American Muslims More Accepting Than Evangelicals of Gay People

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam_PoE
A recent survey has found that American Muslims are now more accepting than evangelicals of gay people.

Conducted between January and May of this year, 52% of Muslim respondents to the Pew Research Center survey said that homosexuality should be accepted by society.

However, only 34% of evangelical Protestants said they believe homosexuality should be accepted. This is the smallest percentage of any group surveyed.

Additionally, the survey found that mainline Protestants have the highest acceptance rate of gay people, with 76% saying it should be accepted by society.

Read the survey results HERE.

|King Joker|
Pretty low bar, lol, but I'm glad.

Sable
Pew researchlaughing out loud

Flyattractor
They are just saying they feel that way until they can manage to take over, then its back to their good old stoneings and tossing off of tall buildings like they really believe. The Good Muslim Way.

socool8520
The unaffiliated still rank the highest. lol

Afro Cheese
It's not really that surprising when you consider that American Muslims seem to be more moderate than their European counterparts, on average. And certainly much more moderate than Muslims that live in Muslim majority countries.

Where as American Evangelicals are among the most conservative strands of modern Christianity. That is assuming you don't include Africa, which is an entirely different story altogether.

Flyattractor
That and you have to remember that in the Muslim Religion it is ok to LIE to get your real motives and beliefs installed into the society you are invading....just pointing that out.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
That and you have to remember that in the Muslim Religion it is ok to LIE to get your real motives and beliefs installed into the society you are invading....just pointing that out.

This is a good point. How can people truly trust any answer a Muslim gives in a survey then?

This is not to say I have a hard time believing the results of this survey.

Afro Cheese
That and you have to remember that in the Muslim Religion it is ok to LIE to get your real motives and beliefs installed into the society you are invading....just pointing that out. i've heard that before... what is the source?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
i've heard that before... what is the source?

Its called Al-Taqiyya. Look it up.

Surtur
I'd also be curious as to how the American Muslims that do not accept gays treat gays in comparison to how the Evangelicals who do not accept them treat them.

ArtificialGlory
Well, there's a reason why Evangelicals sometimes are called the American Taliban.

Flyattractor
That probably says more about the people who call them that then the actual evangelicals themselves.

ArtificialGlory
That probably says more about the people who call them that then the actual evangelicals themselves.
I think their own beliefs say enough about them. The statistic we're talking about here is just one example.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I think their own beliefs say enough about them. The statistic we're talking about here is just one example.

It could also say something about you're beliefs, or lack thereof.

ArtificialGlory
It could also say something about you're beliefs, or lack thereof.
Like what? That homosexuals aren't evil or "sinful"?

Flyattractor
More about how some feel it is their cause to vilify those with religious beliefs when they themselves have none.

ArtificialGlory
More about how some feel it is their cause to vilify those with religious beliefs when they themselves have none.
As opposed to those with religious beliefs who feel it is their cause to vilify people based on what they do in their bedroom or whom they wish to marry? Let's not pretend that having religious beliefs somehow grants you a moral high ground.

Flyattractor
Coming from those that act the same way in the opposite way.

Kettle Pot Black.

ArtificialGlory
Coming from those that act the same way in the opposite way.

Kettle Pot Black.
Are you talking about the people trying to prevent heterosexual marriages? Cause they don't really exist.

Flyattractor
No. More like those that are being punished for holding a differing opinion and trying to hold on to their beliefs. Something that happens on both sides.

ArtificialGlory
No. More like those that are being punished for holding a differing opinion and trying to hold on to their beliefs. Something that happens on both sides.
I'm curious as to what you mean by 'being punished'. Not being allowed to discriminate or being called out on shitty behavior and ideas is not 'being punished', if that's what you meant.

Surtur
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Well, there's a reason why Evangelicals sometimes are called the American Taliban.

So are we talking like...shit like "If you're gay you're going to hell, god hates f*gs" which is horrible, but there is the other kind of gay hatred too. There is also the "you should be in prison if you're gay or perhaps even chucked off the top of a tall building" kind of hatred.

MythLord
Yeah, but these are the most liberal Muslims out there whereas Evangelics are the most conservative Christians that exist and some of them think using the toilet or shaving is a sin, lol. laughing

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Surtur
So are we talking like...shit like "If you're gay you're going to hell, god hates f*gs" which is horrible, but there is the other kind of gay hatred too. There is also the "you should be in prison if you're gay or perhaps even chucked off the top of a tall building" kind of hatred. I've seen Amrican Christian fundamentalists advocating the death penalty for gays. It's probably a more common train of thought than you think. It is basically in accordance with the laws of the Torah.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by MythLord
Yeah, but these are the most liberal Muslims out there whereas Evangelics are the most conservative Christians that exist...

