OWAW Superman/Doomsday vs WWH Hulk/Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Not sundipped Superman

Who wins

LordofBrooklyn
Given his mindset during OWAW......

SUPERMAN SOLOS!!!

Zack M
Hulk doesn't belong here. He'll get slaughtered by either of the opposite side.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Either Superman or DD solos.

carver9
Hulk breaks both of them. Literally.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk breaks both of them. Literally.

LOWLIFE, LIES, OF A GAMMITE!!!

Philosophía
Either one from team 1 roflstomps team 2.

RealityWarper
Sentry disintegrate Team 1 with a thought.

carver9
Easily

quanchi112
Team 2, hard. Sentry is greater than Superman and WW Hulk is greater than DD. He's just a dumb brick who can't withstand the Hulk.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Not sundipped Superman

Who wins

Which Sentry?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by -Pr-
Which Sentry? Sentry from WWH arc

quanchi112
Team 2 definitely wins.

JBL
Sentry destroys superman and DD while hulk laughs at how dumb DD is.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Team 2, hard. Sentry is greater than Superman and WW Hulk is greater than DD. He's just a dumb brick who can't withstand the Hulk.

thumb up

Rao Kal El
Tean OWAW easily.

DarkSaint85
Always wondered if Sentry would amp Superman, like he did in WWH.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Always wondered if Sentry would amp Superman, like he did in WWH.

Sentry amped Hulk?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Sentry from WWH arc

Okay.

==

It would be nice if people could post actual arguments, rather than just picking the company they like best. Maybe another round of cullings is needed if this shit starts to infect every thread.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Sentry amped Hulk?

Oh no he didn't,but am referring to the whole million exploding suns thing, plus Sentry's powers being solar based. And Superman being powered by the sun etc.

Prob not,just as Superman isn't amped by HV from Zod or whatever, but still a thought.

Doomsday could likely adapt to it though. He was feeding off and adapting to that Guardian of Oa.

Philosophía
Oh no he didn't,but am referring to the whole million exploding suns thing, plus Sentry's powers being solar based. And Superman being powered by the sun etc.

Prob not,just as Superman isn't amped by HV from Zod or whatever, but still a thought.

Doomsday could likely adapt to it though. He was feeding off and adapting to that Guardian of Oa.

Ahem..
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/KMCPhilosophia/media/cGF0aDovcHJvY2Vzc2VzaHYuanBn/?ref=

Also ahem...
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/starlightmilionsuns1.jpg
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/starlightmilionsuns2.jpg
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/starlightmilionsuns3.jpg

Sin I AM

Does sentry even have energy projection feats? Im not totally convinced his powers are solar based

DarkSaint85
He was outputting energy like crazy in WWH.

@phildo: ahem indeed. None of them work. You're obviously just making shit up.

Damborgson
Owaw Superman tips it for team 1.

Not to mention i dont think it'd be the best idea to let Sentry hit Superman with a solar powered tornado.

RealityWarper

abhilegend
Superman is enough on his own.

DarkSaint85
Yah, but he unleashes the power of a million exploding suns or whatever.
Superman is amped by sunpower....

abhilegend
Talking to realitywarper is useless. Let him cry all over the thread.

-Pr-

h1a8
Hulk breaks both of them. Literally. Hulk is the weak link here. No speed, no mobility, etc.

Team 1 wins easily. Superman one sot kills WWH and Sentry.
HP DD kills either in a matter of moments.

tkitna
Does sentry even have energy projection feats? Im not totally convinced his powers are solar based

Its not solar based. Reed, Doom, and even Ultron had no idea what kind of energy signature it was.

tkitna
Team 1 wins. Sentry in WWH was one of his lowest showings.

Philosophía
@phildo: ahem indeed. None of them work. You're obviously just making shit up.

1).
https://s7d6.turboimg.net/t/36208234_processeshv.jpg

2).
https://s7d6.turboimg.net/t/36208231_MillionSuns1.jpghttps://s7d6.turboimg.net/t/36208232_MillionSuns2.jpghttps://s7d6.turboimg.net/t/36208233_MillionSuns3.jpg

ASSH*LE

RealityWarper
Originally posted by abhilegend
Talking to realitywarper is useless. Let him cry all over the thread.

I'm not crying.

You are the one crying that Superman can't beat him and twist everything to fit your narrative.

So immature...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by tkitna
Its not solar based. Reed, Doom, and even Ultron had no idea what kind of energy signature it was.

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
His power level is definitely based on mindset. And relating to solar power references are made here.

http://i.imgur.com/R6mzheL.jpg

and

http://i.imgur.com/nyfZ8vl.jpg1

There is an argument to be made. Reed, Doom and even Ultron may have trouble, but Sentry seems clear.

TethAdamTheRock
Team 2

carver9
Pak said it best. WWH would kill Superman and Doomsday.

Zack M
He wasn't referring to OWAW Supes. Supes doesn't need doomsday here, sport.

JBL
Pak said it best. WWH would kill Superman and Doomsday. So true.

