Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (2023)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Set for a 2020 release. This could complete one of the best trilogies of all time.
Make mine Marvel.

http://screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-3-release-date-2020/

Flyattractor
Oh? Its supposed to only be a "Trilogy" now?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Oh? Its supposed to only be a "Trilogy" now?

That James Gunn is going to direct so far... apparently.

BruceSkywalker
Who is James Gunn

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Who is James Gunn

Get with it, old man.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7859c245fb2b4f31ada41bb8b743eaba/tumblr_n9u6hoZ2Xh1qzjhsto1_500.gif

Robtard
Loved Vol1. Vol2 was good but a step down. Hoping Vol3 goes back and captures the soul of Vol1.

Don't expect it though, with the exception of Cap2, all MCU squeals have been inferior compared to their original films. Though it's looking like Thor3 will deliver here like Cap2 did.

Surtur
So is Yondu coming back or why is he shown?

John Murdoch
I really liked 1, I really liked 2, I'm sure I'll really like 3.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Get with it, old man.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7859c245fb2b4f31ada41bb8b743eaba/tumblr_n9u6hoZ2Xh1qzjhsto1_500.gif

well you will be dead soon so.. bye bye...

Surtur
Nooooo! Can't be Grumpy if you are dead sad

marwash22
meh.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Robtard
Vol2 was good but a step down.

Don't agree.

Originally posted by Surtur
So is Yondu coming back or why is he shown?

He's dead.

Patient_Leech
Vol. 2 is better on second viewing. Probably even better on 3rd viewing, but haven't gotten there yet. Yes, it feels a little clunkier and forced than Vol. 1, but it's still good.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Probably even better on 3rd viewing, but haven't gotten there yet.

It is. Imho.

But you need to see for yourself.

-Pr-
Eh, I like 2, but I do think it was a step down. For all the good it has, it does bad too. I don't think it's even on the same level as the 1st one, but it's still better than the weaker Marvel movies. I do hope 3 is better though, as I was a big fan of the first one.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Eh, I like 2, but I do think it was a step down.

Ok... but, why, Pr?

I can agree that the music was inferior (with the exception of Brandy).

But what else? It was a great movie. If it had been the same as #1, you would've criticized it more.

Not saying you're wrong, just want to hear the details.

playa1258
The forced humor, Baby Groot and a weak first half are what dragged it down for me.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ok... but, why, Pr?

I can agree that the music was inferior (with the exception of Brandy).

But what else? It was a great movie. If it had been the same as #1, you would've criticized it more.

Not saying you're wrong, just want to hear the details.

Some massive tonal shifts bothered me. I thought they were far too heavy-handed with the jokes, going further than they really needed to. I thought Yondu's arc, while good by the end, felt kinda rushed. ****ing Pacman and that stupid Superman fight.

Also, the gold race really felt like they were only put in so they could do the whole Adam Warlock reveal at the end.

There is plenty about the movie that I like, mind you. It was really entertaining and I wasn't exactly annoyed about it. I just don't think it lives up to the first in terms of writing and the like.

I did like Kurt Russell though. And Baby Groot.

playa1258
I liked Star Lord and he IMO is one of the overall best characters in the MCU.

Yondu was a standout and Kurt Russell was really good.

Villains is one the things the MCU has improved on. Now if they can dial down the forced humor in Infinity War I will be a happy man.

quanchi112
The shitty taste on this board.

StiltmanFTW
Some massive tonal shifts bothered me. I thought they were far too heavy-handed with the jokes, going further than they really needed to. I thought Yondu's arc, while good by the end, felt kinda rushed. ****ing Pacman and that stupid Superman fight.

Also, the gold race really felt like they were only put in so they could do the whole Adam Warlock reveal at the end.

There is plenty about the movie that I like, mind you. It was really entertaining and I wasn't exactly annoyed about it. I just don't think it lives up to the first in terms of writing and the like.

I did like Kurt Russell though. And Baby Groot.

