The Juggernaut Vs Jesse Custer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://pm1.narvii.com/5721/82e954ffffed3043e06ddcdfc326b66f71af1883_hq.jpg

Juggernaut at full power.
Can Custer make him stop walking forward?
Would The Word overcome Cyttorak's enchantment is the question on the table.

http://www.yorkmix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/comic-book-characters-jesse-custer.jpg

Galan007
I think Genesis would definitely affect Juggernaut, tbh.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Galan007
I think Genesis would definitely affect Juggernaut, tbh.

I don't disagree, but I'm going to make a case for Cytorrak having his own realm and being a power source that might lie outside Genesis's remit. We have no way of knowing for sure.

riv6672
^^^agreed, which is why i'm undecided, which is why the thread.
Hoping you guys come up with a workable theory.

DarkSaint85
My theory is that it would work, due to forum rules (technicality, I know...)

Rules dictate that each character can perform at the same level as in their universe. Surfer has the PC (despite it not existing in DC), Flash can use the Speed Force (even though it only exists in DC).

And Jesse can use the Word as well as if he was in Preacherverse. The only way to get around it was too not understand English, not hear him, or not have a soul to command.

Juggy has been shown to be susceptible to mind control. And sonic based attacks.

riv6672
Has his forward monentum ever been stopped in a way that suggests it could, by what Custer can do?
Honest question.
If the Word is operating the way you say, Cyttorak should as well. Its brought Juggernaut back from almost nothing (at from a skeletal state), which is not a conscious decision on his part...would/could it just keep him moving forward like a puppet ?

DarkSaint85
That would imply he can never consciously stop himself.....that he's merely a puppet of Cytorrak.

Whilst there are examples of him not stopping, there are plenty of him starting and stopping his run.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
That would imply he can never consciously stop himself.....that he's merely a puppet of Cytorrak.

Whilst there are examples of him not stopping, there are plenty of him starting and stopping his run.
Not exactly what i was asking.

More like, Custer Words him, and Juggernaut tries to obey but Cyttorak takes offense and just has him keep going?
Is that possible?
I know i've missed a lot of comics history since 9/11, so wondering how much control Cyttorak has exerted ovet Juggernaut at times.

DarkSaint85
Oh.

No, Cytorrak won't step in. He's more likely to think Jesse is a better avatar or something. He's fickle like that - he doesn't care who the avatar is, as long as destruction is happening. If his avatar is a failure (or losing a battle) he doesn't appear.

riv6672
Interesting.

DarkSaint85
He's never done it, to my knowledge. When Spidey buried him in concrete, he didn't appear. Didn't appear when War Hulk fought him. Or when Longshot fought him, or Onslaught etc etc.

He appeared when Cain got down and begged him for more power, to fight WWH, but in return he sold his soul, so to speak.

riv6672
I'm not disagreeing. You've come up with hella solid reasoning.

I'm still wondering how what Steve Zodiac mentioned might play into it though. The duality if Juggernaut and his powers source.
Dont think anyone's going to expand on it, so i pretty much have my answers, and thanks for that.

riv6672
Does this add/mean anything?
Was posted at HC:

Thought it was worth sharing here.

KingD19
Keep in mind Serpent took over Thing(Angrir) and Hulk(Null) against their will, which are both legendary in the Marvel universe. If the Voice isn't pure mind control and can be resisted through willpower, Cain has a chance.

DarkSaint85
Bear in mind also, that the scan literally says that Can CHOSE not to use the entities to resist.

Yes, he has Cytorrak in his soul. But it's all down to Cain.

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
My theory is that it would work, due to forum rules (technicality, I know...)

Rules dictate that each character can perform at the same level as in their universe. Surfer has the PC (despite it not existing in DC), Flash can use the Speed Force (even though it only exists in DC).

And Jesse can use the Word as well as if he was in Preacherverse. The only way to get around it was too not understand English, not hear him, or not have a soul to command.

Juggy has been shown to be susceptible to mind control. And sonic based attacks.

Doesn't his helmet protect him from telepathy or was that just in the cartoons?

riv6672
I think Custer might overall have the better chance, even with the scan that was provided.
Nice to see, as Custer's god is mostly pretty worthless in debates!

This was really fun to talk about, DS. Appreciated. thumb up

DarkSaint85
@Surtur: yes,the helmet protects him against telepathy.

@Riv: no problem! Always fun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.