Wally West vs Sentry (Void)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Grimes
Wally West at his best vs Siege Sentry, who wins?

Steve Zodiac
Sentry I think.

h1a8
Wally easily. Either
Bfr or speed steal.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by h1a8
Wally easily. Either
Bfr or speed steal.

thumb up

Sentry was to slow for Hercules who tooled him multiple times, Flash would be just far to fast.

RealityWarper
laughing

Wally is no threat to Sentry.

Sentry one-shots him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sentry, spite. Biggest Flash fan on this board (The real Flash Wally Weat) and this isn't much of a fight.

carver9
Sentry stomps. Top tiers usually treat Flash like fodder.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by carver9

Even slow bricks have caused problems to Flash.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by RealityWarper
It's called jobbing and pis

It's would be a comic if he always goes 100% on anyone or throwing IMP on all his opponents

He has been shown to steal speed from others
He has been shown to use IMP
He has been shown to throw people into the speed force

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Wally West at his best vs Siege Sentry, who wins?

Speed force dump ftw.

If King of Tears, who shredded Spectre, can by sfd, Voidtry certainly can.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by xJLxKing

Nope.

It's called timing the attack at the right moment.

An IMP barely makes as much damage as a normal punch from Superman, probably a lot less...

With infinite speed and reality warping superior to Molecule Man too ?

Once when he was racing a Withe Martian just under the speed of light.

Superboy Prime whom was talking most of the time instead of actively countering them and he got the help for all the other Flash and they had to push him.

They will not make Sentry move, he stopped Exitar.

Originally posted by cdtm
Speed force dump ftw.

Vs Infinite Speed among other powers. I don't think so.

Based on ?

carver9

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/12780/2166603-jla_classified__51_019.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing

It's would be a comic if he always goes 100% on anyone or throwing IMP on all his opponents

He has been shown to steal speed from others
He has been shown to use IMP
He has been shown to throw people into the speed force

It's too consistent for us to be calling it PIS. If something ALWAYS happens then that's when we can't ignore it and call the majority PIS.

RealityWarper
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/12780/2166603-jla_classified__51_019.jpg

This is almost in every comics and a lot of Flash fans still believes that's for the plot. ^^

That's consistent. Flash isn't untouchable.

h1a8

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Sentry, spite. Biggest Flash fan on this board (The real Flash Wally Weat) and this isn't much of a fight.

I already gave 2 viable ways Wally can win.

1. Bfr
2. Speed steal

Here's a 3rd one.

3. Use attosecond reactions to make 1 second turn into 31 billion years. This would make him untouchable and give him the ability to destroy Sentry as many times until Wally dies of old age. Sentry cannot use molecular manipulation on Wally because Wally would not be in a fixed place. Sentry couldn't get a bead on him to control him. But it's not in character for Sentry to use molecular manipulation anyway. That's if he has that ability.

Adam Grimes
Nice post H1

Bump

DarkSaint85
Yeah Wally wins this.

Board Walker
Wally wins 10/10

Wally at his best which is one with the speed force, and the negative speed force is a megaversal abstract power.

Arabus
Never been impressed with the Sentry's speed. Most of his feats are supersonic, or travel out in space that don't amount to the kind of reaction time that matters here. Sentry states himself that his top speed is to the 'nearest millisecond.' while Wally counts attoseconds.

0.000.000.000.000.000.001 < 0.001

Surely the feat of evacuating 532,000 people 35 miles away from a North Korean nuclear explosion has been mentioned around these parts. He only did it in 0.00001 microseconds.

tkitna
Sentry destroys Wally. Steal all the speed you want. All Sentry has to be able to do is think to shut down Wallys mind or tear him apart at the molecular level.

h1a8
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry destroys Wally. Steal all the speed you want. All Sentry has to be able to do is think to shut down Wallys mind or tear him apart at the molecular level.
Speed steal stops Sentry's thinking process too.
Its not in character for void Sentry to use molecular manipulation on none MM characters.

Even if Sentry could and would then
I guess you didn't see this.

I already gave 2 viable ways Wally can win.

1. Bfr

Or

Use attosecond reactions to make 1 second turn into 31 billion years. This would make him untouchable and give him the ability to destroy Sentry as many times until Wally dies of old age. Sentry cannot use molecular manipulation on Wally because Wally would not be in a fixed place. Sentry couldn't get a bead on him to control him.

cdtm
Wally zipped in and out of COIE Anti Monitor's anti matter body, and destroyed his armor.

Armor was pretty much indestructible, even against Pre Crisis power levels..

namorsubby
Flash at his best wins. Sentry at a norm wins.

Board Walker
Flash at his best is Megaversal seeing as he is able to fatally damage other Megaversal beings (Anti Monitor).

This really is a spite match

Anadrol1
Sentry no problems

RealityWarper
Sentry should stomp Wally without problems...

Wally struggle against characters whom aren't even a threat to Sentry...

Wally has yet to prove that he can defeat a Superman-level being and Sentry is beyond the likes of Molecule Man in power...

This is a mismatch of cosmic magnitude.

Sentry crushes Wally.

Surtur
Assuming the speed steal works, what then? Sentry can survive bodily destruction and only essentially died because he wanted to die.

DarkSaint85
Then Wally has a new hat stand. Or sex doll.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Then Wally has a new hat stand. Or sex doll.

No. He dies.

