Rian Johnson teases Snoke fight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66

Zenwolf
Should be interesting.

ares834
I think you're reading too much into this. As for fighting, when it inevitably happens, hopefully they have enough sense to not have him get in a sword fight and have him using only the force.

thesithmaster
This is exciting.
Maybe he'll stomp Rey and capture her- or better yet, fight Luke.
He needs to mainly use the Force. A swordfight wouldn't be too bad, but I'd prefer a Force-inclined combatant.

Raptor22
I doubt snoke will fight one of the protags in the second film. More likely he does some cool shit while training kylo.

NewGuy01
Snoke should surprise everybody and dominate the battlefield by charging in with his fists.

Unbowed
Snoke > Sidious confirmed.

Rockydonovang
luke better destroy him

NewGuy01
Why? His best feat thus far is beating a conflicted Vader.

Rockydonovang
because he's the top dog of the jedi and is the force's grandson, given that Disney has made it so he's basically failed in everything else, he should get his moment here

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
because he's the top dog of the jedi and is the force's grandson, given that Disney has made it so he's basically failed in everything else, he should get his moment here

Just gotta remind me that he's tripping over his own 2 feet in the current comic series...so unsure of himself...

Trocity
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Snoke should surprise everybody and dominate the battlefield by charging in with his fists.

laughing out loud thumb up

I'd honestly go wild if we got to see Snoke pulling an OCW Windu on a bunch of Resistance members....

https://media.giphy.com/media/fLQQwESqJ0Q8M/giphy.gif

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Trocity
laughing out loud thumb up

I'd honestly go wild if we got to see Snoke pulling an OCW Windu on a bunch of Resistance members....

https://media.giphy.com/media/fLQQwESqJ0Q8M/giphy.gif

Disney Canon doesn't deserve such a thing..

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
I think you're reading too much into this.
Maybe, but between "will get to do much more" (implying some physical activity), "force of nature," and the fact I really, really, really want to see Snoke in action, I think the minimum will be him showing off his Force abilities to Kylo and the maximum (and my hope) is a fight with Luke.

Rockydonovang
luke better destroy him

DarthAnt66
Nah, I hope it's close. If Luke can easily beat Snoke, the story wouldn't make sense for a lot of different reasons.

Rockydonovang
Nah fck it, Luke's takin too many damn L's. Have snoke wrecking house and then lets see a luke unleashing everything demolishing this lord of the rings rip off.

The_Tempest
My first impression of the sentence when I read the article was that Johnson was calling Andy Serkis a force of nature.

thesithmaster
Honestly, it's very possible that Snoke>>>Luke and that after getting thrashed solo by Snoke, the Light pulls off some sacrifice thingy and kills Snoke in some weird way, just for the last moment good guy win.

Rockydonovang
It'd be Disney would do, taking away anything that would stop Luke from being a maul-like failure.

As if having his life goals destroyed off screen isn't enough, let's have the force' grandson be snoke's b!tch

That being said smoke seemed scared of Luke's return in tag, whether that had anything to do with direct combat remains to be seen

Rockydonovang
I hate the direction of this trilogy but given where it's going,Luke's main opponent should be himself and how he uses his immense power, not whether his immense power is sufficient to stop smoke.

Darth Abonis
A force fight like the one between Dooku and Yoda in AOTC would be awesome, only it should be more advanced. Luke vs Snoke

Raptor22
I hate the direction of this trilogy but given where it's going,Luke's main opponent should be himself and how he uses his immense power, not whether his immense power is sufficient to stop smoke. I agree

thesithmaster
I hate the direction of this trilogy but given where it's going,Luke's main opponent should be himself and how he uses his immense power, not whether his immense power is sufficient to stop smoke.

Whoa... how can Luke stop smoke? Smoke can be formed in many different situations: an exploding starship, an exploding gunship, some lost travelers making a fire, a corpse after it was blown up by a thermal detonator or rocket launcher, and many others. Luke cannot stop those in the galaxy. Luke, no matter how powerful he is, cannot stop smoke smile

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by thesithmaster
Whoa... how can Luke stop smoke? Smoke can be formed in many different situations: an exploding starship, an exploding gunship, some lost travelers making a fire, a corpse after it was blown up by a thermal detonator or rocket launcher, and many others. Luke cannot stop those in the galaxy. Luke, no matter how powerful he is, cannot stop smoke smile
laughing You've officially become a somewhat respectable kmcer, well done thumb up

thesithmaster
laughing You've officially become a somewhat respectable kmcer, well done thumb up

And I wasn't "respectable" before because...

