Obi-Wan Kenobi Anthology Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-film-planned-director-talks-1030505

IT'S HAPPENING.

Darth Thor
thumb up

ares834
Boring.

Disney continues to rely on nostalgia rather than creating something fresh.

steverules_2
If Ewan McGregor plays Kenobi in these films then it has potential

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ares834
Boring.

B-b-but we have hope, rebellions are built on hope!

carthage
I love Obi Wan, so any movie with him is something I'll support.

Ridley_Prime
I'll take this over the Han Solo that isn't Harrison Ford film, that's for sure, especially if it has McGregor reprising Obi-Wan.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I'll take this over the Han Solo that isn't Harrison Ford film, that's for sure, especially if it has McGregor reprising Obi-Wan.

This

They should have done this INSTEAD of the Han Solo film.

Ares is right that they need to expand. That said, not gonna complain about this one.

BackFire
Awesome if McGregor reprises the role.

-Pr-
Boring.

Honestly, like what? Star Wars relies heavily on recognition for its brand. You won't get a movie without at least something that was in the previous movies, I don't think. Even Rogue One, a movie that tried to be war film and to be somewhat tonally different, was still jam-packed with references/characters.

I don't mean to sound dismissive, I just don't know if there's much Disney are willing to do with SW that will still make money outside of the usual stuff.

Honestly though? McGregor as Kenobi again is something I would love to see.

StiltmanFTW
And Disney is willing to work with him, as he even had his small part in TFA.

ares834
Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly, like what? Star Wars relies heavily on recognition for its brand. You won't get a movie without at least something that was in the previous movies, I don't think. Even Rogue One, a movie that tried to be war film and to be somewhat tonally different, was still jam-packed with references/characters.

I don't mean to sound dismissive, I just don't know if there's much Disney are willing to do with SW that will still make money outside of the usual stuff.

Honestly though? McGregor as Kenobi again is something I would love to see.

The Star Wars brand is enough. Sure, a wholly original film likely isn't as "safe" as a Kenobi film, but as a fan rather than an investor that doesn't trouble me. Regardless, if done well, I think a KotOR film could make bucket loads.

BruceSkywalker
I'm just glad this is being done..

now bring on all the silly dumb haters

Kazenji
I remember the Kenobi novel that was done which is now lumped into the Legends catagory, It was done like a Western.

NemeBro
Boring.

Disney continues to rely on nostalgia rather than creating something fresh. Tbh. thumb up

Kazenji
Also the film isn't happening yet, Nothings been confirmed by Lucasfilm.

Flyattractor
B-b-but we have hope, rebellions are built on hope!

NO. Now we have a RESISTANCE! Hope is long gone.

Much like the new Galactic Government being a "REPUBLIC". Can't have heros called REPUBLICANS in no Disney Movie.

Kazenji
One i would like to see is the one Guillermo Del Toro thought based on the criminal underworld

Lucasfilm take up his offer.

Patient_Leech
Boring.

Exactly my feelings on the matter. I give less than zero shits about this, same with the Han Solo film.

Bashar Teg
'member obi-wan? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Ha!

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

I 'member! He was fantaaastic!

soNc9EXB1iw

Kazenji
Not sure how true it is

but apparently there's also a Jabba the Hutt movie planned.

Ridley_Prime
From what I read a Jabba the Hutt spinoff was only considered, not planned. If that idea goes into the next phase though, then Star Wars will have already died from oversaturation and nostalgia pandering, at least where I'm concerned.

A crappy Han Solo film is one thing but if it gets succeeded by a better spinoff idea down the line then I can live with it. An Obi-Wan film? Acceptable, especially if McGregor's back... But Jabba the Hutt?

no expression

Kazenji
I'd be up for a Jabba the Hutt film as long as Guillermo Del Toro does it

back in 2015, He wanted to do a film with him about his rise throughout the criminal underworld.

