Superman runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
Superman runs a Marvel gauntlet. He gets no rest after each win. How far does he get ? Or does he clear?

In no particular order :

1 Black Bolt
2 Thor Odinson
3 Silver Surfer
4 Classic Strange
5 Sentry with Void

Damborgson
He gets to 3.

tkitna
Might get to 3

Damborgson
He's Superman though, it wouldn't entirely surprise me if he made it to 4.

carver9
Stops at 2. If BB gets a scream or whisper off, Thor kills him the next round. If he doesn't and Superman takes him out without damage (can't see this happening) then it's a coin toss between him and Thor.

Rao Kal El
Because I am sure this is high end feats for all the characters in the gauntlet and it should be high end feats for Superman too.

Superman should clear this. The last two should be switched, stranger glass canon should be the last. But he clears the first 3 and also voidtry. The only sentry defeating a normal superman is death seed sentry.

So high end supes vs high end this guys should go to supes more often than not.

Mid end and lower end on all sides should go to supes.

The only way supes can't clear this is high end one hit wonder feats of marvel vs mid and lower end supes. Which I am sure most marvel peps are using here. But high end vs high end they lose except for strange who like i said is a glass canon. The others bite the dust.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Facee

Superman runs a Marvel gauntlet. He gets no rest after each win. How far does he get ? Or does he clear?

In no particular order :

1 Black Bolt

confused

https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/35985305_image.jpg

Adam Grimes
Is BB's scream actually sound based, though?

Diesldude
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
confused

https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/35985305_image.jpg

Superman's own Super Hearing amplified that and so basically he hurt himself with his super hearing. I'm sure you already knew that.

BruceSkywalker
stops at Black Bolt

Damborgson
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

It's not.

abhilegend
Clears easily.

Rao Kal El
Nice work lowballing supes, lets lowball everyone else here.

Lowball vs high end is just a bad argument.

ShadowFyre
So who can Superman not beat Abhi? is there anyone in the entirety of comics that can beat him?

Prof. T.C McAbe

In no particular order :

1 Black Bolt
2 Thor Odinson
3 Silver Surfer
4 Classic Strange
5 Sentry with Void

He would beat everyone at his current state without a rest in between, though Strange might be the only one who could stop him, imho. The rest are fodder.

Adam Grimes
What his current state Prof?

Prof. T.C McAbe
What his current state Prof?
Being whole again, tanking the shit he did. An amalgam of Pre and DcNu supes.

Board Walker
Current superman clears the entire list with ease.

Blood lusted current superman could simultaneously fight the entire gauntlet and win, that's how far above the Trans tier he currently is.

StiltmanFTW

It shouldn't be, but modern writers love to ignore that...

abhilegend
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So who can Superman not beat Abhi? is there anyone in the entirety of comics that can beat him?
TOAA maybe.

RealityWarper
1 Black Bolt = Can go either ways.
2 Thor Odinson = Can go either ways.
3 Silver Surfer = Can go either ways.
4 Classic Strange = Can go either ways.
5 Sentry with Void = Loses badly.

EDIT: Classic Strange doesn't exist. It's simply Dr Strange.

RealityWarper
I mean that Superman loses badly to Void of course

celeyhyga17
BB voice is both sound and something more.

Damborgson
His voice disrupts the particles and elwctrons his voice reaches or something. It was supposed be pretty intense.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
BB voice is both sound and something more. Originally posted by Damborgson
His voice disrupts the particles and elwctrons his voice reaches or something. It was supposed be pretty intense.

He can possibly one-shot Superman then.

Damborgson
It sounds cool, and it is super powerful, but BB lacks the feats to suggest he could win unfortunately.

carver9
Originally posted by RealityWarper
1 Black Bolt = Can go either ways.
2 Thor Odinson = Can go either ways.
3 Silver Surfer = Can go either ways.
4 Classic Strange = Can go either ways.
5 Sentry with Void = Loses badly.

EDIT: Classic Strange doesn't exist. It's simply Dr Strange.