Rockydonovang
Because you're an Erkan tier debater. However I value humor over the ability to debate fictional characters

UCanShootMyNova
#Roasted

UCanShootMyNova
#Toasted

thesithmaster
Because you're an Erkan tier debater.

Why am I Erkan tier? Because I am a Maul supporter?

Even if I was an "Erkan tier" it would be sufficient ground to put me far above you.

Ursumeles
Kek @Erkan >>> Rocky.

Rockydonovang
Why am I Erkan tier? Because I am a Maul supporter?

Even if I was an "Erkan tier" it would be sufficient ground to put me far above you.
You're erkan tier coz like him you constantly rely on unsubstantiated speculation, persist with contradicted assertions, constantly engage in fallacies, and usually fail to fully respond to your opponent's points attacking straw men instead. You also have a total unwillingness to concede even when it's clear you're wrong.

The good news is unlike erkan you're a rookie and you can definitely become better. I was once erkan tier, and I'm now a bit better than that.

The first step in improving is realizing you're not that great.

thesithmaster
You're erkan tier coz like him you constantly rely on unsubstantiated speculation, persist with contradicted assertions, constantly engage in fallacies, and usually fail to fully respond to your opponent's points attacking straw men instead. You also have a total unwillingness to concede even when it's clear you're wrong.

The good news is unlike erkan you're a rookie and you can definitely become better. I was once erkan tier, and I'm now a bit better than that.

The first step in improving is realizing you're not that great.

Unsubstantiated speculation. Alright. Unsubstantiated speculation supported by canonical sources is unsubstantiated speculation. Absolutely true.

And I rarely persist with contradicted assertions. Most of my assertions are true. Just because they don't lowball Maul to death or don't bend the knee to Ahsoka/Vader doesn't mean they are always untrue. Sorry, but that's the reality. Not everything is made to worship Tano or Vader, nor to bash the hell out of Maul.

Why do I fully fail to respond to my opponent's points? Tell me: why?

And I don't concede when I'm not wrong. If I am wrong, I concede. If I am not wrong, I do not concede. Now you want me to concede even when I'm stopping filthy lowballing towards one character? That's not something I plan on doing. If you got a problem with that, just tell me.

I realize I'm not top tier nor the greatest, but I know I'm not utter crap. So I've done the first step to becoming better. Tell me, o wise master, what is the next step? Spit on Maul's face? Bend the knee to Lord Vader? Buy flowers for Lady Tano?

thesithmaster
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Kek @Erkan >>> Rocky.

Three > might be too much, but at least Erkan doesn't do everything within his reach to lowball a single character while wanking the freaking hell out of two others with laughable arguments. Which is something the other guy does at every turn.

ChocolateMuesli
why is rocky roasting? he's straight dogshit

Rockydonovang
Three > might be too much, but at least Erkan doesn't do everything within his reach to lowball a single character while wanking the freaking hell out of two others with laughable arguments. Which is something the other guy does at every turn.
Erkan doesn't lowball the heck out of one character, but many of them.

And speaking of two characters being wanked to an unreasonable degree, I think maul and oppress qualify.

Unsurprisingly, you rate debaters based on where they place maul, not based on how well they argue

thesithmaster
Erkan doesn't lowball the heck out of one character, but many of them.

And speaking of two characters being wanked to an unreasonable degree, I think maul and oppress qualify.

Unsurprisingly, you rate debaters based on where they place maul, not based on how well they argue

Such as? Which characters does Erkan lowball?

And he doesn't wank Opress. Yeah, sure, he places Maul far too high, but he doesn't wank Savage.

And I don't rate debaters where they put Maul. If they pathetically lowball him, I'm not gonna rate them very highly. But this doesn't apply to Maul only. Maul just happens to be lowballed a lot.

Rebel95
I'd like to see a Voldemort vs. Dumbledore style fight between Snoke and Luke using just the force, ending in some sort of stalemate.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Rebel95
I'd like to see a Voldemort vs. Dumbledore style fight between Snoke and Luke using just the force, ending in some sort of stalemate.
no stalemate, lets see luke win something for once.

DarthAnt66
lets see luke win something for once.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1MnMA0TzGI&t=4m20s

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1MnMA0TzGI&t=4m20s
unfortunately, Disney rendered the victory pointless with Everything Luke fought for collapsing to shite, and a deflated Luke turning on his philosophy.

So lets see Luke get a w against the dude who fcked it all up

Rockydonovang
Anyway, my general view is:
I hate the direction of this trilogy but given where it's going,Luke's main opponent should be himself and how he uses his immense power, not whether his immense power is sufficient to stop snoke.

chingchangwalla
He'd better not use a saber. Just force hax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.