Survive the Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
A gauntlet with a twist.

The following characters take this blitz:

Originally posted by cdtm
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NfDgQOkJgGQ/WYsE8zJnbyI/AAAAAAAABjo/DA4bg1Oi2D8BySMfm0aXJy3nqCbHDx06ACHMYCw/s1600/RCO017.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gWf3HftSSC4/WYsE9nKV9gI/AAAAAAAABj0/MSOAw7ME5fMpHTfQ_HHbQlezHiiMSzSlQCHMYCw/s1600/RCO018.jpg

Who is left standing?

1. Luke Cage.

2. Puck.

3. Wolverine.

4. Captain America.

5. Iron Man.

6. Spidey.

7. Thing.

8. Gorgon.

9. Fat Cobra.

10. Superman.

Board Walker
1. Luke Cage. = knocked down but not out

2. Puck. = shrugs it off

3. Wolverine. = IF takes more damage than Wolverine does, wolverine takes no permanent damage

4. Captain America. = injured but not out

5. Iron Man. = suit is destroyed

6. Spidey. = severely injured

7. Thing. = cracks a joke

8. Gorgon. = no damage

9. Fat Cobra. = N/A

10. Superman. = IF breaks his hands and legs from the impact

cdtm
Pucks more durable then Cage?

Board Walker
Pucks more durable then Cage?

If it is upgraded Puck then I would say solidly yes.

cdtm
Originally posted by Board Walker
If it is upgraded Puck then I would say solidly yes.

He's been upgraded? In what way?

I was thinking standard Puck.

cdtm
https://s6d1.turboimg.net/sp/6dfea6a15f955ab2a7ffb7ece09d216c/Power_Man_and_Iron_Fist_009-009.jpg

This is the Puck I had and mind.

And as an aside:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QNlXwkOSyww/WYsE79kOOpI/AAAAAAAABjg/B2akHcZRpg0QRcA9cfc2W9E59kxr_TiAgCHMYCw/s1600/RCO016.jpg

K.M. once noted how Puck tanked the Iron Fist, and asked what Rand could do to win.

So here's my answer. Diamondback tanked that hit well, no? smile

cdtm
Oh well, might as well answer my own thread before it sinks. Iron Fist used to be popular..

1. Luke Cage. KO.

2. Puck. KO.

3. Wolverine. KO.

4. Captain America. KO.

5. Iron Man. Broken suit, probably KO.

6. Spidey. KO.

7. Thing. Staggered, hurt.

8. Gorgon. Fine.

9. Fat Cobra. Bloodied, on his feet.

10. Superman. Dead. Magic chi

StiltmanFTW
Jessica looks hot in those scans.

Almost makes me want to be Cage's sloppy seconds haermm

Damborgson
I think all of us would....dissapoint. Compared to cage.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah sad

cdtm
Who can compete with a steel hard Cage and an iron FIST..

JayDaDon
Stops at Iron man probably. Suit may be damaged but not totalled. Its shrugged off the IF before...and...nukes...

DarkSaint85
But then doesn't the Mandarin give him issues?

JayDaDon
Mandy is versatile AF tho. Really underrated powerset.

SamZED
Originally posted by Damborgson
I think all of us would....dissapoint. Compared to cage.
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah sad
Who can compete with a steel hard Cage and an iron FIST..

You guys are a buncha nerds. smokin'

Also, she looks and acts nothing like she used to. She's Netflix's Jessica now.

abhilegend
Oh well, might as well answer my own thread before it sinks. Iron Fist used to be popular..

1. Luke Cage. KO.

2. Puck. KO.

3. Wolverine. KO.

4. Captain America. KO.

5. Iron Man. Broken suit, probably KO.

6. Spidey. KO.

7. Thing. Staggered, hurt.

8. Gorgon. Fine.

9. Fat Cobra. Bloodied, on his feet.

10. Superman. Dead. Magic chi
Go home. You're drunk.

Flyattractor
How well would Little Jimmy fair with no metal to save his bones?

