The Orville

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
20% on Rottentomatoes. Critics are giving this a pounding.

I'm usually first in line to dogpile McFarlane, but the shows definitely not what I was expecting from him. Looks like he's sincerely trying his hand at a sci-fi drama, in the vein of Firefly or Farscape..

And imo, it really isn't all that bad. Nowhere near the ripping it's getting. Maybe it's nowhere near the greats, but it's more entertaining then, say, Gotham lately, imo..

Whatever your opinion of the results, it's still loads better then Voyager. wink

BruceSkywalker
this show really isn't all that funny.. very very dry humor

Stringer
I've seen better YouTube videos with appliances ****ing each other

Dreampanther
I get bored halfway during an episode, I find. It's not really bad, but I think it's trying to do too many things at the same time. Will watch the 3rd episode some time this weekend before I make up my mind finally.

Patient_Leech
I caught a few minutes of this show on the premiere and it was dumb.

Seth McFarlane needs to get to work on producing another Cosmos season so he doesn't prove himself almost completely useless.

-Pr-
The third episode might change people's minds. It was more like Star Trek than Star Trek has been in years.

Surtur
Funny thing, Seth appears in 2 episodes of Enterprise. And yeah it's weird as f*ck seeing him.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by -Pr-
The third episode might change people's minds. It was more like Star Trek than Star Trek has been in years.

Yeah, episode three was surprisingly deep, and was clearly taking a jab at a few topics that are pretty relevant in the real world at the moment. It was a bit ham-handed in moments though, IMO.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Surtur
Funny thing, Seth appears in 2 episodes of Enterprise. And yeah it's weird as f*ck seeing him.

laughing out loud Yeah, especially when he has lines in one of them.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, episode three was surprisingly deep, and was clearly taking a jab at a few topics that are pretty relevant in the real world at the moment. It was a bit ham-handed in moments though, IMO.

It was, but I think it worked in the end. One thing that I was expecting them to do, that they didn't, was to suggest that Bortus's mate being born female might have been part of the reason why their baby was female in the first place, but nobody mentioned that, that I saw.

Todd1700
If I had to use one word to describe the show it would be awkward. It's not serious enought for a straight up drama. It's not funny enough for a comedy. It doesn't work as action adventure. I've watched the first 3 episodes but I think I'm done. I just don't see this going anywhere.

samhain
^ Completely agree, doubt this gets a second season. Not sure how I feel about them so blatantly ripping off TNG. The dark-haired, super-strong alien girl is cute though.

riv6672
I like the show, personally.
I was expecting a series of dick and fart jokes. In SPACE.
The humor's not overdone though, and a lot of the back and forth is surprisingly accurate as to what you hear in the RW Military.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by riv6672
I like the show, personally.
I was expecting a series of dick and fart jokes. In SPACE.
The humor's not overdone though, and a lot of the back and forth is surprisingly accurate as to what you hear in the RW Military.

I think a lot of people were expecting it to just be dick and fart jokes. And they do have a few of those (like the bit with the slime alien getting the checkup), but many of the other jokes have more subtlety to them.

riv6672
What i like about the humor, is so far it falls in line pretty well with how raunchy Military ppl are with each other.

tkitna
I actually like the show and hope it sticks around for awhile.

cdtm
Reviews are garbage. They mark this down for things that happen in Discovery, and mark up Discovery because "women in spotlight finally", as if Janeway and 7 of Nine never happened.

cdtm
Originally posted by Todd1700
If I had to use one word to describe the show it would be awkward. It's not serious enought for a straight up drama. It's not funny enough for a comedy. It doesn't work as action adventure. I've watched the first 3 episodes but I think I'm done. I just don't see this going anywhere.

It walks the Galaxy Quest, Firefly, or even Buffy line. Doesn't take itself super seriously like Trek does, but it's not an outright farce either. It's lighthearted melodrama.

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm
Reviews are garbage. They mark this down for things that happen in Discovery, and mark up Discovery because "women in spotlight finally", as if Janeway and 7 of Nine never happened.

and then they bring up the black thing but ignore people like worf, sisko etc.

