Thor/Surfer/Sentry (voided out) vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
JLA..
Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash (Wally), and Green Lantern (Hal)

vs

Thor
Surfer
Sentry (with Void in control...black eyes Sentry)

h1a8
JLA wins.
Flash can beat Sentry

Photon-2
JL wins .

Adam Grimes
JLA

JBL
Team sentry wins.

abhilegend
Flash throws Sentry into speed force. JLA go town on the others.

celeyhyga17
Manhunter tweaks Sentry unstable psyche a bit

Rest of jla overwhelm thor/surfer.

Surtur
Voided out Sentry at his height just plain can't be killed unless he wants to die, right?

carthage
JLA

RealityWarper
Sentry remove the JLA from existence with a thought.

Adam Grimes
Manhunter makes Sentry kill himself

xJLxKing
JLA wins

Surtur
An overt psychic attack would not be recommended.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Manhunter makes Sentry kill himself

Fail.

https://s4.postimg.org/xv95uwpyl/Sentry_TPproof_Mind_Agents-of-_Atlas-003-pg-22.jpg

Insane Titan
JLA Wins.

Superman just goes all out punching Void to death like his inferior Thor did.

JBL
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Fail.

https://s4.postimg.org/xv95uwpyl/Sentry_TPproof_Mind_Agents-of-_Atlas-003-pg-22.jpg lol. Way to shoot down that rediculas post. MM making Sentry kill himself. What a lack of knowledge on sentry.

DarkSaint85
Celey, show them why you're feared.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by JBL
lol. Way to shoot down that rediculas post. MM making Sentry kill himself. What a lack of knowledge on sentry.

The post with Thor "killing" Sentry is ridiculous too

Obsidian1
Probably Marvel due to sentry

Insane Titan
Sentry is weak, he died with a few hammer shots and lighting.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Insane Titan
JLA Wins.

Superman just goes all out punching Void to death like his inferior Thor did.

Maybe with a sufficient dose of hear vision, but not just with punches.

Thor hit him with a double handed slam and a bolt of lightning that completely covered his body.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Damborgson
Maybe with a sufficient dose of hear vision, but not just with punches.

Thor hit him with a double handed slam and a bolt of lightning that completely covered his body.

Nothing will be effective.

The Avengers where amped by the Norn Stones to fight the Void and it was ineffective.

Thor best shots did nothing.

Sentry "died" only because Bob wanted it.

0 DAMAGES

https://s2.postimg.org/wwrrr4iqh/Siege_3_Legion_CPS_021.jpg

h1a8

The Avengers where amped by the Norn Stones to fight the Void and it was ineffective.

0 DAMAGES

https://s2.postimg.org/wwrrr4iqh/Siege_3_Legion_CPS_021.jpg So Bob lowered his durability to the point he could be killed?
There is no evidence given by the writer of this.

Did Bob stop himself (the Void) from attacking and opened himself up to be attacked and killed? This is the clear writer's intentions.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by h1a8
So Bob lowered his durability to the point he could be killed?

Yes. All of Bob's powers depends on his mental state.

Bob amp his physicals the same way than the others, durability included

There is evidence from day 1.

"You do have strong psychic powers holding your physical powers together."

https://s3.postimg.org/5bg4xjgub/3546583-3994243342-rsz_3.jpg

Bob changed back to Void and asked Thor, a second time, to kill him.

I've already posted Thor shooting Sentry with all of his power and that did nothing.

Damborgson

0 DAMAGES

https://s2.postimg.org/wwrrr4iqh/Siege_3_Legion_CPS_021.jpg

Sentry's body was revealing more of the void when it got damaged,after Thor hit him with that, it essentially tore the Sentry's body apart to have that much coming out.

I chuckled a little though laughing out loud "0 DAMAGES"

Surtur
So Bob lowered his durability to the point he could be killed?
There is no evidence given by the writer of this.

Did Bob stop himself (the Void) from attacking and opened himself up to be attacked and killed? This is the clear writer's intentions.

Okay the problem here is Sentry has been completely utterly destroyed before and come back. So can you explain why Thor destroying him would take, when it didn't before? The only difference seems to be he wanted to die, so he did.

Otherwise you're saying Thor didn't just blast Bob, he warped reality itself to prevent him from returning.

h1a8
Yes. All of Bob's powers depends on his mental state.

Bob amp his physicals the same way than the others, durability included
There is no evidence that Bob can willingly decrease his physical stats. Hell, although amping is not the same as decreasing, there is no evidence that he can willingly amp his physical stats.

Finally, the writer didn't give his intentions for that to be the case in that scene. Therefore you are making things up in the story.

It damaged Sentry. It's clear as day. Where do you get this no damage from?
Also, the attack was far lesser than the killing attack.

None of that proves that Sentry can mentally decrease his durability ON PURPOSE. It also doesn't prove that it was THIS particular writer's intention that Sentry possess that ability and did just that.

h1a8
Originally posted by Surtur
Okay the problem here is Sentry has been completely utterly destroyed before and come back. So can you explain why Thor destroying him would take, when it didn't before? The only difference seems to be he wanted to die, so he did.

Otherwise you're saying Thor didn't just blast Bob, he warped reality itself to prevent him from returning. That's not the same Sentry.

Surtur
That's not the same Sentry.

Lol what? It says "Voided out Sentry". I'm taking that to mean Sentry at the height of his power.

He can come back from being utterly destroyed. Please explain again why a reality warper allowing himself to be killed by Thor has any relevance?

RealityWarper
Sentry's body was revealing more of the void when it got damaged,after Thor hit him with that, it essentially tore the Sentry's body apart to have that much coming out.

I chuckled a little though laughing out loud "0 DAMAGES"

And that's what happen on panel, Sentry suffers 0 damages.

