Gladiator vs Konvikt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Who wins

quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11125/111251575/5795493-gladiator+one+shots+thanos.jpg

-Pr-
Konvikt.

carver9
Konvikt is outright amazing but he loses this. An injured Wonder Woman was doing well against him.

vansonbee
Has Konvikt ever showed up again, after that first beating against Superman? If Superman gets a rematch, I don't think he lose the second time tho.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by RealityWarper

Thanos was extremely weakened and had just fought several characters.

Konvikt 1shots em

JBL
Gladiator.

abhilegend
Konvikt oneshots Gladiator.

carver9
No, he doesn't.

abhilegend
Yes, he does.

carver9
Not at all.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by vansonbee
Has Konvikt ever showed up again, after that first beating against Superman? If Superman gets a rematch, I don't think he lose the second time tho.

Superman didn't lose the first time!

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Konvikt 1shots em

Originally posted by abhilegend
Konvikt oneshots Gladiator.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yes, he does.

If he doesn't he'd definitely be the dominant combatant. Gladiator has gotten the treatment too often for me to give him the win here. Plus Black Bolt was a physical threat to him. BB is awesome all around, but if he ran in on Konvikt like he did with Gladiator, he'd get beaten down.

Zack M
Konvikt.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Superman didn't lose the first time!

He was flash koed. So yea he lostOriginally posted by Stoic
If he doesn't he'd definitely be the dominant combatant. Gladiator has gotten the treatment too often for me to give him the win here. Plus Black Bolt was a physical threat to him. BB is awesome all around, but if he ran in on Konvikt like he did with Gladiator, he'd get beaten down.

Its not that...gladiator just isnt impressive.

LordofBrooklyn
He was flash koed. So yea he lost

HE WAS JUST RESTING, WENCH!!!

Sin I AM
HE WAS JUST RESTING, WENCH!!!

Long enough for diana to save him amirite?

RealityWarper

Konvikt 1shots em

I know smile

Glads still wins XD

LordofBrooklyn
Long enough for diana to save him amirite?

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

Sin I AM
I know smile

Glads still wins XD

Based on what showings? Glads isnt exactlty ripe with feats

TheHulkster
Based on what showings? Glads isnt exactlty ripe with feats

Glads has significantly more feats than Konvikt.

TheHulkster
Gladiator

RealityWarper
Originally posted by TheHulkster

This

carver9
And Sin begins.

Sin I AM

Team wrecking feats?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Konvikt is outright amazing but he loses this. An injured Wonder Woman was doing well against him.

On the one hand, Konvikt has low showings (an injured WW doing well against him, apparently, being a low showing).

On the other hands, Gladiator's low showings are....yeah, let's not go there.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

On the other hands, Gladiator's low showings are....yeah, let's not go there.

What is the context of those showings ? smile

mighty adam
Glads is a the Brooklyn Brawler he exists only to do the job and he will job here

Insane Titan
ppl keep saying Konvikt loses, yet no one actually says how or what feats Gladiator has to win...how strange.

DarkSaint85

None whatsoever thumb up

RealityWarper
None whatsoever thumb up

Sure thumb up

TheHulkster

Gladiator's so called low showings are typically contrived. His detractors will say that Canonball beat him, Masterson beat him, etc. All of those are contrived defeats from writers trying to find a way to give the hero a win over a more powerful foe and those are from decades ago.

Now that Glads is less of the villain role, we see him one shot a Shi'ar Skyfather, knock She-Thor for a loop, stand toe to toe against Phoenix Force beings, go toe to toe against a Unipowered Sue Storm, be declared by Thanos to be the most dangerous of the Annihilators, take down the GOTG in one swoop with Angela as a member (Angela defeates Thor, Hela, and Bor) , etc.

DarkSaint85
Gladiator's so called low showings are typically contrived. His detractors will say that Canonball beat him, Masterson beat him, etc. All of those are contrived defeats from writers trying to find a way to give the hero a win over a more powerful foe and those are from decades ago.

Now that Glads is less of the villain role, we see him one shot a Shi'ar Skyfather, knock She-Thor for a loop, stand toe to toe against Phoenix Force beings, go toe to toe against a Unipowered Sue Storm, be declared by Thanos to be the most dangerous of the Annihilators, take down the GOTG in one swoop with Angela as a member (Angela defeates Thor, Hela, and Bor) , etc.