Flyattractor
If Ewan MacGregor isn't avaliable I know the perfect actor to fill the role.
https://img.exs.lv/dati/bildes/g2010_01/large_09191814_13211.jpg

NemeBro
From what I read a Jabba the Hutt spinoff was only considered, not planned. If that idea goes into the next phase though, then Star Wars will have already died from oversaturation and nostalgia pandering, at least where I'm concerned.

A crappy Han Solo film is one thing but if it gets succeeded by a better spinoff idea down the line then I can live with it. An Obi-Wan film? Acceptable, especially if McGregor's back... But Jabba the Hutt?

no expression A Jabba the Hutt film is literally billions of times more interesting than a Han Solo or especially Obi-Wan Kenobi film. thumb down

Darth Thor
I get what they're doing. First a spin off based on the most popular character in the OT, then the PT. Then most popular supporting character in both trilogies, and finally the most popular background character.

Makes sense. Milk everything.

Out of those mentioned I think Boba Fett would be the most different personally. We hardly see him in OT, and his film will likely explore the SW criminal underworld.

-Pr-
The Star Wars brand is enough. Sure, a wholly original film likely isn't as "safe" as a Kenobi film, but as a fan rather than an investor that doesn't trouble me. Regardless, if done well, I think a KotOR film could make bucket loads.

It might be for you and I, but I'm not so sure it is with Disney. KOTOR would work because it's chock-full of Jedi, I think. I just don't know if the universe has as much room to play with as Disney are willing to find out.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by NemeBro
A Jabba the Hutt film is literally billions of times more interesting than a Han Solo or especially Obi-Wan Kenobi film. thumb down
Why, because of the criminal underworld thing? Does have potential, but even then I think it could be more interestingly covered in a Boba Fett film. The Han Solo film never interested me to begin with, so can give you that, but Obi-Wan would garner interest depending on the kind of material a film for him covers.

Meh. As pointed out, Disney's eventually gonna milk just about every notable character or idea for the series in the end anyway...

Kazenji
Probably end up with a Max Rebo film the way things are going.

StiltmanFTW
Why, because of the criminal underworld thing?

No, because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcod8IS214

Now tell me you wouldn't see such a masterpiece (2 hours long, let's say) in the theaters at least 10 times.

marwash22
so, this will be a collection of unrelated events in Obi Wan's life, like a bunch of short films?

Originally posted by Kazenji
Not sure how true it is

but apparently there's also a Jabba the Hutt movie planned. if that happens and we don't get a bounty hunter movie...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by marwash22
so, this will be a collection of unrelated events in Obi Wan's life, like a bunch of short films?

Nah most likely it focuses on him vs Vader one more time.

Bashar Teg
i never complained about ep7 reeking of ep4 because i feel it was actually a very well executed semi-reboot. however i was also hoping they'd make at least one new story, removed from the main trilogy timeline and characters. how many 'member-flicks do they need to crank out before we can finally see some originality and creative exploration in star wars?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Nah most likely it focuses on him vs Vader one more time.

I was honestly hoping that during the new trilogy, we'd get a flashback to Luke watching Vader and Ben on the Death Star, but it's McGregor fighting Vader in a better choreographed fight.

StiltmanFTW
I was honestly hoping that during the new trilogy, we'd get a flashback to Luke watching Vader and Ben on the Death Star, but it's McGregor fighting Vader in a better choreographed fight.

I hope queeq sees this. Mod fight to the death guaranteed, lol.

Darth Thor
laughing out loud

Flyattractor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JzGRZDO8fUY/Vvuckl-c8gI/AAAAAAAACtM/hR7rVYGm2pEoduHLjiK9Qk-6kLprNzKvg/s640/get.gif

NemeBro
Why, because of the criminal underworld thing? Does have potential, but even then I think it could be more interestingly covered in a Boba Fett film. The Han Solo film never interested me to begin with, so can give you that, but Obi-Wan would garner interest depending on the kind of material a film for him covers.

Meh. As pointed out, Disney's eventually gonna milk just about every notable character or idea for the series in the end anyway... That, the fact that the protagonist would be a non-English speaking alien, as well as a villainous character presumably. All of these are firsts for the franchise (a hero descending into villainy like Anakin doesn't count), and the conflict would naturally be much more down to earth and relatable. It would be like the Sopranos (cause Jabba's fat, you see) set in Star Wars as a movie.