You think that a weak lightning like this can affect him when during his fight against Photon he completely shrugged off planet-busting attacks...

There is no evidence that Bob can willingly decrease his physical stats. Hell, although amping is not the same as decreasing, there is no evidence that he can willingly amp his physical stats.

There is evidence he does.

Again, we see Sentry taking no damages before he ask Thor to kill him.

I'm not.

Bendis said in an interview that the Avengers couldn't kill him if he didn't want it.

The page I posted shows 0 damages on Sentry. He didn't even blink.

Nope.

Sentry wanted to die. That's the difference.

Same thing when Sentry was inside the Sun. He took damages because he wanted to die, otherwise he entered inside the Sun against the Collective and took 0 damages too.

It does and I've said that Bendis already written a Sentry willing to die and taking physical damages from the Sun (and still healing it).

I posted evidence that Sentry controls his physicals via his psychic powers above too.

Zack M
Jla

h1a8

You think that a weak lightning like this can affect him when during his fight against Photon he completely shrugged off planet-busting attacks...

There is evidence he does.

Again, we see Sentry taking no damages before he ask Thor to kill him.

I'm not.

Bendis said in an interview that the Avengers couldn't kill him if he didn't want it.

The page I posted shows 0 damages on Sentry. He didn't even blink.

Nope.

Sentry wanted to die. That's the difference.

Same thing when Sentry was inside the Sun. He took damages because he wanted to die, otherwise he entered inside the Sun against the Collective and took 0 damages too.

It does and I've said that Bendis already written a Sentry willing to die and taking physical damages from the Sun (and still healing it).

I posted evidence that Sentry controls his physicals via his psychic powers above too.

The post where you showed 0 damages is irrelevant. Because stronger attacks by Thor damaged Sentry initially and killed him later (the most powerful attack).
You would have a point if all attacks were equivalent. That's like saying you smacking me caused no damage but punching me in the face cause me to bleed and thus I must have lowered my durability.

Sentry's physical is tied to his mental state. I agree with this. But that's different in being able to manipulate your own mental state to lower your durability. That's like your brain controls your heart but you can't make your brain stop your heart. There is no evidence that Sentry can willingly manipulate his mental state to lower his durability. Sentry can't control his mental state. That's why we have a lot of low showings (Iron Man busted his nose with a punch). And that's why we have Void (Sentry can't completely control is mental state).

Damborgson

Except for the gaping wound in his back....in your own scan.

Pfft, Sentry wishes he were at Thor's power level.

zopzop

Yup Voidtry was even more powerful than Death Sentry. JLA is going to die painfully. Hell, Voidtry may even wind up killing his own team too.

Team Voidtry wins.

h1a8
Originally posted by Surtur
Lol what? It says "Voided out Sentry". I'm taking that to mean Sentry at the height of his power.

He can come back from being utterly destroyed. Please explain again why a reality warper allowing himself to be killed by Thor has any relevance? Voided out Sentry is not the same as MM Sentry. That Sentry was completely stable and had no void eyes or hints of void.

h1a8
Originally posted by zopzop
Yup Voidtry was even more powerful than Death Sentry. JLA is going to die painfully. Hell, Voidtry may even wind up killing his own team too.

Team Voidtry wins. Voided out Sentry can be killed by physical means.

zopzop
Voided out Sentry can be killed by physical means.
Yes, if he allows himself to be killed.

h1a8
Yes, if he allows himself to be killed.
There is no proof. Voided out Sentry (not Voidtry) didn't show any ability to do tk or come back from being killed.

Also, Basically you are saying that no physical force in the universe can kill him. Not even Galactus or LT.

zopzop
There is no proof. Voided out Sentry (not Voidtry) didn't show any ability to do tk or come back from being killed.
He came back to life after Morgan La Fey killed him.

I wasn't referring to omnipotents (who can obviously destroy him if they want and make him stay dead). I was talking about herald level beings (like the ones in this thread).

h1a8

He came back to life after Morgan La Fey killed him.

I wasn't referring to omnipotents (who can obviously destroy him if they want and make him stay dead). I was talking about herald level beings (like the ones in this thread). Any scans of voided out Sentry coming back to life from Morgan?

How can they make him stay dead if he can come back?

zopzop
Any scans of voided out Sentry coming back to life from Morgan?
https://s2.postimg.org/mcpjr4j5x/s5_Rhg_QA.jpg
Again with the black Void eyes. They were easier to see in the following page but I can't find the scan.

Omnipotents make their own rules.

RealityWarper
The post where you showed 0 damages is irrelevant. Because stronger attacks by Thor damaged Sentry initially and killed him later (the most powerful attack).

*sigh*

Thor said on panel that he was doing his most powerful attack and this had no effect at all.

He was killed later because he allowed Thor to kill him.

Even when Thor and the Avengers where amped by the Norn Stones they were incapable to take him down...

It's more than that.

Sentry's powers are linked to his mental state.

Oh my God...

You don't get it.

It's not about manipulating his mind....

Sentry's powers allows him to manipulate all matter & energy. He can give himself whatever ability he needs, including manipulating his own durability. That's the base of his powers.

His powers are psionic in nature and affected by his mental state thus if his mental illnesses kicks in like the Agoraphobia, he can be affected physically.

For example, his Agoraphobia in World War Hulk made him lose the control of his powers (and his concentration, that's one of the symptom of the Agoraphobia). His Generalized Anxiety Disorder is also responsible for this.

The Void is different than the other mental illnesses.

The Void is created by Robert's delusions induced by his Paranoid Schizophrenia.

That means that when he believes himself as the Void he uses his powers to change his shape into the Void or if he has the delusion that the Void is attacking people his powers makes him real.

Except for the gaping wound in his back....in your own scan.

