Bruce Wayne vs. Conan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
This is an m.m.a. fight . No Batsuit, they're both wearing m.m.a. shorts.

Conan the Barbarian.

deathslash
Conan kills him..............with how unfunny he is.

riv6672
Conan.

carthage
Conan breaks him

SamZED
Originally posted by deathslash
Conan kills him..............with how unfunny he is.
If that's a jab at team coco you're in trouble, mister!

leonidas
bats has beaten more powerful opponents h2h. he'd fight a lot differently from most of conan's enemies. this is pretty dern close imo. not sure tbh.

meep-meep
Just comics? Bruce stomps.

Books? Conan crushes.

DarkSaint85
Am interested in Conan's feats, I used to read the comics as a wee kid, so a refresher is appreciated. I want his outliers, the feats where you go nooooooo that's not right

Prof. T.C McAbe
Bruce, every single time. Mastered 127 MA and has the body to tank shots from HH.

shadowknight
Unless this is a wrestling match Bruce should win. So while Conan might have the edge in Physical Stats Bruce skill edge is massive and would be the determining factor.

deathslash
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Bruce, every single time. Mastered 127 MA and has the body to tank shots from HH. still gets wrecked and struggles with people that don't know even a fourth of that.Originally posted by shadowknight
Unless this is a wrestling match Bruce should win. So while Conan might have the edge in Physical Stats Bruce skill edge is massive and would be the determining factor. I highly doubt that he has a skill edge, especially considering some of Conan's more rediculous feats.....
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Am interested in Conan's feats, I used to read the comics as a wee kid, so a refresher is appreciated. I want his outliers, the feats where you go nooooooo that's not right well, he managed to beat Captain America.
https://m.imgur.com/a/M4rk2
Beat the best swordsman on Earth in a swordfight.
https://pastebin.com/0T9fNuTq
Outwrestles a giant.
https://m.imgur.com/zQ188dR
Kills multiple gorillas in h2h.
https://m.imgur.com/oleVZGj
Sends a giant flying with a single punch.
https://m.imgur.com/RV9oAGu

I honestly don't want to bring up his book feats, because that's when it gets rediculous.

leonidas
hmm, conan is pretty good but i'm not sure how much i'd tout that cap fight. cap was trying to talk him down most of the time and had him down. seems like had he been in the right mindset he'd have taken conan out. /shrug

his respect threads are littered with some pretty crazy feats though. in this type of battle bruce may have an edge though. he could just pepper him with pressure point after pressure point shot. don't think conan is immune unless he goes full on berserker.

Dareangel
i just love the 127 martial arts argument. shang chi is only the master of kung fu, he must really suck compared to batman or lets say daredevil. oh wait he isnt? but he is only the master of kung fu, how can that be. how can it be???

CosmicComet
127 martial arts is really redundant.

You need only a handful.

Unless you are a shape shifting alien there are only a few ways to throw a punch or kick.

shadowknight
Originally posted by Dareangel
i just love the 127 martial arts argument. shang chi is only the master of kung fu, he must really suck compared to batman or lets say daredevil. oh wait he isnt? but he is only the master of kung fu, how can that be. how can it be??? Kung Fu is just a general term used to describe Chinese MA by people who don't understand Chinese culture. IIRC Kung Fu means skill achieve through Hard work. So if you take it literally you could be a master of Kung Fu and be a master chef or a master of calligraphy. The correct term should be Kung Fu Wushu which loosely translated to skill in Chinese MA.

The problem is given there's over 650 MA styles of Chinese origin that can be called Kung Fu if you include variations. For example there's 5 major variants of Tai-Chi, 4 major variants of Praying Mantis, 5 variants of Crane. Then there's regional variants like Northern Shaolin, Southern Shaolin, Northern Eagle, Southern Eagle, variant based by color like White Tiger, Black Tiger and Tiger Claw. Imagine you're a doctor and each variant can be considered a specialty like eye doctor, heart doctor, ect.

From everything I've seen Shang Chi knowledge and fighting style is mostly Northern Shaolin based. Which is not to be sneezed at since NS Temple has over 30 substyles including Tiger Claw, Hung Gar, Crane, Snake, Monkey,ect.

Which is my roundabout way of saying Shang Chi can easily be a master of over 30 styles of Chinese MA. The main difference is Batman knowledge is more eclectic based on knowledge of different countries MA so he's more likely to surprise Shang Chi with a combos.

Flyattractor
Conan loses because he finds the MMA Shorts way to tight on his big balls.

shadowknight
Originally posted by CosmicComet
127 martial arts is really redundant.

You need only a handful.

Unless you are a shape shifting alien there are only a few ways to throw a punch or kick. You're both correct and incorrect. Excuse while I go into generalities. For example Japanese style teach only front kick, side kick, roundhouse kick, back kick & wheel kick plus their jumping variants, but they have excellent hand techniques. Korean styles teaches another 3 kicks but they rarely teach much in hand techniques, Mu Thai the style of Thailand teach only 4 front kick, side kick, roundhouse kick & back kick but they have deadly knee & elbow combinations.

While mechanically they are done in a similar manner if you ever see the Jet Li movie Fist of Legend you see the difference in power in Japanese base kicking and Chinese base kicking. Also Chinese styles tend to emphasize Chi, Japanese Body Hardening, Thai Endurance & Toughness, Korean Kicks, Indian Mysticism and Mental Powers. These are just generalities they're Chinese styles that teach very little Chi, and Japanese style that teach Chi manipulation.

Generally speaking most of the really great MA had knowledge of Many styles and when you study styles from different countries you learn weaknesses and strength of the style. A case point is the movie Never Back Down while the hero at the beginning of the movie is a decent boxer he gets his head handed to him by the villain b/c he doesn't know how to kick or grapple. he laters learns and at the end he beats him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.