Basically this.

tkitna
Originally posted by carver9
Basically this.

I think he loses convincingly to the last three and possibly to the first two. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and moved him through the first two rounds.

carver9
Originally posted by tkitna
I think he loses convincingly to the last three and possibly to the first two. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and moved him through the first two rounds.

Reality post was more on a one on one fight with out the stips. I'm sure his answer would've been different if he included the stipulations. Black Bolt is a monster. No Herald is running through him without taking damage. He's fighting Thor right after and a Herald facing Thor while injured will die.

I haven't see a single thing from Superman since his merge with New 52 Supes that puts him above anyone here. They will probably lowball Sentry with the hellicarrier showing but Superman had something recently that was worse imo. It took him along with other members of the JLA to stop the watch tower. He pulls a majority against Bolt but the others are debatable and Sentry wins every single round imo.

JBL
Originally posted by Board Walker

Blood lusted current superman could simultaneously fight the entire gauntlet and win, that's how far above the Trans tier he currently is. Ever wonder why no one respond to your laughable posts?

abhilegend
Reality post was more on a one on one fight with out the stips. I'm sure his answer would've been different if he included the stipulations. Black Bolt is a monster. No Herald is running through him without taking damage. He's fighting Thor right after and a Herald facing Thor while injured will die.

I haven't see a single thing from Superman since his merge with New 52 Supes that puts him above anyone here. They will probably lowball Sentry with the hellicarrier showing but Superman had something recently that was worse imo. It took him along with other members of the JLA to stop the watch tower. He pulls a majority against Bolt but the others are debatable and Sentry wins every single round imo.
laughing out loud

Bolt was defeated by Emma Frost punching through him in IVX. He would be lucky to win a single fight against Superman.

Superman was trying to stop watchtower without killing everyone on board including Lois.

He would defeat everyone here. Originally posted by JBL
Ever wonder why no one respond to your laughable posts?
Have you?

playa1258
He clears but Thor gives him the best fight.

Damborgson
He clears? He'll be a broken mess if he gets to Voidtry.

JBL
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Bolt was defeated by Emma Frost punching through him in IVX. He would be lucky to win a single fight against Superman.

Superman was trying to stop watchtower without killing everyone on board including Lois.

He would defeat everyone here.
Have you? You also think superman is unbeatable, so of course you take up for your equal.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Blood lusted current superman could simultaneously fight the entire gauntlet and win, that's how far above the Trans tier he currently is.
thumb up

Zack M
Yeah, current Superman is no joke. He clears it.

tkitna

Funny how the same thing happened when Sentry was stopping the Helicarrier, but everybodys quick to jump on that feat anytime they can.

tkitna

I didn't read the arc, but that's hysterical. BB has gone toe to toe with the likes of the Thing and the Hulk and Emma beats him down? Oh my. Did Bendis write that by chance?

carver9
He was weakened.

h1a8
Stops at 2. If BB gets a scream or whisper off, Thor kills him the next round. If he doesn't and Superman takes him out without damage (can't see this happening) then it's a coin toss between him and Thor.

Carver what is wrong with you? Superman would beat Thor 10/10. He's simply too fast. You act as if these two would fight and operate at similar speeds. If that's the case the yes, it could go either way. But Superman is vastly faster, multiple times so.

Surfer would be a different story though. That can go either way depending on how effective and smart Surfer fights. If Surfer just becomes a generic blaster then Superman stomps him. If Surfer stays evasive the majority of the fight and uses red solar radiation then he can win.

h1a8

In no particular order :

1 Black Bolt. -SM wins
2 Thor Odinson -SM wins
3 Silver Surfer - Can go either way
4 Classic Strange -SM wins due to speed
5 Sentry with Void -Sentry wins but SM has a chance with counter vibrations.

Sin I AM

Partly yes.

tkitna
He was weakened.