There is no wound. He is simply morphing into Voidtry (Sentry + Void)

Yeah, becoming weaker is soooo good.

Please show me when Thor is able to block the descent of Exitar via pure strength instead of being repelled like an insect.

Show me when Thor is capable to beat Molecule Man.

Team Voidtry wins.

Heeey no.

Death Sentry doesn't have the Void's or Sentry's limitations. He is cured of his Schizophrenia, GAD and Agoraphobia by his holidays in the Sun.

He has the persona of an Horseman of Death which makes him more willing to use the full scope of his unlimited powers.

abhilegend
Originally posted by abhilegend
Flash throws Sentry into speed force. JLA go town on the others.

RealityWarper

Flash dies instantly.

He had to push Superemoboy Prime while having the help of all the other Flash. He will not move Sentry or harm him...

Juntai
Is Bart in this thread?

Prof. T.C McAbe
JLA, in a 3v3 it might be close but this... no.

JBL
Sentry wins by himself.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by JBL
Sentry wins by himself.

Clearly.

What will the JLA do against the Void ? Seriously...

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Sentry wins by himself.
Nope. Sentry gets thrown to speed force and the others beat the shit out of Thor and Surfer.

RealityWarper
Nope. Sentry gets thrown to speed force and the others beat the shit out of Thor and Surfer.

That will not happen.

Flash can't push Sentry inside the speed force. He will not move at all.

Flash can't stop Sentry from moving because he has infinite speed.

Sentry can disintegrate Flash & the JLA with a single thought.

Game Over.

abhilegend
Someone inform the troll that he is on ignore. His fantasies are limited to his own.

Can a true fan of Sentry stand up because this joker is certainly not one.

RealityWarper
Someone inform the troll that he is on ignore. His fantasies are limited to his own.

Firstly, I'm not a troll.

Secondly, your answer proves that you have no counter-argument into that thread.

Now you are relying on the "no true Scotsman fallacy" ?

What a surprise...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zzSqL--d_I

Watch this video, educate yourself.

playa1258
Team JLA.

Superman can beat Thor

Hal takes Surfer

MM takes Sentry via TP.

RealityWarper
That's becoming seriously hilarious.

Special mention to the "MM takes Sentry via TP". laughing

Damborgson

Again with the black Void eyes. They were easier to see in the following page but I can't find the scan.

Wicked looking sig and avy Zop.

RealityWarper
Pfft, Sentry wishes he were at Thor's power level.

THOR + NAMOR + CAPTAIN AMERICA + SURFER vs WEAK MOLECULE MAN

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/img_7202.png

SENTRY vs FULL POWER MOLECULE MAN

https://s1.postimg.org/lsv0xpwvj/Dark-_Avengers-012-pg-16.jpg

https://s4.postimg.org/k7irc067x/Dark-_Avengers-012-pg-17.jpg

YOU SAID ?

tkitna

Can a true fan of Sentry stand up because this joker is certainly not one.

Sure. Voidtry solo's the JLA. Seriously. Thor and Surfer are just overkill.

JBL

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/img_7202.png

SENTRY vs FULL POWER MOLECULE MAN

https://s1.postimg.org/lsv0xpwvj/Dark-_Avengers-012-pg-16.jpg

https://s4.postimg.org/k7irc067x/Dark-_Avengers-012-pg-17.jpg

YOU SAID ? That weak molecule man would STOMP the JLA 100/10. JLA would loose 2000/10 to Sentry.

carver9

Sentry is freaking amazing. Extremely powerful character.

carver9
Originally posted by JBL
That weak molecule man would STOMP the JLA 100/10. JLA would loose 2000/10 to Sentry.

Easily.

zopzop
Wicked looking sig and avy Zop.
Thanks.
YOU SAID ?
I agree with you 100% that the MM Voidtry beat was much more powerful than the MM that stomped Thor and crew and destroyed their weapons/armor. But you lose me and other Sentry fans when you say the MM that Voidtry beat was full powered. That's not true. Full powered MM is a universal/multiversal power.
Originally posted by tkitna
Enzru, at least I think it was Enzru, posted an interview with Stan Lee commenting on What If 200. Although he didn't actually edit the entire book (he wrote one of the stories in it), he approved of it. In that comic Voidtry wiped out the entire planet killing all heroes and villains before finally destroying the Earth. He was then going to go to the moon to destroy it and kill the Watcher there. The Father of Marvel gave his thumbs up to this (and the other stories) mentioned in that comic.

Hence why I said Voidtry would kill everyone on T2 and his own team.
Originally posted by JBL
That weak molecule man would STOMP the JLA 100/10. JLA would loose 2000/10 to Sentry.
Yup. I mean he slagged Mjolnir, Cap's Shield, Surfer's Board, and Iron Man's armor.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by JBL

Exactly.

Originally posted by carver9
Sentry is freaking amazing. Extremely powerful character.

True.

Easily.

thumb up

RealityWarper

I agree with you 100% that the MM Voidtry beat was much more powerful than the MM that stomped Thor and crew and destroyed their weapons/armor. But you lose me and other Sentry fans when you say the MM that Voidtry beat was full powered. That's not true. Full powered MM is a universal/multiversal power.

Bro, they just targeted each others molecules in Dark Avengers.

MM was at full powers because he had no negative beliefs in his abilities : no need to use a wood rod, no negative belief like thinking that he was unable to manipulate the organic molecules.

Damborgson

YOU SAID ?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111132618/3435627-350153-1351071_thor_vs_sentry_08_super_super.jpg

That's all I see my friend.

Prof. T.C McAbe
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111132618/3435627-350153-1351071_thor_vs_sentry_08_super_super.jpg

thumb up
Soon comes the "Sentry killed himself" BS.

