Valkorion Time Freezing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
In this video we can see Valkorion slowing time immensely to stop Lana and Theron from interfering. Even the ships in the background appear almost stopped completely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpcV7IHUrIs&feature=youtu.be&t=112

Thoughts on this feat?

NewGuy01
Manipulating the Outlander's perception of time, not time itself. :/

DarthAnt66
Then how would they still be having dialogue?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Manipulating the Outlander's perception of time, not time itself. :/ thumb up

Beniboybling
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Then how would they still be having dialogue? Because he can manipulate the Outlander's perceptions. no expression

DarthAnt66
Care to elaborate other than regurgitating?

DarthAnt66
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EGK5MX6oFI8/WY1QCIH_BiI/AAAAAAAAB_I/fJ3aDiZ8U3k4FTzRV9QiuOFPwPu2Ivj4wCL0BGAYYCw/h548/Superman%2BSpeed.jpg

If you're saying it's like this, then that still means Valkorion can speed up his senses in an unprecedented way.

Rockydonovang
the speed force is strong with valkorian

ChocolateMuesli
why does he look like a force ghost?

Petrus
Yeah even if it's 'just' manipulating the Outlander's perception of time, it's still a pretty spectacular feat.

Trocity
He's using Tsukuyomi.

Selenial
It's really not any different to Scourge's vision in the Revan novel, given Valkorion and The Outlander are effectively sharing the same mind.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Care to elaborate other than regurgitating? Right, I forgot you're not that smart. Listen. If Valkorion can manipulate the Outlander's perceptions to make time seem to stop, he can manipulate the Outlander's perceptions to make it seems as if they have not. It's called an illusion and, unlike Superman, Valkorion is capable of creating very complex ones.

On the other hand if Valky really could stop time, then I wonder why the Outlander didn't just remove the weapon from the guy about to kill Lana, or go behind Arcann and put his lightsaber through his back, or why Valkorion explicitly stated that "time has not stopped." Weird.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Selenial
It's really not any different to Scourge's vision in the Revan novel, given Valkorion and The Outlander are effectively sharing the same mind.
No.

Valkorion's showing is not a vision. It is a dark feat of some kind (it has a name in the coding) and it affirms that Valkorion can either react that fast able to bend the space-time continuum to his advantage.

BioWare developers have explicitly mentioned that Valkorion demonstrates new abilities in the expansions KoTFE and KoTET and they do not have an official identity (yet). I think member DarthAnt66 has a quote.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Right, I forgot you're not that smart. Listen. If Valkorion can manipulate the Outlander's perceptions to make time seem to stop, he can manipulate the Outlander's perceptions to make it seems as if they have not. It's called an illusion and, unlike Superman, Valkorion is capable of creating very complex ones.

On the other hand if Valky really could stop time, then I wonder why the Outlander didn't just remove the weapon from the guy about to kill Lana, or go behind Arcann and put his lightsaber through his back, or why Valkorion explicitly stated that "time has not stopped." Weird.
How is it an illusion?

The Outlander is not looking at the possibilities during this instance. He (and his team members) are being subjected to an assault and they are about to die. However, Valkorion seemingly freezes time to manipulate the outcome and he manipulates the outcome via the Outlander.

This showing is not identified as a vision in coding, if I am not wrong. It has a different identity but BioWare have not given it an official name. Lead writer Hall Hood pointed out in one of his tweets that they have kept some Valkorion's powers a mystery.

Beniboybling
Um, because he created the illusion of time stopping, when it had not. no expression

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Petrus
Yeah even if it's 'just' manipulating the Outlander's perception of time, it's still a pretty spectacular feat.
thumb up

Emperordmb
Valkorion's spirit almost seems to be exactly beyond shadows, given how he and the Outlander when they're chilling as disembodied spirits go wherever they want just by thinking about it, plus time doesn't work the same way, it can either seem much much longer than it is, or much much shorter. Kinda like how Valk and the Outlander's shit was like four or five years even though it didn't seem nearly that long, and this kinda shit just seems to be the same thing but with the perception of time slower than reality so I'm assuming this bullshit is something similar. Not some OP bullshit Valk can do on a whim but rather some bullshit that goes along with him being a ghost.

Rockydonovang
Nah DMB, stop low balling, valk can obviously slow down rtime and blitz everyone. Him not using this vs Arcann or when he was about to get killed by the outlander and his family is irrelevant

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
It is a dark feat of some kind

I laughed for longer then I should have at this. You could nearly hear the desperation.

Selenial
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I laughed for longer then I should have at this. You could nearly hear the desperation.

I'm starting to like you smile

SunRazer
It's freezing the Outlander's perception of time, yeah. In one of these instances Valk tells you to choose quickly because "time has not stopped".

Rockydonovang
Stop it razer, valk is a Wally west level user of the speed force

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Selenial
I'm starting to like you smile

smile

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Stop it razer, valk is a Wally west level user of the speed force

What a lowballer. thumb up

thesithmaster
What a lowballer. thumb up

He does hate Valk.

S_W_LeGenD
What is so funny in my statement? People are jumping to conclusions here about a showing they do not properly understand. Typical.

Why don't you contact Hall Hood and solve this mystery for us?

Haschwalth
Valkorian was applying TK, to the outlander Physical body, while under the influence of the time stop, and Arcann, senya couldn't intervene, if it were merely perception of time, why would he be able to harm the outlander :/

S_W_LeGenD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D34rwrhoaDs

For a long time, I was confused about how to define this power. My current take is REALITY WARPING. No other explanation fit the bill.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
For a long time, I was confused about how to define this power. My current take is REALITY WARPING.
i want to die

S_W_LeGenD

One Big Mob
Isn't he just using stasis on the other dudes?

Notice the background never changes in speed after he freezes the others in the OP video. That indicates the shield itself wasn't effected even though it was closer than the ships that the scene didn't really focus on.

3:57 we see the shield in action here

https://youtu.be/Gy5JgiQ33t0t=3m57s

I may be wrong here or off, but that shield moving at normal flow makes me think he just stasised the other guys, as opposed to freezing time, or slowed perceptions. srug

Trocity
Shall we bump the Valkorion vs Galactus thread after this revelation?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Then how would they still be having dialogue?

Because for years folks have heralded Jedi as having FTL perception speed.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Isn't he just using stasis on the other dudes?

Notice the background never changes in speed after he freezes the others in the OP video. That indicates the shield itself wasn't effected even though it was closer than the ships that the scene didn't really focus on.

3:57 we see the shield in action here

https://youtu.be/Gy5JgiQ33t0t=3m57s

I may be wrong here or off, but that shield moving at normal flow makes me think he just stasised the other guys, as opposed to freezing time, or slowed perceptions. srug

Hmm It seems to suggest Valkorion can only freeze a small space in time.

Selenial

Zenwolf
I never really saw this as anything other than manipulating perceptions really, there's nothing deeper and I don't know why some try to dig for it. Sometimes it can be simple, just because the Force User is powerful doesn't mean they use some great exotic ability.

I took the scene as something akin to Luke seeing TIE fighters flying in slow motion or Guri moving in slow motion, time was still moving normally but to him everything was crawling.

Selenial
Originally posted by Zenwolf
II took the scene as something akin to Luke seeing TIE fighters flying in slow motion or Guri moving in slow motion, time was still moving normally but to him everything was crawling.

Yup. I directed a lot of people to the passage in Jedi vs Sith when discussing this feat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.