Jokes were to be expected. You knew it. I knew it. Pacman? Ok, for 2017 year, that really wasn't too much, but I can see how you've had enough of it.

Hey. You can blame many MCU movies for putting stuff like that at the end. Warlock at the end of GotG 2 really wasnt as bad as other endinds.

Anyway, all your opinion. I'm glad you agree with me on Russell's performance, at least. I did not enjoy Baby Groot, btw - kill me.

BruceSkywalker
vol 3 better feature nudity

StiltmanFTW

Bruce as always right thumb up

Lots of nudity, asshots and other snacks.

Darth Thor
^ You 2 got a thing for Chris Pratt?

Kazenji
Most likely closeted homo's.

-Pr-
Jokes were to be expected. You knew it. I knew it. Pacman? Ok, for 2017 year, that really wasn't too much, but I can see how you've had enough of it.

Hey. You can blame many MCU movies for putting stuff like that at the end. Warlock at the end of GotG 2 really wasnt as bad as other endinds.

Anyway, all your opinion. I'm glad you agree with me on Russell's performance, at least. I did not enjoy Baby Groot, btw - kill me.

I don't mind jokes. I do mind so many jokes that they ended up seeming extremely forced at times.

I don't mind Pacman as a thing. I thought it made no thematic sense when he's fighting the man that killed his mother. Civil War, which does have its problems, did that properly.

I just thought the gold people were stupid, even if it was nice to see Mitchell from Stargate again.

Best parts of the movie, though? Mister Blue bit at the start, Yondu at the end, and Drax is definitely the highlight, by a LONG way.

Kazenji
Mark Hamill to meet James Gunn for a possible role

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/mark-hamiil-james-gunn-to-meet-talk-about-potential-role-in-guardians-3-898?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=JoBloFB

Ridley_Prime

BruceSkywalker

Flyattractor

Bruce as always right thumb up

Lots of nudity, asshots and other snacks.

Nah, That must makes Brucie look like a Retarded Shut in that aint smart enough to figure out what the Interwebs is.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Mark Hamill to meet James Gunn for a possible role

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/mark-hamiil-james-gunn-to-meet-talk-about-potential-role-in-guardians-3-898?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=JoBloFB

Hopefully it'll be a juicy role, some sort of creepy villain. That would be fun to see.

steverules_2

Surtur
Too funny.

Surtur
I wonder who is responsible for this outrage culture though. Almost like those who fanned these flames are now getting burned.

Robtard
The Daily Caller (a Cult of Trump site) was the one who brought attention to Gunn's old 2008-2009 inappropriate tweets as retaliation against Gunn because he's been a very vocal critic of Trump and it hurt their feelings.

Lol, Trumper snowflakes, love their hypocrisy.

As for a replacement, not sure who I'd want. Do hope it's someone with a similar vision he has of the franchise, would hate for it to go to shit over this.

Surtur
The Daily Caller (a Cult of Trump site) was the one who brought attention to Gunn's old 2008-2009 tweets as retaliation against Gunn because he's been a very vocal critic of Trump and it hurt their feelings.

Lol, Trumper snowflakes, love their hypocrisy.

As for a replacement, not sure who I'd want. Do hope it's someone with a similar vision he has of the franchise, would hate for it to go to shit over this.

Lol actually the background is quite amusing.

Have you heard about the whole thing between Ben Shapiro and Mark Duplass? Maybe I spelled Mark's name wrong, but he is an indie director and an actor. He is a leftist. He tweeted out some pro Ben tweet. Got burned for it. Then deleted it.

James Gunn came to his defense. Then a few days later this happens.

I dunno, weird. But yeah, it is hypocritical. But I can't be too upset because leftists created this environment. It's like a mad scientist who invents something without realizing it might be used against them one day.

Makes me chuckle.

BackFire
Taika Waititi should direct and put Thor in with the GotG in the next movie. That combination was really great in Infinity War and his style of humor would go nicely with GoTG.

Surtur
Also one tweet was about a tree coming to life or something and blowing some kid.

