James Cameron slams Wonder Woman as a Step Backwards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
JC Slams Wonder Woman

Flyattractor
Its offical. JC is old and past it.

Kazenji
Seen this today

so just because Wonder Woman is beautiful, Its a step backwards for female heroins... erm

Flyattractor
SJW Marvel is ruining everything

|King Joker|
Patty Jenkins responded on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/900917648015405062

Kazenji
Originally posted by Flyattractor

This same old shit....from folks roll eyes (sarcastic)

find something new to complain about it, Its getting old.

carthage

??????????????

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Kazenji
This same old shit....from folks roll eyes (sarcastic)

find something new to complain about it, Its getting old.

What ever you say Shill Boy!

Originally posted by carthage
??????????????

Marvel COMICS right now are Full On SJW SHIT!

Don't worry your movis are still good, but the comics are SHIT!
SJW SHIT!

-Pr-
A lot of the comics right now ARE in the toilet, sure.

That said, I don't think Cameron is right. Not every strong female character needs to be as beaten up as Sarah Conner. There's room for both.

Kazenji
Disagree with alot of the comics being shit

guess it depends on the writers etc

What ever you say Shill Boy!

Whatever the **** means.

Flyattractor

Whatever the **** means.

I guess we will never know...

BruceSkywalker
i see the stupid in here from some folks...

marvel ain;t got nothing to do with anything....

cameron is an idiot who is jealous over superhero films.. what he needs to do is instead of making another terminator film with 20o year old arnold and more avatar films, he needs to go need some comic books and learn things, then go ask marvel or wb if he can direct an upcoming film...

Khazra Reborn
why does anyone even care what Cameron thinks right now? He's barely made two films in the last 20 years and they were both ass.

Surtur
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
why does anyone even care what Cameron thinks right now? He's barely made two films in the last 20 years and they were both ass.

He made Avatar. Had a dude plugging his ponytail into animals in order to control them. Respect it.

marwash22
Linda Hamilton was sexy af in T2.

Robtard
Cameron's got some solid films under his belt, but as a person, he's a whiny egotistical assemporium and people really shouldn't give two shits what he says

Also this:

Originally posted by marwash22
Linda Hamilton was sexy af in T2.

jaden101
Probably should listen to a guy who did Sarah Connor and Ellen Ripley at their most badass.

Apparently he is an utter cvnt on set though.

Surtur
Girl who played WW has a nice set of boobies. That Gal got some tee-tans.

Patient_Leech

Avatar is beautiful ass, though.

Bashar Teg
JC should just focus on his shitty pocahontas rip off saga and find better outlet for coping with being a has-been. thanks for aliens and terminator 1, tho thumb up

carthage
At least he's involved in the new Terminator trilogy in development, I could give two ****s about Avatar

Sable
Another terminator trilogy? LOL

Kazenji
From what i keep hearing about the new Terminator, Some of it's to do deal with why Skynet chose someone that looked like Arnold for the skin mold

and that T3 deleted scene doesn't count

as for Avatar, I'm expecting Cameron to knock the sequel out of the ball park if he's sequels to other movies are anything to go by

I guess we will never know...

So why call me that name then if you don't know what it means, Dingbat.

Darth Thor
It's a silly comment but I think people maybe overreacting. It was while promoting the re-release of T2 (with the bad ass Sarah Connor), and he only said it after someone specifically asked him about Wonder Woman.

And no James Cameron is not jealous of superhero movies lol. It's just his opinion. A silly opinion, but an opinion nonetheless.

Kazenji
Its also well known what a prick he is, Hamilton and Bigelow have openly said things regarding that.

riv6672
Excellent summation. thumb up

NemeBro
Originally posted by Darth Thor
And no James Cameron is not jealous of superhero movies lol. I'd imagine not, being that the top-grossing MCU movies combined only barely made more than Avatar alone, and the second highest-grossing movie of all time was also by him.

I lol'd at him being a "has-been". He doesn't make movies all that often, but when he does, they make riphuckingdiculous amounts of money. I doubt this will change. And no, I didn't like Avatar. thumb down

Adam Grimes
^ I don't understand why they make so much money, though.

