Majestic VERSUS Thragg(TO THE DEATH)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Majestic- Wildstorm

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Mister-Majestic-Wildstorm-Comics-Wildcats-b.jpg

VERSUS

Thragg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111227367/4508393-2511978-1654556_invincible.77.10_super__1_.jpg

TO THE DEATH!!!!

Steve Zodiac
Majestros, his body is not made of taffy and he can move planets. His blades would also dice and slice.

ShadowFyre
Yeah. Invincible universe is super squishy. I used to like the fights but now they're kinda stupid

Horrificus
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Yeah. Invincible universe is super squishy. I used to like the fights but now they're kinda stupid ah, yes. I see u have read some of my many (and, very first) arguments relating to the soft, over-ripe fruitiness of Invincible universe tissue!

The books and characters r top-notch. But, the characters r basically super-powered waterballons filled with blood and gut.

This fact has caused much "gnashing of teeth" for many forum members. But in the end, they will b better human beings for it.

big grin

zopzop
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
.....they're kinda stupid
thumb up

Majestic wins.

Galan007
laughing out loud

When will people grasp the concept that Viltrumites are NOT all created equal? Some of the lower-level Viltrumites could be deemed 'squishy', sure... But Thragg(the Viltrumite in this thread) obviously ISN'T a low-level Viltrumite, and obviously does NOT suffer their weaknesses -- his durability is actually quite uber, tbh. I thoroughly proved this in a thread not long ago, in fact(via dozenS of scans/feats/showings.) But hey, whaddafuk do I know!?!?!? dur

Anywho, Majestic might be able to win if he gets the Kusar Blades and spam-blitzes with them at the onset. One-on-one, though? Thragg wins.

panthergod
Thragg mudstomps Majestros, after a bloody fight worse than Spartan did.

Majestroes isn't much better than Omniman.

wuleecat
Originally posted by Horrificus
ah, yes. I see u have read some of my many (and, very first) arguments relating to the soft, over-ripe fruitiness of Invincible universe tissue!

The books and characters r top-notch. But, the characters r basically super-powered waterballons filled with blood and gut.

This fact has caused much "gnashing of teeth" for many forum members. But in the end, they will b better human beings for it.

big grin

I loved reading them, they were very funny!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by panthergod
Thragg mudstomps Majestros, after a bloody fight worse than Spartan did.

Majestroes isn't much better than Omniman.

Majestros is significantly superior to Omni-Man.

carver9
Got a question. The Invisible Universe, I see a lot of people talking about them being squashy. Have they been hurt by beings outside of their super powered self, like humans or something or are they being damaged by other super powered beings that makes them squashy? If it's the latter then every being in comics is squashy then.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
Got a question. The Invisible Universe, I see a lot of people talking about them being squashy. Have they been hurt by beings outside of their super powered self, like humans or something or are they being damaged by other super powered beings that makes them squashy? If it's the latter then every being in comics is squashy then.

Galan explained all of this for you, Gammite.

NOW, leave this thread and go and PROVE how Thor is stronger than Ultraman and Doomsday!!!

deathslash
Got a question. The Invisible Universe, I see a lot of people talking about them being squashy. Have they been hurt by beings outside of their super powered self, like humans or something or are they being damaged by other super powered beings that makes them squashy? If it's the latter then every being in comics is squashy then. only superpowered beings have ever hurt them. Hell, zod just blew a hole through his own head, but nobody is calling him squishy.

carver9
Originally posted by deathslash
only superpowered beings have ever hurt them. Hell, zod just blew a hole through his own head, but nobody is calling him squishy.

Exactly.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by deathslash
only superpowered beings have ever hurt them. Hell, zod just blew a hole through his own head, but nobody is calling him squishy.

Everything depends on context. I believe Zod's appearances through his many permutations has as many appearances as The Invincible characters.

Look at his durability against THE MOST POWERFUL HERO in all of comics and compare it to those in the invincibleverse. Who has the better average?

deathslash
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Everything depends on context. I believe Zod's appearances through his many permutations has as many appearances as The Invincible characters.

Look at his durability against THE MOST POWERFUL HERO in all of comics and compare it to those in the invincibleverse. Who has the better average? few things to factor in here.

1. Zod has had help on more than one occasion.

2. Superman is almost always holding back.

3. Zod isn't always fighting someone far outside of his weight class like Mark usually is.

4. Invincible's inferior alternate reality versions borderline soloed the entire world. They took on Spawn, Savage Dragon, The guardians of the globe, and many others. It kind of says something when the superior version of mark still only gives Thragg a bloody nose.

5. Thragg has a far better level of pain tolerance than Zod and is almost certainly more skilled.

Surtur
The fights can be brutal in Invincible, but I don't think it makes them squishy, it just shows off how damn strong some of them are.

