Zealot Vs Shang-Chi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
1. Cage fight only. No weapons.
2. Standard equipment for Zealot

http://i.imgur.com/OYLr1qt.jpg

vs

http://i.imgur.com/6ejVRKy.jpg

Zack M
Go!

Sin I AM
Zealot stomps in both

deathslash
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Zealot stomps in both Stop. Feeding. Him.

Digi
Originally posted by deathslash
Stop. Feeding. Him.

Meh, agreed, but there'll always be someone who doesn't realize what he's doing, or who forgets to check the OP before posting. He's only wasting his own time with his approach to discussion here; any time wasted on our part is insignificant compared to that.

/srug

DarkSaint85
Shang Chi ends him.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by deathslash
Stop. Feeding. Him.
Originally posted by Digi
Meh, agreed, but there'll always be someone who doesn't realize what he's doing, or who forgets to check the OP before posting. He's only wasting his own time with his approach to discussion here; any time wasted on our part is insignificant compared to that.

/srug

Hes trolling? What did i miss?

Digi

Zach makes an inordinate number of threads where the DC person is above a Marvel person, and consistently seems less interested in discussion than simply promoting and gushing over everything DC does.

deathslash

/srug *sigh* You got me there.Originally posted by Sin I AM
Zach makes an inordinate number of threads where the DC person is above a Marvel person, and consistently seems less interested in discussion than simply promoting and gushing over everything DC does.
This. And if anyone tries to legitimately make a case for the Marvel character, he proceeds to bash the poster over the head with feats that are far out of the marvel characters capabilities.

panthergod
Shang wins.

Sin I AM

Lol...yea i just looked. Thx 4 the heads up

-Pr-

lol, you should see the movie forum.

Digi
I mean, this stupidity is less overtly antagonistic than a lot of trolling that goes on. Zach may not actually be a deliberate troll with the DC stuff, but it also doesn't engender him to many posters when there doesn't seem to be a desire to actually debate or discuss the matches. With my favorites, I consider it a hallmark of my fandom to celebrate their flaws and limitations. And while I don't expect everyone to approach fandom the same way, it's disappointing when the exact opposite approach is taken, as it often is in a vs. setting.

Sin I AM
I mean, this stupidity is less overtly antagonistic than a lot of trolling that goes on. Zach may not actually be a deliberate troll with the DC stuff, but it also doesn't engender him to many posters when there doesn't seem to be a desire to actually debate or discuss the matches. With my favorites, I consider it a hallmark of my fandom to celebrate their flaws and limitations. And while I don't expect everyone to approach fandom the same way, it's disappointing when the exact opposite approach is taken, as it often is in a vs. setting.

Who are your favorites?

-Pr-

Yeah. I'd rather read an interesting story where they fail, than a boring one where they succeed.

StyleTime
Every once in a while, Zack makes a solid thread, just through through sheer number of attempts. I can't see Zealot or Shang stomping each other, unless one had some massive upgrades recently.
With my favorites, I consider it a hallmark of my fandom to celebrate their flaws and limitations.
thumb up

I've always felt "true" fans are better this, since they understand the typical depiction of their bae. Respect thread fans, conversely, get a pretty skewed understanding of their character I've noticed. Nothing inherently wrong with respect threads of course, but it certainly can stifle discussion when the average poster only sees a character dialing to 11.

Digi
Originally posted by StyleTime
Every once in a while, Zack makes a solid thread, just through through sheer number of attempts. I can't see Zealot or Shang stomping each other, unless one had some massive upgrades recently.

thumb up

I've always felt "true" fans are better this, since they understand the typical depiction of their bae. Respect thread fans, conversely, get a pretty skewed understanding of their character I've noticed. Nothing inherently wrong with respect threads of course, but it certainly can stifle discussion when the average poster only sees a character dialing to 11.

Nah, I think he knew what he was doing on this one. Zealot's a beast.

I've made lots of respect threads, which of course are weighted toward ONLY good feats most of the time. So like you say, I don't think that's bad, in and of itself. In fact, with some I've made (my old Authority one is a good example) it was very educational for KMC, because at the time not many people knew who the Authority was or what they could do.

But you're right that it can create a skewed mentality.

Who are your favorites?

Spider-Man, the Authority, Alan Scott (pre-FP JSA as a whole), Doctor Who, The Tick, He-Man, Adam Warlock, Death's Head (both I and II), Kingpin, off the top of my head.

There's the "I know more about them than most, so I can defend them better" phenomenon, which has been true for me on occasion. I've argued for all of those characters in numerous threads. But I also can cite specific instances where I was on the opposite side, or where I was advocating for a less generous interpretation of a feat, and it was in threads where there was a reasonable case to be made for either combatant or side. Most of those listed are interesting to me because of who they are (Spider-Man) or what they represent (Doctor Who), or the unique ways they can affect a story (Warlock, Kingpin, Authority). Or because they're just fun (He-Man, Tick, Death's Head). So I'll geek out at a huge Spidey or Alan feat, for example, but that's never been why I'm into them.

StyleTime
Nah, I think he knew what he was doing on this one. Zealot's a beast.

I've made lots of respect threads, which of course are weighted toward ONLY good feats most of the time. So like you say, I don't think that's bad, in and of itself. In fact, with some I've made (my old Authority one is a good example) it was very educational for KMC, because at the time not many people knew who the Authority was or what they could do.

But you're right that it can create a skewed mentality.

