Note-worthy movie weapons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
So, this is a thread for particularly note-worthy weapons across various films. Now, the weapons don't have to be iconic in terms of pop-culture or real-life audiences (although they can be).

They can, for example, be things like the Mexican, from the 2001 film of the same name. A gun that was noted as being a valuable antique, and highly sought after in that world. Of course, things like Captain America's shield, which is iconic both in the MCU itself and among comic fans, are also valid.

Or, if you can give decent reasoning for it, you can list any weapon that might not be considered note-worthy in terms of pop-culture or within a specific fictional universe, but which you personally thought was memorable. Maybe because of some features it had, or how a character used it during a specific moment/film.

So, obviously, I have already mentioned two. And I will throw another one out there. Constantine's holy shotgun from the 2005 film:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/d/d4/C-Constantine-Big-Gun-Pica.jpg

I thought this thing had a pretty sweet design.

HulkIsHulk
Movie only, or does TV series weapons count too?

KingD19
Excalibur from King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Movie only, or does TV series weapons count too?

Go for it.

HulkIsHulk
Well, the Berserker staff from AOS. It can empower you, cut into Asgardians, etc.
The Black hole grenade from TTDW. Easy to use, and foesn't depend on the opponent' durability.
Those are off the top of my head.

HulkIsHulk
The Dagger of Time from POP

TheVaultDweller
The Dagger of Time from POP

Good pick. I genuinely forgot about this one.

riv6672
Conan's Atantean sword.

http://i59.tinypic.com/t62seg.jpg

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by riv6672
Conan's Atantean sword.

http://i59.tinypic.com/t62seg.jpg

I googled it to see the full length. That's a cool design.

jaden101
The pulse rifle from Aliens. Because of the way Hicks introduces it and how ****ing awesome it sounds.

Kazenji
LyhR1THflUU

riv6672
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I googled it to see the full length. That's a cool design.
^^^Yeah, and pretty unusual for a sword, allowing it to be gripped above the guard like that.

Quigley's rifle in Quigley Down Under really captured my imagination. From the way Selleck decribed it to how he used it as a quarter staff, to th shots made. Great weapon, really well built up.
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/d/d7/QuigleySharps2.jpg/600px-QuigleySharps2.jpg

John Murdoch
- Anton Chigurh's silenced shotgun from No Country for Old Men.

- It's cool that the swords/short swords/daggers/armor in The Hobbit/LotR trilogies have character forged into them (Orcrist, Sting, Glamdring, Narsil broken then reforged into Anduril - Flame of the West).

- James Bond's classic Walther PPK.

- Also from Bond, C. Lee's Scaramanga's Golden Gun.

Khazra Reborn
I'll be captain obvious and say Mjolnir.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

laughing out loud

steverules_2
Auto 9 from robocop

HulkIsHulk
The Lawgivers from the Judge Dredd movies

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

I was actually waiting for someone to bring this up. I'd already mentioned Cap's shield, so didn't want to go for the obvious one twice.

TheVaultDweller
And, for a lighter tone, I will add this:

xOrgLj9lOwk

riv6672
The Lawgivers from the Judge Dredd movies
Oh yeah.
Both were equally kick ass. thumb up

HulkIsHulk
The Epirus Bow from The Immortals

Also, many of the weapons from the X of Titans duology - Perseus's Lightning Sword and Scorpioch shield, Zeus's thunderbolt, Ares Warham mer and other weapons, Poseidon's trident, Hades bident/pitchfork.

TheVaultDweller
The Epirus Bow from The Immortals

Another good one. I loved this scene from the film. It really highlights what a monstrous weapon the bow is:

vWAwcMYvaiI

HulkIsHulk
James Bond's vibro ring and laser watch in Goldeneye. Heck many of the Bond watches

HulkIsHulk
Then the Pym particle gun used by Cross in Ant Man

HulkIsHulk
Dam we all forgot lightsabers

HulkIsHulk
The light discs from the TRON movies.

The triple blade from Sword and The Sorcerer. Detachable, has another blade inside it, can fire off the smaller two edges, etc.

The Seeker's sword -The Sword of Truth - from The Legend of the Seeker. Also the Agiel

Blade's sword, as well as the bladed dart firing knuckles in the second movie. Then his glaive, which got an upgrade in the TV series.

Then movie Daredevil batons. They can be extended into staffs which cold be used as walking sticks or Bo staffs. They had cables which could be connected so as to use them like nunchucks, and the edges extended out and could be fired to be used as grappling hooks

TheVaultDweller
The cricket bat from Shaun of the Dead. big grin

HulkIsHulk
The proton packs of Ghost busters.

And the UV laser arc blade from Blade Trinity

John Murdoch
Anyone mention the Samaritan from Hellboy?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Anyone mention the Samaritan from Hellboy?

They have now. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.