Wonder Woman Runs the gaunlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Aquaman
Gamora
She Hulk
Abomination
Hercules
Skaar
Red Hulk
Green Scar

Philosophía
Clears it.

Flyattractor
Which Rulk? Cause aint there 2 or 3 now?

Stoic
Stops at Rulk before the spite nerf.

Damborgson
Does she get her atom cutting sword? No rest?

Sin I AM
If she makes it past She Hulk she loses to Blonsky

shadowknight
clears it

Prof. T.C McAbe
Clears it, near equal strength to the strongest on the list, vastly faster, vastly better at h2h and lasso+sword.

SamZED
I think she will stop at Herc.

DarkSaint85
Would be interesting how the lasso works on Herc, but only due to his demigod status.

Otherwise, clears.or stops at Hulk.

spetznaz
The only person there that could (potentially) no sell WW's superior attributes is Hulk. Why? Because he has the ability to amp up, and could potentially amp up to a point where he is invulnerable to physical attack (there is a big debate that can be had on whether WW could decapitate him before he got to that level - and I have strong thoughts on that - but let's put that aside for now)

For the rest ...no.

Why?

Think of it this way ...you have a being that is (1) as strong as they are (I could say stronger, but let's put that aside as well); (2) is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than they are (and we know DC's emphasis on speed, so this is a character that's moving faster than Quicksilver); (3) has the ability to attack from three dimensions (flight); (4) has been trained to be one of the best warriors in the cosmos; (5) does not play with her food (meaning she will go for the win instantly rather than playing 'punch trading' with her opponent); and finally (6) has weapons that are god forged (including that sword from Hephaestus, that's magically contained in her bracelets, that can literally slice an atom and was used to create a nuclear detonation).

Now - if what we want is for the characters to stand two feet from each other and enact a WWE punch fest, then that's another thing (and characters like Hercules get a fair showing). However, if it is a real fight - vale tudo, anything goes - and from jump the characters use all of their abilities, then the outcome is very simple.

WW (easily) gets to Green Scar, and then the real debate starts there. I could easily say she clears this list (again, assuming we are not enacting WWE 'you punch then I punch'), but I will leave it at 'easily gets to Green Scar, and the real fight starts there - a fight dependent on just how quickly Hulk can amp up')

DarkSaint85
Good analysis, and that doesn't even include her weaponry like her lasso.

spetznaz
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Good analysis, and that doesn't even include her weaponry like her lasso.

Another way to look at it is as follows - imagine you have two equivalent main battle tanks. The two MBTs, say both are American M1A2 Abrams, have equivalent weaponry (strength). They are both manned by extremely well trained crews adept at maneuver and tactics (skill at arms). They both have the same level of armor protection (durability).

However ...imagine one of the tanks somehow has the ability to move across three dimensions (flight). This means that this magical tank can engage and disengage at will.

On top of that, this magical tank can also move with the speed of he fastest fighter jet in that magical planet, and maneuver at those speeds (super speed and reflexes).

So - the two tanks engage each other. The normal tank at one end, and the magic tank at the other end. Both tanks are 100% equal, with the exception of the magic tank being able to fly and move at super speed.

It is obvious which tank will win.

Now - if both tanks engage in what I was referring to a WWE slug fest (in this case, it would manifest as both tanks stopping at a close distance from each other, each pointing its turret to the other, and then they both take turns firing their main guns at each other like stupid oafs). That's what I see many posters trying to make forum battles be like - two idiots punching each other like Mayweather and McGregor in a boxing ring.

However, if it is not about trading blows - then it will be like Mayweather and McGregor in a UFC ring, where the fight would probably last under a minute.

Anyway - the two tanks analogy. Equal in weapons and manpower and armor ...but one can fly and move faster than a jet. The tank is limited will die EVERY TIME unless stupidity is inserted into the mix.

In the real world - they don't even have to be equal. Look at an attack helicopter. Compared to a tank, it is flimsy and weak. Yet, in virtually every engagement, the chopper will kill the tank. One 'flimsy compared to a tank' Apache attack helicopter can outrightly kill up to 16 heavy main battle tanks.

