odin's terror. It can b guessed that, since the Mangog's race came from "real space", Odin may have been a bit more "liberal" with the use of his power and attacks. The reason we don't see Odin using his Serious Punches, is because he already used them on Mangog, to no effect. Unless somebody can come up with a scenario where Odin goes easy on him for some reason.

3. We know that Mangog's race had conquered 1,000 galaxies. We know that Odin felt that Asgard had no chance against them. So, we r talking about a billion billion beings that are either equal to the asgardians, or well above them in terms of power and technology. When u think about it that way, then combine all of them into one entity, it makes it easier to imagine how Mangog could b placed even above "skyfather" level.

4. Odin had the power to reach out to 1,000 galaxies and launch his attack upon "a billion billion beings". A billion billion "godlike" beings. This was not his first choice. This was his final option. Obviously, direct combat had failed. So, Odin lashes out across 1,000 galaxies.

5. Then, Mangog lives. The final battle begins and ends. The only option Odin has, is to trap Mangog beneath asgard.

And that only covers the backstory before his first comic book appearance. He's not just a "big monster".

Classic Mangog was the Sum of a Billion Billion beings, quite probably more powerful than Asgardians, WITH Odin.

h1a8
various way, which you would know if you wasn't a blatant troll.

Well educate me. What are some ways or one way?

Insane Titan
Well educate me. What are some ways or one way? you are not worth the time or effort. As always you lowball and downplay Thanos. Hell you say Thanos constantly beating Surfer is a low showing for Surfer.

h1a8
you are not worth the time or effort. As always you lowball and downplay Thanos. Hell you say Thanos constantly beating Surfer is a low showing for Surfer. I'm not going to lowball. If it is valid then I'll go with it. I like Thanos more than Mangog anyway and prefer him to win. I just don't see how.

I don't think Surfer can affect Thanos with blasts or punches. But he can damage him with black holes and hitting him with the board. Surfer, under character, will not be using black holes to beat Thanos though. The board from behind is only done if Surfer gets knocked off his board. So it would be very hard for Surfer to beat Thanos.

Surtur
Well educate me. What are some ways or one way?

Does Mangog have any defense against psionic attacks? What about transmutation?

Insane Titan
I'm not going to lowball. If it is valid then I'll go with it. I like Thanos more than Mangog anyway and prefer him to win. I just don't see how.

I don't think Surfer can affect Thanos with blasts or punches. But he can damage him with black holes and hitting him with the board. Surfer, under character, will not be using black holes to beat Thanos though. The board from behind is only done if Surfer gets knocked off his board. So it would be very hard for Surfer to beat Thanos. stop talking shit and lying as the first part of your post is a bold faced lie.

Surtur
Surfer has fought inside black holes, why would a black hole damage Thanos? The durability of Thanos>>>>>>Surfer.

Galan007
Thanos can survive black holes... because he has:
http://i.imgur.com/RNQnQHP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T2bPeCv.jpg

Horrificus
Originally posted by Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/T2bPeCv.jpg to keep things honest, I have to agree.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/Bubbleuk/ThanosQuest1-10-1.jpg

Thanos was obviously able to experience existence in many dimensions with different laws of nature, without any protection and suffered no permanent ill effects.

Horrificus
I still think Mangog wins.

Mangog>Odin>Thanos

As far as Ive seen, Mangog has never shown any sign of injury.
Even when Thor God-Blasted Mangog down his throat, besides a cloud of smoke, no clear view of Mangog was shown. No actual damage was shown, and the scene ended up as bfr as Mangog fell away and Thor immediately left the scene.

Keeping the referrences as close to home as possible, the battle between Thanos and Odin left Thanos completely wrecked.

operator616
A depowered Thanos has also recently survived a black hole in the latest issue of his solo series.

StiltmanFTW

And still can be pierced by any random blade wink

http://i.imgur.com/Y45yILA.png

CosmicComet
It's so stupid that 'piercing durability' is a thing in comics and fiction in general.