Insane Titan
The Marvel 3 are vastly out powered here.

StiltmanFTW

Void Crab took a shield throw from Captain America who was amped by Norn Stones... 9020000022482714 dmg, critical hit.

Thor's silly hammer strike delivered something like 0.00001 dmg. Only because he was amped, otherwise it would be zero point zero.

carver9
I'm seeing Void screaming out "kill me". Does anyone else see that?

RealityWarper

Read Void's speech bubbles

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
thumb up
Soon comes the "Sentry killed himself" BS.

Read Void's speech bubbles

Exactly.

This couldn't have happened if Void didn't allow Thor to do something.

Void will take 0 damages.

StiltmanFTW
@carverrrrrrr

Damborg cannot read. Blame Rage, he insisted on hitting him repeatedly with his Mjolnir replica when Damborg joined his Ass-Guardians club... crazy initiation...

zopzop
Exactly. He's fighting the Void influence and giving them an opening to mount an assault. It doesn't get any clearer than that. He lost because he wanted to die.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Damborg cannot read. Blame Rage, he insisted on hitting him repeatedly with his Mjolnir replica when Damborg joined his Ass-Guardians club... crazy initiation...

That sounds "Insane".

Exactly. He's fighting the Void influence and giving them an opening to mount an assault. It doesn't get any clearer than that. He lost because he wanted to die.

Clear as daylight.

zopzop

You also saw this right?
https://s1.postimg.org/iv4m45ol7/5208858-5068704040-_Loki_N.jpg
Thor, along with the rest of the Avengers, were amped by the Norn Stones. Before that, they were doing next to nothing to Voidtry. And even with the amp, they needed Voidtry to WANT to die.

Damborgson
@carverrrrrrr

Oh yeah, that's what he was hitting me with ha...ha....

Carv, if you scream "kill me" at a police officer, and he shoots you, how much of your willingness to die factored into that bullet ability to kill you? In this case, Thor was the bullet.

That Bob fought off the influence of the Void to keep him dead is undeniable, as undeniable as Thor one shot disintegrating a solid trans character is.

You also saw this right?
https://s1.postimg.org/iv4m45ol7/5208858-5068704040-_Loki_N.jpg
Thor, along with the rest of the Avengers, were amped by the Norn Stones. Before that, they were doing next to nothing to Voidtry. And even with the amp, they needed Voidtry to WANT to die.

The void got the jump on them, but Thor handled the void just fine after the amp was gone too.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180728-9.jpg

He's the one who picked him up and slammed him into the open field to get hit with the helicarier after all.

Sin I AM

This isnt shown anywhere on panel

zopzop

That Bob fought off the influence of the Void to keep him dead is undeniable, as undeniable as Thor one shot disintegrating a solid trans character is.
Thor was AMPED and Robert was fighting the Void influence wanting them to kill him.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
This isnt shown anywhere on panel

Insane Titan
Thor was AMPED and Robert was fighting the Void influence wanting them to kill him. Thor was only amped by a small portion of the norm stones as it was shared around, plus the norm stones true power offer far more than what the hero's showed.

Bob saying kill me was just instructing Thor to not hold back and give it everything he had.

Sin I AM

Something troubling you mate?

StiltmanFTW
Something troubling you mate?

Yes.

I'm not a Sentry fan either, but... you can't just ignore Bob feeling guilty, asking the heroes to kill him and screaming the same thing in his final moments...

carver9
Oh yeah, that's what he was hitting me with ha...ha....

Carv, if you scream "kill me" at a police officer, and he shoots you, how much of your willingness to die factored into that bullet ability to kill you? In this case, Thor was the bullet.

The void got the jump on them, but Thor handled the void just fine after the amp was gone too.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180728-9.jpg

He's the one who picked him up and slammed him into the open field to get hit with the helicarier after all.

What does this panel mean to You?

"And Robert, I hate to be the one to tell this to you, especially now since you went to all this trouble...but this isn't going to work. You don't want it enough".

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8277ca4f3bd79ddf09e25569c58ffab4-c

Seems pretty obvious got darn obvious to me.

Sin I AM
Yes.

I'm not a Sentry fan either, but... you can't just ignore Bob feeling guilty, asking the heroes to kill him and screaming the same thing in his final moments...

I am a sentry fan

But Im not gonna just assume a character can do something when its never been displayed or referenced...ever.

Damborgson
What does this panel mean to You?

"And Robert, I hate to be the one to tell this to you, especially now since you went to all this trouble...but this isn't going to work. You don't want it enough".

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8277ca4f3bd79ddf09e25569c58ffab4-c

Seems pretty obvious got darn obvious to me.

This...this doesn't even seem relevant to my post. Did you mean to respond to me?

DarkSaint85
Yes.

Doesn't mean much.

If Sentry's powers really are that tied to his mindset, and he can do anything he wants, and he wanted to die...

Why not just kill himself?

Why ask Thor and the heroes to do so?

Edit: The answer some would say, is down to that scan carver posted. He didn't want it enough.

So which is it? He lost because he wanted to die, or he couldn't die because he didn't want it enough?

RealityWarper
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Doesn't mean much.

If Sentry's powers really are that tied to his mindset, and he can do anything he wants, and he wanted to die...

Edit: The answer some would say, is down to that scan carver posted. He didn't want it enough.

So which is it? He lost because he wanted to die, or he couldn't die because he didn't want it enough?

He wanted to be executed by a hero.

In the end he wasn't really dead.

He just let his body near not regenerating in the Sun.

zopzop
Doesn't mean much.

The same reason Dark Phoenix Jean was begging for Wolverine to kill her, she could just as easily killed herself. Or when Prof X challenged Dark Phoenix Jean to a psi dual. She helped him win and he even knew it.