Ahhh, context. Got it.

abhilegend
Funny how the same thing happened when Sentry was stopping the Helicarrier, but everybodys quick to jump on that feat anytime they can.
There was no such thing said when Sentry tried to stop the hellicarrier. Originally posted by tkitna
I didn't read the arc, but that's hysterical. BB has gone toe to toe with the likes of the Thing and the Hulk and Emma beats him down? Oh my. Did Bendis write that by chance?
No. Originally posted by carver9
He was weakened.
He wasn't able to speak, that's it.

abhilegend
Ahhh, context. Got it.
He wasn't weakened. His voice was suppressed, that's it.

carver9
There was no such thing said when Sentry tried to stop the hellicarrier.
No.
He wasn't able to speak, that's it.

Lol...his voice is how he channels his power, crazy. It's how ALL of his abilities work. He was weakened.

RealityWarper
There was no such thing said when Sentry tried to stop the hellicarrier.

That wasn't said because that was obvious.

Sentry helped the Helicarrier to land softly.

If he stopped it cold that would have killed everyone on board.

Sentry is able to stop cold the descent of Exitar, one of the most powerful Celestials, just by physical force.

Superman isn't even close to have the power to do that.

Sin I AM

In no particular order :

1 Black Bolt
2 Thor Odinson
3 Silver Surfer
4 Classic Strange
5 Sentry with Void

He should do ok up to 3. Thats where things get tricky. Surfer hasnt been fighting much and hasnt had a decent challenge in awhile. Supes has litany of feats. So if its current Surfer Id give Clark the edge in a physical confrotation. I havent seen a serious Surfer in awhile but he seems to go esoteric alot more now..he did cancel out sound and bound a planetary level character to one spot
..so yea 3 hes done

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Sin I AM
He should do ok up to 3. Thats where things get tricky. Surfer hasnt been fighting much and hasnt had a decent challenge in awhile. Supes has litany of feats. So if its current Surfer Id give Clark the edge in a physical confrotation. I havent seen a serious Surfer in awhile but he seems to go esoteric alot more now..he did cancel out sound and bound a planetary level character to one spot
..so yea 3 hes done

I tend to think that Superman is more advantaged than Thor against Surfer.

The main reason is that he has a superior manoeuvrability in flight, some built-in speed that will allow him to get in close-combat faster and he is more powerful physically than Thor.

I think that Superman would beat Surfer at least 8 or 9 times out of 10.

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
..so yea 3 hes done

Aren't you the one that tend to bring up combat showings? What has Surfer done to give him a single win against Clark lately?

wuleecat
Surfer is realistically where Superman starts to feel the pain here.
The Black Bolt love-fest early on in the thread is ridiculous. Superman would drive him into the ground like a tent peg.

abhilegend
Lol...his voice is how he channels his power, crazy. It's how ALL of his abilities work. He was weakened.
ermm

You really need to read about Black Bolt.

Mindset
Stops at Black Bolt.

Damborgson
thumb up there's really nothing left to say

Mindset
And I say this as Superman's biggest fan on kmc since '05.

Genii96

Currently? Yes

shadowknight
He stops at 5

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Mindset
Stops at Black Bolt.

WHORISH LIES!!!!!

playa1258
Nothing to wake up people like a Superman gauntlet.

Stoic
If Superman can resist all of the things that the Surfer can do to him, then he'd make it to Void. The Surfer altered Lunatik's genes down to the molecular level. Why couldn't he do that to Superman?

Genii96
Thor odinson will be a flip of the coin
Stops at surfer

hutchy1345

Why is current superman that strong?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by hutchy1345

The depiction of NU52 Superman was Clark at HALF-STRENGTH given the machinations of Mxyptlk. Once he defeated Mxy both sides of his essence were rejoined granting him full strength.

The showings of Superman since then have him conservatively high trans/skyfather.

shadowknight
People who believe SM will lose to the first 4 needs to stop taking drugs period.