But alas.

StiltmanFTW
It's so stupid that people keep overrating Thanus.

And Galan pretending to discover something as great as the cure for cancer while posting the same scan that everyone on KMC reposted at least 4.573.682 times...

CosmicComet
Yeah.

He's just like his hero Stephen Hawking on global warming. Repeating the same shit over and over.

Smh.

StiltmanFTW
Stephen Hawking is Galan.

Insane Titan
I see the b1tch retard Stilt keeps on crying.

StiltmanFTW
I love how you keep taking it personal laughing out loud

Insane Titan
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I love how you keep taking it personal laughing out loud lmao you think I take it personal , laughing out loud I just find you so predictable and pathetic trying to fit in.

StiltmanFTW
You resort to insults right away, so yeah, you take it pretty damn personal.

h1a8
stop talking shit and lying as the first part of your post is a bold faced lie. So do you have a valid way for Thanos to win?

h1a8
Originally posted by Surtur
Surfer has fought inside black holes, why would a black hole damage Thanos? The durability of Thanos>>>>>>Surfer. Because Thanos has BEEN DAMAGED by a the event horizon of a black hole.

And a black hole and it's event horizon are two different things. Surfer survived in a event horizon of one. The singularity (which creates the horizon) is located in the center. If touched by something then that object will become one with the singularity.

The singularity can't be survived by any physical being, no matter their durability.
There is infinite force at the singularity.

If Thanos touches a singularity then he dies instantly.

Surtur
You realize Thanos has survived a singularity, right? One that drew everything within a 2 lightyear radius into it.

You can't prove the blade wasn't forged in the blood of Jesus.

StiltmanFTW
You can't prove the blade wasn't forged in the blood of Jesus.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

celeyhyga17
Wasn't that young Thanos or some such...?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Wasn't that young Thanos or some such...?

Let's use adult Thanos, then.

Sliced with an axe wielded by a cannon fodder alien.

Shot with Hawkeye's arrows.

Clawed in the back of the head by T'Challa.

Cut by amped Annihilus.

Stabbed by Wolverine, despite using the Power Gem.

Stabbed by f*cking Deadpool... and yeah, Thanos was massively amped.

StiltmanFTW
https://f.ptcdn.info/787/038/000/o05ge37skOv8l15Qaa9-o.jpg

shocklaugh

celeyhyga17
Show the Deadpool one. Musta missed that...

Nvm.

Insane Titan
You resort to insults right away, so yeah, you take it pretty damn personal. that's because as I said I find YOU predictable and desperate with the same boring stuff again and again. What you say means nothing.

Insane Titan
So do you have a valid way for Thanos to win? yeah various reasons , read some Thanos.

Insane Titan
Because Thanos has BEEN DAMAGED by a the event horizon of a black hole.

And a black hole and it's event horizon are two different things. Surfer survived in a event horizon of one. The singularity (which creates the horizon) is located in the center. If touched by something then that object will become one with the singularity.

The singularity can't be survived by any physical being, no matter their durability.
There is infinite force at the singularity.

If Thanos touches a singularity then he dies instantly. Thanos just survived going through a black hole recently as it led to the witches of infinity domain. Like I said previous you try to lowball everything as you're ignoring everything shown on panel including as you like to say "writers intention"

StiltmanFTW
that's because as I said I find YOU predictable and desperate with the same boring stuff again and again. What you say means nothing.

If what I say means nothing, then why you react so furiously to it? laughing out loud

Insane Titan
Let's use adult Thanos, then.

Sliced with an axe wielded by a cannon fodder alien.

Shot with Hawkeye's arrows.

Clawed in the back of the head by T'Challa.

Cut by amped Annihilus.

Stabbed by Wolverine, despite using the Power Gem.

Stabbed by f*cking Deadpool... and yeah, Thanos was massively amped. sliced by a alien after his durability gave from battling 25,000 foes.