JBL
Originally posted by Zack M
He wasn't referring to OWAW Supes. Supes doesn't need doomsday here, sport. Pak knows more about superman than you do. He's seen that OWAW story.OWAW superman is a KMC version of superman, not to Pak though.

Damborgson
Pak wouldn't know how to pour piss out of a boot, if the instructions were written on the heel.

carver9
He wasn't referring to OWAW Supes. Supes doesn't need doomsday here, sport.

Lol...he said Superman...he doesn't need to say Superman from OWAW or Superman from Crisis. He said Hulk would kill Superman, even while amped and he said this before and during the time he was writing Superman, sport.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Pak wouldn't know how to pour piss out of a boot, if the instructions were written on the heel.

His stories sold and he wrote one of the best Hulks out there and one of the strongest versions of New 52 Superman.

tkitna
There is an argument to be made. Reed, Doom and even Ultron may have trouble, but Sentry seems clear.

Yeah I guess there is. Wouldnt you think 3 of the greatest minds in Marvel would think of solar energy along the way though?

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/137152/3048527-0166794271-Sentr.jpg

I would have to dig up the scans of the other two.

quanchi112
He wasn't referring to OWAW Supes. Supes doesn't need doomsday here, sport. Pak wrote both characters. I trust Pak on this question.

DarkSaint85
It was incomplete before Sentry pinched the daylights out of her.....

Like I said,it's not clear cut. There's an arguto be made, based both on comics and handbooks.

Zack M
Lol...he said Superman...he doesn't need to say Superman from OWAW or Superman from Crisis. He said Hulk would kill Superman, even while amped and he said this before and during the time he was writing Superman, sport.

Yeah, hulk would need to be amped. Thing is, superman doesn't. Team 1.

carver9

He said regular Hulk would beat Superman as well. Hulk is a walking amp...remember, his strength grows when pissed. He also said Superman would lose even while merged with Doomsday.

smile

DarkSaint85

Lol Golgo, why are you even entertaining these fools?

Moore, who CREATED Constantine, had this to say about meeting him IRL:

And:

So yeah, he knows Constantine better than anyone else - and he says he exists. Writer interview, confirmed thumb up

Naaah, can't see it. Moore is a wacko, right?

Jamie Delano, who wrote some of the best Constantine arcs, said:

Then there's Brian Azarello, and Peter Milligan, who have both said that John Constantine exists.

So yeah, IF people are actually taking writer interviews seriously on the forums now, then John Constantine exists in the real world smile

RealityWarper
Lol Golgo, why are you even entertaining these fools?

Moore, who CREATED Constantine, had this to say about meeting him IRL:

And:

So yeah, he knows Constantine better than anyone else - and he says he exists. Writer interview, confirmed thumb up

Naaah, can't see it. Moore is a wacko, right?

Jamie Delano, who wrote some of the best Constantine arcs, said:

Then there's Brian Azarello, and Peter Milligan, who have both said that John Constantine exists.

So yeah, IF people are actually taking writer interviews seriously on the forums now, then John Constantine exists in the real world smile

Nobody pays attention to real life John Con anymore.

Sorry to break your dreams. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by RealityWarper

Sorry to break your dreams. thumb up

Ah well!

Does this mean we don't pay attention to Pak's interviews either?

RealityWarper
Ah well!

Does this mean we don't pay attention to Pak's interviews either?

Nope.

I have met John Con in a bar yesterday and he told me that we have to stick with what Pak said because he has written both characters so that's more than an opinion.

Pak knows how both characters are powerful.

He even said in an Interview that WWH is more powerful than Odinforce Thor.

DarkSaint85
Nope.

I have met John Con in a bar yesterday and he told that we have to stick with what Pak said because he has written both characters so that's more than an opinion.

Pak knows how both characters are powerful.

He even said in an Interview that WWH is more powerful than Odinforce Thor.

Ah but you don't write Constantine comics.

Actually, if you do, then I know who to blame for the latest storylines lol.

Edit:

I have met John Con in a bar yesterday and he told me that

Wait...are you flip-flopping already? Well, colour me surprised!

RealityWarper
Ah but you don't write Constantine comics.

I can't be sure about it.

I get drunk with real life John Con in the first place so maybe I do write them after.

Hey ! It's not my fault ! I was probably drunk ! embarrasment

That sounds naughty when you are saying it like this.

h1a8
Pak said it best. WWH would kill Superman and Doomsday. Well it's a good thing that Pak doesn't have the authority to fix Superman's power level and abilities. Many writer's have different opinions. So we go on feats and what was shown.

Bottomline, Superman sees WWH as a statue. Superman one shots WWH as he did the probes.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by h1a8
Well it's a good thing that Pak doesn't have the authority to fix Superman's power level and abilities. Many writer's have different opinions. So we go on feats and what was shown.

YES

HELL NO.

Look at the crossovers and Superman fights against bricks.

They aren't statues to him.

DarkSaint85
Crossovers are also inadmissible.