Zack M
Wally.

tkitna
Originally posted by Surtur
Assuming the speed steal works, what then? Sentry can survive bodily destruction and only essentially died because he wanted to die.

I always wondered what the speed steal would gain him. I've always said that if the Sentry can think, the fights still over for Wally. Somebody said the speed steal would slow the thinking down, but is that how it really works? I thought Impulse was still able to think while his body was basically a statue. That was the whole point to the torture.

abhilegend
Wally wanted him to think. He can slow down brain impulses too.

Zack M
Yeah, kind of like a hellish prison. That was the whole point.

RealityWarper
Sentry can manipulate all matter and energy. He has infinite speed. The speed steal is pointless.

DarkSaint85
I always wondered what the speed steal would gain him. I've always said that if the Sentry can think, the fights still over for Wally. Somebody said the speed steal would slow the thinking down, but is that how it really works? I thought Impulse was still able to think while his body was basically a statue. That was the whole point to the torture.

Exactly, he deliberately wanted Impulse to be able to think.

He wouldn't give Sentry that benefit here, so he'd become trapped in an instant for eternity.

Wally stomps here, can't really see what Voidtry could do to him at his best.

RealityWarper
This thread is hilarious.

RealityWarper
Void erases Wally effortlessly with a thought.
Wally can't neutralyze or harm him.
/thread

Zack M
Sentry gets a brain freeze. Literally.

Surtur

A good point, but I was more thinking because Sentry is supposed to be "2 seconds ahead of time" or whatever that BS was. It's hard to say what a speed drain would do.

Some weird energy being who is 2 seconds ahead of time and can come back from bodily destruction. I won't say for sure it won't work, but if I were Wally I wouldn't be betting too hard on it.

RealityWarper
A good point, but I was more thinking because Sentry is supposed to be "2 seconds ahead of time" or whatever that BS was. It's hard to say what a speed drain would do.

Some weird energy being who is 2 seconds ahead of time and can come back from bodily destruction. I won't say for sure it won't work, but if I were Wally I wouldn't be betting too hard on it.

1 second ahead of time.

Sentry's powers allows him to manipulate all matter and all energy, time space, etc...

Even the speed force wouldn't be a problem.

People are making a big deal of the speed steal even it's irrelevant here.

Zack M
Sentry wouldn't even see him coming. He be like where da hell is he?!

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Zack M

Flash is perceived by his opponents like 99 % of the time...

He is an insect to the Void, he has literally nothing up his sleeve to beat him.

DarkSaint85

True, this IS after all Flash at his best,i.e. at100%.

Not average,or lowballed Flash.

Zack M
Only when he wants to. When he fought the anti-Monitor, he lent speed to Pre-Crisis Superman. Even PC Superman couldn't see him. Sentry is street level in comparison.

RealityWarper
Only when he wants to. When he fought the anti-Monitor, he lent speed to Pre-Crisis Superman. Even PC Superman couldn't see him. Sentry is street level in comparison.

Do you realize that Void can create a new House of M event on a thought, right ?

Do you realize that he beat Molecule Man ?

Wally at his best is just an insect at his best to him. That's not comparable.

All that Wally did was wrecking the armor of an already weakened AM and still AM could fight in his energy form.

Wally dies.

Zack M
Molecule Man sucks.

RealityWarper
Molecule Man sucks.

Molecule Man can put the DC Universe out of existence on a whim. smile

Zack M
Not when Superman sings him out of existence.

RealityWarper
Not when Superman sings him out of existence.

laughing

Superman cannot do that to anybody.

This was only possible against Darkseid in a specific situation, arguing otherwise is using that scene out of context.

Zack M
Superman would just give himself the power to do that. Superman FTW.

RealityWarper
Superman would just give himself the power to do that. Superman FTW.

I don't know why, suddenly I am feeling sad.

Zack M
Well, it's sad to see your favorite character losing. Life goes on.

RealityWarper
Well, it's sad to see your favorite character losing. Life goes on.

But Flash isn't my favourite character.

That's too bad, the Void will ruthlessly kill him. laughing

Zack M
Shhhh, it's going to be OK. Shhhh!

RealityWarper
Shhhh, it's going to be OK. Shhhh!

Do you want a tea or something ?

Zack M
No more crying. Everything is going to be OK!

RealityWarper
No more crying. Everything is going to be OK!

Is that a new habit to be talking to yourself ?

Zack M
Now, now, lay your head on my shoulder. Everything is gonna be OK!

RealityWarper
Now, now, lay your head on my shoulder. Everything is gonna be OK!

Your crisis worries me my friend. Are you ok ?

Zack M
I told you, everything is gonna be OK. Eventually time heals all pain.

DarkSaint85
Flash still wins

RealityWarper
laughing

The Flashwank is unreal

Zack M
Flash still wins

In a flash!!!

DarkSaint85
Well he's at his peak, his best.

If people can show him at his best still struggling with Captain Cold et Al, then....it's not really his best lol.

RealityWarper

If people can show him at his best still struggling with Captain Cold et Al, then....it's not really his best lol.

Sentry is at his best too which means no mental issues weakening him.

He can destroy Molecule Man on a whim.

Flash can't do anything to him.

Zack M

I don't think you need Flash at his best.

DarkSaint85
Sentry isn't at his best either.

Adam Grimes
I don't believe in one time showings.