Hawkeyes arrows stuck in his armour

BP did no damage, keep reaching.

lol using that is desperate. That Annihilus easily Gladistor and Hulk.

Logan had no effect on Thanos and you act like adamantium is weak.

laughing out loud using a joke deadpool comic. Hell in them comics Thanos stomped Blackheart and Mephisto.

Like I said desperate.

Insane Titan
If what I say means nothing, then why you react so furiously to it? laughing out loud if you had said it about another character I'd of still called you out. Who or what you say is irrelevant, you simply troll all the time.

StiltmanFTW
sliced by a alien after his durability gave from battling 25,000 foes.

Assumption. So he suddenly became cuttable, just like that? laughing out loud

Hawkeyes arrows stuck in his armour

Armor that happens to be skintight... wink

BP did no damage, keep reaching.

No damage, that's why we see Thanus is clearly in pain here? laughing out loud

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/5191835-11.jpg

lol using that is desperate. That Annihilus easily Gladistor and Hulk.

Just shows that blocking Corvus' spear is an outlier. Or maybe he never connected with the blade part smile

Logan had no effect on Thanos and you act like adamantium is weak.

It's not weak by any means, but Thanos had his durability further boosted by the PG.

laughing out loud using a joke deadpool comic. Hell in them comics Thanos stomped Blackheart and Mephisto.

Like I said desperate.

Amped and stabbed, again... like it or not.

StiltmanFTW
if you had said it about another character I'd of still called you out. Who or what you say is irrelevant, you simply troll all the time.

Lies. You get angry only when Thanus is mentioned.

Insane Titan
Assumption. So he suddenly became cuttable, just like that? laughing out loud

Armor that happens to be skintight... wink

No damage, that's why we see Thanus is clearly in pain here? laughing out loud

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/5191835-11.jpg

Just shows that blocking Corvus' spear is an outlier. Or maybe he never connected with the blade part smile

It's not weak by any means, but Thanos had his durability further boosted by the PG

Amped and stabbed, again... like it or not. so getting hitting repeatedly doesn't wear stuff down now laughing out loud

Haha you need to re check your facts as to where the arrows stuck.

So to you him showing some sign of pain =damage. He's shown pain loads of times and not been damaged.

So nothing other than a excuse and a troll answer.

Yet his durability was boosted against the cosmics with the PG with no damage, just shows how piss poor your examples are no matter how you spin it.

You make yourself look worse using such examples, as I said he owned Mephisto in his own realm and try and use this as proof laughing out loud

zopzop
Thanos wins.

Insane Titan
Lies. You get angry only when Thanus is mentioned. yeah because that's always the case laughing out loud hey try and cover for your need to be liked all you want if that's the only thing you have going for you.

Badabing
Stop the trolling and bashing everybody.

h1a8
Thanos just survived going through a black hole recently as it led to the witches of infinity domain. Like I said previous you try to lowball everything as you're ignoring everything shown on panel including as you like to say "writers intention" Did he touch the singularity?
Post the scans

h1a8
Originally posted by zopzop
Thanos wins. What is a valid way for Thanos to win?

LordofBrooklyn
Stop fighting each other it is what the Scalebag wants.

INSTEAD UNITE AND REMOVE NATURE'S ABOMINATION FROM AMONG US!!!!

ONE KMC

ONE ACCORD

DEATH TO THE SCALEBAG!!!!

Insane Titan
Did he touch the singularity?
Post the scans he went through the black hole. You go read the comic yourself for once.

Insane Titan
What is a valid way for Thanos to win? various way, read some comics for once then maybe you won't lowball

zopzop
What is a valid way for Thanos to win?
Easiest way would be via mindphuck. Like he did vs Fallen One, Maker, Hulk, and he tried to do vs Galactus.

