Joker standalone film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
The Joker Origin Story On Deck: Todd Phillips, Scott Silver, Martin Scorsese Aboard WB/DC Film

roughrider
Jesus...part of the Joker's appeal is that he has no definite origin! Stop this now.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by roughrider
Jesus...part of the Joker's appeal is that he has no definite origin! Stop this now.

This. Not even an omniscient chair in the comic books that Batman sat in giving the sitter infinite knowledge could tell his exact identity. That's how special this guy was.

ares834
It's a terrible idea. But with Scorsese involved, who knows, it may end up being amazing.

-Pr-
I have to wonder how much of this is WB, given DC's reluctance to give the Joker his own origin. Even post reboot, they still didn't seem willing to completely pull the trigger.

BruceSkywalker
IT'S GONNA BE SHIT..

I said it.. anybody got a damn problem, IDGAF

playa1258
I don't think this is a good idea.

However in the new DC intro their is two Jokers.

steverules_2
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
IT'S GONNA BE SHIT..

I said it.. anybody got a damn problem, IDGAF

Bruce is grumpy when he hasn't had his cornflakes

Zack M
Lol. This is an elseworld type of story. Not attached to the DCEU, I think. Plus, we didn't see what Bruce saw in the Mobius chair.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by ares834
It's a terrible idea. But with Scorsese involved, who knows, it may end up being amazing.

Scorsese is old and past it. Backing the Terrible Idea.

Kazenji
Scorsese is far from "old and past it".

Inhuman
Can't DC/WB use any other Batman villain for movies besides Joker. Jesus Christ.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Kazenji
Scorsese is far from "old and past it".

We are talking about this "MARTIN SCORSESE"....Right?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTcyNDA4Nzk3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDYzMjMxMw@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Kazenji
Originally posted by Inhuman
Can't DC/WB use any other Batman villain for movies besides Joker. Jesus Christ.

thumb up

I wish to see Clayface, Man-Bat or even Black Mask.

Flyattractor

I would love to see a decent Penguin. Mr Zsasz would be fun. A more accurate Scarecrow.

Ridley_Prime
thumb up When Joker's used well in a good story then he's good if not great, but **** him when it comes to this kind of milking, and an origin story of all things that ruins the mystery to his background. Woohoo.

-Pr-

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I would love to see a decent Penguin. Mr Zsasz would be fun. A more accurate Scarecrow.

Penguin was actually cast (Josh Gad) for Affleck's Batman, but with all the shakeups I don't know how that's gonna work, if at all.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by -Pr-
Penguin was actually cast (Josh Gad) for Affleck's Batman,

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTQ1MzgyMTU3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjg0Mjk5NTE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

...............no.......just OH HELL THE FUKC NO!

Kazenji
Josh Gad could work you never know

not the first time an actor has jumped genre's and surprised people.

riv6672
I dont care if its Martin Scorsese or Kevin Smith, i've no interest in knowing the Joker's origin.

Darth Thor
The fact that this is outside of the DCEU is making me wonder if stand alone elseworld movies is gonna become a thing for DC films.

Adam Grimes
A Red Son movie would be great, even without the main cast of the DCCU.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
A Red Son movie would be great, even without the main cast of the DCCU.

You mean the one with the evil Russian Superman? Yeah that would be awesome.

Flyattractor
I would be all for Elseworld comics. Especially if it meant we could get some non bats/Supes stuff.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
Bruce is grumpy when he hasn't had his cornflakes

you mean wheaties , hahahaha

Originally posted by Zack M

The Joker Origin Story On Deck: Todd Phillips, Scott Silver, Martin Scorsese Aboard WB/DC Film

respond back troll, do you have a problem with me saying this is gonna be shit??

no dodging, answer

Zack M
We are talking about this "MARTIN SCORSESE"....Right?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTcyNDA4Nzk3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDYzMjMxMw@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Scorsese is still god in film making. Silence was somewhat boring, but still a well put together movie.