RealityWarper
Crossovers are also inadmissible.

They don't change the character portrayal. That's what I mean.

Prof. T.C McAbe
WWH koed the Sentry physically in the WWH arc and was in turn turned to Banner through Sentrys onslaught. Their fight was rather medicore and WWH never took out anyone impressive.

OWAW DD is HP DD who was beyond an amped Superman physically, he couldn't even be hurt that way. This DD took the entire JLA out with people like Flash, J'onn, WW, GL Kyle, Orion with ease. He would stomp WWH Hulk and Sentry.

OWAW Superman moved the goalpost so far up that he was oneshotting Trans to Skyfather level Probes, multiple of them. Though single Probes were taken out by amped low to mid Heralds who died in the process, also single Probes took out the enitre JLA.

Team two has not even a prayer of a chance.

LordofBrooklyn
Pak said it best. WWH would kill Superman and Doomsday.

YOU ARE REALLY GREG PAK, GAMMITE!!!!

-Pr-
lol, Pak? Really? Are you guys ****ing serious?

Wait, why am I even bothering to ask...

Stoic
Team 1 Stomps the shit out of them. Who are we kidding? Limiters were firmly placed on these two characters from reading just the subject title.

WW Hulk is a holding back Hulk and can never exceed the amount of power that he did during that horribly written slop-fest.

Sentry is that confused kid in the corner trying to figure out what he could do with his powers, whether they be solar based or not. Yes they are solar based, but he clearly did more than fire off bolts of solar radiation.

This thread is spite, and no I'm not butthurt over it so no offense IT. It's all cool. But, in order for this not to be an epic stomp of biblical proportions, WB Hulk, and DS Sentry should have been the versions to place in this discussion. Unless this was just to finally put a nail in a coffin filled with questions?

Team 1 FTEW.

Sin I AM

Not all suns amp him

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stoic
Team 1 Stomps the shit out of them. Who are we kidding? Limiters were firmly placed on these two characters from reading just the subject title.

WW Hulk is a holding back Hulk and can never exceed the amount of power that he did during that horribly written slop-fest.

Sentry is that confused kid in the corner trying to figure out what he could do with his powers, whether they be solar based or not. Yes they are solar based, but he clearly did more than fire off bolts of solar radiation.

This thread is spite, and no I'm not butthurt over it so no offense IT. It's all cool. But, in order for this not to be an epic stomp of biblical proportions, WB Hulk, and DS Sentry should have been the versions to place in this discussion. Unless this was just to finally put a nail in a coffin filled with questions?

Team 1 FTEW. WW Hulk was quite exceptional in that arc whereas Superman was soundly held back by Darkseid which is far lesser than the Apokolips Now Superman showing. DD just as WW and others were taking out probes who weren't that impressive when push came to shove. Hulk uses tactics and could take what the Sentry dished out which isn't the same for DD or Superman here.

Spite also doesn't mean what you think it does.

Stoic
Azog the Defiler huh? LOL. I take it that Azog painfully probes his victims?

carver9
WWH and Sentry wins. Lol...Hulk punched a being to dust that was empowered by an abstract. Damaging probes isn't close to be as impressive as regular Hulk best.

tkitna
It was incomplete before Sentry pinched the daylights out of her.....

Like I said,it's not clear cut. There's an arguto be made, based both on comics and handbooks.

She was trying to analyze it the entire storyline and couldnt. I just posted one scan of it.

I agree. Its not clear cut.

Damborgson
WWH and Sentry wins. Lol...Hulk punched a being to dust that was empowered by an abstract. Damaging probes isn't close to be as impressive as regular Hulk best.

Bro why are you so vague about this stuff?

He beat up Strange with a fraction of Zoms power.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Bro why are you so vague about this stuff?

He beat up Strange with a fraction of Zoms power.

I'm not talking about Strange. I'm using a weaker version of Hulk fts.

Stoic
I'm not talking about Strange. I'm using a weaker version of Hulk fts.

This isn't helping your case. Think about it.

quanchi112
Azog the Defiler huh? LOL. I take it that Azog painfully probes his victims? Odd response.

Zack M
lol, Pak? Really? Are you guys ****ing serious?

Wait, why am I even bothering to ask...

thumb up

Stoic
Odd response.

I was on the phone and thought to comment on Azog. I still feel the same way as my original post. They get taken to the cleaners.

one guy doesn't know the full extent of his abilities, and the other has to consciously dial their powers way back, while Superman is amped, in the zone, and more powerful than ever. Doomsday had been at his most dominant. Sorry man, we just see the power levels differently.

LordofBrooklyn
WW Hulk was quite exceptional in that arc whereas Superman was soundly held back by Darkseid which is far lesser than the Apokolips Now Superman showing. DD just as WW and others were taking out probes who weren't that impressive when push came to shove. Hulk uses tactics and could take what the Sentry dished out which isn't the same for DD or Superman here.

Spite also doesn't mean what you think it does.

