Nick Gillard's Tiers - Visual Representation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://i.imgur.com/sY9C7wo.png

UCanShootMyNova
http://i.imgur.com/ml8Z4M1.png?1

DMB's a cheater.

Zenwolf
Where's this from? Or is this just something made up?

Rockydonovang
when was this published?

It seems at least in the movie verse

Kenobi=Maul
Dooku>Kenobi and Dooku>Maul
Mace>Dooku
Yoda=Sidious

UCanShootMyNova
Mace might only have that placement due to Vaapad.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Where's this from? Or is this just something made up?
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
when was this published?

It seems at least in the movie verse

Kenobi=Maul
Dooku>Kenobi and Dooku>Maul
Mace>Dooku
Yoda=Sidious
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg

Rockydonovang
mace is also stated to be a 9 which relies on understanding the darkside in some way(vapaad)

Zenwolf
That image doesn't tell me anything Ant, is it from a book? Did someone just make the visuals and put the dialogue and pictures in it? What?

DarthAnt66
I mean, I'm somewhat flattered you think that's from a book, but that's just something I made on PowerPoint in thirty minutes and thought you guys would like it.

That being said, everything shown is taken directly from quotes from Nick Gillard or other Canon material. It's not suppose to be for debating though, lmfao.

The only ambiguous placement is Maul. We just know he's an 8. The new Canon says he's above Dooku, but Gillard seems to suggest otherwise, so I just put him with Kenobi to avoid controversy.

Zenwolf
Alright thanks, just wanted to know, cause it's nice.

DarthAnt66
Thanks.

DarthAnt66
Also, something I wanted to point out, the new Canon does still consider Nick Gillard. Pablo was talking about him recently on Twitter and that they still use his material for reference in Rebels.

UCanShootMyNova
Doesn't matter. It's not canon.

UCanShootMyNova
Ngl I thought this was completely real. Makes me glad AP doesn't make up sources any longer ( probably ).

Kurk
So it's a bell-curve more or less?

Btw, was that upper-right paragraph written by DMB?

DarthAnt66
Ngl I thought this was completely real. Makes me glad AP doesn't make up sources any longer ( probably ).
When I posted it, it never even crossed my mind that people might think it's real, lmfao.

You seem to have a problem thinking fake stuff is real anyway. Half of those quotes on those Facebook forums are fake.

UCanShootMyNova
If my friend says it's real I'm going to believe him. I'm sorry, that's just how I am.

DarthAnt66
I was under the impression we were friends, and I say it's fake.

So, are you calling me a liar, or what?

UCanShootMyNova
If a friend's telling me it's real I'm going to believe them and assume you forgot. It's a lot easier to forget a passage then it is to misremember one in your mind and subconsciously fabricate its' existence.

Zenwolf
What quotes exactly?

UCanShootMyNova
There's a quote a friend posted saying Jaina had more power as of a moment in FotJ then any point prior which would place her above the time when she was being amped to Caedus levels by Luke.

Rockydonovang
don't care, post quote, tell us where we can find the quote, or drop the argument

Rockydonovang
hey ant, there's a problem with the canon maul quote being tcw maul, it cited maul wielding his dual blade lightsaber...

TCW Maul never had a dual blade lightsaber

DarthAnt66
Alright, then TPM. That's not really helping you, though.

http://i.imgur.com/BCbiJgY.png

Also, sorry guys. I put in those numbers wrong. Here's the more-correct version.

NewGuy01
Why no Anakin on ur chart, brate? 0/10.

If a friend's telling me it's real I'm going to believe them and assume you forgot. It's a lot easier to forget a passage then it is to misremember one in your mind and subconsciously fabricate its' existence.

Wrong, we remember everything.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Why no Anakin on ur chart, brate? 0/10.
I intentionally removed it, hence the quote on the left of the chart.

NewGuy01
Also, what on NG's scale is the black supposed to represent? erm

DarthAnt66
The blue to red is suppose to represent the light-side to dark-side scale, with Palpatine being so dark he's black.

As stated, with 8 and 9, staying in the light is difficult, hence why there's so little of it, especially in 9.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Dude, all of those quotes are faked. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
don't care, post quote, tell us where we can find the quote, or drop the argument

I'm not using it as an argument... Fuc off kid.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dude, all of those quotes are faked. thumb up

*Shrug* Going to give him a month to give me the sources then I'll write him off.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
A month? I just re-watched the Foundry, Malgus never says this quote:

I also just rewatched Act 3 and the lead up to FE, and Darth Mortis never says:

UCanShootMyNova
A month? I just re-watched the Foundry, Malgus never says this quote:

I also just rewatched Act 3 and the lead up to FE, and Darth Mortis never says:

I don't know. Maybe there's different routes or actions one has to do to get those lines of dialogue. Going to let him make the attempt anyways.

