Thanos vs Thane (Phoenix Force)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Any predictions on how his fight will turn out?

Who wins?

Damborgson
I think Thanos is about to get a new feat.

carver9
He is amped, right? I thought that was mentioned.

ShadowFyre
He should obviously get beat without that amp but I am sure he will stomp Than. Thank isn't very populur

zopzop
The Thane should win but let's face it, Marvel has no love for the PF. Thanos will win decisively.

TheHulkster
Thanos specifically states that he is seeking to "regain" his power:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1OUHV8Laqwg/WUFLsZ90wwI/AAAAAAAEGHs/Y5RkELa7x28bXDniqS3kfVB0c_QBCOICgCLcBGAs/s1600/043_009.jpg

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
He is amped, right? I thought that was mentioned. It has been implied that the power Thanos gleaned from the God Quarry will boost him enough to contend with Thane/Phoenix... But we'll know for sure if that 'boost' equates to an 'amp' in the next issue. If he can contend with Phoenix, though, I would certainly f*cking hope Thanos is amped... But this IS Phoenix we're talking about(who is basically a cosmic version of Apoc), so there's no telling... ermm

Anywho, the only logical outcomes are: a.) Thanos wins, or b.) Both die... Imo.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Galan007
It has been implied that the power Thanos gleaned from the God Quarry will boost him enough to contend with Thane/Phoenix... But we'll know for sure if that 'boost' equates to an 'amp' in the next issue. If he can contend with Phoenix, though, I would certainly f*cking hope Thanos is amped... But this IS Phoenix we're talking about(who is basically a cosmic version of Apoc), so there's no telling... ermm

Anywho, the only logical outcomes are: a.) Thanos wins, or b.) Both die... Imo.
Since Death's the one that's been setting this whole thing up, I kind of think it might actually be part of a plan just to mess with Thanos's head. Maybe she's tying to make him worthy of her again or something like that. Maybe end up empowering him as a true avatar of death in the same way the Phoenix Force is the Avatar of Life.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by darthgoober
Since Death's the one that's been setting this whole thing up, I kind of think it might actually be part of a plan just to mess with Thanos's head. Maybe she's tying to make him worthy of her again or something like that. Maybe end up empowering him as a true avatar of death in the same way the Phoenix Force is the Avatar of Life.

Again?

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/4886127-13+dpvthan1.jpg

darthgoober
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Again?

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/4886127-13+dpvthan1.jpg
Yup. Only in a more permanent capacity. Maye even give him a black fire phoenix energy signiture. It was already said that he was supposed to settle midway up the cosmic totem pole, this could be leading to that.

carver9
Thanos specifically states that he is seeking to "regain" his power:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1OUHV8Laqwg/WUFLsZ90wwI/AAAAAAAEGHs/Y5RkELa7x28bXDniqS3kfVB0c_QBCOICgCLcBGAs/s1600/043_009.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111284868/5966059-0214059922-48190.jpg

TheHulkster
Slott occasionally writes lines that make little sense. Lemire has Thanos endeavouring to stop Thane from destroying the universe.

carver9
Do you consider Phoenix an alpha level threat?

DarkSaint85
Lol.

My arthritic 90year old grandma is human level in speed.

Usain Bolt is ALSO human level in speed.

By Carver's reasoning, my grandma is as fast as Usain Bolt.

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol.

My arthritic 90year old grandma is human level in speed.

Usain Bolt is ALSO human level in speed.

By Carver's reasoning, my grandma is as fast as Usain Bolt. Speed is speed.

"Id"
He is amped, right? I thought that was mentioned.

Yes he is amped.

He went in to restore his power and gain greater power meant for him and his nephew.

The end result is his status being elevated to that of a God.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I hope he is in the same ballpark as Phoenix now, so above Odin. After the shit done to him by bendis he deserves some respect.

zopzop
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I hope he is in the same ballpark as Phoenix now, so above Odin.
How do we know the PF is above Odin? If PF loses to Thanos, we'll know that : Odin > Thanos > PF. Because we've seen Thanos (fully powered) vs Odin on panel, Thanos put up a good fight but was losing.

carver9
I'm sure it was mentioned that he is amped Zop (thanks Galan for confirmation). The question is, will this be a permanent amp. If he does or doesn't beat Thane, it still will not be a fight with his previous power levels. Also, thought I read he will be having help as well.