Flyattractor
I just like how people act like he isn't OLD.

Dude is 74. We should be very wary of the Granpaw tryin to make a flim for the GranKiddies.

alal Georgie and the Phantom Menace.

roughrider
Lol. This is an elseworld type of story. Not attached to the DCEU, I think. Plus, we didn't see what Bruce saw in the Mobius chair.

Any movie they are making now is part of the DCEU, unless they clarify.

It's not as if they haven't given Joker a past and origin before, ala Jack Nicholson/Jack Napier. But it's best when they don't, and Joker shouldn't carry a whole film himself.

Darth Thor
Scorsese is still god in film making. Silence was somewhat boring, but still a well put together movie.

I just like how people act like he isn't OLD.

Dude is 74. We should be very wary of the Granpaw tryin to make a flim for the GranKiddies.

alal Georgie and the Phantom Menace.

Btw the Report claims he's just producing, not directing this.

roughrider
Soooo....how's that Flash movie coming, DC/Warners? stick out tongue

Darth Thor
Soooo....how's that Flash movie coming, DC/Warners? stick out tongue

Flashpoint will make all their problems disappear

Zack M
Any movie they are making now is part of the DCEU, unless they clarify.

It's not as if they haven't given Joker a past and origin before, ala Jack Nicholson/Jack Napier. But it's best when they don't, and Joker shouldn't carry a whole film himself.

They did clarify. Lol

Khazra Reborn
Why though?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Flashpoint will make all their problems disappear

batfleck too..

so zack er SHITTINGMYPANTIESBOY, I see you dodged not a surprise...

dodge this about eisenlex being cut from justice league...

http://batman-news.com/2017/08/23/eisenberg-lex-luthor-justice-league-cut/

roughrider
They did clarify. Lol

Where have they clarified it's not in the DCEU? Link?

BruceSkywalker
well apparently Affleck is indeed gone...

https://heroichollywood.com/batman-another-period-actor/

Zack M
Dang. Got to give credit to Darth.

Anyway:

This is like an Elseworlds type of thing that DC does with their comics.

playa1258
What the **** is WB doing?

They do everything so well but DC.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Btw the Report claims he's just producing, not directing this.
That raises its chances slightly, as long as Marty don't go all Michael "GO Big BOOM BOOM" Bay with is PRODUCIN!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so how badly will SHITTINGMYPANTIESBOY troll once Jusitce League comes out... he is a horrible troll.. Quan was a better one.. At least with Quan , he was entertaining..

Poor Zack though,.. the rock he lives under must be filled with all the diarrhea he has been spewing .. hahahahaqahahaa

Kazenji
Steven Ogg would like to be the Joker......Trevor Phillips to us Gamers that have play ed GTA 5

http://screenrant.com/joker-origin-movie-steven-ogg/

Impediment
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/joaquin-phoenix-in-talks-to-play-the-joker-in-todd-phillips%E2%80%99-standalone-movie-exclusive/ar-BBIS9BM

facepalm

Kazenji
What's wrong with Joaquin Phoenix for Joker?

better then what we have now with Leto as Joker.

Firefly218
But why are they getting the Hangover guy to direct

Inhuman
Why do people see playing the Joker as some high art method acting showcase project barker

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Kazenji
What's wrong with Joaquin Phoenix for Joker?

better then what we have now with Leto as Joker. Yeah, agreed. Guys a good actor and anythings an improvement over Leto.

BruceSkywalker
Why do people see playing the Joker as some high art method acting showcase project barker

ask the dceu fanboys so they can make excuses

BackFire
I think Phoenix would be a great Joker.

That said, Joker should not have an origin film. He's much more interesting when there's a mystery about him.

Kazenji
They've tried to give him a origin in the comics and nothings really stuck.

Impediment

BruceSkywalker

Firefly218
But why does it have to be the Hangover guy

Kazenji
Tommy Wiseau would like to also be the Joker

https://screenrant.com/tommy-wiseau-joker-todd-phillips/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.