Was this dude just getting off on all the Groot scenes?

Robtard
Lol actually the background is quite amusing.

Have you heard about the whole thing between Ben Shapiro and Mark Duplass? Maybe I spelled Mark's name wrong, but he is an indie director and an actor. He is a leftist. He tweeted out some pro Ben tweet. Got burned for it. Then deleted it.

James Gunn came to his defense. Then a few days later this happens.

I dunno, weird. But yeah, it is hypocritical. But I can't be too upset because leftists created this environment. It's like a mad scientist who invents something without realizing it might be used against them one day.

Makes me chuckle.

However you people need to cope I guess.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Taika Waititi should direct and put Thor in with the GotG in the next movie. That combination was really great in Infinity War and his style of humor would go nicely with GoTG.

^ Actually an excellent idea. If not mixing in Thor, still have Waititi do it, he doesn't need a break.

Surtur
However you people need to cope I guess.

I don't need to cope with anything really. This is irrelevant to me. We got 2 decent GotG movies.

I do chuckle at the absurdity, and I'd never in a million years have fired him over this. But I just can't help but laugh at how out of control this is becoming. I saw a screen image showing this guy deleted like 10k tweets. Went from having 31k to 20k lol.

Robtard
Right. <--- sarcasm

You don't understand why Disney fired a guy over pedo and rape jokes? I do, they have an image to keep. He's since apologized and said he used to make crude humor for fun and to get a rise out of people, but he's not the same man he was years ago. Still, Disney has to protect their image first and foremost.

BackFire
Disney really had no choice, they have an image they need to protect and someone making a bunch of rape and pedophilia jokes is not going to be acceptable to them. One does have to wonder why they even hired him in the first place, though, surely they saw these tweets prior to that.

It's really too bad, it's actually hard to overstate how big a deal this is. As far as behind the scenes people go, this is honestly probably second only to Feige himself getting fired, as Gunn, besides making GotG3, had recently been put in charge of the entire cosmic slate of the MCU that were upcoming in phase 4.

BruceSkywalker
Zack the hack Snyder

Surtur
Come on. This was said in jest. You people are lunatics I swear.

I think this guy is an SJW based on how I've seen him act in the past but damn. This shit is getting out of control in a way. The only solace is that it is no longer mostly relegated to one side.

Dreampanther
The new director cast by Disney was announced.

https://i.imgur.com/V5TyT1n.jpg

Surtur
Disney really had no choice, they have an image they need to protect and someone making a bunch of rape and pedophilia jokes is not going to be acceptable to them. One does have to wonder why they even hired him in the first place, though, surely they saw these tweets prior to that.

It's really too bad, it's actually hard to overstate how big a deal this is. As far as behind the scenes people go, this is honestly probably second only to Feige himself getting fired, as Gunn, besides making GotG3, had recently been put in charge of the entire cosmic slate of the MCU that were upcoming in phase 4.

Come on now. They had a choice. I bet you if they had just sat and let this play out they wouldn't have really lost anything.

Oh shit some guy made some dumb jokes years ago. Do people think he is truly pro pedophilia? I don't get it.

Robtard
It's Disney, Surt. You know, the wholesome family orientated corporation giant. Really not hard to understand why they fired a guy over rape and pedo jokes.

BackFire
Come on now. They had a choice. I bet you if they had just sat and let this play out they wouldn't have really lost anything.

Oh shit some guy made some dumb jokes years ago. Do people think he is truly pro pedophilia? I don't get it.

No of course not, but again, this is Disney, they are still, first and foremost, a family company, and I don't blame them at all for wanting to sever ties here, even though yeah the jokes were old and if they really really wanted to they probably could have ridden it out. But there'd obviously be a great deal of controversy over that decision that they probably feared would hurt their family-friendly image. I really can't blame them.

Robtard

I do wonder if they're still going to tap into his ideas already penned out while not officially given him credit instead of starting completely fresh.