RealityWarper
4 pages and still nothing that proves that Wally is a threat to Void.

Void stomps effortlessly.

Adam Grimes
Should have made it a poll.

RealityWarper
Should have made it a poll.

A popularity vote will not change the outcome, it will just show how much people are statistically right or wrong about the outcome.

Zack M
I don't believe in one time showings.

I agree.

Adam Grimes
A popularity vote will not change the outcome, it will just show how much people are statistically right or wrong about the outcome. Duh

Prof. T.C McAbe
A popularity vote will not change the outcome, it will just show how much people are statistically right or wrong about the outcome.

That would only apply to facts and as we talk about comics, opinions and interpretations a poll is still an good means to see how the people see it. Except of course if you are one of those people who really believe that they are right and anyone else wrong... there is a name for such people.

Surtur
Flash is perceived by his opponents like 99 % of the time...

He is an insect to the Void, he has literally nothing up his sleeve to beat him.

I think in overall power Sentry is indeed superior to Wally. But when it comes to speed, if we're going to let him cut loose, Sentry will be a statue to Wally. Even without the speed steal, Wally would have an eternity to act from his point of view.

I just don't see what he can do to permanently keep Sentry down. Eventually the guy is gonna throw off a massive AoE blast and Wally is vaporized.

DarkSaint85
Wally can vibrate through energy though.

Surtur
Wally can vibrate through energy though.

A good point, but to what end? Sentry is immortal and Wally is not. Unless he has a way to put Sentry down sooner or later Wally should be defeated.

DarkSaint85
Wally technically is immortal... outrunning his own death and all that.

Not to mention, if you think about it,he lives- from his perspective - for thousands of years in the blink of an eye.

So every second that passes,he's actually living thousands of years. SF is making him immortal.

He can still BFR him or speed steal etc.

Surtur
Well if merely immobilizing the person counts as a win yes Wally wins even in the blink of an eye. But Sentry can't come back from a dimension dump?

If the goal is to kill Sentry, it could be an eternal stalemate.

DarkSaint85
Nah it's not to kill. Just has to win in a forum, with Flash at his highest levels and Sentry at the levels seen in Siege, with the Void in play.

Surtur
Nah it's not to kill. Just has to win in a forum, with Flash at his highest levels and Sentry at the levels seen in Siege, with the Void in play.

I see, yeah, Wally wins with ease then.

RealityWarper
Duh

D'oh !

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
That would only apply to facts and as we talk about comics, opinions and interpretations a poll is still an good means to see how the people see it. Except of course if you are one of those people who really believe that they are right and anyone else wrong... there is a name for such people.

I only use facts and they don't matter about opinions.

The point isn't about beliefs.

Your paragraph is basically an appeal to use Argumentum Ad Populum.

I think in overall power Sentry is indeed superior to Wally. But when it comes to speed, if we're going to let him cut loose, Sentry will be a statue to Wally.

1) A statue capable to act..

2) You know that you can destroy a plane via the use of an appropriate weapon despite being a statue compared to the plane. Same logic here, Flash being fast doesn't make him impossible to target or beat down.

3) If Sentry doesn't move he will be a statue, if he moves he can track Flash but that's not necessary.

4) Flash can't go beyond light-speed without being absorbed into the Speed Force, that's canon.

He is still limited to as much actions as Sentry does in the same time-frame.

Same, especially considering how little feats Wally has against Superman-level characters...

Did he even beat one ?

That or other things...

He can wish Wally out of existence, use his telepathy to control him, use his telekinesis on him, manipulate the speed force, depower wally...

Whatever... Sentry manipulate the reality on a molecular level, he can do everything.

Wally technically is immortal... outrunning his own death and all that.

Not to mention, if you think about it,he lives- from his perspective - for thousands of years in the blink of an eye.

So every second that passes,he's actually living thousands of years. SF is making him immortal.

You are stretching a bit...

Remember us how he was incapable to BFR Superboy Prime on his own please...

And SBP isn't even half as powerful as Sentry is...

Sentry is stated to have infinite Speed, to be one second ahead of time and to manipulate Space and Time.

The Flash can't speed steal Zoom because his speed comes from his Time powers.

There is 0 chances for Wally to speed steal Sentry.

h1a8
Wally can steal Sentry's speed (he doesn't need to though as one moment in Sentry's mind is billions of years in Wally's mind). You haven't given an argument to why he can't. You're just saying he can't. Wally not speed stealing from character X in a comic doesn't mean that he can't in a forum. Zoom controls time of his body, Sentry doesn't.

There are other ways Wally can win.

Wally can bfr Sentry.

Wally can keep Sentry from reforming long enough to constitute as a forum win.

Adam Grimes
D'oh !

1) A statue capable to act..

2) You know that you can destroy a plane via the use of an appropriate weapon despite being a statue compared to the plane. Same logic here, Flash being fast doesn't make him impossible to target or beat down.

3) If Sentry doesn't move he will be a statue, if he moves he can track Flash but that's not necessary.

4) Flash can't go beyond light-speed without being absorbed into the Speed Force, that's canon.

He is still limited to as much actions as Sentry does in the same time-frame.

Same, especially considering how little feats Wally has against Superman-level characters...

Did he even beat one ?

That or other things...

He can wish Wally out of existence, use his telepathy to control him, use his telekinesis on him, manipulate the speed force, depower wally...

Whatever... Sentry manipulate the reality on a molecular level, he can do everything.