BB-is currently a Mid-Tier with a Elite Top Tier attack. He lose to SM 9/10

Thor-has already lost to SM there's nothing to suggest he would win against a more powerful version of SM. He lose to SM 7/10

SS-is a waste of space, SS SOP is to blast everything in sight and rarely use his more elective abilities. While he has the possibility to be a team wrecker he never lives up to the hype. He lose to SM 9/10

Dr Strange- is the closess to an arguably tough fight. But SM has fought enough mages to deal with Strange. He lose to SM 7/10

Sentry-is the toughest fight to judge, Sentry has had enough low feats that an argument can be made he should lose to SM. But the kicker it's Void Sentry and SM would have gone through the wringer by the other 4 fighters. Therefore IMO Sentry wins 6/10

carver9
Hilarious.

RealityWarper
Hilarious.

Clearly.

Superman has 0/10 against the Void.

darthgoober
Originally posted by shadowknight
People who believe SM will lose to the first 4 needs to stop taking drugs period.

BB-is currently a Mid-Tier with a Elite Top Tier attack. He lose to SM 9/10

Thor-has already lost to SM there's nothing to suggest he would win against a more powerful version of SM. He lose to SM 7/10

SS-is a waste of space, SS SOP is to blast everything in sight and rarely use his more elective abilities. While he has the possibility to be a team wrecker he never lives up to the hype. He lose to SM 9/10

Dr Strange- is the closess to an arguably tough fight. But SM has fought enough mages to deal with Strange. He lose to SM 7/10

Sentry-is the toughest fight to judge, Sentry has had enough low feats that an argument can be made he should lose to SM. But the kicker it's Void Sentry and SM would have gone through the wringer by the other 4 fighters. Therefore IMO Sentry wins 6/10

He's actually taken the exotic route quite a few times... He doesn't generally do a bunch in any given fight because he doesn't need to since him going exotic doesn't usually require a follow up, but he's definitely done it in enough fights for using more than basic punches and blasts to be considered "in character" for him.

Stoic
Originally posted by hutchy1345

You're asking someone who claims that Batman is a multiversal being.

abhilegend
Originally posted by darthgoober
He's actually taken the exotic route quite a few times... He doesn't generally do a bunch in any given fight because he doesn't need to since him going exotic doesn't usually require a follow up, but he's definitely done it in enough fights for using more than basic punches and blasts to be considered "in character" for him.
Superman has done more speedblitzes.

Anyway Superman would beat the shit out of Surfer in such a fight.

Stoic

I tend to agree, Superman would beat the mes out of Surfer, if Superman made it into a slug it out point for point. The thing that gets me is that the Surfer has the ability to alter a characters genetic makeup. He did this to Lunatik. Does Superman have a way of negating this power? If not the Surfer IMO has a legit means of winning.

bluewaterrider
Black Bolt's attack is sound plus extra, but there's definitely a large sonic component. Click the following link and scroll down to the bottom and you will find the attack powering up Dazzler, a mutant whose abilities are powered by sound:

https://uncannyxmen.net/node/5813/page/0/2

bluewaterrider
I was debating whether to post some images of Black Bolt's voice beating heavy bricks like Hulk, Apocalypse, and Gladiator. I still might, but, till then, it might be worthwhile to note that BB has physically contended with the likes of Gladiator as well, at least if the CURRENTLY working links of the following thread is any indication:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/black-bolt/4005-4329/forums/how-did-black-bolt-beat-gladiator-565239/

LordofBrooklyn
Black Bolt is undefeated against Hulk.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The depiction of NU52 Superman was Clark at HALF-STRENGTH given the machinations of Mxyptlk. Once he defeated Mxy both sides of his essence were rejoined granting him full strength.

The showings of Superman since then have him conservatively high trans/skyfather.

I'll accept that Superman can win against Black Bolt if Black doesn't think to use his voice before Superman uncharacteristically blitzes him, as people seem to be suggesting.

It will take a lot more to convince me Superman has a reasonable chance if Bolt whispers at him, though, let alone speaks or screams. Not even the powerful pre-Crisis versions of Kryptonians could endure the level of audio we're talking about where Black Bolt is concerned, no matter HOW powerful you think Superman's strength and durability are.