TheHulkster
Do you consider Phoenix an alpha level threat?

I'm not all that sure about the level designations, but I have difficulty seeing Alpha as a level above Phoenix. What has Alpha shown?

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
How do we know the PF is above Odin? If PF loses to Thanos, we'll know that : Odin > Thanos > PF. Because we've seen Thanos (fully powered) vs Odin on panel, Thanos put up a good fight but was losing.

Maybe not Zop. I mean Thanos is supposed to gain a power up that will place him above Odin and Zeus. Maybe that's what's going on here. We know that the Phoenix Force is likely above Odin as we recently saw her warn him about contacting her again or she would burn Asgard down around Odin's arse so there's that.

TheHulkster
I'm sure it was mentioned that he is amped Zop (thanks Galan for confirmation). The question is, will this be a permanent amp. If he does or doesn't beat Thane, it still will not be a fight with his previous power levels. Also, thought I read he will be having help as well.

Galen says that he is boosted, differentiating a boost from an amp. He is boosted above the level he is at when he enters the god quarry (which is a severely weakened level), but we don't know if he is amped above his normal power level.

One can only assume that being boosted enough to compete with the Phoenix has to be an amp, but the dialogue doesn't seem to support that.

quanchi112
Thanos is by far the most successful and grandest villain of all comic book characters and about to be the pinnacle of villainy of cinematic universes as well. Look on with envy. Thanos definitely prevails.

zopzop
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos is by far the most successful and grandest villain of all comic book characters and about to be the pinnacle of villainy of cinematic universes as well. Look on with envy. Thanos definitely prevails.
Welcome back Quan! big grin

carver9
WTF...Quan is back? I'm sure temporarily.

Galan007
Galen says that he is boosted, differentiating a boost from an amp. He is boosted above the level he is at when he enters the god quarry (which is a severely weakened level), but we don't know if he is amped above his normal power level.

One can only assume that being boosted enough to compete with the Phoenix has to be an amp, but the dialogue doesn't seem to support that. Exactly. thumb up

DarkSaint85

thumb up

Inedian
Didn't Thane with PF already stomped Thanos with ease? When is the rematch?

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Inedian
Didn't Thane with PF already stomped Thanos with ease? When is the rematch?

He stomped a severely weakened and deathly ill Thanos.

Inedian
He stomped a severely weakened and deathly ill Thanos.

Ok... but since when has such level as Thanos a chance against Phoenix Force? Is this full power of PF or just some fraction? Is this an amped Thanos, and even with amp, how can he stand a chance against PF?

meep-meep
He is presumably amped to his former levels and quite possibly with the power of unknown deceased gods.

Stoic
Ok... but since when has such level as Thanos a chance against Phoenix Force? Is this full power of PF or just some fraction? Is this an amped Thanos, and even with amp, how can he stand a chance against PF?

I believe that Thane possesses the ability to use the Phoenix Force in every way (read it for yourself) but, just not sure of his ability to amp to levels capable of damaging the Asgardian Destroyer?

Insane Titan
Thanos has only gained his power back, the story makes it clear.

The writer believes Believes Thanos is that powerful he can challenge the PF. His interview on Thanos makes it clear.

Inedian
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos has only gained his power back, the story makes it clear.

The writer believes Believes Thanos is that powerful he can challenge the PF. His interview on Thanos makes it clear.

Yeah, comics are becoming more and more stupid, so wouldn't be surprised if Thanos can challenge PF, because the difference between someone like Thanos and PF is beyond enormous.

meep-meep
There's an argument to say Thane is immature with his new position. His inexperience and lack of on the fly planning will be his Achilles .

Insane Titan
Yeah, comics are becoming more and more stupid, so wouldn't be surprised if Thanos can challenge PF, because the difference between someone like Thanos and PF is beyond enormous. generally the power gap between the 2 is big , but with Infinity War movie not that far away Thanos will get a push in comics and may be written that way for a length of time.

TethAdamTheRock
Scans of thane?

Inedian
Originally posted by Insane Titan
generally the power gap between the 2 is big , but with Infinity War movie not that far away Thanos will get a push in comics and may be written that way for a length of time.

thumb up

Stoic

Thanos is an awesome character. They just need to avoid overexposure with him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.