DarthAnt66
I've played the Foundry dozens of times. I know every line of dialogue in that.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

Don't make the same mistakes Beni and co. Made when AP was faking quotes.

UCanShootMyNova
I'm not. I'm going to give him a month to get them and then write him off if he doesn't give them to me by then.

TenebrousWay
Tier 7 is far more abundant than expected, Ant. I'm disappointed.

The Merchant
This is badass tbh. Saved.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Tier 7 is far more abundant than expected, Ant. I'm disappointed.
I don't understand.

The Merchant
Speaking of this chart, does Nick still answer questions? I'm interested where he ranks the OT fighters like Luke and Vader in this list. I also wish he said something definitive for Qui-Gon but considering in Episode 1 he was Council level material I assume all council members barring Mace and Yoda are 7's.

DarthAnt66
I emailed him last year and he answered back pretty quickly. I imagine if you emailed him he would still get back to you. thumb up

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I don't understand.

I'm just trolling. roll eyes (sarcastic)

UCanShootMyNova
Somebody should send him this and see what he thinks.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
I'm just trolling. roll eyes (sarcastic)
My bad. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Somebody should send him this and see what he thinks.
That might be a little weird.

The Merchant
I emailed him last year and he answered back pretty quickly. I imagine if you emailed him he would still get back to you. thumb up

Do you still have his email? If you don't it's fine, pretty sure it's not too difficult to track down.

DarthAnt66
[email protected]

It's on his website.

UCanShootMyNova
That might be a little weird.

Would you mind if I did it.

DarthAnt66
Would you mind if I did it.
You can, but do it a week or two after he gets back to Merchant. Let's not spam him.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

The Merchant
Just sent my message, thanks again for the link Ant!

NewGuy01
The blue to red is suppose to represent the light-side to dark-side scale, with Palpatine being so dark he's black.

As stated, with 8 and 9, staying in the light is difficult, hence why there's so little of it, especially in 9.

Yeah, the red and blue is a good depiction, but the black ruins it because it's a color that literally has no meaning in Gillard's system.

DarthAnt66
Well, I disagree.

The Merchant
One thing Im still confused. Is Mace a full 9 when he uses the dark side/vapaad and his "base" is between 8 and 8 or is the dark side/vapaad what puts him in between 8 and 9?

UCanShootMyNova
Pretty sure Vaapad is what puts him at a 9 which is the reason he's labelled an 8-9.

ares834
I very much doubt that Gillard knows or cares about Vaapad or its "superconducting loop". That came from Stover. So when Gilllard is giving these guys his rankings, thats likely where he considers them to be in the duels he scripted.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
I very much doubt that Gillard knows or cares about Vaapad or its "superconducting loop". That came from Stover. So when Gilllard is giving these guys his rankings, thats likely where he considers them to be in the duels he scripted.
thumb up NG doesn't even recognize Vaapad as a thing. It should be noted Canon doesn't really have Vaapad as a thing either.

That being said, given Mace teeters on 8 and 9, and then Mace has been cited as a 9 before, I imagine he does use the dark-side to get to that extra level.

I've always pictured Mace as the only Jedi (within filmverse) who can use the dark-side without being corrupted by it, hence his purple blade.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Merchant
Just sent my message, thanks again for the link Ant!
Can you post what you asked?

Darth Thor

I've always pictured Mace as the only Jedi (within filmverse) who can use the dark-side without being corrupted by it, hence his purple blade.

Yeah and Vapaad is Stover's way of explaining just that.

YousufKhan1212
Alright, then TPM. That's not really helping you, though.

http://i.imgur.com/BCbiJgY.png

Also, sorry guys. I put in those numbers wrong. Here's the more-correct version.

Is this from the PowerPoint you made or from an actual book?

Kurk
If Mace in a 9 with vaapad then you have to admit that Sheev legit lost to him.

Pick one

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kurk
If Mace in a 9 with vaapad then you have to admit that Sheev legit lost to him.

Pick one

Not necessarily. Yoda's a 9 but ultimately lost to Sheev.

