Size of Kong in the Monsterverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
So I'm curious as to how big we all think Kong will get by the time of he and Godzilla's title fight in 2020. I have an idea of how big I think he'll get:

Kong Size Analysis

But, I'm curious as to what others think.

Mindset
Wow... that's a lot of work put into something so pointless.

I like it.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Mindset
Wow... that's a lot of work put into something so pointless.

I like it. lol. I was bored and figured I hadn't made a long thread a while.

Inhuman
Why doesn't Kong have a penis?

marwash22
i went from 5'8" to 6'2" in one summer.

it's a movie. relax.

also, they could easily explain his growth by saying the island was nuked and he grew from the radiation.

Khazra Reborn
The director has said they will more or less be the same size, and it was made abundantly clear in Skull Island that Kong was no where near done growing yet.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by darthbane77

But, I'm curious as to what others think.

He's gonna be almost the size of my d!ck. cool

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Inhuman
Why doesn't Kong have a penis?

They're just being accurate, Gorillas actually have tiny weenies. laughing out loud

darthbane77
Originally posted by marwash22
i went from 5'8" to 6'2" in one summer.

it's a movie. relax.

also, they could easily explain his growth by saying the island was nuked and he grew from the radiation. Seems like that would be a really poor cop out though.

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The director has said they will more or less be the same size, and it was made abundantly clear in Skull Island that Kong was no where near done growing yet. When did the director say that?

marwash22
bermm

it would be a really poor cop out to explain that a 100 foot ape could grow larger from being exposed to radiation... in a film where giant buffalo's and fictional lizard monsters exist?

okay.

darthbane77
bermm

it would be a really poor cop out to explain that a 100 foot ape could grow larger from being exposed to radiation... in a film where giant buffalo's and fictional lizard monsters exist?

okay. What I mean is that they could make a better explanation. Godzilla wasn't created by radiation, he only fed on it (in the Monsterverse anyway) and the animals of Skull Island are honestly pretty believable when you examine the fossil record. So no, nuclear radiation is a cop out, a bad one.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

He's gonna be really small then awesome

Mindset
He's gonna be almost the size of my d!ck. cool Is the next movie going to occur in the microverse?

riv6672
bermm

okay.
What I mean is that they could make a better explanation. Godzilla wasn't created by radiation, he only fed on it (in the Monsterverse anyway) and the animals of Skull Island are honestly pretty believable when you examine the fossil record. So no, nuclear radiation is a cop out, a bad one.
No its not bad at all.
Its a go to reason for rapid growth. It has been, as early as THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS and THEM.

If you're looking to re-invent the wheel here, on a sci fi staple, then YOU provide a better alternative, dont just complain about what's in place, and say 'they could make a better explanation'.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by steverules_2
He's gonna be really small then awesome

No, BIG!

riv6672
He'll probably really overcompensate on message boards, too...angel

Patient_Leech
I don't know what you're talking about...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0a/1d/38/0a1d381743295ba4be387108cfe64541--big-trucks-meanwhile-in.jpg

darthbane77
Originally posted by riv6672
No its not bad at all.
Its a go to reason for rapid growth. It has been, as early as THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS and THEM.

If you're looking to re-invent the wheel here, on a sci fi staple, then YOU provide a better alternative, dont just complain about what's in place, and say 'they could make a better explanation'. They've already come up with new ways for these monsters to be the size they are, that didn't involve mutation through radiation. All I'm saying is that they should do something original, rather than use the usual fallback option. I'm not complaining, and if they do the whole nuclear radiation made him grow shtick, I'll still see the movie, I just think they can be creative enough to think of something different, that's all.

Esau Cairn

When did the director say that?

It was mentioned in the film that Kong was still growing.
They also show the bigger skeletal remains of his family.

Yeah I get Godzilla is vastly more superior in size to Kong.
I just don't like the idea of 2 monster creatures stomping cities to rubble...yet again.

I like the imagery & notion of Kong climbing & swinging from skyscrapers not knocking them down. I like the idea of an agile Kong rather than a colossal one.

Esau Cairn

So Curious George meets Godzilla?

darthbane77
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
It was mentioned in the film that Kong was still growing.
They also show the bigger skeletal remains of his family.

Yeah I get Godzilla is vastly more superior in size to Kong.
I just don't like the idea of 2 monster creatures stomping cities to rubble...yet again.

I like the imagery & notion of Kong climbing & swinging from skyscrapers not knocking them down. I like the idea of an agile Kong rather than a colossal one.
The mention of Kong still growing really doesn't prove much though, and I outlined why in the CV thread.

And Kong's parents Skeletons weren't any bigger than Kong himself, based on comparison of the size of the bones next people vs the size of Kong next to people. But I digress.

The idea of Kong being much smaller and using his ape agility and intelligence is, to me, far more appealing than another typical "two big monsters crush skyscrapers and step on people" scenario. And I'm glad you agree, it means I'm not crazy for thinking it, lol.

Esau Cairn
Point is, this Kong is designed with more human-like features, walking upright with longer legs...compared to Jackson's Kong which was literally an oversized Gorilla.

Jackson's Kong is in my top 10 favs list so I'm constantly imagining that version fighting Godzilla.

Having said that, Skull Island was just as awesome so I have every faith that that version of Kong will not be disappointing either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.