I remember one story, for instance, where Superman went to the extreme of procuring dwarf star material to combat a mere sonic gun. Neutronium ear plugs, they were termed, and apparently featured in some issue of Action Comics. I do not recall the issue number, so perhaps someone can help me there?

Here are two links I've found that mention the episode, though the first may appear as an image:

https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/36156068_image.jpg

http://www.earljwoods.com/2008/06/to-ear-is-superhuman.html?m=1

JBL
A scream from BB would put superman down or kill him.

DarkSaint85
Superman counter screams thumb up

Everything is made up of vibrations.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
I tend to agree, Superman would beat the mes out of Surfer, if Superman made it into a slug it out point for point. The thing that gets me is that the Surfer has the ability to alter a characters genetic makeup. He did this to Lunatik. Does Superman have a way of negating this power? If not the Surfer IMO has a legit means of winning.
Superman has straight up resisted his molecular structure bring tempered with.

Surfer doesn't gets a win that way.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
A scream from BB would put superman down or kill him.
Your version of Superman simply falls down against any marvel character, so no surprises there.

carver9
Black Bolt is undefeated against Hulk.

Hulk dropped bolt in a single hit once. He isn't undefeated.

darthgoober

That's not suprising, Supes probably has over 10 times more relevant appearances than Surfer does. By which I mean over 10 times more appearaces where he actually fights someone.

And anyway I didn't say anything about Supes in that post, I was simply contesting the idea that it'll be more "in character" for Surfer to do nothing but punch and blast in a forum fight.

LordofBrooklyn
Hulk dropped bolt in a single hit once. He isn't undefeated.

GAMMITE LIES!!!

Black Bolt equals BANNER BREAKER!!!!

bluewaterrider

Not even the powerful pre-Crisis versions of Kryptonians could endure the level of audio we're talking about where Black Bolt is concerned ...

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Everything is made up of vibrations ...

It's weird you said that. That is almost exactly the language I THOUGHT I remembered for another instance of a "super" getting dropped by sound back in the day.

https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/36168978_image.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/36168979_image.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/36168980_image.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t1/36168981_image.jpg

This scene from Superman Family #171 actually suggests TWO ways sound can take out a Kryptonian, and the one that would do permanent damage, Green Lantern's vibration match, doesn't even seem to need to target the ears to be lethally effective. To be fair, though, this was an issue featuring a LOT of weird explanations for even weirder phenomena.

abhilegend
http://i.imgur.com/GAhEcVL.jpg

That's more energy than it exists in the universe.

tkitna
Sheesh, if the Banshee can do that I cant even imagine what would happen if BB gave a shout. I change my list, Superman loses at 1.

abhilegend
Bolt isn't that loud.

But I like how you just find an excuse to say "Superman loses".

Hey there marvel zombie.

tkitna
Bolt isn't that loud.

Hey there marvel zombie.

Show me the sound measurement of BB's voice. I've never seen it before and i'm curious now.

Lol. Just being realistic. Its more you making excuses and trying to create ways for Superman to win, but whatever. I would expect nothing less from any DC Fanboy.

shadowknight
Sheesh, if the Banshee can do that I cant even imagine what would happen if BB gave a shout. I change my list, Superman loses at 1. Does context ring a bell?
1. SG is nowhere as formidable or as tough as SM.
2. SB is a mystical based character her power are magic based BB isn't.
3. Even with Abih post showing SG in pain SG handily defeated her.
4. SM has fought sound based opponent b4 and handily defeated them including SB which he defeated even faster than SG did.
5. BB has been neutered by Marvel his scream at best is the equivalent of a nuclear explosion in scope something SM can easily survive

DarkSaint85
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=HDg6CgAAQBAJ&pg=PA59&lpg=PA59&dq=decibels+%22black+bolt%22&source=bl&ots=IpCe59fJT3&sig=xJ9bQ127G7zsxfEma4-PK92fM_o&hl=en&sa=X& amp;ved=0ahUKEwiqzdjPj6PWAhWlBcAKHVogCP4Q6AEIaTAO#
v=onepage&q=decibels%20%22black%20bolt%22&f=false

carver9
Does context ring a bell?
4. SM has fought sound based opponent b4 and handily defeated them including SB which he defeated even faster than SG did.
5. BB has been neutered by Marvel his scream at best is the equivalent of a nuclear explosion in scope something SM can easily survive

Don't know where you are getting the idea of Supergirl not being as formidable...especially looking at her recent fts. The girl just took Gog out with a finger snap...a being who has given Superman a battle.

tkitna
Don't know where you are getting the idea of Supergirl not being as formidable...especially looking at her recent fts. The girl just took Gog out with a finger snap...a being who has given Superman a battle.