Your lack of knowledge and reason grows with each post.

quanchi112
I was on the phone and thought to comment on Azog. I still feel the same way as my original post. They get taken to the cleaners.

one guy doesn't know the full extent of his abilities, and the other has to consciously dial their powers way back, while Superman is amped, in the zone, and more powerful than ever. Doomsday had been at his most dominant. Sorry man, we just see the power levels differently. Superman in the zone was held in check by Darkseid. He also wasn't a threat at all to Imperiex Prime. He was saved from destruction. Sentry needs to just go all out to beat Superman's head in. WW Hulk is also stronger than savage and he brings intelligence and tactics to the table. What did DD do take out Probes ? Not impressive.

WW Hulk and Sentry both have far more impressive showings than probes. They stomp them. Smarter, more powerful, more tactical, etc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Your lack of knowledge and reason grows with each post. Well then feel free to dissect my post and expect a rebuttal.

-Pr-
Guys, you've had your fun. Now, try to actually post reasonable arguments instead of stupid, derpy, biased comments.

LordofBrooklyn
Well then feel free to dissect my post and expect a rebuttal.

The performance of the Imperiex Probes throughout OWAW easily put them in the trans level of power. Superman WITHOUT an amp began to destroy these probes with a single punch.

Given that level of power coupled with his killer instinct during that arc he decimates World War Hulk and moves on to The Sentry who showed that World War Banner was his LIMIT.

quanchi112
The performance of the Imperiex Probes throughout OWAW easily put them in the trans level of power. Superman WITHOUT an amp began to destroy these probes with a single punch.

Given that level of power coupled with his killer instinct during that arc he decimates World War Hulk and moves on to The Sentry who showed that World War Banner was his LIMIT. Based on what are they trans level in power ? What durability feats do they have to back your claims.

WW Hulk has an insane healing factor and withstood Strange/Zom and Sentry power. As soon as Bruce got really mad again he greatly surpassed WW Hulk with WB Hulk and he tried his best to hold back.

JBL
Originally posted by h1a8
Well it's a good thing that Pak doesn't have the authority to fix Superman's power level and abilities. Many writer's have different opinions. So we go on feats and what was shown.

Bottomline, Superman sees WWH as a statue. Superman one shots WWH as he did the probes. Writers ARE the ones that gave superman his powers. They don't go by feats where they ALLOW a HERO to win against a stronger and more powerful foe. When asked who beats who, they go by powersets. This avoids crap like Spiderman/firelord. Pak is not the only writer who admitted that hulk would beat superman. Also for the record, the writers of OWAW were full fledged crackheads and heroin users but you accept that story even though they admitted they were lying and trying to increase sales. You could put anything in a comic where the hero's will always win by design, but on a forum battle the writers cut the crap and hero must win goes out the window and in comes abilities that the characters really have. They chose hulk. Guess why? True dynamic strength and not fan made up mental blocks. Because if hidden strength was there due to mental blocks, don't you think the writers themselves would know?? After all, they gave superman his abilitiesðŸ˜

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Writers ARE the ones that gave superman his powers. They don't go by feats where they ALLOW a HERO to win against a stronger and more powerful foe. When asked who beats who, they go by powersets. This avoids crap like Spiderman/firelord. Pak is not the only writer who admitted that hulk would beat superman. Also for the record, the writers of OWAW were full fledged crackheads and heroin users but you accept that story even though they admitted they were lying and trying to increase sales. You could put anything in a comic where the hero's will always win by design, but on a forum battle the writers cut the crap and hero must win goes out the window and in comes abilities that the characters really have. They chose hulk. Guess why? True dynamic strength and not fan made up mental blocks.

So you don't go by comics, but rather interviews?

JBL
So you don't go by comics, but rather interviews? Again, stick with the Subject. WRITERS do not go by comics. They understand that the hero or main character will be ALLOWED to win so they don't go by pre-determined comics(feats) when asked who will really win. Ask the writers, not me.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Again, stick with the Subject. WRITERS do not go by comics. They understand that the hero or main character will be ALLOWED to win so they don't go by pre-determined comics(feats) when asked who will really win. Ask the writers, not me.

But what bearing has that on a forum fight where only comic feats are admissible as evidence?

I mean,some writers have gone on the record as ignoring the predetermined comics, and have said that in actual fact,the characters they write about actually exist in real life!!!

Does that mean it's of equal value?

JBL
But what bearing has that on a forum fight where only comic feats are admissible as evidence?

I mean,some writers have gone on the record as ignoring the predetermined comics, and have said that in actual fact,the characters they write about actually exist in real life!!!

Does that mean it's of equal value? What does that have to do with other writers? You are trying to use writers to discredit other writers for the sake of superman. I wonder if you would even be here had Pak said that superman would wipe the floor with any hulk.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by JBL
What does that have to do with other writers? You are trying to use writers to discredit other writers for the sake of superman. I wonder if you would even be here had Pak said that superman would wipe the floor with any hulk.