You are stretching a bit...

Remember us how he was incapable to BFR Superboy Prime on his own please...

And SBP isn't even half as powerful as Sentry is...

Sentry is stated to have infinite Speed, to be one second ahead of time and to manipulate Space and Time.

The Flash can't speed steal Zoom because his speed comes from his Time powers.

There is 0 chances for Wally to speed steal Sentry. This post is phucking stupid.

RealityWarper
Wally can steal Sentry's speed (he doesn't need to though as one moment in Sentry's mind is billions of years in Wally's mind).

He cannot.

1) Sentry is a reality warper / molecule manipulator superior to Molecule Man in raw power meaning that he can manipulate all Energy, all Matter, Space, Time, whatever he wants.

2) Sentry is stated to have Infinite Speed in Storming Asgard.

3) Sentry manipulates Time from Day one, he was able to pass through Reed Richard's stasis Field without being affected.

I've just did it again.

Hand-waving evidence will not make it disappear.

Sentry control more than Time of his body.

Reality Warping / Molecule Manipulation

He has yet to prove that he can do anything to anyone at Molecule Man-level and above.

I'm not just talking about fis Infinite Power-level but his versatility too.

He couldn't BFR Superemoboy Prime on his own, he will not BFR Sentry whom can disintegrate him on a whim or kill him by accident...

Wally has yet to prove that he can even hurt Sentry and stop him from using his powers which he cannot.

This post is phucking stupid.

I don't even know why I bother reading your answer to it.

Boredom I guess.

Adam Grimes
k

tkitna
What we have are two characters that verge on the 'No Limits Fallacy'. Its no use in trying to debate this because you'll never get anywhere. People are saying the Flash can supposedly steal speed from anybody even down to mental thought, so how can he lose? On the other hand you have the Sentry that cant be put down and has a vast array of powers, so how can he lose?

Its just tireless and useless to debate this.

StiltmanFTW
What we have are two characters that verge on the 'No Limits Fallacy'. Its no use in trying to debate this because you'll never get anywhere. People are saying the Flash can supposedly steal speed from anybody even down to mental thought, so how can he lose? On the other hand you have the Sentry that cant be put down and has a vast array of powers, so how can he lose?

thumb up

Couldn't agree more.

h1a8

Flash has 2 other ways to win

1.bfr
2. Keep Sentry from reforming long enough to constitute as a forum win.

abhilegend

One is a real no limit fallacy though. Sentry can be put down. His fans need to accept that and move on.

RealityWarper

Originally posted by abhilegend
One is a real no limit fallacy though. Sentry can be put down. His fans need to accept that and move on.

"No limit fallacy" doesn't exist in the list of logical fallacies.

It's a term made-up by fanboys to avoid giving arguments for the character they are defending or because of the lack of said arguments.

On topic:

Molecule Man was incapable to put Sentry down, Wally will not put Sentry down neither.

The most probable scenario considering the forum setting is that Void will wish Wally out of existence making this a spite thread of cosmic proportions.

celeyhyga17
Things like CIP, CIS, PIS, feat sharing, etc are also made up by fanboys no? Weren't they created to help govern a very dynamic setting for debate such as comic book parley?

RealityWarper
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Things like CIP, CIS, PIS,

I never use any of those, they are completely subjective and ruin the debate.

All that I use is the context of the feats.

This one is normal when in context.

Feats aren't made-up.

Prof. T.C McAbe

facepalm
You should stop using phrases you don't understand.

Interesting is different from right or wrong.

I was rather explaining that people who believe in facts, when it comes to comics that are interpreted differently by other people and who above that believe to be the selected few who know the "truth" when there are enough people who disagree are megalomaniac morons. Nothing more, nothing less.

RealityWarper
facepalm
You should stop using phrases you don't understand.

Interesting is different from right or wrong.

I was rather explaining that people who believe in facts, when it comes to comics that are interpreted differently by other people and who above that believe to be the selected few who know the "truth" when there are enough people who disagree are megalomaniac morons. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh because you think that you aren't making-up your own context to fit your beliefs instead of using facts and proof when it comes to the Sentry ?

That's a rhetorical question.

Adam Grimes
I never use any of those, they are completely subjective and ruin the debate.

All that I use is the context of the feats.

This one is normal when in context.

Feats aren't made-up. Iow you need to simplify debates becase you can't handle so many terms?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Oh because you think that you aren't making-up your own context to fit your beliefs instead of using facts and proof when it comes to the Sentry ?

That's a rhetorical question.

Jesus. I will answer it anyway because you got it wrong as always.

Do I think that I am right when offering my opinion? Yes. Do I think/believe that my opinion is the ultimate truth and all other are wrong? No. Do I consider the opinions of others and their interpretation of the context and compare it to my own? Yes. Do I disregard them anyway like an arse? Yes. At least if they are not better than mine, in my opinion. Does that mean it makes it near impossible to change my stance, like it#s almost impossible to change the stance of anyone in here? Yes.

This is not an contradiction btw, to think that ones interpretation is better than the others but still being aware that it's just an phucking opinion/interpretation and not a fact. I use the word fact only to piss people off, at least the people I consider to be dense. I hope that helps you in the future.

tkitna

Only if he so chooses.

abhilegend
Only if he so chooses.
That's what I'm talking about. It's never shown in comics but sentry fanboys like you think that nobody can beat Sentry unless he wants to.

