Dumped into DC Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
You are dumped into DC Universe and is given brief detail about everything that is going on and also about the hero's of Earth. You get to chose a single person abilities from the people below. Who would you choose and a yr from now, how do you think you will be. You get them at their prime (without any amps of course)...

X23
Colossus
Iron fist
Bishop
Spiderman
Havok
Puck
Speed Demon
Mr.X

Go!!!

Stoic
I'd be Spiderman, and a year from the moment that I'd been dropped into the DC universe, I'd be part of one of their Hero Teams for sure. At best, I'd be a JL member, at worst, I'd be on the Outlaws.

Digi
I wouldn't join any teams, but I'd also pick spidey. Would have a nice apartment in Manhattan and would fight street-level crime.

RealityWarper
Spiderman or Iron Fist

zopzop
X-23 : you don't look freakish and can blend in, stupendous healing factor, deadly/unbreakable adamantium claws. I'd make my way to Gotham and crush Batman's entire Rogues Gallery becoming a hero/vigilante that actually gets the job done.

deathslash
Originally posted by zopzop
X-23 : you don't look freakish and can blend in, stupendous healing factor, deadly/unbreakable adamantium claws. I'd make my way to Gotham and crush Batman's entire Rogues Gallery becoming a hero/vigilante that actually gets the job done. crush as in kill or crush as in beat down?

Also, I'd choose Spidey. Create my own business based off of super tech, become fast friends with Batman, and join the JL.

Flyattractor
Does DC NYU ever really get any thing a ABOVE Street Level Crime?

shadowknight
Originally posted by carver9
You are dumped into DC Universe and is given brief detail about everything that is going on and also about the hero's of Earth. You get to chose a single person abilities from the people below. Who would you choose and a yr from now, how do you think you will be. You get them at their prime (without any amps of course)...

X23
Colossus
Iron fist
Bishop
Spiderman
Havok
Puck
Speed Demon
Mr.X

Go!!!

Lets look at the list without bias which IMO is the least desirable in the DCU

Puck-A total waste of space, he bring nothing to any team in the DCU.

Colossus-He's arguably CL 80-90 and tough, but given most bricks in the DCU also have enhance speed, reflexes, flight and at least low lvl healing factor. He brings nothing to the table. In the JL SM, WW, CM, MM blow him out the window in abilities and STR lvl. In the TT & Titans, Superboy, WG, Troia blow him out of the water with the number of abilities

Speed Demon-he might make an interesting villain for Batman, GA, BC & other street lvl heroes. But given most bricks at DC have enhance speed of at Mach 1 and up he won't win any speed contest, challenge them or for that matter be invited to join any respectable team. On the other hand he might make an interesting low lvl hero in a small city like Blue Bettle does in El Paso.

Iron Fist-He's basically Batman lite, he brings nothing to JL outside of his IF that Batman can't do as well if not better. Add his lack of skills outside of fighting & acrobatics and he's a waste of space.

Havok-Another waste of Space character, he basically a variant of Vibe.

Bishop-Has possibilities more as a villain than a Hero, but his abilities are somewhat limited to join the big leagues like the JL or Titans

To tell the truth I could see both Spiderman & X-23 making it big in the DCU. They both have enough variety of abilities to shine in the JL or Titans or for that matter be a pretty succesful hero in DCU NY. IMO Spiderman would fit better with the JL and X-23 with the TITANS.

Nevertheless for to choose I see X-23 Ultimately a better choice to fit in the DCU if for no other reason there's no other character that has quite the mixture of abilities & powers. The nail in the coffin for choosing X-23 abilities is not just the physical attributes & the enhance lifespan but the mental abilities that comes with it. Which makes it a superior choice over having Spiderman like abilities & powers.

zopzop
Originally posted by deathslash
crush as in kill or crush as in beat down?

Kill the more brutal ones (like Joker), beat down the rest.

shadowknight
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Does DC NYU ever really get any thing a ABOVE Street Level Crime? Yes they do, usually around the UN Plaza some odd reason.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by shadowknight
Yes they do, usually around the UN Plaza some odd reason.

Well I do agree that the U.N is a true hive of scum and villainy...

eek!

DarkSaint85
IF, and I retire on my Randian fortune.

Flyattractor
Does X-23' get to bring her "Pre Attached Little Jimmy Fan Boy Aura" with her? Cause with out that I don't see her really being all that great or tolerated.

riv6672
Spider-man.
Its a unique power set that would let me convincingly fight from street level to mid herald.

