False Emperor Malgus vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slayne
Prime Dooku.

20 meter starting distance; Force, sabers, and all-out -- who wins and why?

Kurk
Dooku because Malgus is a slow tank, much like Savage, with too many openings in his technique.

Ursumeles
Dooku in all.
He is just better.
Being stated to be (bar Yoda & Mace) the most skilled dueliat in the history of the Order, beforr growing considerably, beating Obi-Wan, besting GG, trashing Asajj as well as Tholme & Bulq, and holding his own against Yoda, for sabers; and ragdolling Asajj & Obi-Wan, being > Jorus, Yaddle, Yarael even as of TPM and the cruiser showing are imo superior to Malgus.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Malgus comfortably.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Kurk
Dooku because Malgus is a slow tank, much like Savage, with too many openings in his technique.
Is that why he managed to go keep up with Aryn Leener who in turn have some of the greatest speed-related feats in the mythos?

And there are many openings in his technique based on what? His technique is noted for be flawless in the lore.

deathslash
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Is that why he managed to go keep up with Aryn Leener who in turn have some of the greatest speed-related feats in the mythos?

And there are many openings in his technique based on what? His technique is noted for be flawless in the lore. didn't malgus get downed multiple times against satele's master?

Ursumeles
That was, like, 20 years pre-prime lmfao.

thesithmaster
Dooku.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Ursumeles
That was, like, 20 years pre-prime lmfao.

Either way, good fight.

NewGuy01
Thread as old as time...

Kurk

And there are many openings in his technique based on what? His technique is noted for be flawless in the lore.
I concede

Azronger
Dooku one-shots.

NewGuy01

Yeah, not really. She is pretty fast though, quite a bit faster than Malgus himself.

"Malgus's lightsaber form was flawless, but he let his anger and desperation cloud his fighting. He faltered, and I followed through." --The Hero of Tython

He's certainly a superior martial artist, but that still honestly doesn't sound all that unlike Savage to me.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yeah, not really. She is pretty fast though, quite a bit faster than Malgus himself.

That's beg the question as of why she couldn't avoid his big boot to the face? The one that actually decided the fight - and not her glancing blows that skinned his armor?

Pretty understandable to falter when fighting against a group lead by the guy that soloed Drommund Kaas and defeated a weakened Vitiate.

YousufKhan1212
Dooku, decisively.

darthbane77
Malgus, mid diff.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Pretty understandable to falter when fighting against a group lead by the guy that soloed Drommund Kaas and defeated a weakened Vitiate.

The Knight cited his anger and desperation as the reason he faltered. Regardless of the capability of his opponent, that sounds like a fairly classical description of a berserker-type fighter whose emotions cloud their judgement in battle.

deathslash
Originally posted by Ursumeles
That was, like, 20 years pre-prime lmfao. don't be a dick. I wasn't lowballing and I was simply asking a question.

TenebrousWay
His anger and desperation was cited, not his fear.

But he didn't falter because he feared them but because he was, most likely, overwhelmed/tired with the passing time.

The dialogue is the same, regardless of the mode chosen.

UCanShootMyNova
Dooku.

MythLord
Tyranus. Malgus might be more destructive, but Dooku is more skilled, powerful, faster, has ways to combat superior strength and durability and is generally the more well-rounded combatant.

carthage
Dooku skewers

Kurk
Opinions on Jensaraai's Video on this fight? No bashing Jensaraai just his video

Geistalt
I just don't see Dooku getting the Hero of Tython, the 3rd Barsen'thor, and a couple other heroes to kneel with Force Lightning simultaneously. Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Pretty understandable to falter when fighting against a group lead by the guy that soloed Drommund Kaas and defeated a weakened Vitiate. We're on the same side here, but it's always been an asinine assumption to say that Vitiate was weakened (when Hall Hood confirmed otherwise).

NewGuy01
We know Vitiate was weakened because when he wasn't weakened he made the Hero look like a helpless child.

Also, what? So what you're saying is that if the Hero and Barsen'thor were getting blasted by Dooku's lightning, they'd just stand through it without flinching? Kekworthy.

Deronn_solo
Either way, but I lean Malgus. I'll make my case when I get off from work.

S_W_LeGenD
The Knight cited his anger and desperation as the reason he faltered. Regardless of the capability of his opponent, that sounds like a fairly classical description of a berserker-type fighter whose emotions cloud their judgement in battle.
Anger is an essential component of the psyche of a Sith - it is a source of strength for the Sith in combat situations on average. Darth Malgus was very good at utilizing his anger as a source of strength in a fight (remember the fate of Jedi Master Kao Cen Darach?).

However, Darth Malgus was up against a Strike Team of super-agents and it likely wear him down until he reached the point of desperation and lost momentum.

Also, what? So what you're saying is that if the Hero and Barsen'thor were getting blasted by Dooku's lightning, they'd just stand through it without flinching? Kekworthy.
Yes, they would.

Remember how easily Obi-Wan Kenobi countered his Force lightning? And this was much before the latter's prime.

UCanShootMyNova
He countered it with his lightsaber... Not tanking it.

NewGuy01

Remember how easily Obi-Wan Kenobi countered his Force lightning? And this was much before the latter's prime.

With a lightsaber.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
unimportant detail

Tondemonai
Malgus solidly

Geistalt
We know Vitiate was weakened because when he wasn't weakened he made the Hero look like a helpless child. You mean on Ziost?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
In Act 2 and KOTFE, tbh. To say that Vitiate wasn't significantly weakened/hindered against the Hero on Kaas is ludicrous, and leads to some absolutely ridiculous lines of scaling.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
In Act 2 and KOTFE, tbh. To say that Vitiate wasn't significantly weakened/hindered against the Hero on Kaas is ludicrous, and leads to some absolutely ridiculous lines of scaling.

It's nice to note, though, that Malgus still posed a greater challenge to the HoT than the weakened Vitiate on Drommund Kaas. smile

Geistalt
The Codex entry says he grew stronger every time.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What does that have to do with anything? It's explicitly stated like a billion times that Vitiate was weakened on Kaas, lmao.

Geistalt
He was still stronger on Ziost than in any previous incarnation.

Geistalt
And grew stronger still thereafter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.