But yeah I personally believe Mace legit won the Saber duel, but think he'd lose the majority.

thesithmaster
Sheev drove back Mace with three freaking blows and Mace couldn't even react to him- he only parried three blows due to randomly angling his lightsaber to the ground and having the help of Kit Fisto.
Mace didn't legit beat Sidious, and he's not a nine. Gillard said he was a nine in 2005, he said Mace was eight bordering on nine in 2015 or 2016. It's clear "Mace is a nine" statements are outdated.

Rockydonovang
mace is an eight bordering nine and vapaad bost wasn't necessary temporary. As it is, regardless, Mace can uncircumstatialy compete with sidious in general as combatant.

Selenial
thumb up

Don't make the same mistakes Beni and co. Made when AP was faking quotes.

Tbh, Beni was the only one who sided with me against AP, and knew those quotes were fake. Aurbere and co, would be more accurate mmm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
tbh AP is like the sith emperor. Had you and the rest of the swtorians known that she had been around since 2001?

thesithmaster
mace is an eight bordering nine and vapaad bost wasn't necessary temporary. As it is, regardless, Mace can uncircumstatialy compete with sidious in general as combatant.

The boost was temporary. Mace was fighting the man who had destroyed his beloved Republic- to arrest/kill him. Once Palpatine was arrested/killed, the boost would not be there.
And Mace can't even dream of holding a candle to Sidious, lmao. Sidious can move faster than Mace can react- even with Kit Fisto for help, Mace only parried three blows by randomly putting his saber in front of his body, and even then was driven back.
And in the movie, Sidious had Mace at saberpoint (aka at his mercy) in seconds. Mace cannot compete with Sidious saber-wise.
And, Force-wise, Maul+Savage (a duo who demonstrated power feats above those of Windu's) got ragdolled by Sidious.
Mace, in any way, shape or form, cannot compete with Sidious and is fodder for an opponent of his caliber.

Kurk
Originally posted by thesithmaster
Sheev drove back Mace with three freaking blows and Mace couldn't even react to him- he only parried three blows due to randomly angling his lightsaber to the ground and having the help of Kit Fisto.
Mace didn't legit beat Sidious, and he's not a nine. Gillard said he was a nine in 2005, he said Mace was eight bordering on nine in 2015 or 2016. It's clear "Mace is a nine" statements are outdated. Mace was an 8 at the beginning of the fight. Sheev could've killed him at any time up to their saber-lock when Mace's Vaapad kicked in (you can see the anger in his face).

At that point they started fighting as equals and yes I believe Sheev would've won had he utilized TK but ultimately lost sabers.

Selenial
tbh AP is like the sith emperor. Had you and the rest of the swtorians known that she had been around since 2001?

Yis, we were aware, he used to whap that out every time he couldn't actually win a debate. Also why do you still call him 'she', old habits? mmm

UCanShootMyNova
AP is a she isn't she?

toplel
ap is a fraud

UCanShootMyNova
Your mother is a hamster.

toplel
dats why i tease her wit my penis

UCanShootMyNova
q-q

Selenial
AP is a she isn't she?

Last I remember 'she' was a she, had a child, then had a sex change to become a man? 'Her' twitter was that of a man for sure though, whether you believe the prior sex change stuff or not.

UCanShootMyNova

Why is AP such a creep?

Darth Thor

Mace didn't legit beat Sidious, and he's not a nine. Gillard said he was a nine in 2005, he said Mace was eight bordering on nine in 2015 or 2016. It's clear "Mace is a nine" statements are outdated.

Not sure how Gillard has the authority to actually change his ranking system
A decade later.

More likely the 8 bordering 9 quote is him just further expanding on the levels he used back then.

Mace was an 8 at the beginning of the fight. Sheev could've killed him at any time up to their saber-lock when Mace's Vaapad kicked in (you can see the anger in his face).

At that point they started fighting as equals and yes I believe Sheev would've won had he utilized TK but ultimately lost sabers.

Yeah I agree with something along these lines. Let's not forget SOD Maul was able to engage both Mace and Secura, which further implies Mace and Sidious are not true peers IMO.

DarthAnt66
I definitely don't think it was a switch at a certain moment, but I think Kurk has the right idea that Mace steadily got more powerful as the fight progressed.