Yeah, whatever it takes to make them feel good about themselves I guess.

quanchi112
Bolt isn't that loud.

Hey there marvel zombie. Relax. He has a different opinion quit falling to pieces when someone says superman loses.

bluewaterrider
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=HDg6CgAAQBAJ&pg=PA59&lpg=PA59&dq=decibels+%22black+bolt%22&source=bl&ots=IpCe59fJT3&sig=xJ9bQ127G7zsxfEma4-PK92fM_o&hl=en&sa=X& amp;ved=0ahUKEwiqzdjPj6PWAhWlBcAKHVogCP4Q6AEIaTAO#
v=onepage&q=decibels%20%22black%20bolt%22&f=false

https://s7d5.turboimg.net/t1/36170893_image.jpg

That. is. awesome.

bluewaterrider
Does context ring a bell?

#5 is the only item on your list that could legitimately convince me Superman would be able to endure Black Bolt's voice. The roster of beings Black Bolt has taken down with it, and the number of times Kryptonians have fallen to sonics and hyper sonics throughout nearly every era I know of is too great otherwise.

https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/36170894_image.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/36170895_image.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/36170896_image.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/36170897_image.jpg

Damborgson
The reason I say he gets pretty far is because before his dragon ball z fusion, he would have already been the fight of any heralds life, and he'd win almost all of them. Now he has a power boost, and by logic he's at least a Trans. Until he gets humiliated repeatedly and proves his average isn't much higher than it was before, he's out of the tier of the fighters in the gauntlet.

Sentry would still take it to him though. Without rest it'd be a smash.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
The reason I say he gets pretty far is because before his dragon ball z fusion, he would have already been the fight of any heralds life, and he'd win almost all of them. Now he has a power boost, and by logic he's at least a Trans. Until he gets humiliated repeatedly and proves his average isn't much higher than it was before, he's out of the tier of the fighters in the gauntlet.

I think people misunderstood what happened with new 52 and Superman. The Superman that we've always known and loved before new 52 showed up, his power was taken from him (well, some of it) which weakened him. This power was used to make New 52 Superman. That power that was taken from him went back to him and now (here's the important part) he is back to the levels he was at before the introduction of New 52. He didn't receive a boost. He was just put back to the levels he was at before. This isn't a new Superman you are seeing here, this is a complete Superman. So the wins and loses Superman had before 52 counts.

Damborgson
Carv, I love you, but can someone verify that claim for me? My answer would change of course.

darthgoober
Carv, I love you, but can someone verify that claim for me? My answer would change of course.
From what I've seen his statement sounds about right.

Warrior Madness

That's correct.

LordofBrooklyn

You are well on your way to the light!

Now, recognize Superman's SKYFATHER status and DENY THOR and you will ascend to greatness!!!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by darthgoober
From what I've seen his statement sounds about right.

How could you POSSIBLY think he is correct given how absolutely EXPLICIT they were in explaining the events and how Mxy depowered him?

abhilegend
Show me the sound measurement of BB's voice. I've never seen it before and i'm curious now.

Lol. Just being realistic. Its more you making excuses and trying to create ways for Superman to win, but whatever. I would expect nothing less from any DC Fanboy.
laughing out loud

There is nothing to make ways about it marvel zombie. Bolt couldn't even take out Namor with a full scream completely and Emma Frost punched a hole in him.

