Starkiller - Not a clone?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
I've been watching a lot of TFU livestreams with Sam Witwer and the writers / developers of TFU and they revealed that Starkiller may not be a clone.

In fact, with the way they were so hesitant and refused to call him a clone, it seems like he is more likely than not still Galen Marek, perhaps revived via midi-manipulation?

UCanShootMyNova
I always leaned towards essence transfer tbh.

NewGuy01
Or he just survived.

Rockydonovang
well that's terrible writing

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Or he just survived.
So Vader and Sidious couldn't sense him still being alive when they were right above him?
Empire's getting toothless it seems.

Anyway, I'd like to see the quotes ant's using before we go a long with his assumption

DarthAnt66
Lmfao. ^

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/164909965

Particularly at the end, but riddled throughout the Death Star sequence.

The Merchant
Personally, what I thought would have been a good reveal twist for the TFU series was that the Dark Apprentice was revealed to be the true Galen Marek, fallen completely to the Dark Side. Half way in TFU III that is revealed to both the clone and DA. What happens from there is anyone's else's guess since that's as far as I thought lol.

NewGuy01
So basically you want the apprentice to go the way of SWTOR's Revan, lol.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by NewGuy01
So basically you want the apprentice to go the way of SWTOR's Revan, lol.
yea man, made me go:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/71bfcd73a08de49b4d5465756f6d11a3/tumblr_mswvkmBRyx1sb30y2o1_400.gif
cool

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by The Merchant
Personally, what I thought would have been a good reveal twist for the TFU series was that the Dark Apprentice was revealed to be the true Galen Marek, fallen completely to the Dark Side. Half way in TFU III that is revealed to both the clone and DA. What happens from there is anyone's else's guess since that's as far as I thought lol.

That's terrible.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Lmfao. ^

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/164909965

Particularly at the end, but riddled throughout the Death Star sequence.
quotes bro, I'm too lazy to watch a fcking podcast

thesithmaster
Starkiller's a clone. Vader showed the DA Galen's dead body.

Trocity
The dead body was the clone, now wut?

thesithmaster
Originally posted by Trocity
The dead body was the clone, now wut?

No, it was Galen Marek.

UCanShootMyNova
It was a joke. High functioning autists most of us are I know it can be hard to differentiate between the two sometimes.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by thesithmaster
No, it was Galen Marek.
Was that in the game?

thesithmaster
Was that in the game?

No, but it happened and there is a picture of it. Prolly happened in the novel and there was some art for it, because IIRC there was no such thing in the comic and there is a quote by Vader saying Dark Apprentice>Galen which can only come from the novel.

DarthAnt66
If it wasn't in the game, then I don't care, my point stands. Even if it was in the game, my point still stands, since they also wrote the game and still consider it ambiguous-leaning-real-body, so there's clearly something we're missing.

Rockydonovang
If it wasn't in the game, then I don't care, my point stands. Even if it was in the game, my point still stands, since they also wrote the game and still consider it ambiguous-leaning-real-body, so there's clearly something we're missing. Please provide quotes that say marek didn't die, or that at least potentially imply it, or at least link to the moments in the podcast you'd like us to look at

UCanShootMyNova
Marek could have died but had his soul resurrected via essence transfer or midichlorian manipulation.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Please provide quotes that say marek didn't die, or that at least potentially imply it, or at least link to the moments in the podcast you'd like us to look at
I think it's around the time Sidious vs Marek, but there's a moment earlier in the Death Star.

Also, I don't care what you look at - I'm telling you what they said. I'm not going out of my way for you to believe me, I don't care for your trust or lack thereof.

ares834
Starkiller's a clone. Vader showed the DA Galen's dead body.

Or the body he showed wasn't dead...

Anyway, TFU2 seemed to suggest Starkiller wasn't a clone.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ares834
Or the body he showed wasn't dead...

Anyway, TFU2 seemed to suggest Starkiller wasn't a clone.
It did, where?

Darth Thor
^ "No Jedi can be successfully cloned, it's never been done" - Kota to Starkiller.

All other Starkiller clones were either retarded or completely docile to commands.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ "No Jedi can be successfully cloned, it's never been done" - Kota to Starkiller.