But in KMC I am sure there would be some who would want the chopper to land ten feet from the tank, and then they both start firing at each other! In such a case the tank can win ...but have both playing to their best, and there are very few tanks that could survive even a basic attack helicopter.

Now imagine a tank that can fly and move at speed...

With PIS/CIS anything is possible ...but in a forum fight there are certain engagements that people support (because they like one character or hate another) that should honestly be considered spite. Or should be considered spite ...like me giving Quicksilver the strength of Hercules, the skill of Captain America, the durability of the Thing, and a blade sharper than Wolverine's claws - among other things - and having this amped QS fight Abomination. People would say spite, yet they debate similar threads all the time.

Stoic
Originally posted by spetznaz
Another way to look at it is as follows - imagine you have two equivalent main battle tanks. The two MBTs, say both are American M1A2 Abrams, have equivalent weaponry (strength). They are both manned by extremely well trained crews adept at maneuver and tactics (skill at arms). They both have the same level of armor protection (durability).

However ...imagine one of the tanks somehow has the ability to move across three dimensions (flight). This means that this magical tank can engage and disengage at will.

On top of that, this magical tank can also move with the speed of he fastest fighter jet in that magical planet, and maneuver at those speeds (super speed and reflexes).

So - the two tanks engage each other. The normal tank at one end, and the magic tank at the other end. Both tanks are 100% equal, with the exception of the magic tank being able to fly and move at super speed.

It is obvious which tank will win.

Now - if both tanks engage in what I was referring to a WWE slug fest (in this case, it would manifest as both tanks stopping at a close distance from each other, each pointing its turret to the other, and then they both take turns firing their main guns at each other like stupid oafs). That's what I see many posters trying to make forum battles be like - two idiots punching each other like Mayweather and McGregor in a boxing ring.

However, if it is not about trading blows - then it will be like Mayweather and McGregor in a UFC ring, where the fight would probably last under a minute.

Anyway - the two tanks analogy. Equal in weapons and manpower and armor ...but one can fly and move faster than a jet. The tank is limited will die EVERY TIME unless stupidity is inserted into the mix.

In the real world - they don't even have to be equal. Look at an attack helicopter. Compared to a tank, it is flimsy and weak. Yet, in virtually every engagement, the chopper will kill the tank. One 'flimsy compared to a tank' Apache attack helicopter can outrightly kill up to 16 heavy main battle tanks.

But in KMC I am sure there would be some who would want the chopper to land ten feet from the tank, and then they both start firing at each other! In such a case the tank can win ...but have both playing to their best, and there are very few tanks that could survive even a basic attack helicopter.

Now imagine a tank that can fly and move at speed...

With PIS/CIS anything is possible ...but in a forum fight there are certain engagements that people support (because they like one character or hate another) that should honestly be considered spite. Or should be considered spite ...like me giving Quicksilver the strength of Hercules, the skill of Captain America, the durability of the Thing, and a blade sharper than Wolverine's claws - among other things - and having this amped QS fight Abomination. People would say spite, yet they debate similar threads all the time.

If we were using Rulk at his most powerful how would she be faster than he was? He was able to use the power cosmic after he ran into the Silver Surfer after all, so why wouldn't he be able to add her powers to his?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Aquaman
Gamora
She Hulk
Abomination
Hercules
Skaar
Red Hulk
Green Scar

Can you explain the terms of the fight? The gauntlet i was thinkin of is one after the other..no rest and no weapons.

TethAdamTheRock
She gets rest after each, standard weapons

Genii96
Does her get his weapons too?

Zack M
Clears it.

Insane Titan
Yeah she aces that list

spetznaz
Originally posted by Stoic
If we were using Rulk at his most powerful how would she be faster than he was? He was able to use the power cosmic after he ran into the Silver Surfer after all, so why wouldn't he be able to add her powers to his?