Robert was fighting the Void influence, giving the AMPED heroes a chance to 'kill' him. I put 'kill' in quotes because he had already been killed twice prior to this and resurrected himself.

StiltmanFTW
Bendis interview still counts... not obscure by any means.

RealityWarper
The same reason Dark Phoenix Jean was begging for Wolverine to kill her, she could just as easily killed herself. Or when Prof X challenged Dark Phoenix Jean to a psi dual. She helped him win and he even knew it.

Robert was fighting the Void influence, giving the AMPED heroes a chance to 'kill' him. I put 'kill' in quotes because he had already been killed twice prior to this and resurrected himself.

For some reasons nobody looks at the "What if 200" which shows the alternative if Sentry wasn't willing to die...

That's pretty much self-explanatory.

carver9
This...this doesn't even seem relevant to my post. Did you mean to respond to me?

Yes, it's in response to your post because if I had complete control mentally on if I could die or not and I allowed that bullet to kill me vs me just outright tanking said bullet or healing from that damage then that change the aspect of things. Basically, Bob allowed Thor to kill him. Got a question for ya, which attack is more devastating? Thor attack or this...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3833639-sentry+20.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3833642-sentry+22.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3833646-sentry+26.jpg

Also, Morgana wiped him from existence and he still came back. What makes Thor attack better than what Sentry has dealt with? Also, remember, in the scan that I posted, it clearly tells us Sentry didn't die while he was in the sun because he didn't want it bad enough. If he wanted it bad enough like he did when he was fighting the Avengers, he would've died.

DarkSaint85

Everytime I see on the board evidence that the Void is in control, people point to his speech bubbles.

Sometimes, they also point to his eyes.

Here, the Void/Sentry/Whatever is...a giant crab, lol. It wasn't Sentry in charge there.

In any case, Flash wins here. Time travel. Rob never gets that sweet sweet serum.

RealityWarper

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26287
In this scene, Thor finally ends the threat of the Void AKA Bob Reynolds by killing him. It seems like when you consider the Void's power level, the only way this could have happened was because the Void wanted to die.
I see there is a lot of online speculation about that, and I thought it was pretty clear. I don't like to over analyze these things. I prefer the work to speak for itself, but I'll put two things out there.
I think we've all met crazy people in our lives, and I think you learn pretty quickly that when you're dealing with a crazy person, you can't trust what they're saying to be true. Just because the Sentry/The Void announced that he had the power of the Molecule Man, it doesn't mean that he actually did. He just thought that he did. He was a crazy person and maybe a drug addict, as the character's creator, Paul Jenkins, put out there. So not everything he was saying wasn't necessarily true. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. I know that's difficult for some people, because when they read a story, they don't want to feel like they're being ****ed with. That character, though, was not in control of himself. There wasn't one second throughout the run of "Dark Avengers" where he was in control of himself.
Number two, yes, Bob realized that things had gone as far as they could possibly go. There was no other end for him and without his cooperation he doesn't go away. I just didn't want to have a line in the script where someone like Spider-Woman goes, "Boy, if he didn't want us to kill him, we couldn't have killed him." I see a lot of people got it, though, or they were just so happy to see the Sentry die they didn't give a shit how it happened .

RealityWarper
Everytime I see on the board evidence that the Void is in control, people point to his speech bubbles.

Sometimes, they also point to his eyes.

Here, the Void/Sentry/Whatever is...a giant crab, lol. It wasn't Sentry in charge there.

In any case, Flash wins here. Time travel. Rob never gets that sweet sweet serum.

Morgana Le Fey made Sentry explode with a Time kill.

It didn't work because Sentry came back and... Sentry can manipulate Time...

DarkSaint85

Wondered when this would come up.

So Alan Moore, Brian Azzarello, Jamie Delano and Peter Milligan have all given interviews where they have met John Constantine thumb up

Sin I AM

Interviews do not count.. welcome to kmc

Doesn't mean much.

This

For some reasons nobody looks at the "What if 200" which shows the alternative if Sentry wasn't willing to die...

That's pretty much self-explanatory.

Because what ifs arent canon

zopzop
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26287
In this scene, Thor finally ends the threat of the Void AKA Bob Reynolds by killing him. It seems like when you consider the Void's power level, the only way this could have happened was because the Void wanted to die.
I see there is a lot of online speculation about that, and I thought it was pretty clear. I don't like to over analyze these things. I prefer the work to speak for itself, but I'll put two things out there.
I think we've all met crazy people in our lives, and I think you learn pretty quickly that when you're dealing with a crazy person, you can't trust what they're saying to be true. Just because the Sentry/The Void announced that he had the power of the Molecule Man, it doesn't mean that he actually did. He just thought that he did. He was a crazy person and maybe a drug addict, as the character's creator, Paul Jenkins, put out there. So not everything he was saying wasn't necessarily true. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. I know that's difficult for some people, because when they read a story, they don't want to feel like they're being ****ed with. That character, though, was not in control of himself. There wasn't one second throughout the run of "Dark Avengers" where he was in control of himself.
Number two, yes, Bob realized that things had gone as far as they could possibly go. There was no other end for him and without his cooperation he doesn't go away. I just didn't want to have a line in the script where someone like Spider-Woman goes, "Boy, if he didn't want us to kill him, we couldn't have killed him." I see a lot of people got it, though, or they were just so happy to see the Sentry die they didn't give a shit how it happened .
thumb up

And yes, I mentioned What If 200 in one of my other posts. I realize alternate reality showings aren't canon, I just wanted to mention it cause Stan "The Father of Marvel Comics" Lee gave the book a thumbs up.

StiltmanFTW
Interviews do not count.. welcome to kmc

They do count, we ignore only the obscure ones.