All the rest of the characters listed have power sets (especially Colossus and Speed Demon) that can be done better by the routinely overpowered heroes/villains of the DCu.

Whether or not i joined a team, a year later i'd have carved out a niche in whatever city i choose to stay.
As Spider-man proved during Identity Crisis, i wouldnt even have to adopt an arachnid alias.

Sin I AM
Spider-man/Wolverine. Everyone elses powers arent fun...u shouldve added ghost rider or sue storm...some shit DC doesnt have in spades

riv6672
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Spider-man/Wolverine. Everyone elses powers arent fun...
Thats a great point.
Spidey to me always seemed to have blast webbing across NYC.

u shouldve added ghost rider or sue storm...some shit DC doesnt have in spades
Boo-yah.

Khazra Reborn
X-23. First thing I'd do is kill the Joker, since Batman is too mentally ill to do it himself.

Then I'll be able to sustain myself on edge lord fanboy tears.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by riv6672
Thats a great point.
Spidey to me always seemed to have blast webbing across NYC.

Boo-yah.

👍. Carvers list is kinda boring

carver9
Sorry. I just didn't want to put obvious picks on my list.

riv6672
NEVER say you're sorry. Its a sign of weakness. bash

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Sorry. I just didn't want to put obvious picks on my list.

Like who hulk, gladiator? Serious question, Do you like any other characters? Glads wouldnt matter but hulk would be a good add to DC. Esoecially classic Hulk.

spetznaz
Spider-man.
Its a unique power set that would let me convincingly fight from street level to mid herald.

All the rest of the characters listed have power sets (especially Colossus and Speed Demon) that can be done better by the routinely overpowered heroes/villains of the DCu.

Whether or not i joined a team, a year later i'd have carved out a niche in whatever city i choose to stay.
As Spider-man proved during Identity Crisis, i wouldnt even have to adopt an arachnid alias.

Exactly! Spider-Man would really fit in, and he has amazing flexibility in regards to what he could be. He doesn't have to be arachnid based, and could come across as anything from a Deathstroke analogue to a legit member of the JLA (reserves).

spetznaz
Like who hulk, gladiator? Serious question, Do you like any other characters? Glads wouldnt matter but hulk would be a good add to DC. Esoecially classic Hulk.

Would he, really? Wouldn't Banner simply be a rage-induced version of Solomon Grundy, with the only real difference being that the Hulk's power is more consistent than Grundy's (which wavers considerably, with one iteration of Grundy being unstoppable even to mages, and another being susceptible to Batman)?

The Hulk would be an interesting addition, but not a unique one.

I am, obviously, assuming that he has to stand on his own merits and doesn't receive any 'fluffing.'

carver9

Lol...look at my list. Does Gladiator and Hulk belong. Stop Sin.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by spetznaz
Would he, really? Wouldn't Banner simply be a rage-induced version of Solomon Grundy, with the only real difference being that the Hulk's power is more consistent than Grundy's (which wavers considerably, with one iteration of Grundy being unstoppable even to mages, and another being susceptible to Batman)?

The Hulk would be an interesting addition, but not a unique one.

I am, obviously, assuming that he has to stand on his own merits and doesn't receive any 'fluffing.'

If hes treated like classic he would be fine. Someone who wants to be left alone but gets dragged into stuff by being him. Or as a wmd type weapon like they did in ultimates

@carver...u said obvious

shadowknight
While I think Hulk would do OK, as someone already mentioned Dc already has Grundy & OMAC who're both Hulk analogues. As for Ghost Rider I don't see him joining any DC team except for JL Dark and they already have the Demon as a member. In a like manner most of street vl characters don't bring anything unique to the table with few exceptions like Spiderman or Cap. To tell the truth most Marvel heroes are either under-powered by DC standards or has characters that already do the job better. Here's a few I think are unique enough that they would fit in and aren't under-powered by DC standards.

Thor

Iron Man

Dr Strange

Sersi

DarkSaint85
From Marvel, using Carver's level limits:

Fantomex (a genius thief who can use misdirect, has bullets made of sentient skin, a separate nervous system housed in his ship, shrink ray technology and is immune to telepaths);
Aquarian (a complete pacifist who can stop any and all metahuman powers, but is susceptible to MAs); and
Iron Man (because let's face it, there isn't an out-and-out human technoexpert quite like Tony).

Off the top of my head.

riv6672
These last 2 posts are nice and all, but have nothing to do with the thread.