This is far more interesting than a story about a character where we've already seen the important bits to it.

-Pr-

Hey, McGregor is pretty much the best thing about the prequels, and he can pass for a younger Guiness.

Darth Thor
Hey, McGregor is pretty much the best thing about the prequels, and he can pass for a younger Guiness.

He means because Queeq hates any changes to the OT.

StiltmanFTW
Yes. Including (but not limited to) the fighting choreography.

If he catches you dissing that duel from ANH, Pr... you'll end up like this:

https://49.media.tumblr.com/9a21b00e8d8787f167d2d146474b98a5/tumblr_o4ggii79s01sohofko4_400.gif

So you better watch yourself...

playa1258
Looking forward to this a lot more than the Han Solo film.

ares834

confused

playa1258
Obi-wan is the third best character in the entire series.

NemeBro
confused Yeah, that's screen time and budgeting that could be spent on something that's actually new, fresh, and interesting.

So Pr will probably get his wish.

-Pr-
He means because Queeq hates any changes to the OT.

https://49.media.tumblr.com/9a21b00e8d8787f167d2d146474b98a5/tumblr_o4ggii79s01sohofko4_400.gif

Eh, while I will argue that the choreography in general isn't bad (and is actually good in places), the fight between Ben and Vader is really, really bad. And I'm not talking about altering anything in the OT, as nobody's talking about editing ANH.

confused

?

Originally posted by NemeBro
Yeah, that's screen time and budgeting that could be spent on something that's actually new, fresh, and interesting.

So Pr will probably get his wish.

TFA has already shown us that Disney has no interest in trying anything new/fresh. Why not rehash something that could actually use it.

StiltmanFTW
Eh, while I will argue that the choreography in general isn't bad (and is actually good in places), the fight between Ben and Vader is really, really bad. And I'm not talking about altering anything in the OT, as nobody's talking about editing ANH.

Do you have a death wish? Seriously bro, chill before someone PMs queeq.

?

You never visit SW forum, do you?

Look, this is what queeq has done to the last guy who said Vader/Ben fight was lame:

VjUcz2xydfA

Even Bada won't save you from this. Log out and run for your life or use your mod powers and edit your posts, man.

-Pr-
I'm an OT purist; I maintain my own sanity by not going near the SW forum.

That, and to this day I still think ROTS really isn't very good.

Darth Thor
I'm an OT purist; I maintain my own sanity by not going near the SW forum.

That, and to this day I still think ROTS really isn't very good.

Now you're getting it. These are the kind of words that will save you from queeq's wrath thumb up

StiltmanFTW
No, DT. You're wrong. You need to read again this part of Pr's post:

the fight between Ben and Vader is really, really bad.

Do you really think a bloodthirsty animal like queeq would be merciful...? No. He would not. I've seen him breaking every bone of Galan's body for nothing and he did not even mention the Ben/Vader fight. Don't ask what happened to those who did.

StiltmanFTW
I loved that duel, btw.

Lord Queeq, please do not punish me.

Kazenji
The Ben & Vader fight from Episode 4?

it is a bad fight but you also have to take into account when it was made and etc.

-Pr-
The dialogue is fine. The context, the acting, the setting and the camera work are all fine. It's the choreography that isn't great.

TBH though, I really don't care how they do it. I just want another sick lightsaber fight with Kenobi in it. He was easily the best non-Maul performer in duels in the prequels imo.

Flyattractor

We could end up looking like some crappy Found Footage Film shoot??

Darth Thor
I loved that duel, btw.

Lord Queeq, please do not punish me.

laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
It's the choreography that isn't great.

Go to the SW forum and post it in front of queeq.

Do it.

Queeq will be like:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/ceba5dfca6a989d39e59840a88f18851/tumblr_og15l9obao1rawb5do1_500.gif

roughrider
They heard me in my basement! stick out tongue ...I mean, my living room.

