Have you raised Malak based on the Kun quote?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slayne
Personally, I don't take the quote at face value, considering that it's just one quote and thus doesn't set anything in stone (hence why I don't have Revan challenging likes of Sidious.)

But while I don't have Malak above Kun as of now, I have raised him quite a bit due to the quote (to the point where he can at least contend with Exar) because I believe it sheds light on how powerful the guy was intended to be.

Though I'm interested in your opinions. Have you raised him because of the quote? If so, how high is he now?

deathslash
Can somebody please tell me what exactly this quote is?

Azronger
On neutral ground, no. On the Star Forge, yes.

slayne
Yeah, I meant Kun on the Star Forge

@deathslash:

Fated Xtasy
Really? Jesus fvck guys.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by slayne
smile

slayne
mother****er

I meant Malak lol

Emperordmb
LOLNOPE

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Based on Jen'Jedaii scaling and the quote, yes, SF Malak is ludicrously powerful by all accounts.

Rockydonovang
nope.

MythLord
Nope. I just lowered Kun.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by MythLord

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by MythLord
if malak is placed above kun, that raises malak, it doesn't lower kun.

slayne
That's retarded.

If Dooku's legitimately contending with Yoda, that doesn't make Yoda a Dooku-tier - it makes Dooku a Yoda-tier, or puts him at least somewhere comparable to Yoda. There are a metric shitton of other such examples I can use to prove my point, as well.

Same goes with Malak and Kun - Kun isn't lowered, but Malak is boosted.

Rockydonovang
That's retarded.

If Dooku's legitimately contending with Yoda, that doesn't make Yoda a Dooku-tier - it makes Dooku a Yoda-tier.

Same goes with Malak and Kun - Kun isn't lowered, but Malak is boosted.
thumb up Reverse scaling is not a thing

I'm still not taking that quote seriously

ChocolateMuesli
that u dont like malak > kun doesnt make it not true kek

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli
that u dont like malak > kun doesnt make it not true kek
Quotes aren't indisputable.
Given the sh!t source, and how Malak otherwise is vastly inferior when we compare the two, I'm not going to be taking the quote seriously

NewGuy01
Reverse scaling isn't a thing, but apparently ignoring sources you don't like is. Your set of values is impeccable, Kbro; an uneducated man might think you're just picking and choosing what's convenient for your positions, but we know you'd never do that.

In any case, reverse scaling is absolutely a thing. Of course, if Exar Kun did something that I don't think Malak could do, that doesn't mean I have any ground to argue Exar couldn't do it either; that's silly. But most situations aren't that black and white.

For example, say I'm on the fence about how impressive defeating a relative unknown like Warb Null is. It's completely logical to find it less impressive because it was done by someone whose defined upper limit is "far inferior to Malak," than if there was no such limitation.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Reverse scaling isn't a thing, but apparently ignoring sources you don't like is. Your set of values is impeccable, Kbro; an uneducated man might think you're just picking and choosing what's convenient for your positions, but we know you'd never do that.

thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
In all honesty, I did raise SF Malak above Kun and as a result, now assume the rituals Vitiate carried out on Dromund Kaas raised his power significantly to account for the logical gap that should exist between himself and the likes of Revan and Malak ( even empowered by the Starforge ).

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What rituals?

UCanShootMyNova
The ones he carried out to make DK a Darkside nexus and cause eternal storms to power the planet. IIRC.

nfactor1995
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
In all honesty, I did raise SF Malak above Kun and as a result, now assume the rituals Vitiate carried out on Dromund Kaas raised his power significantly to account for the logical gap that should exist between himself and the liked of Revan and Malak ( even empowered by the Starforge ).

I find myself agreeing with this.

Rockydonovang
Reverse scaling isn't a thing, but apparently ignoring sources you don't like is.

I dismiss quotes which there are good reasons to dismiss. Hence why you won't see me using sources placing AOTC Kenobi over Dooku, trying to use the codex entry to say Valk is a sith, or trying to say TPM Maul is sub-Fisto.
Your set of values is impeccable, Kbro; an uneducated man might think you're just picking and choosing what's convenient for your positions, but we know you'd never do that.

My policy here is no different from most members on this forum. And I apply my policy on stances I'd prefer and which I wouldn't prefer. Quotes are evidence, but depending on the other evidence present, or the source of this evidence, they aren't irrefutable.

Deciding which evidence we give more weight to is part of debating.

For example, say I'm on the fence about how impressive defeating a relative unknown like Warb Null is. It's completely logical to find it less impressive because it was done by someone whose defined upper limit is "far inferior to Malak," than if there was no such limitation.
Kun being restricted to sub-malak only is relevant when we consider the restrictions Malak himself receives, other wise, a completely unrelated character doesn't get any benefit from a comparison to Malak.

Kun has a variety of feats/hype which marks him as impressive regardless of how he is placed in comparison with Malak, hence if Malak is raised above him, then Mlak, and anyone who scales off Malak is raised as Kun's own hype/feats remains intact.

DarthAnt66
This thread was 10/10.

Big Gerald
That quote is idiotic anyway. How is cybernetic enhancement of magical Force powers too simple an explanation?

DarthAnt66
Hm?

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Big Gerald
That quote is idiotic anyway. How is cybernetic enhancement of magical Force powers too simple an explanation?
Because it's not referring to his cybernetics, but hinting at the SF?

Big Gerald
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Because it's not referring to his cybernetics, but hinting at the SF?

That's not how the sentence is structured.

SunRazer
The complaints about the Plagueis blurb are pretty valid here as well.

deathslash

@deathslash: thanks, didn't see it before. Sure, I'll raise Malak, but that doesn't raise him by much since I personally never believed that Exar Kun was as powerful as some here think him to be.

carthage
It's like scaling is almost useless without force feats to back them up with

AncientPower
The quote is straight up paradoxical when a much more valid quote has a pre-Dark Holocron Kun as Vitiate's super at the time.

But he has been raised in my view within the contexts of how much more powerful SF!Malak must be compared to the Dark Jedi Exiles, which is insane scaling for Redeemed!Revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by AncientPower
But he has been raised in my view within the contexts of how much more powerful SF!Malak must be compared to the Dark Jedi Exiles, which is insane scaling for Redeemed!Revan.

thumb up

Nai
This is great...

godemperortrump
Originally posted by Nai
This is great...
The legend has returned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.