So why do we giveGlads the benefit of the doubt (contrived plot for heroes)......but not Konvikt (WW)?

I agree they are contrived for the story. Just wondering why the double standard.

TheHulkster
None whatsoever thumb up

There is context on most. His true low showings are generally under old Claremont issues. Canonball pulls the ability to absorb and redirect Gladiator's punch back at him out of his arse. Somehow, pulling living lightning out of the air is a powerful attack by Masterson. Both contrived.

quanchi112
Based on what showings? Glads isnt exactlty ripe with feats Irony overload.

Zack M
Honestly, Konvikt can probably beat a team of Gladiators. Probably with his hands tied behind his back. Diana too. smile

carver9
There is context on most. His true low showings are generally under old Claremont issues. Canonball pulls the ability to absorb and redirect Gladiator's punch back at him out of his arse. Somehow, pulling living lightning out of the air is a powerful attack by Masterson. Both contrived.

Cannonball still didn't ko Gladiator during that scene. People got happy because Cannonball punched him.

Living lightning showed up out of no where. Before that, Masterson was getting destroyed.

TheHulkster
So why do we giveGlads the benefit of the doubt (contrived plot for heroes)......but not Konvikt (WW)?

I agree they are contrived for the story. Just wondering why the double standard.

I never said you can't.

Can Konvikt duplicate the contrived methods? Will he have a nuclear power plant handy with just the right radiation type? Feel free to ask if Gladiator can duplicate whatever Diana does that is contrived.

And please tell me why Konvikt would even be able to see or react to a superspeed Gladiator? Folks here love to use that for Superman while declaring that we argue based on characters using their powers fully and intelligently. Why the double standard?

carver9
I never said you can't.

Can Konvikt duplicate the contrived methods? Will he have a nuclear power plant handy with just the right radiation type? Feel free to ask if Gladiator can duplicate whatever Diana does that is contrived.

And please tell me why Konvikt would even be able to see or react to a superspeed Gladiator? Folks here love to use that for Superman while declaring that we argue based on characters using their powers fully and intelligently. Why the double standard?

thumb up

Insane Titan
I never said you can't.

And please tell me why Konvikt would even be able to see or react to a superspeed Gladiator? Folks here love to use that for Superman while declaring that we argue based on characters using their powers fully and intelligently. Why the double standard? Gladiator was physically struggling with Black Bolt and had to call for help.

He could only ko a dying Thanos who had just made himself exhausted and weaker from exerting himself fighting his allies.

Sin I AM
I never said you can't.

He already outreacted a speedster.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Gladiator was physically struggling with Black Bolt and had to call for help.

He could only ko a dying Thanos who had just made himself exhausted and weaker from exerting himself fighting his allies.

And this is why context was mentioned and quite misrepresenting. The blackbolt fight is a set from the start with the method of victory having been planned that way to take him out early. You stated it as something Glads has to resort to unplanned due to distress. One cannot conclude Glad's effort due to a planned set-up. And BB has gone toe to toe with Hulk.

No one is disputing Thanos. A restored Thanos is about to take on The Phoenix. He is waaayyyy beyond Konvikt.

Zack M

thumb up

Cannonball shouldn't have been able to hit him. Gladiator is weak sauce.

TheHulkster

That can be said about every character who has hit Superman and of Boomerang,Cold. etc. with regard to Flash.

Sin I AM
That can be said about every character who has hit Superman and of Boomerang,Cold. etc. with regard to Flash.

So youre using highest showings ever?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Insane Titan
ppl keep saying Konvikt loses, yet no one actually says how or what feats Gladiator has to win...how strange. smile

Stoic
Let's consider Gladiator's track record against opponents of similar strength.

During War of Kings, Gladiator tussled with Black Bolt for a near dead split. Black Bolt has strength, but he isn't the pinnacle of physical strength, yet there he was presenting Gladiator with a physical challenge.

Thanos physically mauled BB in ways that Gladiator would only dream of being able to match.

Annihihulk ripped through him like no ones business.

If Konvikt can deck Superman, he could probably (80% chance) be able to deck Gladiator as well if we based it on his past's ability to weather assaults from greater threats. Threats that Superman, Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Hal etc have faced and defeated. Kallark does not have as good of a resume for whatever reason, but there it is all the same. Why should he do any better against Konvikt?

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
Let's consider Gladiator's track record against opponents of similar strength.