Cameron has lost his touch long ago but guy still acts like he's the shit, which he most certainly isn't. So he should keep his trap shut before I slap him the phuck back to the 80's.

Darth Thor
No one gives a shit about Avatar right now, but it was Loved when it came out. I remember stories of people being depressed because they can't be Avatar's themselves. The hype just died down real quick. But maybe he can reignite it again.

Titanic was also ridiculously loved. I mean it made like another $300mill on its 3D rerelease a few years back. That's insane. But obviously we're not the target market for that one.

Adam Grimes
Well, I can't say I don't have nostalgia bias when it comes to Avatar, because it was the first movie I saw on a theater and I really enjoyed it.

Sable
No one gives a shit about Avatar right now, but it was Loved when it came out. I remember stories of people being depressed because they can't be Avatar's themselves. The hype just died down real quick. But maybe he can reignite it again.

Titanic was also ridiculously loved. I mean it made like another $300mill on its 3D rerelease a few years back. That's insane. But obviously we're not the target market for that one.

300 million on 3D release!?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sable
300 million on 3D release!?

Don't have the exact number, but it was something ridiculous like that.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Well, I can't say I don't have nostalgia bias when it comes to Avatar, because it was the first movie I saw on a theater and I really enjoyed it.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
JC should just focus on his shitty pocahontas rip off saga and find better outlet for coping with being a has-been. thanks for aliens and terminator 1, tho thumb up

Given the jungle atmosphere of the planet I'm guessing in future movies the next thing he rips off will be The Lion King. Just cross out the word lion and write "blue alien" in its place, boom...sequels.

Flyattractor
So why call me that name then if you don't know what it means, Dingbat.

Ahhhh don't you just love the feel of a good mystery.

Surtur
They made a video game off of the Avatar movie. I can't even imagine how bad that was, and I can imagine so many bad games. I've played Roger Rabbit.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Lol

BruceSkywalker
It's a silly comment but I think people maybe overreacting. It was while promoting the re-release of T2 (with the bad ass Sarah Connor), and he only said it after someone specifically asked him about Wonder Woman.

And no James Cameron is not jealous of superhero movies lol. It's just his opinion. A silly opinion, but an opinion nonetheless.

lol lmmfao. why is it so hard to believe that james cameron and others who put down superhero movies aren't jealous???

Darth Thor
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
lol lmmfao. why is it so hard to believe that james cameron and others who put down superhero movies aren't jealous???

Urm because James Cameron has the 2 biggest grossing movies of all time under his belt..

And Another 2 films which are considered amongst the best movies ever made.

What exactly does he have to be jealous of?

BruceSkywalker
Urm because James Cameron has the 2 biggest grossing movies of all time under his belt..

And Another 2 films which are considered amongst the best movies ever made.

What exactly does he have to be jealous of?

so what exactly has he done lately???

anyways lets just agree to disagree

Flyattractor

What movies are those again? I could ue a good laugh.

NemeBro
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so what exactly has he done lately???

anyways lets just agree to disagree There's nothing to agree to disagree towards. You're just wrong. thumb down

NemeBro
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
^ I don't understand why they make so much money, though.

Well, Titanic sort of cheated by playing in theaters for literally hundreds of years. Avatar I guess benefited from making use of new technology for its visuals better than anyone else had. Whatever faults the movie had (and there are many), the film was gorgeous. Probably still is today, though I haven't seen it.

Lost his touch? Not at making films that are exorbitantly profitable my man.

Ascendancy
Ridley lost it, and now JC, it seems. They should stick to making great films and keep bad films and their editorials to themselves.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Ridley lost it, and now JC, it seems. They should stick to making great films and keep bad films and their editorials to themselves.

That is a lesson that all of Hollywood needs to learn.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ascendancy

How exactly has JC lost it like Ridley?

he hasn't made a bad film and Avatar isn't shit just because you say so.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by NemeBro
Titanic sort of cheated by playing in theaters for literally hundreds of years.

All films would be in theatres that long if people kept watching them, or keep re-releasing if there was a demand for them.

Darth Thor
Anyway the T2 re-release has been doing pretty badly. A shame given that's like one of the greatest sci-fi films ever made.

Kazenji
I know Cameron fixed up two scenes in that release.