Yeah, I was going to point out something like that. Seems like sort of a skewed survey.

I don't think we have nearly as many super conservative and strict Muslims here as in Muslim majority countries.

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
A recent survey has found that American Muslims are now more accepting than evangelicals of gay people.

Conducted between January and May of this year, 52% of Muslim respondents to the Pew Research Center survey said that homosexuality should be accepted by society.

However, only 34% of evangelical Protestants said they believe homosexuality should be accepted. This is the smallest percentage of any group surveyed.

Additionally, the survey found that mainline Protestants have the highest acceptance rate of gay people, with 76% saying it should be accepted by society.

Read the survey results HERE.

Dude, this is US muslims.

That only says what they think about non Muslim communities. It's like asking a Mexican immigrant "Are you accepting of Americans drinking piss and eating shit", and they'd say yes, but a strong no to Mexicans doing that shite.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by cdtm

Yeah, it says that right in the title.

That only says what they think about non Muslim communities. It's like asking a Mexican immigrant "Are you accepting of Americans drinking piss and eating shit", and they'd say yes, but a strong no to Mexicans doing that shite.

Consuming urine and feces is binary proposition: either you oppose it or you do not; nobody is making those distinctions.

Darth Thor
Wow I love how the first page of this thread turned into "let's assume the muslims are lying"

Just because... you know they're muslim, they all lie... lmao

Which means they are likely more educated than the average Muslim in a third world country.

There's another survey which shows American Muslims were the group most against harming/killing civilians under any circumstances.

eThneoLgrRnae
Even if this poll is accurate, why should I give a shit about it?

God, Himself, says that when a man lies with another man it is an abomination. He wiped out both Sodom and Gomorrah because they were filled with sodomites (that is actually where the word 'sodomite' comes from).

God does not recognize a thing called "same sex marriage" either which is a contradiction in terms according to what the Bible defines as marriage.

I just find it laughable that Adam posting this thought it was gonna make evangelicals feel bad.

If you think homosexual activity is perfectly fine then your problem is with God, Himself.... not evangelicals or any other type of Christian.

And what is meant by "accepting" here? There are different levels of that. Pretty sure you won't see many evangelicals calling for gays to be pushed off buildings the way that muslims do it in the ME.

Theoretically gay people can be saved if they truly accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior just as any other type of sinner could be saved. Thing is though, they don't want to retain God in their knowledge because He gets in the way of their lifestyle. The Bible said that God gave them over to a reprobate mind BECAUSE they didn't actually WANT to retain Him in their knowledge.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I've seen Amrican Christian fundamentalists advocating the death penalty for gays. It's probably a more common train of thought than you think. It is basically in accordance with the laws of the Torah.

I consider myself to be a Christian Fundamentalist and I don't advocate for that.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Even if this poll is accurate, why should I give a shit about it?

You obviously feel some type of way about it:

I just find it laughable that Adam posting this thought it was gonna make evangelicals feel bad.

Do not shoot the messenger, I am just reporting facts: U.S. Muslims are better than U.S. Evangelicals. If you do not like it, do not be bitter, just do better.

God, Himself, says that when a man lies with another man it is an abomination. He wiped out both Sodom and Gomorrah because they were filled with sodomites (that is actually where the word 'sodomite' comes from).

. . . If you think homosexual activity is perfectly fine then your problem is with God, Himself...not evangelicals or any other type of Christian.

Now do men who are sexually attracted to transsexuals.

God does not recognize a thing called "same sex marriage" either which is a contradiction in terms according to what the Bible defines as marriage.

https://i.imgur.com/dUMAxua.gif

And what is meant by "accepting" here? There are different levels of that. Pretty sure you won't see many evangelicals calling for gays to be pushed off buildings the way that muslims do it in the ME.

There are Christians in America who want to make homosexuality illegal. There are sitting elected representatives who suggested putting gays and lesbians in concentration camps. This notion that oppressive Muslim ideologies pose a greater threat than oppressive Christian ideologies in this country is just not true.

The recriminalization of homosexuality and the incarceration of gays and lesbians is part of the official platform of the Montana Republican party since the U.S. Supreme Court struck down laws against sodomy.

The pastor of Providence Road Baptist Church posted a video of a sermon in which he says he "wants to round gays up behind an electric fence and wait for them to die off."

