Stardust Crusaders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Just finished the anime. Amazing series with kind of a "meh" ending.

Shouldn't Joseph have turned into a vampire after the Dio transfusion, just like Vanilla Ice did? Of course, they should have let him rest in peace instead of resurrecting him as a souless abomination who's soul surely passed on to the afterlife, but I digress.. smile

Zack Fair
agreed. Ending was like "wut"

I didnt like Jotaro at all, but I still watched the entire thing. It had this classic RPG adventure feel. Plus Dio and Joseph(Best JoJo ever)

ares834

Zack Fair
Jotaro was dull and boring AF imo. Joseph and Co. carried him throughout the entire show.

That said he got better in part 4. Maybe because he wasn't in the spotlight.

ares834
Yare yare daze.

Zack Fair
xDDD

I imagined myself getting ORA ORA ORA'D

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by cdtm
Just finished the anime. Amazing series with kind of a "meh" ending.

Shouldn't Joseph have turned into a vampire after the Dio transfusion, just like Vanilla Ice did? Of course, they should have let him rest in peace instead of resurrecting him as a souless abomination who's soul surely passed on to the afterlife, but I digress.. smile

Joseph's body would have still had hamon energy in it, which would have instantly purged whatever vampire taint DIO's blood brought.

NemeBro
Stardust Crusaders, of the Parts I've watched, is easily the worst Part with the worst main character (well, worst Jojo, the writer seemed to realize this and proceeded to make Polnareff the main character), and had easily the most underwhelming final fight up to at least Part 4 which is where I've left off. Jotaro vs. DIO was actual dog shit.

Zack Fair
Gotta agree with Polnareff getting a whole lot of love.

Final fight was...weird. I only liked when Jotaro was forced to play dead. Until that moment it felt like Jotaro was just Gary Stu Joestar

NemeBro
I really like the part where knives thrown by The World were blocked by magazines.

cdtm
Far ad I'm concerned, the penultimate boss battle was the real apex of the show.

You had two main characters bite it, and Cream was legit scary, much more so then The World.

Zack Fair
You guys seen part 4?

I had to force myself to watch it. It got good to me near the end. When the real bad guy was finally revealed.

Yamcha
I just need to rant about JoJo here for a bit, Part 7 is my favorite overall cause the Wild West type setting, and my favorite adaption to the series outside of the anime is probably the fact the author himself wrote the story for the new JoJo game released (as I ranted about here)

Originally posted by Yamcha
I love JoJo, but the author definitely enjoys his bizarre stands that make you question WTF is actually going on. For example in the game that was recently released that the author actually wrote the story for, the main antagonist is a Dio from a universe where he killed all the Joestars (Heaven Ascension Dio/The World Over Heaven), then when he collects all the parts of Jesus it boosts his power even more so when he already has the ability to OVERWRITE REALITY so he can rewrite whatever he wants, screw with souls, resurrect the dead, infinite time stop, etc etc,...He even nullifies GER's ability along with Tusk Act 4's ability (Another pretty crazy stand from Part 7) when they attack him because why not? Shit's insane.

http://i64.tinypic.com/117h2t4.jpg

Man JoJo is great. I love how dumb it can sound explaining it to someone who has no idea what a JoJo is, it makes it all the better lol.

Yamcha
Also to keep on topic of Part 3, which Iggy do you think got it worse? The new version or the old adaption? The new one where Vanilla Ice kicks him to death is pretty brutal, but in the old version he got cut in half and kicked to the side, but even though he got cut in half it didn't seem like he had to suffer like the new version where he's kicked to death.

Uh uh uh, here's more Part 3 related stuff! It was in my recommended videos, you guys can have it too since you're my best friends big grin

Z1oQCh8seeU

Yamcha
Last thing I promise since I'll be gone for a few days anywho, someone finally uploaded the English version of this scene from the game and this is the first meeting with that Dio I was talking about before he gets all the corpse parts so at least all that mumbo jumbo makes a bit more sense lol.

ktjbT0S6K4U

Sorry guys, I get a bit carried away sometimes when it comes to ranting about JoJo.

ares834
Originally posted by Zack Fair
You guys seen part 4?

I had to force myself to watch it. It got good to me near the end. When the real bad guy was finally revealed.

It seems to have a ton of fans, but I felt the exact same way.

FinalAnswer
Part 4 is good, it's just different from the other parts because it's basically a slice of life anime except with murderers.

cdtm
Why is a marine biologist chasing after Stands?

Why would Jotaro even become a marine biologist? How? He was a delinquint who's been in prison.

FinalAnswer
He likes dolphins.

cdtm
So was Joseph robbing the cradle, or is Josuke's mom just way older then she looks? laughing

FinalAnswer
Once a player, always a player

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ffQmb-cNFuk/maxresdefault.jpg

cdtm
Originally posted by Zack Fair
You guys seen part 4?

Best villain of the entire franchise, imo. Instead if an invincible fighter, you have a David Xanatos chess player.

In fact, a lot of things are subverted here. The main character doesn't even get many, if any, upgrades, while a side character keeps getting more powerful.

The fourth leg in general also has a freak parade of esoteric stands, some of them way overpowered. Star Platinum can still beat just about anyone in a fight, but now he's up against Stands that ambush you like a ninja, and have bizarre abilities that are impossible to predict or defend against..

I like it, but the rules are sort of loose and plot dependant, like the one that can turn anyone into a book if they look at a manga page initially, but later he can bust the Stand out at will on dogs and cats, who can hardly read a manga page..

Yamcha
Whenever someone treats a dog poorly in JoJo you know they're evil as ****.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/IMG_2622_zpseixsnyhf.gif

That's why Kars is obviously the true hero of the series.
vyAYMysXJCE

Best villain of the entire franchise, imo. Instead if an invincible fighter, you have a David Xanatos chess player. thumb up He's so awesome, my favorite part is when he follows that ******* of a couple home. He just wants a quiet life sad.

Yamcha
Let's all enjoy the Duwang translation right now shall we smile?

L6S2Tj-3nmw

znP7cOuq4yY

Never forget those words.

iQLDbL7OXGk

Zack Fair
Best villain of the entire franchise, imo. Instead if an invincible fighter, you have a David Xanatos chess player.

In fact, a lot of things are subverted here. The main character doesn't even get many, if any, upgrades, while a side character keeps getting more powerful.

The fourth leg in general also has a freak parade of esoteric stands, some of them way overpowered. Star Platinum can still beat just about anyone in a fight, but now he's up against Stands that ambush you like a ninja, and have bizarre abilities that are impossible to predict or defend against..

I like it, but the rules are sort of loose and plot dependant, like the one that can turn anyone into a book if they look at a manga page initially, but later he can bust the Stand out at will on dogs and cats, who can hardly read a manga page..

I agree I really digged the bad guy. (I forgot his name because I'm terrible at japanese names) But he legit saved the ****ing show and was just awesome. Liked him way better than Dio.

Dark-Kenshin
Plot Hole: After the 4th episode, why didn't Joseph simply commission a private jet from the speedwagon foundation to take them directly to Cairo? The stated concern was the danger they could pose on commercial passenger flights, so why not use your unlimited resources to take a private flight? But then again, I guess this show was more about the journey than anything else. laughing

cdtm
Unlimited resources, and he has to borrow from Josuke.

Lets just fill the plot hole in with Joseph's senility. wink (Yes, it started even in Stardust Crusaders, judging by several events such as The Sun.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.