Surtur
I found some of the reviews for Avatar to be weird, it's like they were judging it solely on its cgi/3d stuff.

juggernaut74
I saw Avatar in the theatres one time and never saw it again nor do I have intentions to see the news ones.

I thought it sucked.

Kazenji
I've only seen it twice, Once at the cinema and the second time for the extended cut on Blu-ray

hoping the sequel to be alot better.

Surtur
I've only seen it twice, Once at the cinema and the second time for the extended cut on Blu-ray

hoping the sequel to be alot better.

From what we do know about the sequels I'm not too thrilled. They are bringing back the same villain from the first film, but since he died it will be his clone.

Kazenji
This Cameron we're talking about here, He hasn't failed on doing sequels yet, I'll wait for footage before making a final judgment.

Surtur
This Cameron we're talking about here, He hasn't failed on doing sequels yet,

Heh...

Piranha II: The Spawning

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
Heh...

Shit, I need to see that. laughing out loud

Kazenji
Heh...

Well it is his early work, Still not quite there by the time he got to Terminator and....

Patient_Leech
Well it is his first film and...

How many flying piranha films have been made? lol

Surtur
How many flying piranha films have been made? lol

Apparently the bar is being set quite low, the original film got a 72% on Rotten Tomatoes. The sequel by Cameron has...a 7% rating lol.

Kazenji
And if you actually look, It wasn't just Cameron involved with that movie sequel.

Surtur
But he was one of the directors lol.

From a 72% rating to a 7%. Damn.

Sharknado has an 82% rating.

Kazenji
Gotta start somewhere.

Patient_Leech
How many flying piranha films have been made? lol Originally posted by Surtur
Apparently the bar is being set quite low, the original film got a 72% on Rotten Tomatoes. The sequel by Cameron has...a 7% rating lol.

You didn't answer the question!

Kazenji
James Cameron clarifies his statements, In response to Jenkins statement

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/james-cameron-clarifies-wonder-woman-statements-176-02

-Pr-
facepalm

Someone take his shovel away, please.

Esau Cairn
Considering Cameron was once married to Kathryn Bigelow (Point Break, K9-Widowmaker, Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty), I get the impression he know what he's talking about re: Jenkins, WW & Hollywood politics.

Kazenji
I just disagree with his thinking, Someone like WW can't be Beautiful & also kickass at the same time. She needed to be flawed like Sarah Connor.

Esau Cairn
Maybe WW's flaw was her naivety but they played it for laughs instead of serious & all moral.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Considering Cameron was once married to Kathryn Bigelow (Point Break, K9-Widowmaker, Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty), I get the impression he know what he's talking about re: Jenkins, WW & Hollywood politics.

I can only go by what I see him say, and from that alone, I can't agree with what he's saying.

Surtur
I just disagree with his thinking, Someone like WW can't be Beautiful & also kickass at the same time. She needed to be flawed like Sarah Connor.

Wonder Woman more or less for a long time had the good looks of essentially a supermodel though.

Darth Thor
Maybe he's just not liking the entire concept of Wonder Woman then.

KingD19
Yeah because she was sculpted/created to be perfect. Thats like changing Thor from a beefy God to a 90lb weakling because Gods dont need to be tough and strong.

-Pr-

Sounds like it.

Surtur

Could be the case. Question is, does that make him a misogynist? I know some feminists who would say yes.

Kazenji
Could be the case. Question is, does that make him a misogynist? I know some feminists who would say yes.

Sounds like he was, When he was with his former wife Kathryn Bigelow.

Surtur
Sounds like he was, When he was with his former wife Kathryn Bigelow.

Okay, but it is weird to me if he has *always* been a misogynist he'd make a female character such a central part in both Terminator movies. I don't know maybe he wanted to trick people into thinking he wasn't a misogynist so in the future they'd accept blue aliens plugging their ponytails into animals.

quanchi112
Cringe.

Darth Thor
he'd make a female character such a central part in both Terminator movies.

And he directed Aliens. Another female action hero film.

-Pr-
I don't consider him a misogynist. I think his issue is that he wanted Diana to be more scruffy, or less "classically" attractive.

It's close to that weird "strong women can't be pretty" opinion that some people have, but I wouldn't say he's quite there yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.