His pick, of course, isn't in doubt. Zealot's a beast. I'm just saying it's not a stomp, like the usual full-powered Grifter vs a street or something.

It's a just a super good MAist vs another one here. The margin of victory for either won't be large.

Supermutant
Will be interesting to see how Shang performs against Iron-Fist this next issue. Although Shang is being mind-controlled.

cdtm
Originally posted by Supermutant
Will be interesting to see how Shang performs against Iron-Fist this next issue. Although Shang is being mind-controlled.

Iron Fist comic?

Haven't actually read it yet.

Sin I AM
Na

Spider-Man, the Authority, Alan Scott (pre-FP JSA as a whole), Doctor Who, The Tick, He-Man, Adam Warlock, Death's Head (both I and II), Kingpin, off the top of my head.

There's the "I know more about them than most, so I can defend them better" phenomenon, which has been true for me on occasion. I've argued for all of those characters in numerous threads. But I also can cite specific instances where I was on the opposite side, or where I was advocating for a less generous interpretation of a feat, and it was in threads where there was a reasonable case to be made for either combatant or side. Most of those listed are interesting to me because of who they are (Spider-Man) or what they represent (Doctor Who), or the unique ways they can affect a story (Warlock, Kingpin, Authority). Or because they're just fun (He-Man, Tick, Death's Head). So I'll geek out at a huge Spidey or Alan feat, for example, but that's never been why I'm into them.

Alan Scott and Warlock are two characters who desperately need the spotlight. Parker is cool but im kinda meh about him at the moment. I feel like there are too many spider people running around.

Originally posted by StyleTime
His pick, of course, isn't in doubt. Zealot's a beast. I'm just saying it's not a stomp, like the usual full-powered Grifter vs a street or something.

It's a just a super good MAist vs another one here. The margin of victory for either won't be large.

Chi is not even remotely in her ballpark tho

cdtm
Alan Scott and Warlock are two characters who desperately need the spotlight. Parker is cool but im kinda meh about him at the moment. I feel like there are too many spider people running around.

Shangs no Iron Fist.

His chi only amps his stats a little, not stop speeding locomotives or tank a sniper round to the chest.

StiltmanFTW
Shang took a hit from Hiroim while your Danny almost died because of getting casually thrown by Ares...

But seriously now, how is Danny going to fight Shang? I thought IF's back got broken for good smile

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Shang took a hit from Hiroim while your Danny almost died because of getting casually thrown by Ares...

But seriously now, how is Danny going to fight Shang? I thought IF's back got broken for good smile

Shang has been getting shit on for awhile. He shouldnt be in team books at all.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Well, if it's happening in his solo, I know his Iron Fist is on the fritz, at least.

Normally he could just heal up any injury.

Supermutant
Originally posted by cdtm
Well, if it's happening in his solo, I know his Iron Fist is on the fritz, at least.

Normally he could just heal up any injury.

U dare doubt me? stick out tongue

https://s7d2.turboimg.net/t1/35871371_21.jpg

Digi

Alan's had plenty of chance to shine, but I agree about Warlock. He hasn't really been written well since the 80's-era Starlin stuff.

It's easy to agree that there are too many "spider" characters. But that's not Pete's fault, it's everyone else's. He's the original. It's even a running joke for him; he'll encounter someone with spider powers and be like "What should your name be? Scarlet Spider? No, wait, that's taken. Spider Girl? Crap, also taken..." Or something like "Another one of you?! Lemme guess, you're a clone of a simulacrum. I knew I should've copyrighted my name." Sh*t like that.

darthgoober
Alan's had plenty of chance to shine, but I agree about Warlock. He hasn't really been written well since the 80's-era Starlin stuff.

It's easy to agree that there are too many "spider" characters. But that's not Pete's fault, it's everyone else's. He's the original. It's even a running joke for him; he'll encounter someone with spider powers and be like "What should your name be? Scarlet Spider? No, wait, that's taken. Spider Girl? Crap, also taken..." Or something like "Another one of you?! Lemme guess, you're a clone of a simulacrum. I knew I should've copyrighted my name." Sh*t like that.
The Infinity War and Crusade both took place in the 90s though. He's not one to rack up a lot of feats, but he's had some great stories going for him.

Digi
Originally posted by darthgoober
The Infinity War and Crusade both took place in the 90s though. He's not one to rack up a lot of feats, but he's had some great stories going for him.

Yeah, I didn't bother to check the dates, but I figured the last of the "Infinity {word}" stories might have been early 90s. That's still 25 years ago, though, so my point stands.

StiltmanFTW
The last have technically been Infinity and Infinity Finale, lol.

You have Warlock sucking Thanus' cock there, other than that don't recall him doing anything memorable.

Sin I AM

Yea someone did tell me Scott had an ongoing. And youre right about Parker

Digi
Yea someone did tell me Scott had an ongoing. And youre right about Parker

Well, Alan was consistently touted as the "big gun" of the pre-FP JSA, so he's had more recent, excellent arcs written about him. There were also a handful of JSA Classified issues in the 2000's that were great, many that included him. So I will always agree that he deserves the spotlight...I think he's a great character. But he's gotten more recent love than, say, Warlock. Stilt correctly mentioned some more recent arcs with Warlock, but the last time I was interested in Warlock was from those 80s and early 90s arcs. So he's hurting. Alan at least still has some mystique about him.

StyleTime
What makes you think that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.