During War of Kings, Gladiator tussled with Black Bolt for a near dead split. Black Bolt has strength, but he isn't the pinnacle of physical strength, yet there he was presenting Gladiator with a physical challenge.

Thanos physically mauled BB in ways that Gladiator would only dream of being able to match.

Annihihulk ripped through him like no ones business.

If Konvikt can deck Superman, he could probably (80% chance) be able to deck Gladiator as well if we based it on his past's ability to weather assaults from greater threats. Threats that Superman, Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Hal etc have faced and defeated. Kallark does not have as good of a resume for whatever reason, but there it is all the same. Why should he do any better against Konvikt?

War of Kings, Black Bolt got knocked out with a single hit from Gladiator.

Black Bolt was weakened after his scream against Thanos. His power went into the bomb. This was confirmed on panel on multiples of occasions.

Annihilus was trans tier.

carver9
Here Black Bolt was hit with noise cancel power...

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111284304/5301768-gladiator+95.jpg

https://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111284304/5301769-gladiator+96.jpg

He was then koed.

Stoic
War of Kings, Black Bolt got knocked out with a single hit from Gladiator.

Black Bolt was weakened after his scream against Thanos. His power went into the bomb. This was confirmed on panel on multiples of occasions.

Annihilus was trans tier.

Do you believe that Gladiator would be as much trouble for the JL to take down, in comparison to the trouble that Konvikt gave them? Be honest with yourself, look into the light.

carver9
Do you believe that Gladiator would be as much trouble for the JL to take down, in comparison to the trouble that Konvikt gave them? Be honest with yourself, look into the light.

If they fought Gladiator the way they fought Konvikt, yes. In the same comic, Wonder Woman was able to fight him 1 on 1 while only being able to use one of her arms. Gladiator should be ok.

Stoic
Gladiator had help against Black Bolt. Before the double team, Black Bolt was right there with him.

How does any of that prove that Gladiator could take on a guy that had adaptive armor plating among other adaptations that he used?

Gladiator was in a death match against Black Dwarf. BD was a real threat to Gladiator. Superman and Wonder Woman would beat the brakes off of Gladiator in a forum match alone, then add in the rest of the JL. They fought Konvikt under plot. We are talking about a forum match. How did the JL take Konvikt down again? Does Gladiator have any time at all in this match to find out how to beat him?

Stoic
Carver; Superman, Hulk, Hal, Thor, Surfer, Wonder Woman, Jane Thor... etc, have all beaten trans tiers or above, or given them more resistance than the resistance that Gladiator presented to Annihihulk. I had a huge chuckle when I saw it. To be honest, Wonder Woman would probably beat the shit out of Gladiator with two broken arms. I'm not trying to be cruel, but Gladiator seems to lead with his chin a lot.

Sin I AM
If they fought Gladiator the way they fought Konvikt, yes. In the same comic, Wonder Woman was able to fight him 1 on 1 while only being able to use one of her arms. Gladiator should be ok.

She used both arms guy

quanchi112
Gladiator is too skilled and far more aggressive than Superman. He whoops him.

Stoic
Gladiator is too skilled and far more aggressive than Superman. He whoops him.

How did the JL finally end up beating Konvikt? Superman went in on Konvikt. No reason to believe that Mr. Confidence does better, and as soon as Konvikt hits him a couple times, Gladiator would deflate and take another arse whipping.

quanchi112
How did the JL finally end up beating Konvikt? Superman went in on Konvikt. No reason to believe that Mr. Confidence does better, and as soon as Konvikt hits him a couple times, Gladiator would deflate and take another arse whipping. Entirely different situation and Superman isn't the same guy with the same aggression. Nah, based off his showings he handles this dumb brute. Konvikt chomped Superman not Gladiator.

Stoic
Entirely different situation and Superman isn't the same guy with the same aggression. Nah, based off his showings he handles this dumb brute. Konvikt chomped Superman not Gladiator.

You avoided the question though, which means that you're hiding something. This weakens your stance considerably. Gladiator nearly always gets his ticket punched when he is unable to put the guy down in one flurried assault. He begins questioning himself. Look at what Annihihulk did to him. He presented zero resistance to the butt rape. Zero.

He beat him so bad, that he could have literally ripped his clothes off and left out there butt naked and bleeding for his buddies to come and collect.

quanchi112
You avoided the question though, which means that you're hiding something. This weakens your stance considerably. Gladiator nearly always gets his ticket punched when he is unable to put the guy down in one flurried assault. He begins questioning himself. Look at what Annihihulk did to him. He presented zero resistance to the butt rape. Zero.