"Don't waste time with a Boba Fett spinoff story for the third standalone movie. Do Obi-Wan, sometime during his exile on Tatooine when he was watching Luke and staying in discreet contract with Yoda, Bail Organa and Qui-Gon." I said it to the air time and again...and they heard!

Happy Dance

BruceSkywalker
if Pr and Queeq battle it out, can i be a judge??

hahaha

Darth Thor
Originally posted by roughrider
They heard me in my basement! stick out tongue ...I mean, my living room.

"Don't waste time with a Boba Fett spinoff story for the third standalone movie. Do Obi-Wan, sometime during his exile on Tatooine when he was watching Luke and staying in discreet contract with Yoda, Bail Organa and Qui-Gon." I said it to the air time and again...and they heard!

Happy Dance

I'll actually be disappointed if we don't get a conversation between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

BruceSkywalker
is this out yet??

hahahahaha

Kazenji
I'll actually be disappointed if we don't get a conversation between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

They at least did something like that in the Kenobi novel which is now Legends material.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
if Pr and Queeq battle it out, can i be a judge??

hahaha

Sure! But remember...

https://s26.postimg.org/tsqykpn2x/whoever.png

BruceSkywalker
Sure! But remember...

https://s26.postimg.org/tsqykpn2x/whoever.png

well justn call arnold lol

quanchi112
Better than Solo but I really want to delve into an earlier era.

StiltmanFTW
Welcome back, Quan.

Thought you didn't care about Sauron? stick out tongue

quanchi112
Welcome back, Quan.

Thought you didn't care about Sauron? stick out tongue Well you learned I have a great affinity for Sauron today.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Feels weird after you spent so much time belittling him, but hey, I'm not complaining.

quanchi112
thumb up

Feels weird after you spent so much time belittling him, but hey, I'm not complaining. Well he loses against the true dark lord Voldemort but is pretty awesome character on his own.

Robtard
Sauron almost brought a world to its knees. Voldermort couldn't take on a school. But what do those facts have to do with Obi-Wan Kenobi. AS for me, am excited, but I also really want Disney to bring us completely new/fresh SW material.

StiltmanFTW
I was about to mention how much you missed quan... then you just teleported here.

You have a quan-detector add-on in your browser or what? laughing out loud

Robtard
Because I don't post in the movie section and about Star Wars? Weird. But I'm glad I'm still in your head, Stilty

StiltmanFTW
You have a special place in it, Robbie... love

Robtard
That's what your mom said :/

StiltmanFTW
Leave my mom out of it laughing out loud

It's just you, me and quan. Hot threesome right now.

Robtard
Sorry, bro. It's just you and quan bumping buttholes. I'm trying to talk about my boy Kenobi and his future in film

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Sauron almost brought a world to its knees. Voldermort couldn't take on a school. But what do those facts have to do with Obi-Wan Kenobi. AS for me, am excited, but I also really want Disney to bring us completely new/fresh SW material. Sauron never got his own ring back or his own body. Voldemort successfully did so. Voldemort also faced much stiffer competition since it was a world of wizards whereas in Lotr only a handful poses magical abilities. Sauron was impressive but Voldemort's reign over the wizarding world and fear he inspired in his own troops and the wizarding world is just on another level. You can't kill Voldemort by cutting off his ring finger. Let's not compare the two since we both know Voldemort is his superior.

Robtard
*yawn*

quanchi112
*accepts concession*

It is good to be back.

StiltmanFTW
Sorry, bro. It's just you and quan bumping buttholes. I'm trying to talk about my boy Kenobi and his future in film

Would you like to see McGregor reprising the role?

quanchi112
Definitely. He was a fine Kenobi.

StiltmanFTW
Same.

Love them or hate them, McGregor's performance was great in the prequels.

Robtard

If it's set between Ep3 and Ep4, sure. McGregor was a great Kenobi and his aging could be easily worked in.

BruceSkywalker

not if its Connor McGregor lol

Darth Thor
If it's set between Ep3 and Ep4, sure.