Ffs, Pr himself elaborated on the subject, many times:

Originally posted by -Pr-
Writer interviews are allowed when they add to or back up what's on panel. When they contradict it. that's the conflict.

DarkSaint85

Define obscure.

Alan Moore has given interviews to Wizard magazine on meeting Constantine.

Jamie Delano has given interviews where he talks about meeting Constantine:
http://cultofghoul.blogspot.co.uk/2009/10/jamie-delano-interview-1.html

Brian Azarello has given an interview to Vulture:
http://www.vulture.com/2014/10/secret-history-of-john-constantine.html

Wizard and Vulture are hardly obscure. Just because YOU haven't heard of it, doesn't make it obscure.

So I guess we take them as proof, right? Constantine exists, here in the real world.

RealityWarper
Define obscure.

Alan Moore has given interviews to Wizard magazine on meeting Constantine.

Jamie Delano has given interviews where he talks about meeting Constantine:
http://cultofghoul.blogspot.co.uk/2009/10/jamie-delano-interview-1.html

Brian Azarello has given an interview to Vulture:
http://www.vulture.com/2014/10/secret-history-of-john-constantine.html

Wizard and Vulture are hardly obscure. Just because YOU haven't heard of it, doesn't make it obscure.

So I guess we take them as proof, right? Constantine exists, here in the real world.

That's one of the shittiest argument that I've ever read on a battle board.

That's a pathetic attempt at deflecting the discussion on another writer / topic at best...

Sin I AM

It contradicts whats shown on panel

Ffs

StiltmanFTW
How...?

RealityWarper
It contradicts whats shown on panel

Ffs

Raaah it doesn't...

It contradicts your point of view towards the character, not what's happening on panel.

I know that for most people the pill is hard to swallow but that's how crazily powerful the Sentry is...

It's not like we are interpreting anything.

DarkSaint85
How...?

Because there hasn't been a comic where Constantine says he is a fictional character.

So my writer interviews do not contradict what's shown on panel.

Interviews don't count, otherwise, you're opening up a double standard here.

RealityWarper
Holy shit laughing

Now a writer explaining his own work doesn't count ?

Hilarious.

DarkSaint85
That's one of the shittiest argument that I've ever read on a battle board.

That's a pathetic attempt at deflecting the discussion on another writer / topic at best...

Cool thumb up

Holy shit laughing

Now a writer explaining his own work doesn't count ?

Hilarious.

Why don't MY interviews count?

Also, weren't I on ignore? And didn't you report me? How did that go?

RealityWarper
Cool thumb up

I'm not saying that to be aggressive or trigger you but you are clearly making an attempt at ignoring the topic at hand.

Because you didn't write the story we are speaking about which makes your opinion just an opinion.

You was but I think that it is more constructive to confront you to the flaws in your logic. Are we good ?

DarkSaint85
I'm not saying that to be aggressive or trigger you but you are clearly making an attempt at ignoring the topic at hand.

Topic being, do we go by what's on panel or writer interviews.

Writer interviews count? OK. Constantine is real.

I didn't write any Hellblazer comics either. Milligan, Azzarello, Moore and Delano did, though. And they all say that Con John is real.

You have yet to, but ok, whatever helps you sleep at night thumb up

You and Stilt are using writer interviews as proof. Stilt likes to quote Pr as well.

Well, if he likes it so much, then he can't be biased, right? Writer interviews, that don't contradict the comic, count.

My interviews don't contradict what's on panel. Constantine exists, both in fiction and in the writer's interviews.

So he is real.

RealityWarper
Topic being, do we go by what's on panel or writer interviews.

Both. There is no contradiction between both, so both.

Constantine is real and everything is true on the internet. thumb up

Seriously, a writer making an obvious interview with meta-fiction for the fun doesn't discount the interview of other writers about their own work.

Do you see the flaw in your logic or will you continue to talk to us like if we are stupid ?

DarkSaint85
Both. There is no contradiction between both, so both.

Constantine is real and everything is true on the internet. thumb up

Seriously, a writer making an obvious interview with meta-fiction for the fun doesn't discount the interview of other writers about their own work.

OK. So whatever we don't agree with, we discount and say they are just saying it for the lulz.

Bendis was just saying that for the lulz. This is a great way to debate!

IF?

RealityWarper
I didn't write any Hellblazer comics either. Milligan, Azzarello, Moore and Delano did, though. And they all say that Con John is real.

It's obvious that's a meta-fictive interview.

The initiative of a few writers at promoting a character in a fun way doesn't negate the content of the interviews of other writers.

That's completely flawed.

Having a person X wrong at something doesn't make a person Y wrong at something just because they have the same job.

In French I would qualify your arguments as "N'importe nawak".

RealityWarper
OK. So whatever we don't agree with, we discount and say they are just saying it for the lulz.

Bendis was just saying that for the lulz. This is a great way to debate!

IF?

I've pretty much summarized the fallacious arguments you used in that thread.

Another obvious thing is that you are intentionally trolling in that thread because of the same lack of arguments.

DarkSaint85
It's obvious that's a meta-fictive interview.

The initiative of a few writers at promoting a character in a fun way doesn't negate the content of the interviews of other writers.

That's completely flawed.

Having a person X wrong at something doesn't make a person Y wrong at something just because they have the same job.

In French I would qualify your arguments as "N'importe nawak".

A person? I had not one, not two, not even three...FOUR people all claiming the same thing.

So prove that they are wrong. Prove they never met Constantine.

I'm not trolling.

I am saying that you cannot have one set of rules one day, and another set for another character.

If writer interviews are allowed, fine. If not allowed, also fine. Just be consistent.

If one wants to argue 'obscurity' like Stilt, that's fallacious.

If you want to argue 'common sense', then that's still fallacious.

We go by what's shown in comics. If you cannot prove it with pure comics alone, then it's hardly 'fact'.