More impressive to work with what's given.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, I've already given my answer so am enjoying myself by going above and beyond the thread.

riv6672
Me too, by pointing out the previous posts had nothing to do with the thread!

carver9
Lol

DarkSaint85
Me too, by pointing out the previous posts had nothing to do with the thread!

thumb up as long as fun is had.

riv6672
With or at, baby. With or at. yes

staxamillion
nightcrawler, gambit, or rogue I think could do well in DC universe

and I think metamorpho, blue beetle would be good in marvel

riv6672

Pillow Biter
If you are going to be put in a situation where your life can be better, then the next logical step is always to protect and enhance your lifespan, i.e., always choose immortality, or failing that, the next best thing.

So X23.

That's my own take, of course. When offered the choice of Achilles, I will take a long and happy life over glory. Others may be more heroic, of course.

With X23's power set, I'd probably try to find a way to leverage it safely in order to make money, and then live the life of Riley. I'd not be any kind of regular super hero. X23's power set doesn't exactly lend itself to making a lot of cash really fast, but one also has time. So I don't think I'd be doing much than grinding for cash in a year, though I'd keep it alight grind. I'd make sure I was fit and do some training, just as insurance. Mostly, you could find me in the club, surrounded by ladies and snorting large amounts of cocaine off of every surface I could find.

Pillow Biter
As an aside, if I wanted to get in on the action, then one has the normal problem with such threads. It's difficult to evaluate what kind of universe one would get into once you introduce a fully rational actor.

Comic universes, by and large, behave according to certain conventions and patterns; they aren't truly realistic. For example, realistically, Flash might be one of the most powerful heroes in any kind of realistic DCU. Instead, he's usually high mid tier-ish. You can't have one character (yourself) using powers realistically and nobody else doing it.

So in these situations, will you be somehow constrained by comic realities, or will everybody be using their powers realistically, in which case the DC universe we will be entering may look nothing like the one in the comics. In particular, the life of most heroes may be short, violent, and brutal. There are so many attacks that most characters have no defense against. The Flash may dominate until he encounters a villain with long-range TP, and then his head simply explodes. If you have any kind of weakness, like say MM's fire weakness or any of Superman's, it will be exploited ruthlessly whenever possible.

The only other way to think about it would be that characters could act realistically, but somehow the current hierarchy and typical types of fights are maintained. For that to work, all the power sets would have to be heavily tweaked below the surface. For example, a non-flying brick like a Hulk or Doomsday would have to have some kind of involuntary mass and/or gravity control so that strength could really translate into harder punches as compared to the speed of the punch. And mass or gravity would be temporarily manipulated whenever a Hulk or Doomsday type connects with a punch to avoid being flung backwards by Newtonian physics, etc.

staxamillion
yeah I was think of teaming gambit with the bat sidekicks

Blight
Originally posted by zopzop
Kill the more brutal ones (like Joker), beat down the rest. So you'd essentially slowly become a Batman villain?

Blight
I'd want to be Cannonball. Why can't I be him?

deathslash
Originally posted by Blight
I'd want to be Cannonball. Why can't I be him? because he sucks and his powers suck.

Cool to see you on the comic vs forum though. smile

StyleTime
X-23
IronFist
Spiderman
Mr. X

In that order. I'd go play sports, likely a combat sport like MMA, and get rich. Then live my life after retiring as greatest of all time. Laura is first because the passive benefits are too great to pass up. Never getting sick, healing all my sports trauma right away, staying in my physical prime for a long time, etc. They could all get me to the same spot, but say, with Mr. X, a broken arm or the flu still sucks.

Blight
Originally posted by deathslash
because he sucks and his powers suck.

Cool to see you on the comic vs forum though. smile Then why can't I be him!?

Thanks.

MrMind
they are not even equipped to fight someone like ocean master or mera. Id pick havok then join the suicide squad maybe
they do better in new 52 dc, pre flashpoint wise- titans or teen titans were ridiculously stacked, not to mention jsa and jla
all the people on the list would do great in a city like gotham, where most are street levelers, these marvel heroes are way above joker riddler etc as long as they play it smart they can be a kingpin if they choose to be villain.

because let's be honest, anywhere from metropolis to central city, you are just lookin for getting locked up.

someone like silver surfer, thor or adam warlock are good addition to dc earth. I can't think of anyone like them. hulk would just be a good guy version of doomsday

even doctor strange, there is already a doctor fate

Blight
How about Blackbolt. Can I at least be Blackbolt?

MrMind
^forgot about him, black bolt would be a great addition to any team

Blight
Originally posted by MrMind
^forgot about him, black bolt would be a great addition to any team Your list made me think of him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.