Surtur
Did he touch the singularity?
Post the scans

Here is a different instance:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111131586/4799856-5532184118-2r2p1.jpg

Galan007
^ I posted that showing on the 2nd page, lol:
vin

But on that note, here is the more recent black hole showing that keeps getting mentioned:
https://s7d8.turboimg.net/t1/35482112_Thanos_2016-_008-014.jpg https://s7d8.turboimg.net/t1/35482113_Thanos_2016-_008-015.jpg https://s7d8.turboimg.net/t1/35482114_Thanos_2016-_008-016.jpg https://s7d8.turboimg.net/t1/35482115_Thanos_2016-_008-017.jpg https://s7d8.turboimg.net/t1/35482116_Thanos_2016-_008-018.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by zopzop
Easiest way would be via mindphuck. Like he did vs Fallen One, Maker, Hulk, and he tried to do vs Galactus. Odin would have done that if it were possible. Also the Galactus feat was all prep and with help.
Give me another way.

h1a8
Here is a different instance:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111131586/4799856-5532184118-2r2p1.jpg This is old. I was referring to the new feat. In the old one there is no evidence that he touched the singularity. He probably entered the event horizon. Galant just posted the new feat. It seems that he entered the event horizon but never touched a singularity.
What's strange is that he and Eros landed on land and was normal then.

h1a8
various way, read some comics for once then maybe you won't lowball So you don't know of a way. Concession accepted.

Insane Titan
So you don't know of a way. Concession accepted. no I do know a way , various ones in fact. You're just to much of a troll to understand. It's not like you don't lowball in every thread now is it.

Insane Titan
Odin would have done that if it were possible. Also the Galactus feat was all prep and with help.
Give me another way. like I said , straight to the lowballing. Thanos didn't have help attacking galactus mind, MD only created the place they met on. No prep was needed for the actual mental attack.

h1a8
like I said , straight to the lowballing. Thanos didn't have help attacking galactus mind, MD only created the place they met on. No prep was needed for the actual mental attack. without MD and prep Thanos wouldn't have achieved the feat. That's the bottom line.

h1a8
no I do know a way , various ones in fact. You're just to much of a troll to understand. It's not like you don't lowball in every thread now is it.

Lies. Otherwise you would have stated a way. I'm not the only member here. There are plenty who think Mangog would win.

psycho gundam

http://i.imgur.com/Y45yILA.png IIRC that's pre-death amp Thanos

Insane Titan
without MD and prep Thanos wouldn't have achieved the feat. That's the bottom line. that's bullshit and you have no proof of that.

Insane Titan
Lies. Otherwise you would have stated a way. I'm not the only member here. There are plenty who think Mangog would win. you're not worth the effort as you will only lowball. You've already done it with another posters answer.

h1a8
you're not worth the effort as you will only lowball. You've already done it with another posters answer. But you never offered a way for all the other posters who argued Mangog. Surely they don't lowball.

carver9
But you never offered a way for all the other posters who argued Mangog. Surely they don't lowball.

I'm sure you was the one who said Mangog only have mountain level strength. Thanos withstood a hit that ripped a planet apart. He also pushed back Hulk with a punch. Slung him across a city and this happened under a writer who said Hulk in his base could crush planets and had Hulk during the same fight standing up with a Sun on his back. With that said, with these fts that I've named and with Thanos being greater than just mountain busting per your mathematical genius ways, Thanos stomps, right?

Insane Titan
But you never offered a way for all the other posters who argued Mangog. Surely they don't lowball. no body else asked my opinion unlike you. It's the first you do is lowball, hell you said because Odin didn't try to use TP on Mangog than surely Thanos TP won't work. Thanos used his mental powers far more than Odin.

h1a8
no body else asked my opinion unlike you. It's the first you do is lowball, hell you said because Odin didn't try to use TP on Mangog than surely Thanos TP won't work. Thanos used his mental powers far more than Odin.

By writer's intentions, if TP would work on Mangog then Odin would have tried that. He's not stupid you know.