He beat him so bad, that he could have literally ripped his clothes off and left out there butt naked and bleeding for his buddies to come and collect. No, I didn't. You made a false comparison which weakens your case. I corrected you. Annihulk is superior to Konvikt.

Gladiator wins. Try to make relevant points.

Stoic
No, I didn't. You made a false comparison which weakens your case. I corrected you. Annihulk is superior to Konvikt.

Gladiator wins. Try to make relevant points.

The Savage Hulk resisted Annihihulk just fine. Gladiator just got ripped apart.

You still didn't answer the question. You're firing with duds. How did the JL finally manage to beat Konvikt?

quanchi112
The Savage Hulk resisted Annihihulk just fine. Gladiator just got ripped apart.

You still didn't answer the question. You're firing with duds. How did the JL finally manage to beat Konvikt? Hulk would beat Konvikt as well. Annihulk also beats Konvikt IMO.

Beating his ass. Just the same thing as Gladiator is going to do. He isn't invulnerable to Gladiator strength nor did he display superior skill. You don't know how to make a relevant point. laughing out loud

Stoic
The only impression that I get from your points is that you refuse to acknowledge the JL as a very powerful and capable team. This is why your opinion on the matter should be taken with a grain of salt. Either be more objective, or this argument becomes a pointless circular debate.

Konvikt is easily on Savage Hulk's level in terms of threat level. Unless the JL were playing with him. You still didn't answer the question though.

quanchi112
The only impression that I get from your points is that you refuse to acknowledge the JL as a very powerful and capable team. This is why your opinion on the matter should be taken with a grain of salt. Either be more objective, or this argument becomes a pointless circular debate.

Konvikt is easily on Savage Hulk's level in terms of threat level. Unless the JL were playing with him. You still didn't answer the question though. When did I say they weren't ?

I disagree. Hulk has been a team level threat for years not just one run, the same goes for Gladiator. This fight comes down to how these two match up. Gladiator has the speed, skill, and experience edge. This is why he wins, mr. Irrelevant.

LordofBrooklyn
When did I say they weren't ?

I disagree. Hulk has been a team level threat for years not just one run, the same goes for Gladiator. This fight comes down to how these two match up. Gladiator has the speed, skill, and experience edge. This is why he wins, mr. Irrelevant.

This is ABSOLUTELY LAUGHABLE!!!

What group of Combatants has Kallark taken on that come CLOSE to the lineup Konvikt faced?

Stoic
When did I say they weren't ?

You just can't keep up is all that is bruh. It was all very relevant to my case and stance on the matter. Gladiator can push the Things head into the street, but the moment that he runs into someone that can take it, he becomes a deer caught in the headlights. Even an alternate version of him did this. Look at his fight against a dying Hulk. I'm sorry but I don't know what Gladiator you're talking about, the one that I've read tends to gloat a lot during combat, like when he ran into Masterson. He lost that fight due to his over-inflated ego.

Who can you bring up of note that Gladiator straight up dominated?

He can push Colossus, Thing, Sasquatch, Doc Samson, Wonder Man, etc around, not so much against guys like Pagan, Savage Hulk, Black Dwarf.

You can't really discount Konvikt's performance against the JL just because of it being one showing. He was shown to be extremely powerful, and damage resistant. Damage resistance has always been Gladiator's Achilles heal. Don't even try to make Gladiator out to be some kind of battlefield master okay. His incompetence is what caused Masterson to beat the crap out of him. You can't even really deny that fact. Glads is a poor soldier with awesome tools.

Stoic
Annihihulk: Bend over and represent.

Gladiator: Okayyy... you got me. You got me.

Insane Titan
And this is why context was mentioned and quite misrepresenting. The blackbolt fight is a set from the start with the method of victory having been planned that way to take him out early. You stated it as something Glads has to resort to unplanned due to distress. One cannot conclude Glad's effort due to a planned set-up. And BB has gone toe to toe with Hulk.

No one is disputing Thanos. A restored Thanos is about to take on The Phoenix. He is waaayyyy beyond Konvikt. The first part of your post is just a massive excuse. The context was physically BB was starring to be too much for him.

A restored Thanos is completely irrelevant to my point.

DarkSaint85
I never said you can't.