My post was based on averages. Obviously if both 'tanks' (to maintain my analogy) are fast, then you have equilibrium and it's a real fight. However, if you have one tank based on the ground, and another tank that has similar capabilities to the first -but is able to fly and move at high speed - then what one has is a beating and not a fight.

So, if Rulk at his most powerful has the power cosmic and can match certain speed, then yes - she would be in trouble.

However, that belies my point. My point is simply this - a lot of the fights one sees in KMC are fake fights. They are exactly the same type of crap one would see in a comic book. Where, out of PIS/CIS, characters that are not peers actually end up having a chance. E.g., Batman vs Superman (possible in a comic, impossible in a forum), Captain America vs Hulk, Wolverine vs Thor, etc. I am using those examples to avoid fans from jumping in and derailing the message, but those examples can be easily extrapolated to a lot of 'fights' I see on KMC.

Anyway - to your point. Yes, Rulk at his best (with those abilities you mentioned) has a chance. So does normal Hulk when he is angry enough and becomes physically unstoppable.

But that tank vs tank analogy should easily explain why I personally don't comment on most threads. Most of them involve characters that are not peers.

DarkSaint85
Also, Rulk doesn't just copy powers. He's not Mimic.

In addition, he studied Surfer extensively before he met him (using Doom and Reed's files) AND that Surfer was a noob, IIRC. As in, he had just gotten his powers.

Stoic
Also, Rulk doesn't just copy powers. He's not Mimic.

In addition, he studied Surfer extensively before he met him (using Doom and Reed's files) AND that Surfer was a noob, IIRC. As in, he had just gotten his powers.

Being a noob doesn't cancel out the fact that he was firing off cosmic blasts, and riding around on the Surfer's board. If this wasn't copying powers, then what is? Back to the noob comment, it wouldn't matter if he were a noob or a seasoned vet with his powers, the characters that Rulk's powers affected really had no say when it came to Rulk using his powers. So no, he may not grow wings like Mimic, but he would gain her speed, as well as add her strength, and durability to his.

zopzop
Aquaman 50/50 split
Gamora WW for the vast majority
She Hulk WW for the vast majority
Abomination WW for the vast majority
Hercules 50/50 split
Skaar WW for the vast majority
Red Hulk WW for the vast majority
Green Scar WW dies brutally

Sin I AM
She gets rest after each, standard weapons

Meh...thats not a gauntlet luv. Gotta stop stacking the deck. Let her fight em one after the other. Test her mettle

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop

If she fought Rulk, there is very good chance that she would be extremely injured at the end of the conflict, if she manged to win. Rulk was able to contend with both Thor, and savage Hulk. Wonder Woman would have her hands filled with those two. Rulk lost as well, but he was doing alright until he began overheating. I mean considering the two that he was facing, because there are a lot of characters out there that wouldn't have done as well.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Being a noob doesn't cancel out the fact that he was firing off cosmic blasts, and riding around on the Surfer's board. If this wasn't copying powers, then what is? Back to the noob comment, it wouldn't matter if he were a noob or a seasoned vet with his powers, the characters that Rulk's powers affected really had no say when it came to Rulk using his powers. So no, he may not grow wings like Mimic, but he would gain her speed, as well as add her strength, and durability to his.

He also had studied Doom and Reed's files extensively on the Surfer, in particular, how Doom stole his power.

Stoic
He also had studied Doom and Reed's files extensively on the Surfer, in particular, how Doom stole his power.

I understand all of that, and you have to also recall that this is General Ross. He concocted strategies against the Hulk for decades, that's just his character. This doesn't replace the fact that he had the ability to actually do it. So he was playing it safe. He prepped for the Surfer. He didn't prep up to beat the mess out of Uatu did he? What about the Grand Master?

He did not need prep to use his powers against the Surfer. He planned ahead is all. He likely prepped for every match that he had because like I mentioned, this is how General Ross has always operated. Putting that aside, prep or no prep would not actually affect him using his powers.

carver9
What Zop posted except WW pulls a healthy majority against Aquaman.

-Pr-
It's as if you like the pain...

carver9
Hahahahahaha... what do you mean by that. I agreed with him except the Aquaman fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.