World War Hulk Vs The Authority

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
The Authority replaces the heroes of Marvel. Can they win?

Sin I AM
Which members...some can solo

carver9
No they can't.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
No they can't.

You must have never read authority

carver9
Yep and no, they wouldn't.

deathslash
Yep and no, they wouldn't. you did read authority or didn't?

This is definitely the usual golgo spite thread because some members would slaughter him.

carver9
It is the typical Golgo thread so I'm doing the opposite of what he is looking for. Hulk stomps. Golgo, ask me why.

Board Walker
Pretty sure majority of the Authority can effortlessly solo World Break Hulker, Scar, the Green, etc.

spetznaz
It is quite sad how often personal bias (for and against) a character results in either spite or myopia. Rather than enjoy and relish these comic characters, which are often far more than 'drawings for kids' and can be a very rich form of literature (yes, comic books can be high art in the way they mesh intriguing storyline with pictorial depiction), and having interesting debate on what would happen if say it was - to use non comic examples:
- what if it was Elijah rather than Moses who faced off against the Egyptians;
- what if the Japanese hadn't bombed Pearl Harbor;
- what if the American civil war had never happened;
- what if Al Gore had won the court case against George W Bush, etc etc etc

What we do on KMC is a 'what if' analysis, and while we argue whether the Scarlet Witch is more powerful than Zatanna (the SW at her best is more powerful), or whether Black Panther is more resourceful than The Batman (both have their respective strengths, with Bruce being better in some and T'Challa in others), the truth is that we are honing our debate abilities. Sure, they may 'just' be comic book characters, but if someone can manage to convince someone else that Quick Silver has a chance against the Flash, and to do so in a logical manner, they are developing debate ability. In my job working in private equity across many geographies I have come to be cognizant on how important driving a point home is.

Which is why it is sad when posters are openly trolling (which is okay by the way), or even worse, are so tied to a character they have absolute myopia and will always say the character either always wins or always loses.

I LOVE the Superman mythos- it is an amalgamation of everything from the Jesus complex to older mythos.

I LOVE the Hulk mythos as well - it stems from classic literature (the strange case of Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde) to ancient legend (the Jewish tales of the Golem) to philosophy (can one truly tame the inner beast, and what happens when you have absolute power). Not to mention great storylines, characterization, and yes - drawings. Conveying a story through pictures and bubbles of text is, again, high art.

Which is why I don't understand the big issue when you have character X vs Y, and people being so embroiled in always having one win/lose. There are people who, if it is Superman, will always say he wins. We know them. There are others who, if it is Superman, will always say he loses. We know them too.

The same can be said for the Hulk, another character that elicits very weird behavior.

Some years back the biggest culprit was Wolverine, and to a lesser extent Thor, though much of that seems to have dissipated.

They are characters people.

Anyway, on the thread - there are versions of Authority that the Hulk (even Savage) would absolutely devastate. Kill outrightlt.
There are also versions of the Authority that can, in a non-PIS/CIS setting, would have defeated the Hulk.
This doesn't make the Hulk 'weak.'

Digi
Yeah. Hulk doesn't have telepathy, so Jenny Quantum could solo. Or a non-baked-out-of-his-mind Doctor solos.

In fairness, the rest would be splattered on the walls. We're really only talking about those two. But their big guns are - according to some - legitimate reality warpers. And even if you don't quite believe that hype, they're effortless matter and time manipulators whose feats have them as very real threats to create or destroy planets, suns, or universes.

Carv, I believe that you've read Authority, but can you explain why you think Hulk could get through a guy that can turn Superman-level heroes into popsicles, or turn them into music, with a thought, or freeze them in place while drinking a soda? For the record 2/3 of those feats actually happened, and they're just the amusing ones I thought of off the top of my head, not the really scary stuff.

carver9
I don't think Hulk wins this. I'm messing with Golgo.

Digi
Ah Christ. I always forget to check the thread starter, and I hate stroking Zack's DC boner when he's not really trying to inspire interesting debate. Apologies.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Digi
Yeah. Hulk doesn't have telepathy, so Jenny Quantum could solo. Or a non-baked-out-of-his-mind Doctor solos.

In fairness, the rest would be splattered on the walls. We're really only talking about those two. But their big guns are - according to some - legitimate reality warpers. And even if you don't quite believe that hype, they're effortless matter and time manipulators whose feats have them as very real threats to create or destroy planets, suns, or universes.

Carv, I believe that you've read Authority, but can you explain why you think Hulk could get through a guy that can turn Superman-level heroes into popsicles, or turn them into music, with a thought, or freeze them in place while drinking a soda? For the record 2/3 of those feats actually happened, and they're just the amusing ones I thought of off the top of my head, not the really scary stuff. So Apollo doesn't stand a chance here against Hulk?

I'm positive reality wrappers are auto win in everyone minds.

Digi
Originally posted by vansonbee
So Apollo doesn't stand a chance here against Hulk?

Against WWH? No. It's not a one-shot scenario; Apollo gets a bad rap on KMC relative to other Superman-adjacent heroes. He'd put up a respectable fight. But the outcome would never be in doubt. It would be a disappointing attempt to do what Sentry did in the WWH arc, but he wouldn't be able to pull it off.