Can Konvikt duplicate the contrived methods?

thumb up

My initial post was a reply to Carver,as you can see, where he brings WW fighting Konvikt (not beating) up as a reason for Glads winning (and subsequently does again).

Is every single one of Glads losses contrived? And every win he has over superior beings (when HE becomes a hero, against Skyfathers etc) not contrived?

Sin I AM

What group of Combatants has Kallark taken on that come CLOSE to the lineup Konvikt faced?

This^^

And i hate lob

DarkSaint85
Also want to add, is Gladiator whipping something up like Superman and Batman did to weaken him (aka contrived)?

LordofBrooklyn
And i hate lob

FIGHT ME!!!

Sin I AM
Also want to add, is Gladiator whipping something up like Superman and Batman did to weaken him (aka contrived)?

True...i tried to reread trinity to see if i missed something...terrible arc.

quanchi112

What group of Combatants has Kallark taken on that come CLOSE to the lineup Konvikt faced? Avengers. Superior team to the Jla.

cdtm
https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11125/111251575/5795493-gladiator+one+shots+thanos.jpg

Was that Thanos??

Did he get back up? And when did it happen?

quanchi112
You just can't keep up is all that is bruh. It was all very relevant to my case and stance on the matter. Gladiator can push the Things head into the street, but the moment that he runs into someone that can take it, he becomes a deer caught in the headlights. Even an alternate version of him did this. Look at his fight against a dying Hulk. I'm sorry but I don't know what Gladiator you're talking about, the one that I've read tends to gloat a lot during combat, like when he ran into Masterson. He lost that fight due to his over-inflated ego.

Who can you bring up of note that Gladiator straight up dominated?

He can push Colossus, Thing, Sasquatch, Doc Samson, Wonder Man, etc around, not so much against guys like Pagan, Savage Hulk, Black Dwarf.

You can't really discount Konvikt's performance against the JL just because of it being one showing. He was shown to be extremely powerful, and damage resistant. Damage resistance has always been Gladiator's Achilles heal. Don't even try to make Gladiator out to be some kind of battlefield master okay. His incompetence is what caused Masterson to beat the crap out of him. You can't even really deny that fact. Glads is a poor soldier with awesome tools. You aren't a very effective debater. At no point did I say he dominates Konvikt into the dirt. I said he wins though because of the advantages I already listed. He showed he had the ability to take on the Hulk. He used weakness exploitation making that completely irrelevant against Konvikt here since the radiation isn't in this thread. Keep disqualifying your showings.

He dominated masterson Thor. Thor ended up prevailing but he clearly worked him over. Oberyn dominated the Mountain on GoT but ended up being killed due to arrogance and stopping when he had his opponent at his mercy. Same thing, kid. I wish you had the intelligence to be able to process what your reading or to make sensible points but alas here we are.

Both are extremely damage resistant and powerful. False, both aren't completely invulnerable but gladiator still has more advantages hence why he wins, sport. Now take your humble pie and shove off, nerd.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by cdtm
Was that Thanos??

Did he get back up? And when did it happen? That was Thanos but he was extremely weakened and dying from a so called God cancer mistress death had infected him with. Thanos had just fought off the Shiar imperial guard in that state before Gladiator took advantage of his weakened state.

LordofBrooklyn
Avengers. Superior team to the Jla.

List that Avengers lineup.

How did Kallark perform against The Avengers in comparison to Konvikt's against The JLA?

Philosophía
Konvikt, every time.

quanchi112
List that Avengers lineup.

How did Kallark perform against The Avengers in comparison to Konvikt's against The JLA? If you are not aware of these interactions maybe it's time for a break, kid.

carver9
Lol...glad to have you back Hit the Quan.

Zack M
Konvikt 10/10.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Konvikt one shots Glads tbh.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Konvikt one shots Glads tbh. Nah. Gladiator wins tbh.

Zack M
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Konvikt one shots Glads tbh.

thumb up Konvikt could probably take 5 gladiators.

Stoic

This is a question that will never be answered. Tried to bring it to the attention of Camp Gladiator, but no one wanted to answer it, or they simply tried to skate past it and use insults to appear brainy. Right Quan?

vansonbee
Superman thinks he's so durable, he let his guard down against Konvikt in their first meeting. Gladiator on the other hand is no hero, he's a fighter and would not hold back against Konvikt.

6/10 Glad. smile

-Pr-
Closed for spite.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.