He is going in circle with that "argument" even he knows that's totally pointless.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
What does that have to do with other writers? You are trying to use writers to discredit other writers for the sake of superman. I wonder if you would even be here had Pak said that superman would wipe the floor with any hulk.

Because it's a double standard.

Writer A,freed from the confined of telling a story, gives his view.

You accept it.

Writer B, also freed from the confines of a comic, gives his view.

You don't accept it.

You only accept viewpoints from writers when it suits you. And it has nothing to do with Superman, and everything to do with John Constantine.

DarkSaint85
He is going in circle with that "argument" even he knows that's totally pointless.

Then give me a consistent argument why we should accept Pak's fanboy view, and not Milligan's fanboy view, or Azarello's fanboy view, or Moore's.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Writers ARE the ones that gave superman his powers. They don't go by feats where they ALLOW a HERO to win against a stronger and more powerful foe. When asked who beats who, they go by powersets. This avoids crap like Spiderman/firelord. Pak is not the only writer who admitted that hulk would beat superman. Also for the record, the writers of OWAW were full fledged crackheads and heroin users but you accept that story even though they admitted they were lying and trying to increase sales. You could put anything in a comic where the hero's will always win by design, but on a forum battle the writers cut the crap and hero must win goes out the window and in comes abilities that the characters really have. They chose hulk. Guess why? True dynamic strength and not fan made up mental blocks. Because if hidden strength was there due to mental blocks, don't you think the writers themselves would know?? After all, they gave superman his abilitiesðŸ˜
But then Joe Casey who wrote OWAW Superman said nothing could stop Superman.

http://comicboards.com/joecasey-rc.php

Though I like how you say "crackhead" writers using heroine to degrade the actual stories and show us how one writer has superior word to another.

Does this writer thing only works for marvel characters? I'm eager to hear your impartial views on it. Here are Superman writer and Hulk writer both agreeing Superman would defeat Hulk.

https://s26.postimg.org/7ne2066uh/supesvshulk40me.jpg

Jurgens actually said Superman would destroy Hulk in seconds.

carver9
And Aaron interview said that Thor and Hulk are the most powerful beings in the Universe.

smile

Does that stack up as well? Let's not even mention Hulk being compared to a being that killed an infinity amount of Celestials.

abhilegend
And Aaron interview said that Thor and Hulk are the most powerful beings in the Universe.

smile

Does that stack up as well? Let's not even mention Hulk being compared to a being that killed an infinity amount of Celestials.
Superman was said to be among the most powerful beings in the omniverse.

That's better than universe methinks.

DarkSaint85
Exactly.

Writer interviews shouldn't be relied on. Kelly might have a secret dream diary where Superman is faster than light infinity, or Snyder has a chat with his mates where Batman is a class 100....doesn't make it so.

We go by comics. And I can't believe this is the second time this topic has come up today lol.

carver9
Superman was said to be among the most powerful beings in the omniverse.

That's better than universe methinks.

Lol...along with Aquaman, lol. It was outright said on panel that Hulk is the most powerful being in existence.

JBL
Then give me a consistent argument why we should accept Pak's fanboy view, and not Milligan's fanboy view, or Azarello's fanboy view, or Moore's. This has everything to do with superman. The fact is, you don't like what Pak said. We're not talking about John c, we are talking about hulk beating superman in oaks and other writers minds, their answers were in favor of hulk, not superman. That is the problem here, that's not what you want to hear. If they said that superman would win, you would not even be here, you would be poking at carver.

JBL
But then Joe Casey who wrote OWAW Superman said nothing could stop Superman. Now guess who is EASILY as strong as the Hulk and can fly and has super speed and heat vision also??😉

http://comicboards.com/joecasey-rc.php

Though I like how you say "crackhead" writers using heroine to degrade the actual stories and show us how one writer has superior word to another.

Does this writer thing only works for marvel characters? I'm eager to hear your impartial views on it. Here are Superman writer and Hulk writer both agreeing Superman would defeat Hulk.

https://s26.postimg.org/7ne2066uh/supesvshulk40me.jpg

Jurgens actually said Superman would destroy Hulk in seconds. We are talking about head to head. Hand to hand fighting. They all agree that hulk would win in a strength vs strength fight. Not cheap wins due to heat vision and super speed. Superman cannot beat hulk in a fight of strength. Thanks for proving this.👍.... PS not one of those writers mentioned anything about supetmans so-called dynamic mental blocks did they?? Hulk is stronger than superman.

RealityWarper
Then give me a consistent argument why we should accept Pak's fanboy view, and not Milligan's fanboy view, or Azarello's fanboy view, or Moore's.

The point is that you are using an example where both the writers and the readers knows that John Constantine isn't real.

Pak has written both characters so his point of view on the matter is not an opinion, it's literally an information at that point.

Choice A: You accept to use your critical thinking skills and notice the difference between the two arguments and drop the John Con "argument".

Choice B: You stick with your "opinion" that both are the same and people will just ignore your "opinion" like you aren't even here.

Good luck with that.

