Did anyone else see the all time movie list of.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omegaman
Heroes and Villans??? Hannibal Lecter was named the number 1 villan of all time!!! I really think that can be debated!!

Who is your all time villian and hero??

MIne:

1) Bad guy- "the devil" from The Exorcist and many other movies

2) Good Guy- John Wayne- any movie of his!!!

finti
Darth Vader is the all time villain

Corran
Hannibal Lecter was a great villan, just the personification of evil, for me he epitomised the devil, he was enchanting and intelligent enough to draw people in and the victims he chose were effectively bad people, some were perverted, some just greedy and rude.
In fact something I have just thought of is that he could in fact have been based on the Devil, he is the punishment that is exacted upon those that have sinned, if you are good you go to heaven if you are bad the devil gets you and you go to hell, he put his victims through a living hell.
He was never going to harm Agent Starling because she was a good person, she had morals and values and she stuck by them in thick or thin, and she was honest with him.
Hannibal Lecter is me, sorry I mean Lucifer.

Omegaman
Corran , if you are serous, you are one sick puppy! I dont like what the movie "Hannibal" did to the character of Lecter, it made him into some sort of semi-hero. It had him only killing "bad" people like he was doing some good by killing them! He should have been kept as what he is, a serial killer with NO remorse!

And to think that the "devil" only goes after "bad" people is so wrong !

Corran
The devil does not just go after bad people, he will try to entice good people into being bad by using his charm and guile, the Devil will use everything he has to try and get people to sin or do bad.

Omegaman
you are starting to worry me, corran!

Corran
You say that like it is a bad thing.

finti
dont worry he is only a Brit and a toffee man which is actually very close to good ol Beelzebub by the way..............

Corran
I am Lucifer, it says so under my name.

Omegaman
You know they have alot of medicine that can help people like you ! You should look into it!

Corran
I have taken my pills today.

Omegaman
Good, I feel better now!

Back to subject... who is your all time hero??

Corran
When I was younger it was Zorro for some reason, his fight to help the people against the suppression of the rich etc was good because he was one of the Rich himself a man of good moral standing and principles.
I think now though it is Batman, a Rich powerful man driven initially by sorrow and revenge, wanting to help other victims against the ever increasing crime and criminals. Plus he has a dark side to his character too which adds more intensity to the role.

BackFire349
leatherface would be my all time best villian. hero.... travis from taxi driver.

Bad Boy
Villain- Caster Troy

Hero- Mike Lowrey

Kes
Thats deep! big grin

Villan (sp?)- Hannibal and the emperor (sp) from star wars

Good guy- superman, 'cause like the strongest guy on the planet being good, and helping others kinda sacrificing(sp?) himself and when things go wrong is blamed! (kinda lame that it is a super hero though with powers) roll eyes (sarcastic)

JackSparrowLuvr
villian- Captain Barbosa(Geofry Rush- Pirates of the Caribbean)evil face
Good Guy- luitenant AK Waters(Bruce Willis- Tears of the Sun) Happy Dance

Dexx
villan...hmm..i dunno how much of a villan he is but he's my vision upon evil: al pacino in devil's advocate.
and hero...dunno....the only one that comes in my mind right now is bruce willis in unbreakable.

green33
i think bulls'eye from daredevil

My name is Neo
agent smith, ahhh my nemesis.

SlayerChick1188
I thought they did a decnt enough characters list...
I understand why they picked Atticus finch, but i personally think Superman personifies the ideal HERO

Best villain: Darth Vader of course! A little angsty while at the same time delightfully evil!

Kes
I can't belive I forgot about T1000 (if I'm not mistaken) from Terminator 2! He's like the coolest villan!

wicker_man
Villans
BrickTop - Snatch
Lord Summerisle - The Wicker Man
Jaws - Jaws
William Tavington - The Patriot
Death - Final Destination
Bruce Payne -Passenger 57
Archibald Cunningham - Rob Roy

Heroes
Howie - The Wicker Man
Dr Alan Grant - Jurassic Park
Peter Washington - Dawn of The Dead
Indiania Jones (SP)

Kes
Don't you mean Shark? blink

diegocala
laughing out loud laughing out loud

SlayerChick1188
The T1000 was one of those villains that didn't really have a motivation, he was programmed to kill people. I think they chose the villains based on character traits (what was going on in their heads). So in that respect, the T1000 was a rather bland villain (not trying to dis it, its one of my personal favs.)

Kes
well yeh he was programed but still, some pretty mean kills big grin

SlayerChick1188
very true! cool

i loved the elevator scene (the arms/sword-things was great!)

wicker_man
What makes a villain?
We all have diffirent views to tackling this question.
And here is how i choose my choices.

With Death & Jaws excluded the rest were human characters who's actions or even a single action within a film has made me despise them.

These are characters who do not need to amass a high body count or hide behind a mask to be deemed evil.

Those who have seen the films staring my choosen villians will know that the acts they have carried out were evil and not pantomine.

Kes
wiker_man>You know sharks by rule don't attack humans. When they do is by mistake, they just think you're a tasty seal wink That movie wasn't very acurate.
slayer> 2 words Conners stepdad! big grin Robert Patrick rock

SlayerChick1188
oh yeah! that was great!! laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.