Rockydonovang
the assetion sids could have blitzed or near blitzed mace doesn't make sense. The quotes that ppl keep using, the ones saying he hadn't realized what happens express maces surprise at how quickly his friends are cut down,not that he couldn't see sidious's attacks which is an obvious falsehood given he reacted to sids more than once. There's no reason to assume Mace couldn't have held his own if outmatched without vapaad

thesithmaster
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Not sure how Gillard has the authority to actually change his ranking system
A decade later.

More likely the 8 bordering 9 quote is him just further expanding on the levels he used back then.

Yeah I agree with something along these lines. Let's not forget SOD Maul was able to engage both Mace and Secura, which further implies Mace and Sidious are not true peers IMO.

Gillard can change his rankings whenever he wants. He had Mace as a nine, but now has Mace as eight close to nine.

And I agree with your second statement. In twenty seconds, Mace fought evenly with Maul- toying Sidious demolished Rage Maul in twenty seconds.

DarthAnt66
Gillard made his rankings as a reference when making the fights. There's no reason to change it again after making the fight, lol.

DarthAnt66
Also, agreed with kbro. As a high 8, Mace can obviously still compete with Sidious. There's no reality where Sidious steams him like a 7.

thesithmaster
the assetion sids could have blitzed or near blitzed mace doesn't make sense. The quotes that ppl keep using, the ones saying he hadn't realized what happens express maces surprise at how quickly his friends are cut down,not that he couldn't see sidious's attacks which is an obvious falsehood given he reacted to sids more than once. There's no reason to assume Mace couldn't have held his own if outmatched without vapaad

The assertion that Sidious can near blitz Mace is canonically correct.
And he didn't realize what happen not because of his surprise, because he cannot react to Sidious.
Mace can't hold his own. Sidious drove him back when he had Kit Fisto for help in a matter of three moves- and even then he only parried blows by randomly putting his lightsaber in front of him. In the movie, Sidious had Mace at saberpoint seconds into the fight. Meaning Sidious, without going full-out, can defeat Mace in seconds.
And a guy who demonstrated Force feats equal to Mace (Dooku) got instastomped by Sidious, and the Maul brothers (who, collectively, have superior Force feats to Dooku- Maul rivals him individually) also got stomped by Sidious.
Mace is stomp fodder for ROTS Sidious. Stop this Mace hype.

DarthAnt66
The assertion that Sidious can near blitz Mace is canonically correct.
And he didn't realize what happen not because of his surprise, because he cannot react to Sidious.
Mace can't hold his own. Sidious drove him back when he had Kit Fisto for help in a matter of three moves- and even then he only parried blows by randomly putting his lightsaber in front of him. In the movie, Sidious had Mace at saberpoint seconds into the fight. Meaning Sidious, without going full-out, can defeat Mace in seconds.
And a guy who demonstrated Force feats equal to Mace (Dooku) got instastomped by Sidious, and the Maul brothers (who, collectively, have superior Force feats to Dooku- Maul rivals him individually) also got stomped by Sidious.
Mace is stomp fodder for ROTS Sidious. Stop this Mace hype.
Damn, I really hope your talking about Legends, since if you're referring to Canon, then lawl.

thesithmaster
Damn, I really hope your talking about Legends, since if you're referring to Canon, then lawl.

Yeah, I'm mainly talking about Legends.
But even in Canon, Sidious moved faster than Mace could react, and had him at saberpoint seconds into the fight (movie).

DarthAnt66
Yeah, I'm mainly talking about Legends.
But even in Canon, Sidious moved faster than Mace could react, and had him at saberpoint seconds into the fight (movie).
A high 8 can obviously react to a 9. We saw that with Maul v Sidious and Dooku v Yoda.

There's a difference between not reacting fast enough and Sidious quickly putting Mace in his place.

I agree there were certain periods of the fight where Sidious could have killed Mace rather quickly but choose not to.

However, Vappad as we know it doesn't exist in Canon, so the fact Mace eventually got the upper hand against Sidious must be considered as a legitimate showing.

Rockydonovang
vapaad doesn't exist in canon? Doesn't a canon source say mace held his own vs sids and then rallied with Vapaad?

DarthAnt66
The only description of Vaapad I've seen so far is "Form VII: Juyo / Vaapad," and then stated Mace was a practitioner.

It says nothing about that superconducting loop nonsense that Legends had.

Whatever source your thinking of, I'm 98% sure it's Legends. That being said, if you can find the source, let me know and I'll check.