StiltmanFTW
I have an idea. Let's ignore everything.

On-panel statements are often incorrect. Even those from the impartial narrator. Let's ignore those.

Same with the art. It's not meant to be taken literally and there are so many errors within it...

In the end, there is nothing. We just found the Anti-Life Equation.

DarkSaint85
I have an idea. Let's ignore everything.

On-panel statements are often incorrect. Even those from the impartial narrator. Let's ignore those.

Same with the art. It's not meant to be taken literally and there are so many errors within it...

In the end, there is nothing. We just found the Anti-Life Equation.

thumb up

Except, we don't have forum rules about oh wait, we do, we have the PIS rule.

We DO have rules about writer interviews. Care to quote them again, Stilty?

I'll just quote Azzarello again. Or maybe Delano. Wait wait wait, you said 'obscure'.

Guess it's back to Alan Moore and Wizard again.

StiltmanFTW
You're really begging to get your anal cavity buzzsaw'd by Pr's razor-sharp, shark-like teeth...

TheHulkster
Originally posted by JBL
Sentry wins by himself.

RealityWarper
A person? I had not one, not two, not even three...FOUR people all claiming the same thing.

So prove that they are wrong. Prove they never met Constantine.

I don't have to prove that some comic book writers met a fictional character.

laughing

Noooooooooooo.

Not at all.

I apologize for my suspicious nature. Happy Dance

And ? When did I show any bias or double standards exactly ?

I use the same set of rules for every characters and a bit of critical thinking should make obvious when an Interview is an Hoax or not.

Sentry was supposedly drew by Artie Rosen and it was revealed later that it was an hoax.

There it is obvious that they didn't really met Constantine.

On the other hand, Bendis interviews are here to give serious answer on the topic. They are equals to what is happening on panel because the writer of the story is explaining what he did.

Damn, we shouldn't even have to go there in a battle forum. Discussing this is just silly.

Fine. Use real life Constantine in the battle forum if that makes you feel better. thumb up

English, please.

If the writer explain what he did and that you didn't read it this way it is obvious that you are the one having reading comics, not the writer.

What's happening on panel is clear for Stilt and me and you misinterpreting the source material doesn't make the writer wrong. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Thing is... this Sentry shit from Siege... it's been discussed in DOZENS of threads.

I can't f*cking understand why some guys are suddenly covering their eyes.

RealityWarper
Thing is... this Sentry shit from Siege... it's been discussed in DOZENS of threads.

I can't f*cking understand why some guys are suddenly covering their eyes.

BIAS is a four letter word.

DarkSaint85
You're really begging to get your anal cavity buzzsaw'd by Pr's razor-sharp, shark-like teeth...

Yeah? Based on what? Am I not using writer interviews from well-known magazines?

Fine. Use real life Constantine in the battle forum if that makes you feel better. thumb up

HAHAHAH THIS FANBOY, THINKING MADE UP COMIC CHARACTERS ARE REAL LOL.

Sin I AM
How...?

Because there is no scene during Seige that explicitly/implicity states or alludes to Bob lowering his durability to allow Thor to beat him. Especially given Thors ability to affect trans tier characters when pushed.

If there is a tie-in, cutscene, off panel convo, on panel dialogue, in story narration that says thus i will GLADLY concede.

So screw the fanfic shenanigans if a writer wanted to show something he should have shown it. Period.

DarkSaint85
Because there is no scene during Seige that explicitly/implicity states or alludes to Bob lowering his durability to allow Thor to beat him. Especially given Thors ability to affect trans tier characters when pushed.

If there is a tie-in, cutscene, off panel convo, on panel dialogue, in story narration that says thus i will GLADLY concede.

So screw the fanfic shenanigans if a writer wanted to show something he should have shown it. Period.

Sin has less fun with you guys than I do sad

RealityWarper

HAHAHAH THIS FANBOY, THINKING MADE UP COMIC CHARACTERS ARE REAL LOL.

"And I see no bravery
No bravery
In your eyes anymore only sadness
And I see no bravery
No bravery
Only sadness"

RealityWarper

Tell her about my vaginoplasty

DarkSaint85
"And I see no bravery
No bravery
And I see no bravery
No bravery
Only sadness"

I had to Google that.

Quoting James Blunt at me is the worse insult you could have done.

Reported thumb up

Damborgson
Yes, it's in response to your post because if I had complete control mentally on if I could die or not and I allowed that bullet to kill me vs me just outright tanking said bullet or healing from that damage then that change the aspect of things. Basically, Bob allowed Thor to kill him. Got a question for ya, which attack is more devastating? Thor attack or this...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3833639-sentry+20.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3833642-sentry+22.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3833646-sentry+26.jpg

Also, Morgana wiped him from existence and he still came back. What makes Thor attack better than what Sentry has dealt with? Also, remember, in the scan that I posted, it clearly tells us Sentry didn't die while he was in the sun because he didn't want it bad enough. If he wanted it bad enough like he did when he was fighting the Avengers, he would've died.

But I didnt argue that. I know Sentry stopped Void from reviving him. That doesn't mean Thor didnt just one shot disintegrate the void.

to say it again, yes, Bob stopped himself from.being revived. But Thor still got the one shot.

RealityWarper
I had to Google that.

Quoting James Blunt at me is the worse insult you could have done.

Reported thumb up

I've already reported myself for this. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
That doesn't mean Thor didnt just one shot disintegrate the void.

It was a team effort, if anything... + Bob's effort...

RealityWarper

If they used psychological warfare and diffused some James Blunt's music Bob would have get the job done himself.