SamZED
1. Luke Cage. Hurt but not koed

2. Puck. Dunno. Probably hurt but not koed

3. Wolverine. Hurt but healing

4. Captain America. Injured but not koed

5. Iron Man. Suit somewhat damaged. Not close to being beaten.

6. Spidey. Injured but not koed

7. Thing. Hurt

8. Gorgon. Same as Wolverine

9. Fat Cobra. Hurt but not koed

10. Superman. Impressed but uneffected.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
You guys are a buncha nerds. smokin'

Also, she looks and acts nothing like she used to. She's Netflix's Jessica now.

Yeah, was about to say that... is that a bad thing, though?

Even under Bendis in both NA series... who gave her (and Cage) so much panel time... she wasn't really interesting.

--
PS. Do compare the artists being hired for IF and X-Men books, scans in this very thread laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud My god...

SamZED
Yeah, was about to say that... is that a bad thing, though?

Even under Bendis in both NA series... who gave her (and Cage) so much panel time... she wasn't really interesting.

--
PS. Do compare the artists being hired for IF and X-Men books, scans in this very thread laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud My god...

It is not bad at all, I'm all for it. Like you said, she's never been interesting in comics. I just hope they don't make Iron Fist imitate his TV version.
Also, given that Netflix shows are a part of the MCU... the whole Jessica had a crush on Peter Parker thing becomes really awkward.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Board Walker
1. Luke Cage. = knocked down but not out

2. Puck. = shrugs it off

3. Wolverine. = IF takes more damage than Wolverine does, wolverine takes no permanent damage

4. Captain America. = injured but not out

5. Iron Man. = suit is destroyed

6. Spidey. = severely injured

7. Thing. = cracks a joke

8. Gorgon. = no damage

9. Fat Cobra. = N/A

10. Superman. = IF breaks his hands and legs from the impact
The correct answer. thumb up

-K-M-
Don't forget he also did this to black tarantula. Who is basically spider-mans equal

1. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/Power%20Man%20and%20Iron%20Fist%202016-%20002-010_1.jpg
2. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/Power%20Man%20and%20Iron%20Fist%202016-%20002-011_1.jpg

He's been upgraded? In what way?

I was thinking standard Puck.

Alpha Fligjt volume 1. His body is aikin to compressed rubber making him invulnerable

Recently took a super charged iron fist punch and was fine. Was up and running around fighting the prisoners

1. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/Power%20Man%20and%20Iron%20Fist%20009-008_1.jpg
2. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/Power%20Man%20and%20Iron%20Fist%20009-009_1.jpg

-K-M-

K.M. once noted how Puck tanked the Iron Fist, and asked what Rand could do to win.

So here's my answer. Diamondback tanked that hit well, no? smile

Still stand by what I said. In a fight you think he could replicate that against Puck? Even in a fury Puck was dodging his attacks until Danny connected with the fist, which again didn't do much

Nice to see that iron fist is weaker then his regular attacks. Not like that doesn't contradict 99.99% of his appearances. Good old comics

Adam Grimes
Danny would kill himself punching The Hulk Killer Humanoid

cdtm
Originally posted by -K-M-
Still stand by what I said. In a fight you think he could replicate that against Puck? Even in a fury Puck was dodging his attacks until Danny connected with the fist, which again didn't do much

Nice to see that iron fist is weaker then his regular attacks. Not like that doesn't contradict 99.99% of his appearances. Good old comics

It was Stilt who told me about Bendis writing Danny beating Cage without his IF. stick out tongue

Not saying that's the norm, but I could point out at least a half dozen examples over the years (Some blatantly contradicted by only a handful of issues, like being unable to KO Luke Cage clone Warhawk with his strongest IF, yet a Claremont collaberation with another writer had him KO'd with a simple series of kicks and a spinning backhand.)

Anyways, I don't think those were just regular attacks, judging by the glowing fists and ki glow all over the place, plus the glow on his final kick.