His voice has been compared to a Nuke. Banshee's voice is compared to ten nukes.

abhilegend
And Zod took her out with one punch. What's your point? Originally posted by carver9
I think people misunderstood what happened with new 52 and Superman. The Superman that we've always known and loved before new 52 showed up, his power was taken from him (well, some of it) which weakened him. This power was used to make New 52 Superman. That power that was taken from him went back to him and now (here's the important part) he is back to the levels he was at before the introduction of New 52. He didn't receive a boost. He was just put back to the levels he was at before. This isn't a new Superman you are seeing here, this is a complete Superman. So the wins and loses Superman had before 52 counts.
That's not how it works carver. As of now Superman both pre-flashpoint and post-flashpoint were only half of the part of Superman.

Damborgson

Now, recognize Superman's SKYFATHER status and DENY THOR and you will ascend to greatness!!!

I....still say thee nay usurper!

carver9
And Zod took her out with one punch. What's your point?
That's not how it works carver. As of now Superman both pre-flashpoint and post-flashpoint were only half of the part of Superman.

And Zod stood in one spot and allowed Superman to pound on him to no affect.

He was weakened due to new 52. New 52 merged back with him which took him back to full power. The power he had before new 52. Why doesn't it work like that? Is he amped Now?

abhilegend
And Zod stood in one spot and allowed Superman to pound on him to no affect.

Becuase Superman was holding back due to danger to Lois and Jon. Zod, Mongul, Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, Metallo and Blanque together couldn't KO Superman after a long ground and pound.

Yes, he is. Even new 52 Superman has feats to put any herald level being to shame and he was just a part of this Superman's powers.

DarkSaint85
Do we have evidence that pre 52 Supes was 50%,, rather than 100%?

quanchi112
laughing out loud

There is nothing to make ways about it marvel zombie. Bolt couldn't even take out Namor with a full scream completely and Emma Frost punched a hole in him.

His voice has been compared to a Nuke. Banshee's voice is compared to ten nukes. Hyperbole. You seem to rely on it when it helps your case but ignore it when it doesn't. BB downs him with a scream.

Rao Kal El

I'm going to say this one last time jester puppy.

Stop trying to recruit unworthy thor bags into the house of El.

You don't have the authority or the rank to even offer cookies in the LOBby.

Philosophía
Do we have evidence that pre 52 Supes was 50%,, rather than 100%? We're overlooking an important factor - Pre-Flashpoint Superman in the New 52 wasn't at the same powerlevel we saw him before - he was much older, having spent a decade in the New 52 hidden, raising Jon, absorbing sunlight. And then THAT Superman got merged with New 52 Superman .

We basically got Pre-Flashpoint Superman + a decade of getting more powerful + New 52 Superman = Rebirth Superman.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, but was old Family Man Superman the older version of pre 52 Superman, or was he a completely new version created by Mxy when he split nu52 Superman off, complete with memories etc?

Philosophía
Yeah, but was old Family Man Superman the older version of pre 52 Superman, or was he a completely new version created by Mxy when he split nu52 Superman off, complete with memories etc? Convergence made it clear that it was the same Superman as Post-Crisis.

abhilegend
Not to mention reborn Superman showing all of his post crisis adventures.

carver9
Don't think Dark question was answered...I'll make sure to respond to ABHI post though.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
I'm going to say this one last time jester puppy.

Stop trying to recruit unworthy thor bags into the house of El.

You don't have the authority or the rank to even offer cookies in the LOBby.

YOUR LUCKY YOUR NOT FISH FOOD LIKE THAT REPROBATE SCALES PROVOLONE!!!

LordofBrooklyn
Don't think Dark question was answered...I'll make sure to respond to ABHI post though.

WHEN I ANSWER A QUESTION IT IS THE ONLY ANSWER YOU NEED GAMMITE!!!!!

SUPERMAN IS NOW A SKYFATHER IN THE DCU!!!

bluewaterrider

When originally posted by ShadowKnight, this may or may not have been true.
I don't know either way.

