Who is the worst writer in Star Wars history?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
Take your pick, folks.

twotter
http://wrongbuttonblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/4684032594_b83910ee90_z.jpg

UCanShootMyNova
James Luceno, Matthew Stover, Timothy Zahn.

Deronn_solo
If on Bizarro World, yeah.

SunRazer
Haven't we had this thread already?

Karpyshyn is worth mentioning but for the title of absolute worst he's edged out by the likes of Traviss, Denning and the TCW crew.

Traviss is responsible for some of the worst things to grace the EU but at least has the RC books to her name and the TCW lot have a few good episodes despite some of the trash they spew out. On the other hand, I can't think of anything Denning's written that's particularly good, and he's got his fair share of rubbish as well. So he's probably the worst on average for me.

ThirdReich
Karpyshyn

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by twotter
http://wrongbuttonblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/4684032594_b83910ee90_z.jpg
you didn't like tcw?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
you didn't like tcw?

The 2D Shorts Show was pretty good. The CGI one was kind meh to Ok, but I put that down to more Studio Stupidity then anything else.

Lord Stark
Karen Travesty

Rockydonovang
christiene goldie or the author of the ahsoka novel should be in contention

NewGuy01
thumb up Dark Disciple can't be forgiven.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by NewGuy01
thumb up Dark Disciple can't be forgiven.
thumb up Dooku losing a fight where he ragdolls his opponent twice is terrible writing, yea.

But the crappy aotc-tier om-com they were going for makes the novel terrible.

Kurk
Christie Golden and Sean Stewart

RHaggis
Christie Golden or that wifie who wrote 'Planet of Twilight'.

thesithmaster
Originally posted by twotter

This guy. He made Maul into a joke and made Grievous' backstory into utter bullcrap, while hailing his annoying little pet Ahsoka. And there were gigantic amounts of filler in the shows.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by thesithmaster
This guy. He made Maul into a joke and made Grievous' backstory into utter bullcrap, while hailing his annoying little pet Ahsoka. And there were gigantic amounts of filler in the shows.

What's Grevious backstory now? Think I missed that.

Rockydonovang
Mishandling specific characters is hardly worse than writing an overall sh!t story. TCW had fantastic characterization, action sequences, and dialogue and hence Feloni deserves credit where it's due. He did struggle with Rebels though.

Emperordmb
while hailing his annoying little pet Ahsoka.
Well, it's nice to see you come from the Zoltan school of utterly despising Ahsoka.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
He did struggle with Rebels though.

A little soft wording there. Though I think it's everyone not just him.

thesithmaster
Originally posted by Zenwolf
What's Grevious backstory now? Think I missed that.

I think it's that he was jealous of the Jedi and thus chose the improvements. It's pretty crappy. Nothing compared to his tragic Legends story, where he was interesting. I'm not sure if he was jealous of the Jedi (I just heard that) but I know for sure he chose to become that cyborg/robot (he said this in the TCW episode where Kit and Nahdar fight him in his lair) which is pretty dumb IMO.

thesithmaster
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well, it's nice to see you come from the Zoltan school of utterly despising Ahsoka.

I don't despise Ahsoka, I overall feel nor love nor hate for the character. She can be a bit annoying at times, and the Ahsoka fans on CV/KMC/YouTube haven't helped in the least. But I don't despise the character. That's taking it way too far.

Rockydonovang
I don't despise Ahsoka, I overall feel nor love nor hate for the character. She can be a bit annoying at times, and the Ahsoka fans on CV/KMC/YouTube haven't helped in the least. But I don't despise the character. That's taking it way too far.
As usual, b!tching about a fan base being biased because they have opinions that differ from yours.

Watching you get triggered by a fictional character is amusing though SM smile

carthage
TOR writers

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Emperordmb

He's right tho.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.