No wonder he is in limbo.

RealityWarper
Iow you need to simplify debates becase you can't handle so many terms?

I don't simplify the debate.

I don't hide behind made-up terms unacceptable in a debate.

Prof. T.C McAbe
That's what I'm talking about. It's never shown in comics but sentry fanboys like you think that nobody can beat Sentry unless he wants to.

thumb up

And they think Superman fans are unreasonable.

DarkSaint85
Only if he so chooses.

Which he does in Siege.

RealityWarper
Which he does in Siege.

Which he has no reasons to here.

tkitna

Its never shown in comics? That just proves that you don't read them. How many times does it need to be explained on panel for you to understand? Hell, Bob is so hard to kill that he couldnt even kill himself when he tried. He wouldn't have been dead at all if the Void hadent gotten bored and took a knee in the White room. I know you hate the character because he's more powerful than your blue and red DC boyscout, but sheesh. Get over it already.

He's in limbo because he's to powerful to write in normal cannon books. There's been numerous times when writers had no clue what to do with him and had him just fly off or something so that the story could progress otherwise he would have ended it within a few panels.

tkitna
Which he does in Siege.

That is correct, and explained on panel that Abhi apparently missed.

abhilegend
Its never shown in comics? That just proves that you don't read them. How many times does it need to be explained on panel for you to understand? Hell, Bob is so hard to kill that he couldnt even kill himself when he tried. He wouldn't have been dead at all if the Void hadent gotten bored and took a knee in the White room. I know you hate the character because he's more powerful than your blue and red DC boyscout, but sheesh. Get over it already.

He's in limbo because he's to powerful to write in normal cannon books. There's been numerous times when writers had no clue what to do with him and had him just fly off or something so that the story could progress otherwise he would have ended it within a few panels.
Just one would be sufficient. Just one scan stating that if he doesn't wants to be koed, he can't be koed. Or killed.

I don't hate characters based on their power levels. That's just shallow fanboy mentality. Which is all you have.

No character is too powerful for a comic. We had Sandman and Lucifer comics for years. It's just the fanboys who made the character so toxic nobody wants to write him.

Congratulations.

abhilegend
That is correct, and explained on panel that Abhi apparently missed.
Where was it said that if he doesn't wants to die nobody can kill him?

Damborgson
I know you hate the character because he's more powerful than your blue and red DC boyscout, but sheesh. Get over it already.

Well you're not wrong on the hate part at least.

tkitna
Where was it said that if he doesn't wants to die nobody can kill him?

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/109250/2206276-2199568-darkavengers1201819.jpg

tkitna
The 3rd panel up there where he says "I cannot die".

Here's DSentry explaining how he fought against returning from the dead with the Void for so long that the Void finally left.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124216/3427689-sentry.png

Anyways, hope that clears it up for you.

tkitna
Of course there was this one where he tried to kill himself and couldn't. I like how its said "You are God". Lol

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111115588/3325046-s+13.jpg

I think there's a scan where he tells Lindy that he doesn't think he can die, but I would have to look that up.

Naturally there's the many on panel scans of him reappearing from what seems to be certain death against Owen and Morgan Le Fey. Also the one where Lindy shot him in the face with Noh-Vars gun. Oh well, you get the picture,,,,hopefully.

Prof. T.C McAbe
laughing out loud

So if Lady Death decides to kill Sentry she can't? Or the living Tribunal? Where is the limit in this no limits fallacy?

krisblaze
laughing out loud

So if Lady Death decides to kill Sentry she can't? Or the living Tribunal? Where is the limit in this no limits fallacy?

Pretty much what it comes down to with a lot of characters.

The Sentry will supposedly regenerate endlessly.

Hulk is infinitely angry.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by krisblaze

Yes, that's why some people prefer to put them in tiers.

abhilegend
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/109250/2206276-2199568-darkavengers1201819.jpg Originally posted by tkitna
The 3rd panel up there where he says "I cannot die".

Here's DSentry explaining how he fought against returning from the dead with the Void for so long that the Void finally left.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111124216/3427689-sentry.png

Anyways, hope that clears it up for you.
Sentry is a schizophrenic idiot and nothing he says can be taken on face value. He was dead, Apocalypse Twins brought him back to life as shown on panel.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4ADu4aHGSMY/VePMxVYmxZI/AAAAAAAPUmc/gcEVG4yyUPc/s1600/3_08.jpg

I'm not surprised you take his words as gospel though. Originally posted by tkitna
Of course there was this one where he tried to kill himself and couldn't. I like how its said "You are God". Lol

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111115588/3325046-s+13.jpg

I think there's a scan where he tells Lindy that he doesn't think he can die, but I would have to look that up.

Naturally there's the many on panel scans of him reappearing from what seems to be certain death against Owen and Morgan Le Fey. Also the one where Lindy shot him in the face with Noh-Vars gun. Oh well, you get the picture,,,,hopefully.
So if doesn't wants to die he can't die but he can't die even IF he wants to die? What is it?

And even if him wishing to die couldn't kill him, there is no meaning if he wants or doesn't wants to die. It's out of his power then.

And more hilarious seeing Thor killed him just fine.

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze

Majority of Sentry fans live in delusion that somehow everyone hates their idol and fear of his POWAH.

I really pity them.

tkitna
Sentry is a schizophrenic idiot and nothing he says can be taken on face value.