It will be for sure. Disney's still a bit scared to go full on prequel era. But if they use Ewan in the OT era, then that would be a nice mix of both.

Also anyone think there's any chance Kenobi won't be fighting Vader again?

-Pr-
Wait, what? Sauron has a physical form in Middle Earth in both the books AND the movies. It's even referenced that he only has four fingers on his hand.

Sorry, I know that's off-topic...

But yes, Ewan as Kenobi set between 3 and 4 seems the most likely thing they'll do, I imagine.

StiltmanFTW
Wait, what? Sauron has a physical form in Middle Earth in both the books AND the movies. It's even referenced that he only has four fingers on his hand.

Where is it referenced?

No, in the movies, he dissipated after Isildur cut his fingers off. His Necromancer form was hardly physical, same with his later Eye form.

Saruman even comments on this in the FotR film - "Sauron has regained much of his former strength. He cannot yet take physical form, but his spirit has lost none of its potency."

-Pr-
Where is it referenced?

No, in the movies, he dissipated after Isildur cut his fingers off. His Necromancer form was hardly physical, same with his later Eye form.

Saruman even comments on this in the FotR film - "Sauron has regained much of his former strength. He cannot yet take physical form, but his spirit has lost none of its potency."

Saruman was just wrong, then. Jackson even intended for Sauron to be there at the battle of the Black Gate, but made last minute changes. And I would argue that his Necromancer form was physical enough.

In the books, Denethor references it. Legolas does too. IIRC, the eye is a metaphor for his Palantir, not his actual physical form.

StiltmanFTW
Saruman was just wrong, then. Jackson even intended for Sauron to be there at the battle of the Black Gate, but made last minute changes. And I would argue that his Necromancer form was physical enough.

In the books, Denethor references it. Legolas does too. IIRC, the eye is a metaphor for his Palantir, not his actual physical form.

I know what Jackson intended, I've seen the appendices. Even if we take that into consideration, that's a lot of time between FotR and RotK ending. He cannot yet take physical form. In the movies, nothing contradicts Saruman's statement.

Angry spirit made out of black smoke... not very physical if you ask me stick out tongue

I seem to recall there was a statement in the books about Sauron having only four fingers, now that I think about it. Isildur was such a gentleman there... Jackson's Isildur wasn't satisfied with one finger laughing out loud

Denethor. So, Return of the King. Okay, thanks thumb up

StiltmanFTW
But yes, Ewan as Kenobi set between 3 and 4 seems the most likely thing they'll do, I imagine.

Problem is... Rebels and comics already explored that period. And they're equally canon as movies themselves in Disney's canon hierarchy.

If Obi decided to leave Tatooine, who would keep an eye on young Luke?

Robtard
Problem is... Rebels and comics already explored that period. And they're equally canon as movies themselves in Disney's canon hierarchy.

His uncle and aunt, Owen and Beru Lars are capable of taking care of young Luke if Obi wanted to go out on an adventure here and there

-Pr-
I know what Jackson intended, I've seen the appendices. Even if we take that into consideration, that's a lot of time between FotR and RotK ending. He cannot yet take physical form. In the movies, nothing contradicts Saruman's statement.

Angry spirit made out of black smoke... not very physical if you ask me stick out tongue

I seem to recall there was a statement in the books about Sauron having only four fingers, now that I think about it. Isildur was such a gentleman there... Jackson's Isildur wasn't satisfied with one finger laughing out loud

Denethor. So, Return of the King. Okay, thanks thumb up

The books are pretty adamant about it, I realise. There's more than a few references, now that I think about it.

The movies... I'll grant you are murkier about it. Maybe Jackson when filming FOTR didn't intend to use a physical form for Sauron, but considering Saruman was evil, I'm not sure he wouldn't lie about it anyway. At the very least, I think that the Hobbit was almost a retcon of sorts. At Dol Guldur, we see his actual body several times, in the eye, and with the wraiths in front of him. And with how close we came to having him in ROTK, I'd tend to lean on the side of him having one, as I really don't put much stock in one line from Saruman.