BackFire
I do wonder if they're still going to tap into his ideas already penned out while not officially given him credit instead of starting completely fresh.

Apparently he had already finished the script and was going to start filming later this year. I imagine they will still use that script, so he'll probably still get a writing credit of some sort.

Rage.Of.Olympus

BackFire
Honestly he really should have scrubbed his twitter account as soon as Disney hired him. It was stupid of him not to since he had like dozens of these jokes.

Robtard
Eh, pretty sure his contract would allow in Disney not giving him credit in such specific cases while using the material that is theirs even if he wrote it. Corporations protect themselves that way.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Dreampanther
The new director cast by Disney was announced.

https://i.imgur.com/V5TyT1n.jpg

yea Zack Snyder will be announced...

BackFire
Eh, pretty sure his contract would allow in Disney not giving him credit in such specific cases.

I don't believe so. The WGA is very strict about these things and if they use his script he will legally have to get a credit unless they change it so much that his ideas are no longer recognizable.

Robtard
Fair enough then. Though I have heard of contracts specially singling out that the company can keep rights while not giving credit, or terminating contracts without paying out the early terminating fees, if certain violations happen like being charged with a crime (not in Gunn's case), as a means to protect themselves.

StiltmanFTW

StiltmanFTW
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=645794&pagenumber=1

BackFire
Fair enough then. Though I have heard of contracts specially singling out that the company can keep rights while not giving credit, or terminating contracts without paying out the early terminating fees, if certain violations happen like being charged with a crime (not in Gunn's case), as a means to protect themselves.

Yeah, I suppose it's possible, but I think in Gunn's case if they use his script, he will need to get some kind of writing credit.

steverules_2
It's on the fourth page, Quan started it. You're so lazy, steve.

But considering the latest news... yeah, it deserves a brand new thread...

My thread shall reign supreme

Robtard
Send a request to Impediment to merge this thread with the GoTG3 thread thread, I'm sure he can find 2mins to do it between his busy schedule of blowing sweaty truckers at his local truck stop gloryhole and masturbating in Church confessional booths.

steverules_2
Send a request to Impediment to merge this thread with the GoTG3 thread thread, I'm sure he can find 2mins to do it between his busy schedule of blowing sweaty truckers at his local truck stop gloryhole and masturbating in Church confessional booths.

Heard he goes to the dock gloryhole too for the fisherman or should I say seamen awesome

Inhuman
I like Gunn, but the Silver Lining could be that another director can take Guardians in a new direction or maybe make it more like the first movie. Guardians 2 , Gunn went a little over the top with the kind of humor he decided to implement into that movie.

Look at how the Russos handled the Guardians in Infinity War. I thought they did a good job.

Impediment
Merged dupe thread into the existing thread.

Patient_Leech
Mother****er, I just read about James Gunn being fired. ****ing sucks. I haven't actually seen the old relevant tweets, but goddamn it.

Patient_Leech

No, I didn't think Thor 3 was very funny at all. It was a poor imitation of GotG.

But you're probably right, it's probably what Disney will do.

Is it not possible that they would at least let Gunn still write Vol 3?

BruceSkywalker
Zack Snyder will get hired

Kazenji
Load of bs

getting fired over some old tweets, I can understand if it was recent but it wasn't.

StiltmanFTW
Really bad tweets.

Kazenji
Really bad tweets.

And some old tweets at that.

StiltmanFTW
Have you read them...?

Kazenji

Dr Will Hatch
Hope the rape apologist Trumptard Mike Cernobitch has a heart attack.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Inhuman
I like Gunn, but the Silver Lining could be that another director can take Guardians in a new direction or maybe make it more like the first movie. Guardians 2 , Gunn went a little over the top with the kind of humor he decided to implement into that movie.

Look at how the Russos handled the Guardians in Infinity War. I thought they did a good job.

Gunn wrote the Guardians' scenes in Infinity War.

Gunn has no way to explain away what he did, the flipside is the MCU has lost one of the few directors that can do something a bit different than the cookie-cutter stuff we've gotten in the past.

steverules_2
Have you read them...?