You ask me to provide on panel proof and even that's not good enough for you. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yes, because that's what he wanted and he fought to stay dead.

Again, you asked for on panel proof and I provided it. There's plenty of it.

He fought himself to stay dead or else he would have came back like he did many, many times before.

It pretty much is out of his power. He stated on panel that the regeneration process was continuous and he had to battle his Void persona in order to stay dead. Once the Void personality was gone, he was able to stay deceased.

Again, context. He wanted to die. You know that though Abhi, but it defeats your argument so you refuse to admit it. Nobody else has any trouble understanding it.

tkitna
laughing out loud

I really don't know. He appeared to be dead before on many occasions and came back. I'm not sure Death has any power over him. Sentry aint your normal Joe.

Zack M
Doesn't mean he can't be knocked out.

Prof. T.C McAbe
He can be killed and he has been killed by beings like Thor. He wanted to die but the Void wanted to live and took control, Thor still killed it. We know that he can be koed by far far less, so it makes sense that Thor was able to kill him. His words are hyperbole, as seen on panel. Someone from the Skyfather tier would utterly stomp him.

RealityWarper
Sentry's body is just a shell.

He can't be koed.

He can't be killed.

FYI :

Sentry > Molecule Man > Lifegiver Galactus > Lord Chaos & Master Order

There is an obvious attempt at ignoring Sentry's abilities. It doesn't matter.

Zack M
He's been beaten before.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Sentry's body is just a shell.

He can't be koed.

He can't be killed.

FYI :

Sentry > Molecule Man > Lifegiver Galactus > Lord Chaos & Master Order

There is an obvious attempt at ignoring Sentry's abilities. It doesn't matter.

If it makes you sleep better at night you can believe this ABC logic of yours and the no limits fallacy. I understand your motives though. Quans Thanos or RealityWarpers Sentry, maybe the forum needs things like this.

abhilegend

abhilegend
I really don't know. He appeared to be dead before on many occasions and came back. I'm not sure Death has any power over him. Sentry aint your normal Joe.
So Living Tribunal can't beat Sentry then?

tkitna
He can be killed and he has been killed by beings like Thor. He wanted to die but the Void wanted to live and took control, Thor still killed it. We know that he can be koed by far far less, so it makes sense that Thor was able to kill him. His words are hyperbole, as seen on panel. Someone from the Skyfather tier would utterly stomp him.

And Bob regained enough control to allow it to happen. Even after it happened, it was stated that a long term battle commenced between Bob and the Void regarding regeneration from death and it went on so long that the Void got bored of it and allowed Bob to have his way. Hence the Apocalypse twins were able to retrieve him.

I cant argue about being KO'd or so forth. In a forum match, one could say that Thor could beat Dsentry because he bashed his head in and it took Sentry a few moments to come back from that, although Thor got the living hell beat out of him twice. I realize how it works. Sure some characters can take a forum win although they would lose in the end.

Why are his words hyperbole when it was shown and proven many times that death cant hold him? I'll never understand that argument when he was just stating the truth.

Skyfather tier? Probably so, but thats not given either He already punked Owen and its been mentioned more than once that he went up against Galactus. We dont know the context from that because we never saw the fight, but the Sentry was still around when it was being talked about.

tkitna
Sentry is literally insane. His word isn't proof until it's backed by on panel showings.

Good lord Abhi. How many scans and examples that back up his claim do you need?

Yeah, I dont understand why you continue to ask for proof even after its provided. Its like you only pay attention to what you want and ignore what you asked for.

Except for the commentary from the Sentry himself explaining the battle he had with the Void in order to stay dead and the numerous other times he reappeared after apparently dying before. What do you think makes this instance different from all the others?

Who said otherwise? The Void left and Bob got his way and was officially dead, so yeah i'm on board with that. What i'm not on board with is that the Sentry or Void could be killed if they both wanted to live.

With several on panel examples to back it up.

Cripes Abhi. Lol. He wasnt dead when Owen tore him apart and took him down to the molecular level,,,,three different times? He wasnt dead when Lindy shot his face off? He wasnt dead when Morgan Le Fey blew him up? He wasnt dead when he flew to the sun and the only remains of his body was a bare skeleton? Damn. What was he then?

Ok so we are ignoring what the actual character and writer tells us. Where do we go from here then?

Not arguing that

They are one and the same, just different personalities pulling the vessel around. You didnt see the Void popping up when Bob won out and chose death did you?

Bob's conscious won out in the end as it always does.

I said if Bob and the Void were to agree and ride the same side and chose life, they would not have died.

tkitna
So Living Tribunal can't beat Sentry then?

I'm pretty sure LT would win Abhi, but we both know he plays on a different level. Who knows though. Nobody knows what the Sentry really is. Morgan erased him from existence and he popped right back. Again, its not a certainty.

abhilegend
Good lord Abhi. How many scans and examples that back up his claim do you need?

A single scan which isn't gibberish from Sentry.

Because it's not proof. Sentry's words are not proof until they are backed by on panel proof.

So you think the character knew better than the writer who wrote the story and showed it on panel that Sentry was resurrected and not alive?

Did it occur to you that Sentry is insane and not everything he says is true?

Do you even know the character or just read his respect threads?

But Bob said he felt the Apocalypse twins reach out to him which means by his account he wasn't dead. He didn't say that after Void left he was dead.

