Best Revenge movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Revenge is one of the most common motivations for getting back at someone that ****ed you over in movies. What are some of your favorite movies where the main character through planning or striking back achieves vindication? What were his motivations in striking back, and did he achieve his goals through murder (Deathwish, Blue Ruin) or through meticulous planning?

jaden101
1u7ir76S3_k

Can't recommend this movie highly enough. Phenomenal film.

Flyattractor
The Crow (the org and only good one that is...)

N5uPZ7ocsqA

Patient_Leech
John Wick

http://s1.dmcdn.net/QJERp.jpg

Flyattractor
The first one anyway.

Patient_Leech
Did I say Chapter 2?

Flyattractor
Just wanted to be sure the Proper Good Movie got the credit point. That is all. Keep your lid on there, no need to get all offencified.

Patient_Leech
Did you not like Chapter 2?

I need to watch it again for a full assessment, but my god, those visuals at the end...

Inhuman
Kill Bill

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Did you not like Chapter 2?

I need to watch it again for a full assessment, but my god, those visuals at the end...

Yes I have seen it and Yes I did Like ! BUT....(bet you didn't see that coming) I did not think it was any where near as good as the first Wick Flick. The plot got kind of redundant and silly. The Fight scenes were good but got kind of boring after a while. The whole point of the movie just seemed divided between Empire Strikes Backing John and setting up the next movie.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I tend to agree. My initial problem was that they went too far with the homeless clan and an entire city coming after him. It got a little unbelievable and I had trouble having as much fun with it at that point. But I did like it. That f#cking kaleidoscope place at the end looked amazing.

riv6672
The First Wives Club
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/95/d7/fe/95d7fefddf9c5f7dc9b3b188ace421b9--the-first-wives-club-diane-keaton.jpg

The Other Woman
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/12/df/3f/12df3f4cdd674687ae9de0f270d4197a.jpg

Khazra Reborn
Taken

-Pr-
Payback (Mel Gibson one)

TethAdamTheRock
All taken movies

Flyattractor
Yeah, I tend to agree. My initial problem was that they went too far with the homeless clan and an entire city coming after him. It got a little unbelievable and I had trouble having as much fun with it at that point. But I did like it. That f#cking kaleidoscope place at the end looked amazing.

My Biggest "*****" about the plot was how he killed the Big Bad Guy....I was like "THATS IT?"

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Taken

Good Flick but is it really a "Revenge" Movie?

Originally posted by -Pr-
Payback (Mel Gibson one)

Oh that is a good one. The Ballpeen Hammer Scene makes me twitch tho....Uhhhh TOES!@@@@

Inhuman
Friday the 13th
Rambo
Death Wish
Machete
Unforgiven
Wreck-It Ralph

John Murdoch
^Yes sir to all those, especially Unforgiven.

Gladiator

High Plains Drifter

My top 3:
1) Leon
2) Man on Fire
3) Drive

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Inhuman
Friday the 13th
Rambo
Death Wish
Machete
Unforgiven
Wreck-It Ralph

Just heard the rumor that Death Wish is in the roster to get re-made.....with BRUCE WILLIS!?

-Pr-
There's a trailer online, so it's definitely been made.

Inhuman
I like Willis when he isn't phoning it in, but you cant replace Bronson erm

Talon Fang

That is a good point. Which just makes me wonder, what was the last movie where Willis DID give a damn about his performance?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by -Pr-
Payback (Mel Gibson one)

thumb up

And there are two versions of that movie, which are very different. The Director's Cut is so much different that it has a separate IMDB page.

Surtur
The Punisher with Thomas Jane. I don't think the movie was actually that good, but I enjoyed the way he went about getting revenge. Like convincing the bad guy his wife was having an affair with his best friend so the bad guy kills his wife and close friend for no reason(turns out his friend is gay lol).

Esau Cairn
OldBoy is one hell of a revenge tale.
The extreme measures the characters go to is beyond comprehension.

-Pr-

I dislike the movie they're making. The point is that it's supposed to be an everyman, not an action hero. Now, if it was pre-Die Hard Bruce, that would be awesome.

thumb up

And there are two versions of that movie, which are very different. The Director's Cut is so much different that it has a separate IMDB page.

Yup. Craziness.

Firefly218
Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Firefly218
Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo. Count of Monte Christo.

Very good one.

cdtm
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/I_Spit_on_your_Grave.jpg

Flyattractor

Which movie is that again?

Surtur

You have something in common with V from "V for Vendetta". It better be *all* you have in common with him.

Dreampanther
Just saw this over the weekend. Flew in under the radar as I've never heard of it. Worth checking out, imo.

"Message From A King (2016) 8/10

A riveting, moody, intense movie to watch. Maybe I'm not completely impartial, because a) I'm a Chadwick Boseman fan and b) he plays a South African (named Jacob King) who goes to LA to look for his sister, but I really liked this movie. It reminded me of Drive with Ryan Gosling, as at times the movie is more of a character study than a thriller. As King finds out more about his sister and how dark her life became, however, the tension builds up and you can feel the suppressed rage in a man who grew up in and survived the notoriously violent Cape Flats..."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.