These are people and groups with real political power and cultural influence in the United States, unlike members of a small and marginalized minority religion.

Theoretically gay people can be saved if they truly accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior just as any other type of sinner could be saved. Thing is though, they don't want to retain God in their knowledge because He gets in the way of their lifestyle. The Bible said that God gave them over to a reprobate mind BECAUSE they didn't actually WANT to retain Him in their knowledge.

This is a spectacularly bad argument every time Christian apologists make it, because not only is it an improper appeal to motivation in place of support, but one does not need to reject a particular moral framework in order to live how he pleases when that framework already permits him to live how he pleases.

For the simple-minded, that means if god permits one to follow a set of proscriptive rules or to not follow them, then one can simply choose to not follow them; it does not requiring rejecting the entire framework to make a choice within the framework.

Robtard
This thread is over four years old and I bet American Muslims are still more accepting of homosexuals than Evangelicals, who are an awful, deplorable bunch of fake Christians.

Probably more so than many American Christian groups, wouldn't surprise me.

eThneoLgrRnae
Remind me again what the faith was of the Pulse Nightclub shooter.

Oh, that's right.... he was a muslim.

Shocker.roll eyes (sarcastic)

While we're on the subject, when was the last time a so-called "Christian" went and specifically shot up a bunch of gays? It's odd, no matter how hard I strain my memory nothing is coming to mind.

Help me out here, Christian-haters. wink

Adam_PoE
Remind me again what the faith was of the Pulse Nightclub shooter.

Oh, that's right.... he was a muslim.

Shocker.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now do the Pittsburgh Tree of Life synagogue shooter. I do not think you want to go down this road.

https://c.tenor.com/9icIB76KxhgAAAAC/captain-america-i-can-do-this-all-day.gif

Blakemore
Ima firing my blah!

Grand-Moff-Gav
Now do the Pittsburgh Tree of Life synagogue shooter. I do not think you want to go down this road.

Am i wrong in recalling Adam_PoE was an unusually handsome chap?

eThneoLgrRnae

No, I do actually. Put your money where your mouth is, dude.

Prove he was a Christian.

Even if he did actually call himself a Christian I guarantee you that for every shooting or other type of mass killing done by a so-called "Christian" I can list at least five done by a muslim.

And comparing yourself to CA is f*cking disgusting. You are a communist piece of dog shit. CA would have nothing to do with you. wink

CA is a Christian, btw. smile

Grand-Moff-Gav

Even if he did actually call himself a Christian I guarantee you that for every shooting or other type of mass killing done by a so-called "Christian" I can list at least five done by a muslim.

And comparing yourself to CA is f*cking disgusting. You are a communist piece of dog shit. CA would have nothing to do with you. wink

CA is a fictional character, though I suspect distinguishing between fact and fiction isnt the point in your present exercise...

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
CA is a fictional character, though I suspect distinguishing between fact and fiction isnt the point in your present exercise...

Dude, pull your head out of your ass.

No shit he is fictional, you snarky jacksss.

The commie pos is the one who brought CA into this, not me.

Everything I said is factual about muslims far surpassing "christians" in number of mass killings.

Looks like I have touched a nerve with you by speaking truth.

Cry more and go run home to your mommy because facts hurt your fragile wittle fee fees so much.

eThneoLgrRnae
Islam: the "religion of peace." laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Sure it is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

eThneoLgrRnae

Oh so you like men, eh?

Why am I not surprised.

You wanna suck his little dick? LOL.

Though I think calling Adam a "man" is a bit of a stretch.

Boy would probably be more accurate. wink

EventideSlorg
confused

Adam_PoE

Robert Bowers cited a Bible quote about Jesus Christ on the bio of his now defunct Gab account as the motivation for the shooting. Fail harder.

Adam_PoE

What do you mean was?

Adam_PoE
Oh so you like men, eh?

Why am I not surprised.

You wanna suck his little dick? LOL.

Though I think calling Adam a "man" is a bit of a stretch.

Boy would probably be more accurate. wink

You sound jealous. Sorry, but you have to be double-digits to be bigger than I am.

cdtm
laughing out loud

Darth Thor

laughing out loud

You sound jealous. Sorry, but you have to be double-digits to be bigger than I am.

He's jealous because he's still in the closet.

Blakemore
You sound jealous. Sorry, but you have to be double-digits to be bigger than I am. that would mean you have a 9 inch penis

Robtard
Adam has a 9inch penis and America has more of a Christian-Terrorist problem than it does a Muslim-Terrorist problem.

Blakemore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.