You still have to show a single scan which states this.

He was blasted apart but that doesn't means he was killed. Several characters can resemble themselves after getting blasted apart.

Doesn't means he can't be killed. That just means he has a good healing factor.

Could you show us where he was stated to be dead and then resurrected himself?

Even Eternals have reconstituted from getting blasted to atoms.

No, just Sentry's words which are not backed by on panel sources.

He is an unreliable narrator.

Yes you are. Until I showed you that Remender interview you said Sentry didn't die in the sun and was constantly regenerating.

Void was in charge when Thor killed him and as you said that is not possible, right?

Void didn't want to die, how did Thor kill him then?

Except no? He was always the coward and surrendered to Void.

It's meant to be a tragic story of a mentally ill Superman who succumbed to his dark side. Not win in the end.

But you said if only they both want to die Sentry could die. You're just a hodgepodge of arguments which you can't understand.

abhilegend
I'm pretty sure LT would win Abhi, but we both know he plays on a different level. Who knows though. Nobody knows what the Sentry really is. Morgan erased him from existence and he popped right back. Again, its not a certainty.
See this is how I know you are just a fanboy. You just can't admit Sentry loses to anyone. You're no better than realitywarper.

How about TOAA? Or real life writers? Can they beat Sentry?

playa1258
RW Sentry v Comicvine Martian Manhunter

Who wins?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by playa1258

Who wins?

RWs Sentry vs Quanchis Thanos, mirror match. It would become an endless thread of faulty logic.

RealityWarper
See this is how I know you are just a fanboy. You just can't admit Sentry loses to anyone. You're no better than realitywarper.

Who wins?
RWs Sentry vs Quanchis Thanos, mirror match. It would become an endless thread of faulty logic.

My opinion isn't mine.

I stick with what the writers and authors shows on panel and confirm.

You can continue your petty trolling. That's laughable at best laughing

Prof. T.C McAbe
My opinion isn't mine.

I stick with what the writers and authors shows on panel and confirm.

You can continue your petty trolling. That's laughable at best laughing
You didn't notice yet? The joke is on you... wink

RealityWarper
You didn't notice yet? The joke is on you... wink

I don't care.

There is too much salt in that thread to the point that you guys are close to have an heart attack.

Sentry is on a complete different level than your favourite boy scout.

Get over it. laughing

playa1258
CBR Surfer
Quanchi Khan
Quanchi Thanos
RW Sentry
Comicvine MM

I think I get it now.

Prof. T.C McAbe
CBR Surfer
Quanchi Khan
Quanchi Thanos
RW Sentry
Comicvine MM

I think I get it now.

laughing thumb up

Adam Grimes
CBR Surfer
Quanchi Khan
Quanchi Thanos
RW Sentry
Comicvine MM

I think I get it now. Adam Grimes' Prime

tkitna
A single scan which isn't gibberish from Sentry.

Because it's not proof. Sentry's words are not proof until they are backed by on panel proof.

The character has a history of reappearing or regenerating from certain death and he also stated he cannot die but you continue to ignore the on panel evidence and facts, Its like trying to reason with a 2 year old.

Again, your ignoring the context. Nobody is arguing that the twins brought the Sentry back (not sure why you continue to bring that up) or that he was dead. The fact that the Sentry explained what happened and you dont want to hear or believe it is on you.

Lol, again, your believing what you want to believe and ignoring the characters history. What makes the siege storyline any different from all the other times the Sentry came back from certain death? I'll wait for your explanation because it should be entertaining.

But your saying Thor killed him so he must be dead. Which is it? Was he dead or not? Was he dead all the other times he came back?

I showed you the scan of Sentry explaining his long battle with the Void who was trying to resurrect him from the atomic level but you dont believe anything the character says so whats the use anymore?

OMG. This is so over the top that I dont know how to respond. So now only certain ways of dying count? Lol. Does having your entire body burnt off your skeleton count? Does having your face blown off count? Does being erased from existence count? Your to much Abhi.

Lol. Show me once in the entire history of the character that states he has a healing factor. Your making things up to fit your narrative,,,,,,again.

Was it to hard for you to look at the on panel scans yourself? Oh I forgot, Siege was the only time Sentry was dead enough. Thor must have killed him deader than the other times. (oh my)

Were the Eternals considered dead when they were blasted down to atoms only succumbing to some automatic process that brought them back or were they still alive at the atomic level? Whats your take on that?

Again with this. Sentry explains what we see on panel but its not good enough for Abhi.

Now your trying to tell me what i'm arguing about and what i'm not. You brought the twins resurrecting Sentry up out of thin air. I think you want me to say that Bob resurrected himself in that instance or something, but i'm not. I never questioned that. I only explained why Bob was dead in the first place.

I shouldnt have to keep repeating this but it obviously falls on deaf ears. The Void and Bob have a constant internal struggle. Its the bad versus the good. Although the Void was at the helm during Siege, Bob was fighting him along with everybody else. Bob gained enough control to allow his own death. What other explanation can there be? Why would this one time be any other different than all the other times the Sentry died? Why did this one time stick and the others didnt? Oh, the Sentry explained all this, but I forgot you dismiss everything he says.

He was heroic and did what needed to be done, be it causing the world to forget about him so he could hide himself away in a prison, fleeing from conflicts when he endangered people, and yes, even committing apparent suicide to rid the world of the Void. Its no wonder the hero community viewed him as the greatest.