Surtur
This is old. I was referring to the new feat. In the old one there is no evidence that he touched the singularity. He probably entered the event horizon. Galant just posted the new feat. It seems that he entered the event horizon but never touched a singularity.
What's strange is that he and Eros landed on land and was normal then.

It says his ship disintegrated around him...

As for the new feat, even if he didn't touch it...you haven't actually shown he would die by touching one. He survived a singularity at one point in his career.

Even Silver Surfer can fight inside black holes without any harm.

Insane Titan
By writer's intentions, if TP would work on Mangog then Odin would have tried that. He's not stupid you know. haha that's absolute troll shit. Funny you try and use writers intention then ignore it when it suits you. You are the biggest idiot on here by far.

h1a8
1. It says his ship disintegrated around him...

2. As for the new feat, even if he didn't touch it...you haven't actually shown he would die by touching one. He survived a singularity at one point in his career.

Even Silver Surfer can fight inside black holes without any harm.

1. But that's hyperbole since we see the debris field in the aftermath.
2. You have no clue to what a black hole is. You are still thinking it's the event horizon. A black hole is the size of an atom and creates a large black sphere of space (points of no return) around it. Entering the event horizon will cause you to feel tidal forces that start to pull you apart, but this is nothing compared to actually touching the singularity (the atom sized black hole) in the center.

Think of a tiny atom floating in space with a large (miles large) black area surrounding it.
Of course Surfer can fight in the event horizon, he can't fight in the singularity though.
Not only would he would have to shrink to the size less than an atom to fit inside but he would have to tank infinite force there.

Surtur
By writer's intentions, if TP would work on Mangog then Odin would have tried that. He's not stupid you know.

Do you have any actual feats that display a resistance to telepathy?

Surtur
1. But that's hyperbole since we see the debris field in the aftermath.

You seem to love intent, and wasn't the intent of that to say that Thanos was inside his ship when it was destroyed?

Galan007
^ You guys are forgetting that Thanos was visibly banged up afterward, and stated those injuries were a result of the black hole...
Gamora: "And what did you run into? An unstable nuclear device?"
Thanos: "A black hole."

psycho gundam
Do you have any actual feats that display a resistance to telepathy? He doesn't debate with on-panel evidence; h1a8 debates with ideas and feelings

h1a8
Do you have any actual feats that display a resistance to telepathy? So if a character doesn't have any feats of TP resistance then it automatically means they are weak to TP?

Even if they were fighting a character with grade A TP but in the story we don't see that character use a TP attack?

h1a8
You seem to love intent, and wasn't the intent of that to say that Thanos was inside his ship when it was destroyed? Yes, the ship was destroyed in the event horizon. Thanos entered the event horizon.

TheHulkster
I remember Quan vigorously telling me that the Thanosi didn't know what it was talking about.

What happened to Quan?

Galan007
^ KIA.

Damborgson
Originally posted by TheHulkster
What happened to Quan?

I have no idea, I miss him though. sad

ozz81
I have no idea, I miss him though. sad

Yeah same , also what happened to Jakethebank ?

Damborgson
He was...I better let Stilt explain that one.

Surtur
So if a character doesn't have any feats of TP resistance then it automatically means they are weak to TP?

Even if they were fighting a character with grade A TP but in the story we don't see that character use a TP attack?

We have no reason to think a person is resistant or immune to a power unless they give us a reason. Fighting a character with TP and that character not using the power doesn't prove anything. Unless you legitimately want to argue characters always use their powersets wisely 100% of the time.

It's possible the person who wrote the story didn't know how powerful of a telepath Odin is. Or maybe they did know and they ignored it for the sake of the plot.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ozz81
Yeah same , also what happened to Jakethebank ?

He was...I better let Stilt explain that one.

Jake thought he was a match for Colossus Big C. He was wrong, dead wrong.

As for Quan... I believe he just took a break and will come back to the Movie forum soon?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Horrificus
Mangog, easily

Pure genius.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.