We are all too old for that shit and we have passed the point of this kind of childish debates.

abhilegend
Lol...along with Aquaman, lol. It was outright said on panel that Hulk is the most powerful being in existence.
Along with Supergirl and Superboy.

As Sun God said "maybe in your universe".

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
We are talking about head to head. Hand to hand fighting. They all agree that hulk would win in a strength vs strength fight. Not cheap wins due to heat vision and super speed. Superman cannot beat hulk in a fight of strength. Thanks for proving this.👍.... PS not one of those writers mentioned anything about supetmans so-called dynamic mental blocks did they?? Hulk is stronger than superman.
So you agree that Superman wins in a fight with HV and Superspeed? Cheap as it is?

JBL
So you agree that Superman wins in a fight with HV and Superspeed? Cheap as it is? Against savage hulk and weaker versions yes by staying away from them and bfr. Anything else he gets his skull caved in.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
This has everything to do with superman. The fact is, you don't like what Pak said. We're not talking about John c, we are talking about hulk beating superman in oaks and other writers minds, their answers were in favor of hulk, not superman. That is the problem here, that's not what you want to hear. If they said that superman would win, you would not even be here, you would be poking at carver.

I am flat-out ignoring what Pak said.

I have never once used any writer interviews to support my claim, in a serious fashion. Whether it be to support John, Superman, Hulk, or whatever. Never. I have never used Casey's interview up there, nor Jurgens, nor David or whatever.

Because, to be honest, I don't pay any attention to them. I simply don't know those interviews. I read the comics, and it is what it is.

This is why you have editors - to edit what writers write. Moreover, we specifically have forum rulings against writer interviews, which is another reason why I don't pay much heed to them.

The point is that you are using an example where both the writers and the readers knows that John Constantine isn't real.

Pak has written both characters so his point of view on the matter is not an opinion, it's literally an information at that point.

Choice A: You accept to use your critical thinking skills and notice the difference between the two arguments and drop the John Con "argument".

Choice B: You stick with your "opinion" that both are the same and people will just ignore your "opinion" like you aren't even here.

Good luck with that.

We are all too old for that shit and we have passed the point of this kind of childish debates.

Him writing both characters, frankly, means diddly. He knows which side his bread is buttered. Your argument last time against using the Constantine interviews, and I quote, was this:

The initiative of a few writers at promoting a character in a fun way doesn't negate the content of the interviews of other writers.

That's completely flawed.

Having a person X wrong at something doesn't make a person Y wrong at something just because they have the same job.

In French I would qualify your arguments as "N'importe nawak".

Pak was obviously just promoting his Hulk in a fun way. Doesn't negate Moore et al's views.

RealityWarper

Him writing both characters, frankly, means diddly. He knows which side his bread is buttered. Your argument last time against using the Constantine interviews, and I quote, was this:

Pak was obviously just promoting his Hulk in a fun way. Doesn't negate Moore et al's views.

He wasn't promoting the Hulk.

At this time he was writing Superman so saying that he was promoting the Hulk that he has done months or years ago doesn't make sense.

He was giving his opinion about two characters he knows and that he was writing.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Against savage hulk and weaker versions yes by staying away from them and bfr. Anything else he gets his skull caved in.
But the writers didn't say that. Jurgens didn't specify which Hulk and nobody said anything about BFR.

Or are you admitting that you're just counting on the writers saying Hulk wins and avoiding others.

LordofBrooklyn
Based on what are they trans level in power ? What durability feats do they have to back your claims.

WW Hulk has an insane healing factor and withstood Strange/Zom and Sentry power. As soon as Bruce got really mad again he greatly surpassed WW Hulk with WB Hulk and he tried his best to hold back.

Based on the CANON clearly presented in OWAW.

Do you think a mere herald could wipe out Daxamites, Wonder Woman, Superman and every other herald they encountered?

DarkSaint85
Actually, I base it on carver:

And Imperiex probes are being drafted even though they were shaking off damage from high heralds.

Truly, the quote that keeps on giving thumb up

quanchi112
Based on the CANON clearly presented in OWAW.

Do you think a mere herald could wipe out Daxamites, Wonder Woman, Superman and every other herald they encountered? They were an unknown enemy and by the end of the arc they went down quite easily. It's the same plot device characters from various stories. To say these guys are trans is ridiculous especially when they are getting beaten by herald level characters left and right by the end of the arc.

JBL
But the writers didn't say that. Jurgens didn't specify which Hulk and nobody said anything about BFR.

Or are you admitting that you're just counting on the writers saying Hulk wins and avoiding others. Did you read their words right?? They said superman can only win by staying away from hulk. Hulk would win in a fight using strength. WWH, WBH etc would not care less about speed and heat vision. You sir just helped confirmed that hulk is stronger than superman. Hulk cannot fly though. That's just like me going against a bear while I'm using a jetpack and my 30-06 rifle. Not let me land and drop the rifle and engage that bear hand to paw and see what's left of me. Plenty hunters have missed and got caught and torn to pieces. Just face it. Hulk is stronger than superman. Sorry, but that's the way things are. You want someone to cherish that's EASILY as strong as hulk and can fly, has super speed and heat vision?? Try Gladiator.