If thats what you believe.

Remember the on panel evidence of Sentry explaining the constant battle he had with Void even in death of how Void constantly wanted to reform them? All I said was that if Bob wouldnt have fought the Void,,,,poof,,,,he would be alive again.
Oh I once again forgot that you dismiss everything the character says and on panel proof. Thats your weak defense to your argument.

tkitna

laughing Being called a fanboy by Abhi. Thats rich.

When did I say the Sentry couldnt lose to anybody? I readily admitted that the Sentry can lose forum type battles. My only argument is whether anybody can put him down for good.

RealityWarper
So, will Abhi Battlezone me or what ?

He is fearing me XD

abhilegend
The character has a history of reappearing or regenerating from certain death and he also stated he cannot die but you continue to ignore the on panel evidence and facts, Its like trying to reason with a 2 year old.

Except he has never been shown to actually die. Deadpool and Lobo don't die everytime they turn to goop and heal.

Sentry has a very high HF and that's it. I will take your concession as you still have to show Sentry actually resurrecting himself after death. It took a life seed to do so.

Because what Sentry says flies in the face of what was actually shown. He says he watched as the twins brought him back to life.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BYM4gqmYqcE/WZEXB3nIwkI/AAAAAAAAijE/l8jGIy5kvSAdrHPDWpHzQ-MTjslGABEKACLcBGAs/s1600/201_0018.jpg

But that's not what happened.

Could you please let us know where Sentry was dead?

How is it any different than this?

https://s6.postimg.org/xifu8tfg1/avengers_v1_310_04_rougher.jpg

https://s6.postimg.org/yuxjapcvl/avengers_v1_310_13_rougher.jpg

https://s6.postimg.org/tv032r78x/avengers_v1_310_19_rougher.jpg

https://s6.postimg.org/yjg2xxwfl/avengers_v1_310_20_rougher.jpg

Eternals were actually atomized and reassembled back.

He was dead when Thor killed him. Other times he was not.

Except there was no fight. He was dead the entire time. He just thought he fought with Void.

Characters have returned from far worse without dying.

Morgana didn't erase him from existence. Don' be absurd.

So he doesn't heals and remains in his skeletal state? Are you blind or something?

Apparently yes. Otherwise you could always show us where he was stated to be dead?

Was Sentry stated to be dead? Thor certainly said the Eternals were dead.

Where is it shown on panel?

No, you didn't. You said Sentry was alive in the sun all the time and only backtracked after I showed he wasn't.

Bob wasn't in control, he lost it to Void who took over him when Thor killed him.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111143187/4092844-2787228-1351071_thor_vs_sentry_08_super.jpg

If you have eyes, you can see that too. Unlike sentry fanboys.

He was a coward who did not have the strength of character to overcome his failings.

He was considered greatest only under Jenkins. Under other writers everyone pitied him.

That's what the comics show.

Never shown. Sentry was insane, he was just rambling.

No, that's understanding the character. Which you don't and are pretending to be a fan because he is so POWAHFUL.

Like I said I pity Sentry fanboys.

abhilegend
laughing Being called a fanboy by Abhi. Thats rich.

When did I say the Sentry couldnt lose to anybody? I readily admitted that the Sentry can lose forum type battles. My only argument is whether anybody can put him down for good.
Yes, a fanboy. You wouldn't find me saying half the shit you regurgitate on daily basis.

So who can kill Sentry against his wishes? TOAA? Give a definite answer for once fanboy.

Prof. T.C McAbe
RWs or tkitnas Sentry are just lulzworthy. I prefer the real deal, OAS Sentry.

RealityWarper
The only lulzworthy things here are abhi's rant against a fictional character, the cherry picking of writer's words taken completely out of context and the denial of Molecule Man being beaten at full power by Sentry.

: laugh :

tkitna
I give up. You cant debate against somebody that totally ignores on panel evidence and makes things up along the way to fit their own agenda. Nowhere in the continuity of the character has it ever been said that he has a healing factor, but Abhi says he does like its a fact. The best part is how Abhi says that the Siege storyline is the only one that counts and all other appearances can be ignored. Sentry explained what happened and to why he stayed dead, but once again Abhi ignores that because he doesnt believe anything the character himself says. Lol. Its futile.

I forgot how bad Abhi was at this, but I guess we all need that reminder once in awhile. Sheesh

abhilegend
I give up. You cant debate against somebody that totally ignores on panel evidence and makes things up along the way to fit their own agenda. Nowhere in the continuity of the character has it ever been said that he has a healing factor, but Abhi says he does like its a fact. The best part is how Abhi says that the Siege storyline is the only one that counts and all other appearances can be ignored. Sentry explained what happened and to why he stayed dead, but once again Abhi ignores that because he doesnt believe anything the character himself says. Lol. Its futile.

I forgot how bad Abhi was at this, but I guess we all need that reminder once in awhile. Sheesh
Concession accepted fanboy.

tkitna
My only concession is that your an idiot.

abhilegend
Don't throw a tantrum if you can't prove anything you said.

It's the first sign of a sore loser.

tkitna
No tantrum at all, I just dont know how somebody can ignore all on panel evidence, make assumptions and claim them to be facts, and then raise their hand like they won some type of victory.

You dont win debates Abhi, you wear people down with your stupidity. Congrats.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>