Rank these artifacts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Ultimate Nullifier
Hotu
Hoti
Infinity Gems
Cosmic Cube
Individual gems (ie power gem etc)

Etc

leonidas
this is mostly self-evident

hotu/hoti (same thing....)
infinity. gauntlet
nullifer/cube
gems

the only disputable pairing is the cube vs the UN. not sure they've been shown in direct relationship to the other so i'm not sure if the UN could wipe out a cube wielder who 'wished' to be immune to it or counter its powers. could go either way imo.

zopzop
infinity. gauntlet/cube
UN
gems
My reasoning : Cube can stop UN from even working (see Infinity War). IG may provide more total control of a universe than a Cube but the Cubes work in ANY reality, the IG is stuck working only in it's native universe.

IMHO, Cube > UN. Remember during Infinity War? Magus was using the Cosmic Cubes to stop the UN from working.

leonidas
i thought he had the incomplete gauntlet when he stopped the UN...? phukin memory...

Magnon
HotU
Infinity Gauntlet
Cosmic Cube
UN
Individual gems

Insane Titan
Originally posted by leonidas
i thought he had the incomplete gauntlet when he stopped the UN...? phukin memory... yeah he did, he had just literally gained the gauntlet.

leonidas
ok, good, thought so. thumb up

so, what role did the cubes play in that again? didn't the cubes create a fake gem or something? still, seems more like the IG did the work than the cubes. and there it were multiple cubes anyway, so....? not sure what zop was getting at. /shrug

Insane Titan

so, what role did the cubes play in that again? didn't the cubes create a fake gem or something? still, seems more like the IG did the work than the cubes. and there it were multiple cubes anyway, so....? not sure what zop was getting at. /shrug I don't honestly remember you cubes doing anything in regards to the UN. The fake reality gem was made aboard Thanos ship using his tech.

zopzop
Originally posted by Insane Titan
yeah he did, he had just literally gained the gauntlet. Originally posted by leonidas

so, what role did the cubes play in that again? didn't the cubes create a fake gem or something? still, seems more like the IG did the work than the cubes. and there it were multiple cubes anyway, so....? not sure what zop was getting at. /shrug Originally posted by Insane Titan
I don't honestly remember you cubes doing anything in regards to the UN. The fake reality gem was made aboard Thanos ship using his tech.
Guys you are misremembering.

Quasar had the UN and was aiming it at Magus. It wasn't working because Magus was using the Cosmic Cubes to jam it. Doom and Kang raid Magus' base and cause damage to his console that had control over the Cubes. Magus panics and flies directly to the Cubes to rejam the UN. Doom and Kang catch up to him, Doom betrays Kang, and Doom forces Magus to hand over the IG to him. At this moment the LT reverses his decision thanks to Gamora/Galactus waking Eternity and the IG activates. Magus then uses the IG to turn the UN on Quasar.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Dgg91nWmjuc/maxresdefault.jpg

leonidas
ah, ok, but that's a little different i think. again, there are several cubes in use in that instance, and secondly, i think jamming the UN (ie making it so that it couldn't start) is different from overcoming its power, per se. magus needed to prevent quasar from starting its power because the cubes wouldn't have been able to stop it otherwise, unlike the IG.

maybe a pedantic point, but it would seem to indicate to me that the cubes couldn't stop the UN's powers if it were unleashed. like sticking something in the barrel of a gun because the person knows they aren't really bullet-proof. the IG (incomplete) made magus bullet-proof. least that's how it appears to come across, imo. /shrug

oh, and nice new sig. that feat mera pulled recently impressed you eh? lol thumb up

xJLxKing
this is mostly self-evident

infinity. gauntlet
nullifer/cube
gems

the only disputable pairing is the cube vs the UN. not sure they've been shown in direct relationship to the other so i'm not sure if the UN could wipe out a cube wielder who 'wished' to be immune to it or counter its powers. could go either way imo. where does the Miracle machine stack up in your opinion

zopzop
ah, ok, but that's a little different i think. again, there are several cubes in use in that instance, and secondly, i think jamming the UN (ie making it so that it couldn't start) is different from overcoming its power, per se. magus needed to prevent quasar from starting its power because the cubes wouldn't have been able to stop it otherwise, unlike the IG.

maybe a pedantic point, but it would seem to indicate to me that the cubes couldn't stop the UN's powers if it were unleashed. like sticking something in the barrel of a gun because the person knows they aren't really bullet-proof. the IG (incomplete) made magus bullet-proof. least that's how it appears to come across, imo. /shrug
Don't forget the majority of the Cubes power was used to mask his presence from the Cosmic Hierarchy, he said so on panel (not to mention the fact that he was also pancaking two universes into one AND keeping Eternity and Infinity in a coma).

LOL. Thanks. Truth be told I was always a 'mini' fan of hers. DC, unlike Marvel, actually gives some respect to their 'water' and 'cold' based heroes/villains.

leonidas
Originally posted by zopzop

Don't forget the majority of the Cubes power was used to mask his presence from the Cosmic Hierarchy, he said so on panel (not to mention the fact that he was also pancaking two universes into one AND keeping Eternity and Infinity in a coma).

LOL. Thanks. Truth be told I was always a 'mini' fan of hers. DC, unlike Marvel, actually gives some respect to their 'water' and 'cold' based heroes/villains.

that's fair enough. i guess that would lead back to my initial point--it's pretty damn hard to say which is the more powerful between a cube and the UN i guess. i'd still lean towards the UN, but the cube has so much versatility that it would be tough for a UN user to even get off a shot i guess. /shrug

@jlx--hard to answer that. i guess i'd likely put it on par with the overall power of the classic IG. if wishes were made simultaneously by a user of the IG and by the user of the MM...? i dunno. too close to call imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.