what is your cut off price for paying to see a movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
I just spent 30 bucks on the "bone tomahawk" dvd. it was the only copy left in my city and the store gave me some "it's an independent release" bullshit so that's why it was so expensive mad

4k are so damn expensive at 35-40 bucks. would you buy them?

what about going to the theater? this shit ain't cheap either

so at what point do you say "no" to seeing a movie at a price? maybe wait for the movie to be released on a cheaper format

jaden101
Bone Tomahawk is on Netflix.

jaden101
As for me. Bought a copy of the triple play inception limited edition with the metal case. Sure it was about 50.

BruceSkywalker
depends on how badly i want to buy it...

i will spend the $13 dollar price for IMAX and IMAX 3D

Arachnid1
30 is probably my max too, but these days I don't be films or shows unless I'm a pretty big fan

Bone Tomahawk is a damn good pick to own though

Patient_Leech
Yeah, it depends on how badly I want to see it and/or how badly I want to support it. For my wife and I the most I spend is about $30 give or take, but it has to be something I'm pretty sure is going to be worth it on the big screen. This year it's been Kong Skull Island, War for the Planet of the Apes, Valerian, etc.

This weekend we're going to catch the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie at the cheap theater, so the total ticket price will be about $5.00 and some tax. We're probably going to stick with cheap showings for a while.

I think the most I've spend on a 4k Blu-ray so far is about $26 for Pacific Rim on eBay. But that movie's just awesome, so I could forgive it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.