I really don't think Disney gives a shit, tbh. I can see them coming up with something horribly convoluted just to make a movie out of it. They might end up doing an entire movie on Tatooine.

Darth Thor
Also Disney Canon has shown very little Kenobi in that time period. His appearance on Rebels was literally just an appearance.

The Star Wars comics with Ben have been few and far between, and they're mainly just Ben looking over Luke.

But yeah If/When Ben leaves Tatooine, they'll need to make a damn good reason for it.

StiltmanFTW
His uncle and aunt, Owen and Beru Lars are capable of taking care of young Luke if Obi wanted to go out on an adventure here and there

Owen could probably suffocate Maul with his beer gut thumb up

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/6/62795/5012547-star+wars.jpg

The books are pretty adamant about it, I realise. There's more than a few references, now that I think about it.

The movies... I'll grant you are murkier about it. Maybe Jackson when filming FOTR didn't intend to use a physical form for Sauron, but considering Saruman was evil, I'm not sure he wouldn't lie about it anyway. At the very least, I think that the Hobbit was almost a retcon of sorts. At Dol Guldur, we see his actual body several times, in the eye, and with the wraiths in front of him. And with how close we came to having him in ROTK, I'd tend to lean on the side of him having one, as I really don't put much stock in one line from Saruman.

They said in the appendices they wanted to focus on the evil presence aspect, felt everywhere in the Middle-earth, as that was what made Sauron so menacing.

Galadriel messed him up, perhaps he needed time to recover - again. Much shorter than when he has lost the One, obviously.

I really don't think Disney gives a shit, tbh. I can see them coming up with something horribly convoluted just to make a movie out of it. They might end up doing an entire movie on Tatooine.

Fighting Tusken Raiders for the entire movie... oh hell, I'd dig it laughing

quanchi112
Where is it referenced?

Saruman even comments on this in the FotR film - "Sauron has regained much of his former strength. He cannot yet take physical form, but his spirit has lost none of its potency." Some people didn't watch the films. It's clear he never reclaimed his physical body. Some people obviously cannot comprehend the Lotr films. Probably a Superman fan still upset over Batman's win.

-Pr-
Owen could probably suffocate Maul with his beer gut thumb up

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/6/62795/5012547-star+wars.jpg

They said in the appendices they wanted to focus on the evil presence aspect, felt everywhere in the Middle-earth, as that was what made Sauron so menacing.

Galadriel messed him up, perhaps he needed time to recover - again. Much shorter than when he has lost the One, obviously.

Fighting Tusken Raiders for the entire movie... oh hell, I'd dig it laughing

No, I get that. I still think it was something of a retcon though. Assuming Saruman was right.

Hey, it'll either be Tuskens or Jabba, probably. Or some sort of Bounty Hunter. Maybe Vader? I don't know, unless at the end they make it seem like Kenobi dies.

==

lol, try harder Quan. Try not to be too bitter about me knowing LOTR better than you.

quanchi112
I have multiple quotes stating he wasn't strong enough to get his physical body back. Jackson didn't sync this up with the books and drastically altered Azog just for an example in the film. He didn't have a physical body in the hobbit, hell even the nine weren't even physical in nature in battle of the five armies until fellowship of the ring.

Sauron never reacquired his physical body. When characters say he hasn't that isn't dialogue meant to lie to the viewer. You're wrong and hilariously so with an obvious plot point.

-Pr-
Nice strawman, Quannie. Keep trying.

quanchi112
Nice strawman, Quannie. Keep trying. So statements claiming he can't from the characters in the film and no proof he ever had regained his physically humanoid body is proof to you. I guess despite having a body he didn't feel it was important to do something. This all makes sense to you. This explains a lot. Odd.

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
So statements claiming he can't from the characters in the film and no proof he ever had regained his physically humanoid body is proof to you. I guess despite having a body he didn't feel it was important to do something. This all makes sense to you. This explains a lot. Odd.