But that's my point.. Danny, say, manages to grab Puck in a lock and goes to town. It might NOT ko him, but you did once ask "What else could Danny do once the Iron Fist fails", and this seems like a good response. wink

cdtm
Don't forget he also did this to black tarantula. Who is basically spider-mans equal

1. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/Power%20Man%20and%20Iron%20Fist%202016-%20002-010_1.jpg
2. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/Power%20Man%20and%20Iron%20Fist%202016-%20002-011_1.jpg

Alpha Fligjt volume 1. His body is aikin to compressed rubber making him invulnerable

Recently took a super charged iron fist punch and was fine. Was up and running around fighting the prisoners

1. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/Power%20Man%20and%20Iron%20Fist%20009-008_1.jpg
2. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/Power%20Man%20and%20Iron%20Fist%20009-009_1.jpg

Photobucket doesn't really work anymore.

Are those scans of Danny dropping BT, or Puck fighting him? If the former, I thought you believed them PIS (As the Danny fanboy, even I have a hard time taking that seriously as he tanked being riddled with bullets, caught in an explosion and set on fire.. not to mention tanking Spidey's best shots and standing firm while Peter was exausted from the effort..)

cdtm
K-M-

Are you reading Defenders?

I guess it's too late to worry about spoilers, but go to 6:22 or so:

h1gV27XyTxg

That happened. Diamondback was also called much faster by Matt Murdoch and Jessica Jones, and left them in his dust in an escape.

Between that, what you saw in the video, and Danny using a finger lock to keep him immobile, I think it's safe to say new Diamondback is about as strong, tough, and fast as anyone in the tier we're talking about.. I can totally see DB getting a handle on his abilities, and just wrecking Iron Fist in future rematch's.

StiltmanFTW
Murdoch

MurdocK. K. Like cocK.

RealityWarper
The Iron Fist is weaaaak !

-K-M-
Photobucket doesn't really work anymore.

Are those scans of Danny dropping BT, or Puck fighting him? If the former, I thought you believed them PIS (As the Danny fanboy, even I have a hard time taking that seriously as he tanked being riddled with bullets, caught in an explosion and set on fire.. not to mention tanking Spidey's best shots and standing firm while Peter was exausted from the effort..)

Damn it not even direct links either?

Iron fist fightting BT. Took him out with 2-3 kicks. Super impressive but yes also questionable. I aikin that showing to similar to this

-K-M-
K-M-

Are you reading Defenders?

I guess it's too late to worry about spoilers, but go to 6:22 or so:

h1gV27XyTxg

That happened. Diamondback was also called much faster by Matt Murdoch and Jessica Jones, and left them in his dust in an escape.

Between that, what you saw in the video, and Danny using a finger lock to keep him immobile, I think it's safe to say new Diamondback is about as strong, tough, and fast as anyone in the tier we're talking about.. I can totally see DB getting a handle on his abilities, and just wrecking Iron Fist in future rematch's.

Yep I read it. Iron fist he tanked well but punches to the head and throat were making DB spit up blood or cut him? Doesn't make much sense when the iron fist didn't do much

StiltmanFTW
Damn it not even direct links either?

Iron fist fightting BT. Took him out with 2-3 kicks. Super impressive but yes also questionable. I aikin that showing to similar to this

Nope. PB ain't working.

It's the same comic in which Nagan somehow managed to fight Cage for a while?

Gorillas are really powerful in comic books laughing out loud

cdtm
Well, if they were chi infused strikes. Like how T'challa can take any one IF, but a series tore up the suit.

And Matt bloodied him up too. DB bloodied really easy, but could sponge up a lot of abuse.

StiltmanFTW
Reminded me of how IF made Cage bleed under Remender, tbh... with his normal attacks... but there it was strongly suggested that a direct non-holding back IF punch could kill Luke.

DB wasn't much bothered by the IF alone, it took a combo-to-KO and Iron Kick as the finisher to take him down, lol.

And Jessica contributed somewhat, too.

-K-M-
Nope. PB ain't working.

It's the same comic in which Nagan somehow managed to fight Cage for a while?

