Marvel VERSUS ???????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Marvel has waged war against the following franchises.

Which have they done best at destroying?

1. Thor- The House Of El HIGHLY approves of Marvel's treatment of The Odinson.

2. The X-Men- The Mutants are the bastard outcasts of The Mouse.

3. Captain America- Steve Rogers, the FACE of America is really a filthy Nazi!

4. DOOM- DOOM is now an emo metrosexual.

Philosophía
Thor, easily.

X-Men are shoved aside, Thor's mythos is actually being destroyed.

-Pr-
I was tempted to try and argue that making Cyclops the next Magneto (among other things with other characters) put him and the other mutants in with a shout, but nah. Poor Thor.

I'm almost glad they buried X-Men these last few years.

ShadowFyre
Thor has been the most heavily damaged imo. They are hopefully gearing up for a nice come back though.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thor has been the most heavily damaged imo. They are hopefully gearing up for a nice come back though.

thumb up

CosmicComet
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Unless he stops being a cis-white male i dont think so.

Maybe they'll have him come out the closet and give him a crush on sam wilson or t'challa or something.

You might see Thor's best ever feats then. confused

Sin I AM
Thor is being reinvented.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Thor is being reinvented.

Please elaborate.

Damborgson
They took an established character, one of Marvel's golden boys, and tore him to pieces to make a character no one EVER asked for shine. Then when he's confronted with legit criticism over it, Jason Aaron takes those words as "noise" as he continues to spit on his legacy.

Is this the only time Thor has lost his hammer? Obviously not. This is however the only time Thor has had his history so altered he's become basically a different character. These past few years have been the most atrocious and perverse treatment of the character in his history. And we survived 2012-2013 Thor, where he was getting laid out by random aliens with guns.

And it isn't even temporary. There's no fixing this.

CosmicComet
Jason Aaron is the worst thing to happen to Thor, ever.

The God Butcher arc shit means nothing now. I'd rather it not have existed than for the character to be where he is now.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Damborgson
They took an established character, one of Marvel's golden boys, and tore him to pieces to make a character no one EVER asked for shine. Then when he's confronted with legit criticism over it, Jason Aaron takes those words as "noise" as he continues to spit on his legacy.

Is this the only time Thor has lost his hammer? Obviously not. This is however the only time Thor has had his history so altered he's become basically a different character. These past few years have been the most atrocious and perverse treatment of the character in his history. And we survived 2012-2013 Thor, where he was getting laid out by random aliens with guns.

And it isn't even temporary. There's no fixing this.

IT CAN ALL END WITH JUST ONE MERE GESTURE!!!!

http://wallsdesk.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Superman-logo-png.png

Badabing
You do not speak for The House of El. I rule that house.

Khazra Reborn
They took an established character, one of Marvel's golden boys, and tore him to pieces to make a character no one EVER asked for shine. Then when he's confronted with legit criticism over it, Jason Aaron takes those words as "noise" as he continues to spit on his legacy

This is the worst part, Aaron is so delusional that he actually thinks most people like this bullshit, he writes off real fans giving him real criticism. Either that, or he knows what he's doing, and is basically just doing it for spite at this point.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Badabing
You do not speak for The House of El. I rule that house.

YOU RULE NOTHING YOU DISEASED CALZONE!!!!

Damborgson
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
IT CAN ALL END WITH JUST ONE MERE GESTURE!!!!

Don't you understand? I can't!

Sin I AM
Please elaborate.

Imo hes being reinvented. Aarons goal was to strip him of everything that mde him a god. Including his name. The charcter we see now is the rough draft of what Odinson is to become.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Imo hes being reinvented. Aarons goal was to strip him of everything that mde him a god. Including his name. The charcter we see now is the rough draft of what Odinson is to become.

What's the point of doing this though? I get character evolution but there's no point in completely changing a characters entire mythos. You may as well just make a new one at this point.

LordofBrooklyn
Don't you understand? I can't!

YOU CAN!!!

THE ODINSON IS DEAD!!!!

LIVE WITH IT!!!!!

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
What's the point of doing this though? I get character evolution but there's no point in completely changing a characters entire mythos. You may as well just make a new one at this point.

Thor hasnt exoerienced anything THIS dramatic is my only guess. Maybe hes trying to do a Thor deconstructed type arc...i dont know. What i do know is..is that the Thor we knew was not going to be the one to change into the one we saw during the gorr arc. That Thor seemed broken and like someone already mentioned..he did mention Foster. We just need to be patient i suppose.

Those myths were all about tragedy and personal loss...if u think about Odinson/Herc those guys went thru some shit (moreso Herc than Thor). Aaron looks to be trying to capitalize on some shakespearean level angst and trsgedy. I mean they got rid if Ragnarok..broke that cycle so this is the next big thing...just subtler.

So Odinson has to go fron one extreme (loss of arrn,title, hammer and eye) to another (a being that rivals galactus) ...

Simple really

Damborgson
YOU CAN!!!

THE ODINSON IS DEAD!!!!

LIVE WITH IT!!!!!

yna6QZKohwY

Not while I'm here to breathe life into him!

-shamelessly advertises own content-

Sin I AM
yna6QZKohwY

Thats pretty well edited. Further proving my point

LordofBrooklyn
yna6QZKohwY

A HORROR MOVIE WITH THOR AS THE VICTIM!!!!

HA!!!!

THE HOUSE OF EL LAUGHS AT YOUR PAIN!!!!

-Pr-
That's very unSuperman-like of you.

Philosophía
-shamelessly advertises own content- That's your channel?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by -Pr-
That's very unSuperman-like of you.

I've offered him an END to his struggle. An END to his pain!

SUPERMAN WOULD DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.