You know, if you weren't such a massive ****, I might actually be willing to talk it out with you. But no, you just had to be... You.

quanchi112
You know, if you weren't such a massive ****, I might actually be willing to talk it out with you. But no, you just had to be... You. Do not try pinning this on me. You came in here beating your chest saying I was wrong. Sauron was unable to reacquire his body and despite Jackson initially having some kind of standoff between he and Aragorn it was later scrapped so he never quite mustered the strength to do so officially. Even if you think I am prick that shouldn't stop you from admitting you might be wrong. I have some Irish in me so I may forgive you. I also love the soap Irish Spring.

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do not try pinning this on me. You came in here beating your chest saying I was wrong. Sauron was unable to reacquire his body and despite Jackson initially having some kind of standoff between he and Aragorn it was later scrapped so he never quite mustered the strength to do so officially. Even if you think I am prick that shouldn't stop you from admitting you might be wrong. I have some Irish in me so I may forgive you. I also love the soap Irish Spring.

I wasn't calling you a prick. And I already admitted to Stilt that the movies were far murkier about it, but you had to be a **** about it.

I can be civil with the guy that hates everything I like (Stilt), but you can't help being the way you are. That isn't my fault.

quanchi112
I wasn't calling you a prick. And I already admitted to Stilt that the movies were far murkier about it, but you had to be a **** about it.

I can be civil with the guy that hates everything I like (Stilt), but you can't help being the way you are. That isn't my fault. I am who I am.

Darth Thor
Ah Quan's back and the peaceful era of the movie form is over.

Hey, it'll either be Tuskens or Jabba, probably. Or some sort of Bounty Hunter. Maybe Vader? I don't know, unless at the end they make it seem like Kenobi dies.

Looking at his appearance in Rebels, I think he's a bit too powerful to be dealing with Tuskens. I really don't see another choice except Vader for the big boss.

Kazenji
I'd rather not see Vader at all

I remember from the Kenobi novel (Which is now Legends)....They had the Tuskens and some settler's were trying to start a war with them.

quanchi112
They do not need Vader in this at all. D. Thor probably wants him in everything in this era.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'd rather not see Vader at all

I remember from the Kenobi novel (Which is now Legends)....They had the Tuskens and some settler's were trying to start a war with them.

I didn't say I "want" Vader. I just think it's inevitable.

They've done that with the comics as well, but don't see Disney having the balls to do something so small scale for the films.

quanchi112
D. Thor: need more Vader. Must have more Vader. Never enough Vader.

Goes back to bed under his Vader sheets.

-Pr-
Ah Quan's back and the peaceful era of the movie form is over.

Looking at his appearance in Rebels, I think he's a bit too powerful to be dealing with Tuskens. I really don't see another choice except Vader for the big boss.

Unless they wank Bounty Hunters like they like to.

StiltmanFTW
Vader shouldn't be in this movie.

We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Darth Thor should get slapped hard enough to make him puke out his Mjolnir replica (yes, DT. I know you swallowed it. Gross af).

quanchi112
thumb up

playa1258
No Vader please.

-Pr-

We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Darth Thor should get slapped hard enough to make him puke out his Mjolnir replica (yes, DT. I know you swallowed it. Gross af).

Shouldn't, no, but would you really be surprised if they did?

StiltmanFTW
Yes. I would.

I dare say Disney cares more about SW than Lucas did with his "Jar-Jar is the key to all of this" master plan.

-Pr-
Yes. I would.

I dare say Disney cares more about SW than Lucas did with his "Jar-Jar is the key to all of this" master plan.

I'm not sure "care" is the right word. I think they want the franchise to make as much money as possible, so will do whatever it takes.

I don't expect to see Vader in a Kenobi movie (or even the empire as an antagonist), I just wouldn't put it past them.

Darth Thor

Yes. I would.

The wording can be worked around. But it's cute you think semantics and devotion to Canon will stop Disney cashing in.

StiltmanFTW
Hulk will smash Thor.

Darth Thor
No he won't smash a depowered Thor. And wrong thread Stilt!

StiltmanFTW
Your presence here is making it the right thread wink

Reported for backseat modding, btw biscuits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.