Sin I AM
If we take the 2 docs out and quantum its a good fight. People just need to think outside the box.

Mids, Jack, Engineer, Apollo, Swift etc...can give em hell. They are more ruthless than anyone Hulk faced during that arc and have no qualms about killing. Whereas Hulk pulls punches.

There is even an argument that Hulk could beat the big guns. He has feats to support it. Nobody debates here anymore..jus bashing n trolling

Insane Titan
Hulk gets raped badly

wuleecat
Originally posted by Sin I AM
If we take the 2 docs out and quantum its a good fight. People just need to think outside the box.

Mids, Jack, Engineer, Apollo, Swift etc...can give em hell. They are more ruthless than anyone Hulk faced during that arc and have no qualms about killing. Whereas Hulk pulls punches.

There is even an argument that Hulk could beat the big guns. He has feats to support it. Nobody debates here anymore..jus bashing n trolling

I agree. Particularly if you put Hawksmoor in a really juicy urban environment I think that there would be a bigger threat straight away than anything he faced from the Marvel heroes roster in the WWH arc, including Sentry. Imagine Hulk getting skewered simultaneously by girders from a hundred skyscrapers, or flattened in an eyeblink by a billion tons of concrete. Meanwhile at the same time Apollo is doing the same trick he used when he 'sterilized the moon' ie melted it.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by wuleecat
I agree. Particularly if you put Hawksmoor in a really juicy urban environment I think that there would be a bigger threat straight away than anything he faced from the Marvel heroes roster in the WWH arc, including Sentry. Imagine Hulk getting skewered simultaneously by girders from a hundred skyscrapers, or flattened in an eyeblink by a billion tons of concrete. Meanwhile at the same time Apollo is doing the same trick he used when he 'sterilized the moon' ie melted it.

Exactly. You dont "need" Jenny/Docs to fight this Hulk.

Mids with his BC mapping out scenarios, Engineer with tech, Apollo and Jack going all out. Swifts kinda meh but could provide assists when others are down.

Bentley
The Authority every time. As others said, even mids are more than enough to deal with Hulk. They use doors to bfr him.

DarkSaint85
Exactly. You dont "need" Jenny/Docs to fight this Hulk.

Mids with his BC mapping out scenarios, Engineer with tech, Apollo and Jack going all out. Swifts kinda meh but could provide assists when others are down.

Engineer could use her nanites as Swift targets his neck.

But yeah, it's a fun thread.

Facee
Hulk slaughters them one at a time. Seriously, the Authority are a gay ass team. Who would ever like them ?

carver9
Nobody debates here anymore..jus bashing n trolling

I agree with this 100%. Nothing but a lot of cocky men here who sleeps better at night bashing on a website. KMC is in need of outside posters.

RealityWarper
I agree with this 100%. Nothing but a lot of cocky men here who sleeps better at night bashing on a website. KMC is in need of outside posters.

I'm not sure that the grass is greener outside...

Every forum have their quota of bullshitters and some forums seems to be entirely dedicated to bullshitting.

Honestly KMC isn't that bad.

carver9
Originally posted by RealityWarper
I'm not sure that the grass is greener outside...

Every forum have their quota of bullshitters and some forums seems to be entirely dedicated to bullshitting.

Honestly KMC isn't that bad.

But there are people that actually put time into debating that is looking for a website like KMC. I agree, KMC isn't that bad but we only have a couple of people here that actually try to put effort in their posts. Point me to a thread that lasted 3 pages without someone getting cocky.

The Nuul
who wants to put time and effort into KMC? erm

KMC is much funner while trolling and bashing smile

meep-meep
Nobody debates here anymore..jus bashing n trolling

Originally posted by Mindset
I disagree, and here's why

meep-meep
Seriously though, Quantum should solo.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by meep-meep
Seriously though, Quantum should solo.

Op never gave a line up

meep-meep
True. It's most current by default, I guess. I honestly don't know the current one though.

wuleecat
In WWH arc, Hulk got staggered by Stark's mega armour, Hercules bashed him around a bit, so did Juggernaut, Strange had him in all sorts of trouble when he turned into that weird character that ended up with his hands crushed. The point is, WWH was demonstrably fallible and had physical limits, limits which some of the Authority lineup from the Ellis/Hitch era would definitely be well-placed to take advantage of.

carver9
Originally posted by wuleecat
In WWH arc, Hulk got staggered by Stark's mega armour, Hercules bashed him around a bit, so did Juggernaut, Strange had him in all sorts of trouble when he turned into that weird character that ended up with his hands crushed. The point is, WWH was demonstrably fallible and had physical limits, limits which some of the Authority lineup from the Ellis/Hitch era would definitely be well-placed to take advantage of.

He held back the entire time though. The Ironman fight you're talking about wasn't child's play either. They split new York in half during their fight.

Pak dwelled on Juggernaut being unstoppable and Hercules almost got killed with 3 hits. 3 holding back hits. No Herald can accomplish that. Also, Herc surprised attacked him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.