With that said, I still think Maj has a speed and strength advantage. His eyebeams can also transmute things.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Galan007
Majestic might be able to win if he gets the Kusar Blades and spam-blitzes with them at the onset. One-on-one, though? Thragg wins.

thumb up

Horrificus
...squish

Steve Zodiac
laughing out loud

When will people grasp the concept that Viltrumites are NOT all created equal? Some of the lower-level Viltrumites could be deemed 'squishy', sure... But Thragg(the Viltrumite in this thread) obviously ISN'T a low-level Viltrumite, and obviously does NOT suffer their weaknesses -- his durability is actually quite uber, tbh. I thoroughly proved this in a thread not long ago, in fact(via dozenS of scans/feats/showings.) But hey, whaddafuk do I know!?!?!? dur

Anywho, Majestic might be able to win if he gets the Kusar Blades and spam-blitzes with them at the onset. One-on-one, though? Thragg wins. I'm honestly not convinced, all the characters in that Universe seem squishy now. It's like they have been retconned into being made of play doh, even ones who before Invincible were not squishy until their Universe became his. The power levels have also been retconned, it's all very well to say it's the Liefeild Supreme, but it honestly isn't it's Kirkman's.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
thumb up

You are a DISGRACE to Majestros!!!

Horrificus
But seriously, Thragg DOES have an advantage:
After BURSTING due to the first punch by Maj, the many floating organs and widespread gore would temp impede the vision of Maj.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Horrificus
But seriously, Thragg DOES have an advantage:
After BURSTING due to the first punch by Maj, the many floating organs and widespread gore would temp impede the vision of Maj.

laughing This /end thread!

Stoic
Based on Omni Man's battle with Supreme, Thragg should absolutely dominate Majestic physically. When Majestic was in the Image universe, he wasn't Images most powerful Superman clone, Supreme was. At that time, Supreme would have dominated 60-70% of the battle with Majestic if it were without any weapons. With that said Thragg vs Majestic would likely come close to resembling a match up between the Surfer and Pre IG Thanos. Do I believe that Thragg would beat an unamped Superman at his best? Nope. Majestic is no Superman. Zod? Yeah Thragg would probably beat him up like he'd beat up on Majestic.

No weapons=Thragg 8/10 FTW.

LordofBrooklyn
Khazra YOU TRAITOR defend Lord Majestros!!!

Zack M
Majestic slices and dices.

carver9
Thragg stomps

LordofBrooklyn
Thragg stomps ANY version of Hulk

I approve of this message, Gammite!

Stoic
Does Majestic get weapons or is this strictly power vs power? With weapons Majestic wins, without he loses badly.

Galan007
^ thumb up

Anywho, Majestic might be able to win if he gets the Kusar Blades and spam-blitzes with them at the onset. One-on-one, though? Thragg wins.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Stoic
Does Majestic get weapons or is this strictly power vs power? With weapons Majestic wins, without he loses badly.

Majestros just has his MIGHTY planet moving hands!

Steve Zodiac
I've yet to see any evidence Thragg is as strong or fast as Majestic and I have read every Invincible issue. As for durability the Image Universe of now certainly isn't the image Universe of then, whatever creators say Liefeld Supreme is not the Supreme of Kirkman's Universe.

deathslash
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
I've yet to see any evidence Thragg is as strong or fast as Majestic and I have read every Invincible issue. As for durability the Image Universe of now certainly isn't the image Universe of then, whatever creators say Liefeld Supreme is not the Supreme of Kirkman's Universe. how fast is majestic? Because mark can travel several times faster than light and Thragg has still blitzed him.

DarkSaint85
Majestic has feats several times lightspeed too; reaction ones, no less.

Galan007
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
whatever creators say Liefeld Supreme is not the Supreme of Kirkman's Universe. Wait, so your contention is that the comic book writers are...wrong? That's an interesting opinion to say the least. none

Annnnnyyyway, as explicitly stated/shown on panel: Liefeld's Supreme and Larsen's 'mean' Supreme are literally the EXACT SAME character... And Nolan(who, as we've seen multiple times now, is VASTLY inferior to Thragg) stalemated him on panel. Like it or not, that's what canonically happened.

IOW, Thragg >>> Nolan = Liefeld-Supreme >> ALL other versions of Supreme(as explicitly stated/shown on panel.) smile

Surtur
What if Majestic tries to transmute Thragg? Is there a reason to believe he can't transmute organic tissue?

Steve Zodiac
Wait, so your contention is that the comic book writers are...wrong? That's an interesting opinion to say the least. none

Annnnnyyyway, as explicitly stated/shown on panel: Liefeld's Supreme and Larsen's 'mean' Supreme are literally the EXACT SAME character... And Nolan(who, as we've seen multiple times now, is VASTLY inferior to Thragg) stalemated him on panel. Like it or not, that's what canonically happened.

IOW, Thragg >>> Nolan = Liefeld-Supreme >> ALL other versions of Supreme(as explicitly stated/shown on panel.) smile

Well, that for a start isn't true as the Moore Supreme is separate.

But let's go a little deeper and look at Liefield Supreme, what did he actually do?
Beat up Chrome, beat up Thor, lose his powers and steal Thor's hammer...

We have no real way to gauge how powerful he was tbh.

Now about creators being wrong, that's simplistic, we are looking at comics written about 25 years ago and trying to say the characters are the same as the characters now, is that true of any character who has been written by different people. It's fine for me to say Iron Man is the same Iron Man who knocked out an enraged Hulk by channelling all his power into one blow, no way that would be allowed to happen but the feat still stands.

Where has anyone in the Invincible Universe moved planets? Created machines in the blink of an eye? Even if we consider the Image Universe to be the same, the way the characters are written and the characters who have vanished from it and gone to other companies preclude that really.

John Byrne would change what he said about characters weekly, what creators say and how it is, isn't always true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.