What did he say?

NemeBro
https://u.teknik.io/OeDa9.jpeg

steverules_2
Ohhhh phuck

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Hope the rape apologist Trumptard Mike Cernobitch has a heart attack.

thumb up

I love how the Catholic church got caught red handed actually BEING an ORGANIZED pedophile ring and barely felt the hit, but James Gunn loses his job for a few unfunny and poor taste tweets. Apparently actions and proof don't matter, but words are the most damaging weapon. Money and power rule. Free speech is taking a lot of hits lately.

Gunn has no way to explain away what he did, the flipside is the MCU has lost one of the few directors that can do something a bit different than the cookie-cutter stuff we've gotten in the past.

Yeah, very sad sad

-Pr-
I would feel more for Gunn, but iirc he was one of the people that came out and condemned Roseanne Barr for what she did.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by steverules_2
What did he say?

Way too many pedo "jokes":

https://imgur.com/a/rvbDryr#wu4yhY7

Originally posted by steverules_2
Ohhhh phuck

That's not even the worst one.

Surtur
I saw more of his tweets now and yeah Disney made the right call.

I still don't even have a problem with the "alt right" being the ones tracking this down. Just like it was a leftist tracking down shit Milo said years ago. Both sides do this shit. Either it's okay for all or okay for none.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, you definitely can't blame Disney for severing ties. They're certainly in poor taste and not funny.

-Pr-
If he wanted to be smart, he should have started deleting shit the minute he got the first Guardians film. He should have known better.

steverules_2

Rage.Of.Olympus

Esau Cairn
I saw more of his tweets now and yeah Disney made the right call.

I read the tweets & honestly whether one found them funny or not...they were made for shock value & nothing more IMO.

I mean Disney would've known of Gunn's past in films.
He wrote the script for Tromeo & Juliet that dealt in wanton violence, incest & rape.

In Super, Ellen Paige's character rapes someone for laughs.

Then there was James Gunn's PG Porn. A web series of pornography spoofs.

Disney knew all this was Gunn's previous history & repertoire before hiring him for the GOTG franchise.

It's kinda hypocritical to turn around & fire him for actions done years prior to being hired by Disney.

This is the same Disney that allowed Gunn to run twice with the joke of space pirates kidnapping a little boy with the sole purpose of eating him for laughs...& still show how it left a traumatic effect to Quill's character growing up.

roughrider
Way too many pedo "jokes":

https://imgur.com/a/rvbDryr#wu4yhY7

That's not even the worst one.

I think they were just for shock value, but you play with fire too often in social media, you will get burned these days.

I personally wouldn't have fired him, but odds are he wouldn't have stopped until something like this happened.

The question is - who's the one to take over GOTG3? It's so much a James Gunn creation...

The Russo Brothers handled the gang awesomely in Infinity War, but they might want a break after Infinity War 2.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by roughrider
The Russo Brothers handled the gang awesomely in Infinity War, but they might want a break after Infinity War 2.

Didn't Gunn write their parts in IW?

roughrider
Didn't Gunn write their parts in IW?

I know he came in and consulted on the script regarding the Guardians characters, but the Russo's directed the actors.

Zack M
They will hire him back. Don't worry.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Zack M
They will hire him back. Don't worry.

What makes you think so?

Surtur
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I read the tweets & honestly whether one found them funny or not...they were made for shock value & nothing more IMO.

I mean Disney would've known of Gunn's past in films.
He wrote the script for Tromeo & Juliet that dealt in wanton violence, incest & rape.

In Super, Ellen Paige's character rapes someone for laughs.

Then there was James Gunn's PG Porn. A web series of pornography spoofs.

Disney knew all this was Gunn's previous history & repertoire before hiring him for the GOTG franchise.

It's kinda hypocritical to turn around & fire him for actions done years prior to being hired by Disney.