Sin I AM

I just like messing with Stilt 😉

Tell her about my vaginoplasty

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7d07808c1a5c3797f04bc82a0baf3a37/tumblr_nyuipnXGY51qcaycmo1_500.gif

Damborgson

Not in that last fight, when he popped up again from the helicarrier, Thor was the only one who hit him.

RealityWarper

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7d07808c1a5c3797f04bc82a0baf3a37/tumblr_nyuipnXGY51qcaycmo1_500.gif

https://s3.postimg.org/rvwm4gcgz/south-park-s09e01c01-vagainaplasty-16x9.jpg_qual.jpg

zopzop

Thor and the rest of the Avengers were amped by the Norn Stones. Before this amp, they were doing next to nothing vs Void. Bob was suicidal and wanted to die. The writer confirmed that Bob wanted to die and they couldn't have beaten him otherwise.

None of this is fan fiction.

abhilegend
I said a true fan of Sentry. Not you.

tkitna
I said a true fan of Sentry. Not you.

You want somebody that likes the Sentry but agrees with you. Never going to happen.

Sin I AM
Thor and the rest of the Avengers were amped by the Norn Stones. Before this amp, they were doing next to nothing vs Void. Bob was suicidal and wanted to die. The writer confirmed that Bob wanted to die and they couldn't have beaten him otherwise.

He wanted to die yet killed two gods and was actively fighting. Agree to disagree.

As for the thread isnt Clark trans level now? Im woefully behind on current superman, also how powerful is Hal? Havent heard much argument for the jla

Horrificus
Thor and Surfer wait until Sentry has been softened up, then they safely shunt him into the JLA's universe and beat feet.

Drinks r on Thor for entire 616, Surfer doin belly-shots off of Hulk.

Because, well, nobody likes Sentry. EVERYBODY would like him to leave.

abhilegend
You want somebody that likes the Sentry but agrees with you. Never going to happen.
No I want an actual fan of character, not a fan of power levels. Carver is Suffice for that.

tkitna
No I want an actual fan of character, not a fan of power levels. Carver is Suffice for that.

Lol. Oh and what is an actual fan of the character supposed to do to satisfy your agenda, ignore his on panel feats? He is above the JLA, It is what it is.

tkitna

This is true. It was always a constant battle between Bob and the Void persona. As a matter of fact, even when Sentry was brought back with the death seed, he explained that he and the void battled even in death for so long that the void got bored and tired of the constant exchange and fled to the white room. If Bob would have let up for any amount of time, the Sentry would have came back.

tkitna

And this to a lesser extent.

http://www.thegreengoblinshideout.com/_/rsrc/1300583014571/dark-avengers-the-sentry/darkav_9004zz.jpg
http://www.thegreengoblinshideout.com/_/rsrc/1300583108205/dark-avengers-the-sentry/darkav_13008.jpg

Warrior Madness
JLA, easily.

Horrificus
I am trying to understand something. Or, to see if I already do.
Please stick with me while i try to put the details together.

The issue is "Thor killing Sentry". Did Sentry "help" Thor do it?
Sentry wanted to die.
He was unable to destroy himself.
He was unable to weaken himself to a point where death could easily b obtained.
At that time, Sentry CHOSE Thor, as the only individual that had the power to destroy Sentry.
This was a decision that Sentry worked out and acted upon, obviously as a "last resort". Thor, was who he counted on, in order to b killed.
If Sentry had the ability to weaken himself, anybody, potentially, could have killed him. But, he could not.
The list of characters that have been able to actually kill Sentry, is very short. But, Sentry, himself, believed that Thor was the one that could make it happen.
And, he did. Thor killed Sentry. Sentry did not "help him". He merely, did not fight against it.
So, regardless of Sentry's abilities and capabilities to inflict harm, it is canon that Thor is able to kill Sentry.
What happens AFTER Sentry dies, is a different topic.
Whether or not Sentry can kill Thor, is undecided and possibly, improbable. Unless proven otherwise on-panel.

Am I correct in these details?

zopzop
Originally posted by Horrificus
The list of characters that have been able to actually kill Sentry, is very short. But, Sentry, himself, believed that Thor was the one that could make it happen.

No, you left out a very important detail. Thor and the rest of the Avengers were AMPED by the Norn Stones. Prior to this, they were doing next to nothing against Void.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Sentry wanted to die.
At that time, Sentry CHOSE Thor, as the only individual that had the power to destroy Sentry.
This was a decision that Sentry worked out and acted upon, obviously as a "last resort". Thor, was who he counted on, in order to b killed.
If Sentry had the ability to weaken himself, anybody, potentially, could have killed him. But, he could not.
And, he did. Thor killed Sentry. Sentry did not "help him". He merely, did not fight against it.
So, regardless of Sentry's abilities and capabilities to inflict harm, it is canon that Thor is able to kill Sentry.
Whether or not Sentry can kill Thor, is undecided and possibly, improbable. Unless proven otherwise on-panel.

Yes you are.
thumb up

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Yes you are.
thumb up

No.

Sentry wanted to die.

The reason why he asked Thor to do it was because Sentry was feeling guilty of his deeds and couldn't redeem himself.

He killed Ares, he killed THOR's BROTHER LOKI and DESTROYED ASGARD.

Thor was the one whom deserved to "kill" Bob.

Bob lowered his durability and forced Thor to kill him.

DarkSaint85
Where did it say he was feeling guilty about destroying Asgard etc?

Prof. T.C McAbe

Enzeru said it. Indeed he gave us all an long and detailed interpretation of how the reader HAS TO interprete the feats of Sentry.

RealityWarper

Omg...

Robert was feeling guilty for everything BAD he DID.

Isn't Asgard part of the thing and his most recent mistake at this moment ?

Sin I AM

Nowhere. Stanboys made it up

RealityWarper

He said "DID I DO THIS ?"

They told him "YES"

And he said "Please kill me !"

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>