Rockydonovang
if it's a legends source then Mace can hold his own vs sidious without vapaad

Darth Thor
Gillard can change his rankings whenever he wants. He had Mace as a nine, but now has Mace as eight close to nine.

Nah, he doesn't work on SW anymore. He's not part of the story group or any kind of creative force in canon, so any "changes" he makes now would be worthless.

Only further explanations of his original rankings would be useful to consider.

DarthAnt66
@kbro: That should be obvious, since again, in Canon, Vaapad is likely just the Jedi version of Juyo. It's not some weird amp thing. thumb up

Rockydonovang
hence why I said in legends, it may have been from the new canon junior novel though

DarthAnt66
It's not.

Rockydonovang
I believe it's in one of those sources you posted or reposted in one of those threads you made for that purpose

Rockydonovang
Nah, he doesn't work on SW anymore. He's not part of the story group or any kind of creative force in canon, so any "changes" he makes now would be worthless.

thumb up

DarthAnt66
I believe it's in one of those sources you posted or reposted in one of those threads you made for that purpose
You're probably thinking of Fact Files then, which is Legends.

thesithmaster

He doesn't work on Star Wars anymore but he did create the fights for the prequels and the basics of the seven forms of lightsaber combat which the EU frequently uses, so his word, even now, does matter in both Canon and Legends.

thesithmaster
A high 8 can obviously react to a 9. We saw that with Maul v Sidious and Dooku v Yoda.

There's a difference between not reacting fast enough and Sidious quickly putting Mace in his place.

I agree there were certain periods of the fight where Sidious could have killed Mace rather quickly but choose not to.

However, Vappad as we know it doesn't exist in Canon, so the fact Mace eventually got the upper hand against Sidious must be considered as a legitimate showing.

Maul couldn't really react to Sidious. Maul was rage amped, Sidious was toying, yet Sidious still demolished Maul.

And Dooku could react to Yoda a bit. We saw how quickly a somewhat rage amped Dooku (AOTC novel) got taught a lesson by holding back Yoda. And an amped Dooku was quickly driven back by an injured Yoda when Yoda started going full-out. Dark Rendezvous goes as far to state that Yoda could have annihilated amped Dooku had he gone after him.

High eights should react to a regular nine, like Anakin. When we reach Yoda/Sidious level combatants, though, they are simply too fast and too strong. Mace can barely react to Yoda and Sidious due to Yoda/Sidious' Force Augmentation.

Yes, Vaapad amp does not exist in Canon, but Sidious was throwing the fight. We see this when Sidious has Mace at saberpoint seconds into the fight (movie).

DarthAnt66
Maul couldn't really react to Sidious. Maul was rage amped, Sidious was toying, yet Sidious still demolished Maul.

You're mixing up Legends with Canon.

Rage amp doesn't exist, and nothing says Sidious was toying at the end.

And Sidious didn't demolish Maul by any stretch of imagination either.

You're still mixing up Legends with Canon.

Completely unsupported. All 9s are equal and only battlefield conditions and circumstance put them apart, as per NG.

Sidious throwing the fight but losing legitimately are not mutually exclusive.

The Merchant
This is what I asked, Ant.

"Hello Mr. Gillard, I'm a huge fan regarding your work in the Prequel trilogy, especially how both you and Mr. Lucas created the nine levels of Lightsaber dueling, such as Yoda and the Emperor being level nines. I was wondering how that translates into the Original trilogy, episodes 4 through 6. Where would the likes of Darth Vader, episode 4 Obi-wan, The Emperor from Episode 6, Yoda from Episode 5, and Luke from_episode 5 and later 6_scale in your Lightsaber levels? And is Qui-Gon Jinn a level 7 Lightsaber duelist? If you can answer these questions it would be much appreciated."

UCanShootMyNova
You asked about WAAAAAAAAAAAY too many characters. If you get a response though you hit the jackpot.

thesithmaster
You're mixing up Legends with Canon.

Rage amp doesn't exist, and nothing says Sidious was toying at the end.

And Sidious didn't demolish Maul by any stretch of imagination either.

You're still mixing up Legends with Canon.

Completely unsupported. All 9s are equal and only battlefield conditions and circumstance put them apart, as per NG.

Sidious throwing the fight but losing legitimately are not mutually exclusive.

Starwars.com outright states Sidious toyed with Maul. Check Silver's blog, he has the picture. Maul was also rage amped due to his brother dying. He's a darksider, so if someone he likes dies, he becomes enraged.
And Sidious demolished Maul, yeah. He overpowered him in twenty seconds.