This is the same Disney that allowed Gunn to run twice with the joke of space pirates kidnapping a little boy with the sole purpose of eating him for laughs...& still show how it left a traumatic effect to Quill's character growing up.

But Disney owns ABC right? So they fired Roseanne. How can they not get rid of this guy?

Flyattractor
Voting for Trump is WORSE then Pedophilia.

Surtur
Her ex husband Tom Arnold has a show dedicated to getting tapes on Trump. Not kidding.

Impediment
Let's stay on topic, please.

Surtur
I just wanna know if Groot has a #MeToo moment that needs to be shared.

Holy shit...wait..oh my. James Gunn killed an adult Groot and had him come back as a kid!!! Was this so he could live out his sick fantasies about children and trees?

Flyattractor
There is a Seed Joke there but I will refrain.

StiltmanFTW
Stop using that limegreen font.

BruceSkywalker
Stop using that limegreen font.

i stopped playing attention to Flea or Fly, (whatever his dumb name is) a long time ago

Esau Cairn

Surtur

Darth Thor
Dont like the way his past was dig up like this.

This is not like Rosanne where it was the present not past.

Also these tweets were not some secret that Disney was unaware of when Marvel first hired Gunn for GOTG.

Surtur
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Also these tweets were not some secret that Disney was unaware of when Marvel first hired Gunn for GOTG.

Lol this is what I don't get. You say it was in the past and not the present like he's 27 now and posted this when he was 17.

But no, he's over 50 years old and was in his 40s when he said this.

Zack M
What makes you think so?

Backlash Disney is getting.

Surtur
Celebrities need to STOP defending James Gunn and preferably delete their social media accounts. I'm not saying staff off them forever, just get a new account.

Patton Oswalt opened his mouth to defend Gunn.

Now tweets from Oswalt are being unearthed, tweets about how he likes children to rub his cock. And another tweet from Oswalt about letting NAMBLA members f*ck whoever they want.

Holy shit maybe Hollywood DOES have a pedo problem lol.

Darth Thor
Lol this is what I don't get. You say it was in the past and not the present like he's 27 now and posted this when he was 17.

But no, he's over 50 years old and was in his 40s when he said this.

Its not about his age.

Its about hiring him in the first place, using him to make you a billion dollar franchise, and then years later suddenly deciding you have a problem with his past.

NemeBro

But no, he's over 50 years old and was in his 40s when he said this. It was in the past in the sense that it was well before he was hired by Disney.

Roseanne was saying that shit while her show was airing.

With that said, tbh people above the age of thirty shouldn't be allowed to use the internet without supervision.

Kazenji

And they were also jokes maybe in poor taste, Jokes nonetheless

seen from one site they were trying to compare him to to Bill Cosby, Roman Polanski and Jerry Lee Lewis, One of those things isn't like the other's.

NemeBro
Comparing him to actual sexual predators is idiotic yeah.

Esau Cairn
If I belonged to the side with a bunch of SJW's that specialize in outrage culture I would look like a big ol' piece of shit if I whined over such a thing though and screamed "not fair!!!".

Err this isn't about someone throwing a hissy fit & screaming "unfair."

It's about someone potentially losing his means of having a future career.

BackFire
He's a talented filmmaker and since hitting the mainstream with GotG has not said anything like this again. I think it's perfectly understandable why Disney parted ways with him because of the image they have to maintain, but he will absolutely have a career elsewhere after this.

Surtur
Originally posted by Kazenji
And they were also jokes maybe in poor taste, Jokes nonetheless

seen from one site they were trying to compare him to to Bill Cosby, Roman Polanski and Jerry Lee Lewis, One of those things isn't like the other's.

It's the new era we live in. Reminds me of how Matt Damon got shit on for daring to say not all #MeToo instances were the same. It's pathetic.

Surtur
He's a talented filmmaker and since hitting the mainstream with GotG has not said anything like this again. I think it's perfectly understandable why Disney parted ways with him because of the image they have to maintain, but he will absolutely have a career elsewhere after this.