LordofBrooklyn
They were an unknown enemy and by the end of the arc they went down quite easily. It's the same plot device characters from various stories. To say these guys are trans is ridiculous especially when they are getting beaten by herald level characters left and right by the end of the arc.

Show me a comparable performance by ANY hero/villain/device that performed as well against those herald level beings as The Imperiex probes WITHOUT being trans.

I'll wait.

quanchi112
Show me a comparable performance by ANY hero/villain/device that performed as well against those herald level beings as The Imperiex probes WITHOUT being trans.

I'll wait. Thor against Galactus, Celestials is far more impressive than defeating probes.

Surfer using the crunch to defeat Galactus level beings Aegis and Tenebrous.

LordofBrooklyn
Thor against Galactus, Celestials is far more impressive than defeating probes.

Surfer using the crunch to defeat Galactus level beings Aegis and Tenebrous.

You've missed the point entirely.

Show me where a SINGLE HERO/VILLAIN/DEVICE dominated Heralds on the level shown in OWAW WITHOUT BEING TRANS!!!

The Emo Eggplant vs The Avengers= Thanos is Trans level
Superboy Prime Vs The JLA/JSA/Teen Titans and GLC=SBP is Trans leve;

I gave you the template NOW answer the question.

playa1258
The usual from Carver, Quan and JBL.

As persistent as taxes.

JBL
Originally posted by playa1258

As persistent as taxes. Protecting superman huh? Never gets old.

quanchi112
You've missed the point entirely.

Show me where a SINGLE HERO/VILLAIN/DEVICE dominated Heralds on the level shown in OWAW WITHOUT BEING TRANS!!!

The Emo Eggplant vs The Avengers= Thanos is Trans level
Superboy Prime Vs The JLA/JSA/Teen Titans and GLC=SBP is Trans leve;

I gave you the template NOW answer the question. Black Adam in WW 3. Done.

There are no levels only categories you seem to believe. smile

quanchi112

As persistent as taxes. I am persistent with logic.

playa1258
Nope, never gets old.

quanchi112
Nope, never gets old. What never gets old ?

carver9

I'll wait.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/54697/1063206-x_men_v2__053_02_03.jpg

LordofBrooklyn
Black Adam in WW 3. Done.

There are no levels only categories you seem to believe. smile

In a word, ASININE!

The Imperiex Probes were not FRIENDS/TEAMMATES attempting to restrain the heralds they encountered, they were TRYING TO KILL those heralds. That wasn't the case with Adam and his opponents in WW3

QUAN THY NAME IS FAILURE!!!

quanchi112
In a word, ASININE!

The Imperiex Probes were not FRIENDS/TEAMMATES attempting to restrain the heralds they encountered, they were TRYING TO KILL those heralds. That wasn't the case with Adam and his opponents in WW3

QUAN THY NAME IS FAILURE!!! You asked for a herald being to decimate other heralds. He did so and hard. That's far more impressive than nameless fodder. Adam would rape a probe. Anally. I'm here all week.

rolling on floor laughing

Quan Thy Name is Greatness and Willpower.

-Pr-
When Quan, JBL and Carver make LoB look tame by comparison.

Come on, guys. Seriously. No mod WANTS to ban anyone, but this is getting silly.

Badabing
When Quan, JBL and Carver make LoB look tame by comparison.

Come on, guys. Seriously. No mod WANTS to ban anyone, but this is getting silly. You can thank me for taming LOB. He knows I'm the alpha in the pack. thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Badabing
You can thank me for taming LOB. He knows I'm the alpha in the pack. thumb up

NO ONE TAMES THE MIGHTY LOB!!!!
mad

LORDOFBROOKLYN IS THE ALPHA OF ALL ALPHAS

-Pr-
You can thank me for taming LOB. He knows I'm the alpha in the pack. thumb up

Well that just makes a whole lot of sense thumb up

Board Walker
OWAW Superman was a multiversal power that took down the multiversal abstract of entropy/dissolution.

This is spite, OWAW superman solos team 2

-Pr-
no expression

NO ONE TAMES THE MIGHTY LOB!!!!
mad

LORDOFBROOKLYN IS THE ALPHA OF ALL ALPHAS

You're more like a gamma, tbh.

LordofBrooklyn
no expression

You're more like a gamma, tbh.

YOU'RE MORE LIKE A DRUNKEN, LEPRECHAUN, LUSH, HIGH ON POTATO LIQUOR!!!

-Pr-
YOU'RE MORE LIKE A DRUNKEN, LEPRECHAUN, LUSH, HIGH ON POTATO LIQUOR!!!

I could be as drunk as Stilt and you still wouldn't be able to compete.

LordofBrooklyn
I could be as drunk as Stilt and you still wouldn't be able to compete.

I'm the reason BOTH the House of El and Superman are in a NEW Golden Age!!