Oops. Sorry for mixing the verses. But even in Canon, Dooku was stated "no match for Yoda" and is depicted tiring quickly, getting a second blade then getting instantly disarmed.

9s are all equal duelists, yeah, but that does not mean they are all equal as combatants. Sidious and Yoda's speed feats are much better than Anakin's, anda Sidious has moved faster than Anakin could perceive- it's just too many sources, including the novel itself, disagreeing with the earlier statement from the novel Anakin is faster than Yoda (who outright matched Sidious in speed). Anakin is equal to Yoda and Sidious in skill, but as an overall saber combatant with Augmentation, he's still well below them.

Sidious didn't lose legitimately given how he could have killed Mace seconds into the fight.

DarthAnt66
Starwars.com outright states Sidious toyed with Maul. Check Silver's blog, he has the picture.

The quote on Starwars.com is ambiguous since it could be referring to Sidious toying with Maul by throwing him around, electrocuting him, then laughing, telling him he doesn't plan to kill him, and then electrocuting him some more, which it probably is.

Sith always use their dark emotions in battle. There's no Legends ability that states a temporary amp like you're suggesting.

Which blatantly isn't a stomp. That's the same duration of Yoda vs Dooku, which Canon sources have labeled as going either way.

That's Legends.

There's no clarification on if the scale is dueling or combat, but it more-than-likely is combat in general.

The novel isn't Canon.

No, he couldn't have killed Mace "seconds into the fight." That being said, again, Sidious prolonging the fight and Sidious losing the fight are not mutually exclusive.

Darth Thor
Starwars.com outright states Sidious toyed with Maul. Check Silver's blog, he has the picture.

Silver's always had an agenda of proving Sidious can blitz anyone whose not Yoda any time. In Legends there might be a case there, but doesn't really hold up in Canon.

That said, of course Sidious blitzing Maul is possible given Old Ben blitzed him. But that's different to just blitzing him any second he feels like, and definitely different to blitzing a top tier 8 like Windu.

The quote on Starwars.com is ambiguous since it could be referring to Sidious toying with Maul by throwing him around, electrocuting him, then laughing, telling him he doesn't plan to kill him, and then electrocuting him some more, which it probably is.

Yeah That's what I always thought given the timing context of the quote "Sidious killed Savage then toyed with Maul.."

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Merchant
This is what I asked, Ant.

"Hello Mr. Gillard, I'm a huge fan regarding your work in the Prequel trilogy, especially how both you and Mr. Lucas created the nine levels of Lightsaber dueling, such as Yoda and the Emperor being level nines. I was wondering how that translates into the Original trilogy, episodes 4 through 6. Where would the likes of Darth Vader, episode 4 Obi-wan, The Emperor from Episode 6, Yoda from Episode 5, and Luke from_episode 5 and later 6_scale in your Lightsaber levels? And is Qui-Gon Jinn a level 7 Lightsaber duelist? If you can answer these questions it would be much appreciated."

You do realise that anything he says about OT levels would just be his opinion right?

DarthAnt66
Depends. Lucas and him could have used them as a reference point to begin working on the new levels.

Rockydonovang
I thought sw.com wasn't canon ant

DarthAnt66
I'm not even using it?

Rockydonovang
just wondering since you didn't bring that up

Rockydonovang
yoda vs dooku was 40 seconds, no?

DarthAnt66
30 seconds.

Rockydonovang
yea, just checked thumb up

Kurk
yea, just checked thumb up Wrong, it's 30.4 seconds

Darth Thor
Depends. Lucas and him could have used them as a reference point to begin working on the new levels.

Well he'd have to specify he talked to Lucas about the OT.

In any case Disney seems to have revamped the OT power scales (in reference to the PT that is).

Rockydonovang
Wrong, it's 30.4 seconds
fck, I've underestimated dooku's power

|King Joker|
I timed it at like 39 seconds, where are you guys starting and stopping? lol

YousufKhan1212
Does Nick Gillard's tiers only take lightsaber duelling into account?

JKBart
yeah

thesithmaster
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Does Nick Gillard's tiers only take lightsaber duelling into account?

Yes.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I timed it at like 39 seconds, where are you guys starting and stopping? lol

I'm guessing from the first second their Sabers clash to the start of their first blade lock.

Although I would note the shorter Sidious vs Maul seemed more intense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.