Lets say he never works again. How has someone who has written and directed two massively successful films that made a lot of money...not reached the point where they are worth enough money they never need to work again?

I realize he is probably passionate about his work, but if the worst case scenario is the rich guy doesn't get to do the job he loves anymore...meh, I don't care. Many people would love to have such a dilemma.

BackFire
I don't think anyone's concerned that he will run out of money or anything - he's obviously very rich and could easily live out the rest of his life twiddling his dick if he like - but that they like the movies he makes and so want to see him continue making more at some point.

Esau Cairn

I realize he is probably passionate about his work, but if the worst case scenario is the rich guy doesn't get to do the job he loves anymore...meh, I don't care. Many people would love to have such a dilemma.

And yet you avoided directly answering my previous question.

What if this happened to an average Joe?
That he/she suddenly found themselves being criticised & job in jeopardy for something that was said in the past.

I'm currently working for a Jewish Charity Organisation for the past 3 years. I signed a contract that I wouldn't say anything negative about them whilst employed.

Should I be re-checking all my past posts I've made on message boards & FB & delete anything that might be considered bad taste towards Jews or anyone less fortunate?

OR should I simply rest assured that whilst I've been in their employment, I've showed them nothing but professional respect?

Surtur
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
And yet you avoided directly answering my previous question.

What if this happened to an average Joe?
That he/she suddenly found themselves being criticised & job in jeopardy for something that was said in the past.

I'm currently working for a Jewish Charity Organisation for the past 3 years. I signed a contract that I wouldn't say anything negative about them whilst employed.

Should I be re-checking all my past posts I've made on message boards & FB & delete anything that might be considered bad taste towards Jews or anyone less fortunate?

OR should I simply rest assured that whilst I've been in their employment, I've showed them nothing but professional respect?

It depends on how your employers feel. Charities need donations. If you were in an important enough position in the company that your actions could have an impact on how things are done...I would say yeah maybe it would be a good idea.

Like if 10 years ago you tweeted "how do you fit 100 jews in a car? 4 in the seats and 96 in the ashtray" as a joke. Yeah...you should probably delete it lol.

Then again you aren't famous and thus people would have little reason to go digging around in your tweets.

DarthPlaguis12

Surtur

quanchi112
****ing assholes got Gunn fired resurrrecting ten year old tweets. Now who knows since he is what made Gotg great.

Patient_Leech
I doubt James Gunn's history was any secret to Disney...

WvrA0ydf8y8

Darth Thor
No it wasnt.

Hence the stupidity. Theyve literally used then fired him.

quanchi112
https://screenrant.com/james-gunn-mcu-fan-petition-disney-rehire-guardians-galaxy-3/

Gunn needs to be rehired. Enough of this bullshit.

StiltmanFTW
Over 100,000 signatures already thumb up But those petitions never work.

Celebs are deleting thousands of tweets as we speak.

quanchi112
He was fantastic at his job and is the Gotg to me. He brought them to life. This still pisses me off.

Patient_Leech
All it would take for Disney would be to say, "We knew about Gunn's past and also knew that he is sincere in his rebuking of such comments now, and see no reason to let him go now because of it."

Done.

But I doubt that would happen. Disney is too much of a die hard social justice warrior camp now.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by quanchi112
He was fantastic at his job and is the Gotg to me. He brought them to life. This still pisses me off.

Yes. I feel the same.

Bautista and his brother are the only ones trying to defend him atm. Check out Bautista's twitter.

quanchi112
Yes. I feel the same.

Bautista and his brother are the only ones trying to defend him atm. Check out Bautista's twitter. I read it. These are ten year old tweets unearthed becaause of some ahole conservative. This makes me sick. Everyone is way to reactionary and impulsive these days to just crush people.

StiltmanFTW
I read it. These are ten year old tweets unearthed becaause of some ahole conservative. This makes me sick. Everyone is way to reactionary and impulsive these days to just crush people.

Not all of them. Some are from 2012.

Mike Cernovich, right? He apparently made a lot of awful tweets in the past, too. He also said that Gunn is the first of many... sigh.