Gorillas are really powerful in comic books laughing out loud

I looked at how much it would cost to fix it. $60 (USD) a year for the most basic option. The p500 option they recommend is $400 (USD) a year

Clearly not doing either option. Just to arsed lately to sign up a different account

-K-M-
Well, if they were chi infused strikes. Like how T'challa can take any one IF, but a series tore up the suit.

And Matt bloodied him up too. DB bloodied really easy, but could sponge up a lot of abuse.

Generally we have a visual cue when he charges his attacks. There wasn't anything like that here. Still would call shenanigans as he literally shrugged off a full charge iron fist and got right back up his ultimate charge attack

cdtm
Generally we have a visual cue when he charges his attacks. There wasn't anything like that here. Still would call shenanigans as he literally shrugged off a full charge iron fist and got right back up his ultimate charge attack

I figured the prominant glowing fist he never actually hit him with as the cue.

That, and the background looks like a storm of chi, as if they're engulfed in it at the time of the blitz.

StiltmanFTW
I looked at how much it would cost to fix it. $60 (USD) a year for the most basic option. The p500 option they recommend is $400 (USD) a year

Clearly not doing either option. Just to arsed lately to sign up a different account

thumb up

They basically followed imageshack's steps - get a premium acc or gtfo... smdh.

I figured the prominant glowing fist he never actually hit him with as the cue.

That, and the background looks like a storm of chi, as if they're engulfed in it at the time of the blitz.

Wolverine's claw strikes had black lightning emanating from them, I guess he's a barbarian/mage dual class character shifty

Seriously though, the chi amping thing has always been a problem. Sure, provides a nice explanation for half the shit Danny does, but we don't know for sure when he amps himself unless clearly stated/shown on panel.

I agree with Mungi, IF coming back and effortlessly getting his revenge so soon makes no sense.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by SamZED
1. Luke Cage. Hurt but not koed

2. Puck. Dunno. Probably hurt but not koed

3. Wolverine. Hurt but healing

4. Captain America. Injured but not koed

5. Iron Man. Suit somewhat damaged. Not close to being beaten.

6. Spidey. Injured but not koed

7. Thing. Hurt

8. Gorgon. Same as Wolverine

9. Fat Cobra. Hurt but not koed

10. Superman. Impressed but uneffected.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this

cdtm
thumb up

They basically followed imageshack's steps - get a premium acc or gtfo... smdh.

Wolverine's claw strikes had black lightning emanating from them, I guess he's a barbarian/mage dual class character shifty

Seriously though, the chi amping thing has always been a problem. Sure, provides a nice explanation for half the shit Danny does, but we don't know for sure when he amps himself unless clearly stated/shown on panel.

I agree with Mungi, IF coming back and effortlessly getting his revenge so soon makes no sense.

Nope, it doesn't, narratively speaking.

Not like they can undo the Batbreaker though, it happened. And it was pretty embarressing. smile

VanMae
1. Luke Cage.
Not sure

2. Puck.
Dead

3. Wolverine.
Badly injured for a few seconds.

4. Captain America.
Dead

5. Iron Man.
Already happened. Undamaged.

6. Spidey.
Unconscious and badly injured.

7. Thing.
Uninjured

8. Gorgon.
No idea

9. Fat Cobra.
Not sure.

10. Superman.
Depends on how much the magic weakness is being played up today. Could be anything from him yawning it off, to him dead.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by VanMae
10. Superman.
Depends on how much the magic weakness is being played up today. Could be anything from him yawning it off, to him dead.

DEMONIC LIES!!!!

abhilegend
Originally posted by VanMae
1. Luke Cage.
Not sure

2. Puck.
Dead

3. Wolverine.
Badly injured for a few seconds.

4. Captain America.
Dead

5. Iron Man.
Already happened. Undamaged.

6. Spidey.
Unconscious and badly injured.

7. Thing.
Uninjured

8. Gorgon.
No idea

9. Fat Cobra.
Not sure.

10. Superman.
If you think Iron Fist is powerful enough to kill Superman, you're reading wrong comics. His magic weakness does not makes him so low in totem pole so to speak.

StiltmanFTW
Owning LoB and abhi at the same time. Beautiful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.