All other Starkiller clones were either retarded or completely docile to commands.
but if marek never died... then wtf was sids on when he couldn't sense him being alive despite being directly above him?

Zenwolf

Yet we have examples of Force Users being cloned with success.

thesithmaster

Dark Apprentice was more powerful than Galen so yeah it was a successful cloning. C'Baoth was also successfully cloned, and he successfully cloned Luke Skywalker (Luuke being equal to Luke).

Force users can be cloned.

Darth Thor
Dark Apprentice was more powerful than Galen so yeah it was a successful cloning. C'Baoth was also successfully cloned, and he successfully cloned Luke Skywalker (Luuke being equal to Luke).

Force users can be cloned.

Dark Apprentice and ESB Luke were completely docile clones.

But yeah you're right about you're right about C'Baoth. Although to be fair that was Pre-Prequels when the general idea was the "Clone Wars" was all about cloned force users.

Still, could just be C'Baoth was the exception. Within the realm and timeframe of TFU2 though, they made out it's still not really a possibility.

Darth Thor
but if marek never died... then wtf was sids on when he couldn't sense him being alive despite being directly above him?

Perhaps he was barely alive, and perhaps Palpatine doesn't know absolutely everything.

thesithmaster
Dark Apprentice and ESB Luke were completely docile clones.

But yeah you're right about you're right about C'Baoth. Although to be fair that was Pre-Prequels when the general idea was the "Clone Wars" was all about cloned force users.

Still, could just be C'Baoth was the exception. Within the realm and timeframe of TFU2 though, they made out it's still not really a possibility.

Well, they were engineered to follow commands, not have wills of their own. So yeah, being docile to their masters was kind of the point. Which proves the cloning was successful in that context.

The Clone Wars was all about cloned Force wielders? Really? I didn't know that. Did Lucas or someone state that?

Ursumeles
C'Baoth was mad af, I wouldn't call him succesful cloning.

thesithmaster
Originally posted by Ursumeles
C'Baoth was mad af, I wouldn't call him succesful cloning.

He was a madman, yeah, but he was still insanely powerful. If he wanted to retain/increase his power he was successful.

Darth Thor
Well, they were engineered to follow commands, not have wills of their own. So yeah, being docile to their masters was kind of the point. Which proves the cloning was successful in that context.

That's just a theory. We have no proof of proper free thinking Jedi clones.

The Clone Wars was all about cloned Force wielders? Really? I didn't know that. Did Lucas or someone state that?

Nobody had a clue what the clone wars were in that time. Isn't there some line in Heir to the Empire about dark Jedi crashing on Dagobah or something during the clone wars.

They didn't have a clue. Heck the Rule of Two wasn't even established yet.

Raptor22

Nobody had a clue what the clone wars were in that time. Isn't there some line in Heir to the Empire about dark Jedi crashing on Dagobah or something during the clone wars.

They didn't have a clue. Heck the Rule of Two wasn't even established yet. The dark Jedi crashing on dagobah and fighting Yoda was in Visions of the Future. The novel takes place around 25 aby, and car'das (the guy who was telling the story) said he's been thinking about their fight for the last 45 years, which would put it around the rots time frame, and since Yoda was already there I'd assume it took place after rots. But Car'das also says, that after, when he left, Palpatine was still a senator amassing power.

thesithmaster

They didn't have a clue. Heck the Rule of Two wasn't even established yet.

C'Baoth? Yeah, he was mad, but had plans of his own and had apprentices, following no one at all.

The Dark Jedi clash did happen on Dagobah but they weren't clones to my knowledge. Just Dark Side force wielders.

Rockydonovang
Perhaps he was barely alive, and perhaps Palpatine doesn't know absolutely everything.
Nah, the only plausible explanation is that Vader prevented Palpatine from sensing that Starkiller was alive showcasing his superior power. smile

thesithmaster
Nah, the only plausible explanation is that Vader prevented Palpatine from sensing that Starkiller was alive showcasing his superior power. smile

It's not just plausible, it's canonical that Vader is far more formidable than Palpatine smile

Rockydonovang
It's not just plausible, it's canonical that Vader is far more formidable than Palpatine smile
yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.