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112

StiltmanFTW

quanchi112
Google some of Cernovich's tweets. You'll facepalm hard at that shit. I will later I imagine my blood will start to boil when I do.

StiltmanFTW

Patient_Leech
Jesus Christ... get ready for all of our favorite artists to be fired and replaced with lame, squeaky clean nobodies.

StiltmanFTW
Gunn himself deleted like 10,000 tweets, I think? But it was too late.

This is only going to get worse. Only question is, who's next?

Dr Will Hatch
Google some of Cernovich's tweets. You'll facepalm hard at that shit.

The f.uckface is also indirectly responsible for promoting all that "Every shooting is a false flag!" conspiracy bullshit. Cernovich is another guy who needs to be smacked around a little bit like Richard Spencer.

Esau Cairn
Gunn himself deleted like 10,000 tweets, I think? But it was too late.

Yeah but put this in perspective....Gunn mass deleted 10,000 of his tweets rather than going through each one individually.

It's not implying that Gunn made 10,000 pedo remarks.

Dr Will Hatch
https://www.instagram.com/p/BljB2QzHF-C/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Bobcat Goldthwaite calling out Disney for making money off of Victor Salva's film Powder. Salva is an actual pedophile who has hurt real children. This has been known for years about him, but still, no real condemnation from Disney.

Darth Thor
Over 100,000 signatures already thumb up But those petitions never work.

Hes done at Disney. But at least the petition could encourage other studios to still work with him, so his career isnt completely destroyed.

He isnt Kevin Spacey or Harvey Weinstein so doesnt deserve to be treated like he is.

Surtur

relentless1
**** em; i could care less about what he said but if youre gonna **** over a guy like Hulk Hogan for being recored in private saying some shit then Gunn is in those same crosshairs... is it the depth of childish idiocy to bring up something from 10 years ago and get a guy fired for it today? you betcha. But that the sad state of the world these days.. also Gunn aint all that good a director so its not like its a huge loss or anything.... first GOTG was good second one was meh

quanchi112
Gunn is an excellent director you witless baboon.

Robtard
Hes done at Disney. But at least the petition could encourage other studios to still work with him, so his career isnt completely destroyed.

He isnt Kevin Spacey or Harvey Weinstein so doesnt deserve to be treated like he is.

Gunn will work again, he's a talented director, those were shock tweets from a decade ago; he's explained that and apologized for trolling and he doesn't seem to be a legit pedo. Might be a couple years though until the dust settles, but you will see his name as director.

So the only thing those Alt-Right Trumpers did in the end was potentially lower the quality of the MCU where Gunn was concerned. If that makes them happy, whatever.

BackFire
Gunn should go back to his roots and direct a film for Troma.

Surtur
Gunn will work again, he's a talented director, those were shock tweets from a decade ago; he's explained that and apologized for trolling and he doesn't seem to be a legit pedo. Might be a couple years though until the dust settles, but you will see his name as director.

So the only thing those Alt-Right Trumpers did in the end was potentially lower the quality of the MCU where Gunn was concerned. If that makes them happy, whatever.

I don't want quality decreased, but I do want people held to the same standards.

This happened to James Gunn. It's unfortunate, but meh. He is part of an emerging aspect of our culture that has lead us to this.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Dr Will Hatch
^ Alt-righters saying "I want to kill Jews" isn't the same as stupid edgelord jokes from a decade ago.

Surtur
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
^ Alt-righters saying "I want to kill Jews" isn't the same as stupid edgelord jokes from a decade ago.

You don't think edgelords say shit about jews too? I'm confused.

And we aren't even just talking about people like that. Milo had pedo comments. Kevin Williamson had comments about hanging women for abortion cuz he believes it is murder.

F*cked up? Yes. Less f*cked up than the shit James Gunn tweeted out? No, not really.

quanchi112
Surtur once again with false equivocation.

Surtur
Surtur once again with false equivocation.

Lol no.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>