Recently, however, the following appeared, in Thanos v2 #14, if memory serves:

https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/37066255_image.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/37066256_image.jpg

The above is Black Bolt's voice apparently taking out not one but several Celestials.

Board Walker
Superman for all intents and purposes is a skyfather level being on average, and a omniversal abstract at his highest.

Magnon
Surfer and Strange have a *chance* against Superman via weakness exploitation (e.g. red solar radiation and magic, respectively) but assuming Superman has basic knowledge of his opponents there's no reason he should give them the chance.

Superman clears the gauntlet.

DarkSaint85
When originally posted by ShadowKnight, this may or may not have been true.
I don't know either way.

Recently, however, the following appeared, in Thanos v2 #14, if memory serves:

https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/37066255_image.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/37066256_image.jpg

The above is Black Bolt's voice apparently taking out not one but several Celestials.

Inadmissible, as it is a possible future BB.

He currently has no scream.

If memory serves.

xJLxKing
Gets to 4

cdtm
Yeah, but was old Family Man Superman the older version of pre 52 Superman, or was he a completely new version created by Mxy when he split nu52 Superman off, complete with memories etc?

Like Philo said, they made it pretty clear this is the same Superman from the 1990's. Byrne era Superman.

It all fits, from his marriage to Lois, to his call back on events like Death of Superman. And just the look and feel is unmistakable, growing up reading him you can recognize the tells in an instant.

MrMind
honestly voidtry i see with the biggest problem
superman should clear, classic strange like many said is a glass canon with no durability to take the initial blitze, however i am curious about his auto shield

xJLxKing

RealityWarper
1 to 4, this can go either ways with Superman as the most probable loser.

At 5, Superman will be crushed like an insect by the Void. He has zero chances to win.

cdtm
Isn't pre and post New 52 merged?
If family man Superman did it on his own, he had a lot of different powers around Imperiex saga, which predates New 52. Soul vision, different heat vision uses like emp's. Stands to reason he could do the solar blast, since It's just an extension of the foundation Joe Casey and others laid when they went full fanboy with Superman.

panthergod
Sentry gets his power absorbed with ease, then oneshot destroyed by HV. Easily.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by RealityWarper
1 to 4, this can go either ways with Superman as the most probable loser.

At 5, Superman will be crushed like an insect by the Void. He has zero chances to win.

LIES!!!

xJLxKing
Originally posted by cdtm
Isn't pre and post New 52 merged?
If family man Superman did it on his own, he had a lot of different powers around Imperiex saga, which predates New 52. Soul vision, different heat vision uses like emp's. Stands to reason he could do the solar blast, since It's just an extension of the foundation Joe Casey and others laid when they went full fanboy with Superman.
Originally it was only implied that the story/history merged but no really indication that all powers transfered

Remember how some people implied that the merged Superman suddenly had the combined power. Right now, it seems some new Superman has both powers Sets

The solar flare ability definitely has been made much stronger at least going off #38 issue

h1a8

So speed and perceptions mean nothing to you?

MrMind
bump

tkitna
Might get to 3

leonidas
could lose to 3 or 4 (though strange would be blitzed if needed) and voidtry is too much in almost all cases.

Senor Cage
Clears.

playa1258
Clears.

carver9
Stops at 3.

Adam Grimes
Clears

Kal-L
Easily clears.

Damborgson
After 4 fights, there is a zero chance he gets past Voitry. He does not clear.

xJLxKing
After 4 fights, there is a zero chance he gets past Voitry. He does not clear.
I do wonder, how people view his ability to regenerate?
He has in the past needed mere seconds to recharge

Damborgson
In the heat of battle he's going to have to recharge without a moments rest against

1. Black Bolt, who's voice could at least scuff Superman up.

2. Thor, who has legitimate ways of hurting Superman and poses a tangible danger to him.

3. Surfer, who can also at the very least wear Superman down a bit

4. Dr. Strange who is not only an expert in magic, one of his vulnerabilities, but would push Superman hard if not beat him after this other ordeals.

And THEN fight trans tier, I can regenerate from a single molecule, Voidtry...

That is pushing it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.