-Pr-
I'm the reason BOTH the House of El and Superman are in a NEW Golden Age!!

You ****ing everything up isn't exactly a "Golden Age", when you can't even handle Carver.

Badabing
I'm the reason BOTH the House of El and Superman are in a NEW Golden Age!! As the ruler of the House of El (as seen in my sig), I dismiss your false claims.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Did you read their words right?? They said superman can only win by staying away from hulk. Hulk would win in a fight using strength. WWH, WBH etc would not care less about speed and heat vision. You sir just helped confirmed that hulk is stronger than superman. Hulk cannot fly though. That's just like me going against a bear while I'm using a jetpack and my 30-06 rifle. Not let me land and drop the rifle and engage that bear hand to paw and see what's left of me. Plenty hunters have missed and got caught and torn to pieces. Just face it. Hulk is stronger than superman. Sorry, but that's the way things are. You want someone to cherish that's EASILY as strong as hulk and can fly, has super speed and heat vision?? Try Gladiator.
Where did they say that?

https://postimg.org/image/hkp2t8eg5/

Please quote where they said Superman needs to BFR hulk. Jurgens says Superman using speed and HV beats Hulk in a few heartbeats. PAD says the same.

How do you know that they will not be affected by HV and speed? Which writers said that?

You're still not answering my questions. I wonder why.

-Pr-
As the ruler of the House of El (as seen in my sig), I dismiss your false claims.

This man knows what he's talking about.

Where did they say that?

https://postimg.org/image/hkp2t8eg5/

Please quote where they said Superman needs to BFR hulk. Jurgens says Superman using speed and HV beats Hulk in a few heartbeats. PAD says the same.

How do you know that they will not be affected by HV and speed? Which writers said that?

You're still not answering my questions. I wonder why.

Interesting how Peter David would side with Superman, imo.

abhilegend
This man knows what he's talking about.

Interesting how Peter David would side with Superman, imo.
Yep. Carver's response? He doesn't knows about Hulk. Only Pak does.

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Yep. Carver's response? He doesn't knows about Hulk. Only Pak does.

laughing out loud

...You're not serious.

abhilegend
...You're not serious.
I am.

Does it matters?

PAD is much more associated with Hulk than Pak can ever hope to be. Originally posted by carver9
Yes. It does matter.

Associated with Classic Hulk.

Essentially saying PAD does not know about modern Hulk.

-Pr-
I am.

Essentially saying PAD does not know about modern Hulk.

By that logic, Pak only writing New 52 Superman means he's not qualified to talk about current Superman. Interesting, that.

abhilegend
By that logic, Pak only writing New 52 Superman means he's not qualified to talk about current Superman. Interesting, that.
Yeah, pretty interesting.

DarkSaint85

Ah but you see, Carver is incredibly cunning. He has prepared for that argument!

His stories sold and he wrote one of the best Hulks out there and one of the strongest versions of New 52 Superman.

Lol.

-Pr-
As if Carver knows what makes a good Superman.

Rao Kal El
Superman and DD win.

RealityWarper
As if Carver knows what makes a good Superman.

It's about the man ! Not the powers ! >_<

Sin I AM
David is the quintessential Hulk writer. Pak is trash

tkitna
David is the quintessential Hulk writer. Pak is trash

thumb up

carver9
Wait a minute. What s going on in here? Also, Hulk has become substantially more powerful since that interview. FAR more powerful. With that said, Hulk would snatch Superman spine out from the side of his hip bone. Hulk is a JLA villain, not a Superman one on one fighter.

quanchi112
I loved Pak Hulk. I don't care what anyone else thinks. He wrote some epic Hulk stories.

LordofBrooklyn
Wait a minute. What s going on in here? Also, Hulk has become substantially more powerful since that interview. FAR more powerful. With that said, Hulk would snatch Superman spine out from the side of his hip bone. Hulk is a JLA villain, not a Superman one on one fighter.

IF YOU SPREAD YOUR GAMMITE PERVERSIONS ONCE MORE YOU WILL FEEL MY WRATH!!!!

-Pr-
It's about the man ! Not the powers ! >_<

thumb up

Funny how you say that about Hulk, but not Superman.

lol @ JLA villain though.

I loved Pak Hulk. I don't care what anyone else thinks. He wrote some epic Hulk stories.

As much as I could argue about anything else, Planet Hulk was one of the best Hulk stories I've ever read.

carver9
IF YOU SPREAD YOUR GAMMITE PERVERSIONS ONCE MORE YOU WILL FEEL MY WRATH!!!!

laughing out loud laughing out loud

carver9
thumb up

Funny how you say that about Hulk, but not Superman.

lol @ JLA villain though.

As much as I could argue about anything else, Planet Hulk was one of the best Hulk stories I've ever read.

I believe Superman has changed over time but I think there's a difference between the change of both hero's. Hulk classic villains aren't even relevant to him anymore. Abomination use to be a threat...these days he is treated like fodder and requires an amp to compete with Hulk.

abhilegend
You talk like that's a good thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.