Robtard
This isn't great, but it's watchable. I don't see it going to season two though. Ep3 did get a bit into the serious side of things, which surprised me as I expected this show to be all dicks-and-farts joke style of humor

Dreampanther
I've tried to like it, made it to three episodes. Terrible acting, bad writing, obvious, predictable plots with lots of plotholes, lame jokes...

cdtm
Are the bridge guys improving? Hard to believe some of the stuff they come up with is scripted.

riv6672
No idea, but it works for me. The back & forth seems natural.
This week's episode was enjoyable, with goid character moments throughout.
While Star Trek would have 'Prime Directive'-ed the hell out of that situation, i didnt mind the straightforward manner in which things resolved.

Theyre pulling out some surprising guest appearances, too.

samhain
Yeah, didn't expect to see Qui-Gon in there TBH.

Patient_Leech
Revisited this thread to see what people are saying.

Sounds like a mixed bag as far as whether people like it or not.

I might try to start from the beginning of the show at some point and make up my own mind.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Revisited this thread to see what people are saying.

Sounds like a mixed bag as far as whether people like it or not.

I might try to start from the beginning of the show at some point and make up my own mind.

Well, it's better than what a lot of reviews would lead you to believe, for whatever that is worth. I personally enjoy a lot of the banter that goes on between the characters. I know Riv has already mentioned something similar, but the interactions between the crew members genuinely feels like normal conversation between a group of people who have been working together for a while, and who have developed that level of comfort around each other.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, that sounds like a plus. My interest got more sparked when I read that it has its moments poking fun at religion, heh...

http://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/new-tv-show-orville-upsetting-christians

-Pr-
No idea, but it works for me. The back & forth seems natural.
This week's episode was enjoyable, with goid character moments throughout.
While Star Trek would have 'Prime Directive'-ed the hell out of that situation, i didnt mind the straightforward manner in which things resolved.

Theyre pulling out some surprising guest appearances, too.

Prime Directive wouldn't have applied in this situation, imo.

==

4th episode was a good one, though. The show is steadily improving, and it almost felt like watching an old episode of the original Star Trek.

riv6672
Prime Directive wouldn't have applied in this situation, imo.

Thats why you arent on the bridge.

Agree that it has that old ST feel, right down to the away team.

-Pr-
Thats why you arent on the bridge.

Agree that it has that old ST feel, right down to the away team.

A failed engine isn't a natural disaster.

Yeah it was. and I liked that they actually used a B plot too with Bortus, showing us that they're going to keep threads going throughout the season.

riv6672
A failed engine isn't a natural disaster.

Yeah it was. and I liked that they actually used a B plot too with Bortus, showing us that they're going to keep threads going throughout the season.

Prime Directive states:

Which is exactly what they did, use their superior tech to impose their will, forcibly bringing these ppl into their Union.
They opened up the SKY, on a society steeped in theological issues.
Who knows how many suicides they caused as ppl simply couldnt deal with their entire reality being upended with zero warning?
Also who cares.
It was a fun straightforward ep. and everything worked out.

I agree on following up the B plots, like with Bortus, and even the slime guy's flirting.
Hoping they follow up on Alara's dating difficulties.

BackFire
I watched a couple episodes of this last night.

Doesn't deserve the thumping it's getting in reviews. Thought it was pretty fun.

-Pr-
Prime Directive states:

Which is exactly what they did, use their superior tech to impose their will, forcibly bringing these ppl into their Union.
They opened up the SKY, on a society steeped in theological issues.
Who knows how many suicides they caused as ppl simply couldnt deal with their entire reality being upended with zero warning?

Can't say I agree with any of that, but okay.

Yeah, the Alara thing should be interesting.

riv6672
I like her ears!

samhain
I like her ears!

Nonsense, it's the lips I tells you, the lips!

riv6672
^^^Well those arent bad! yes

-Pr-
She is VERY cute in general.

samhain
Actually better looking IRL than in the show.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by samhain
Actually better looking IRL than in the show.

"Her" jaw...

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17kkjtfruimxqjpg/original.jpg

samhain
laughing

-Pr-
Episode 4 was pretty good, I thought.

samhain
Another A-Lister appearance as well, and not just a cameo like Liam Neeson got last week. Guess Seth is using his influence to get some big names in.

riv6672
Really fun episode.
Loved the pranks. The main story was well done. I liked Charline Theron's character, and the premise she represented.

The Nuul
loving this show so far, the last to eps were really good. i am watching this show instead of stark trek discovery, phuck star trek discovery and jj abrams, this show does star trek way better. this feels like TNG to me

and phuck the critics as well, the fans love this show because it's really good

The Nuul
i have been reading that Patrick Stewart is supposed to have a cameo thumb up really liked Jonathan Frakes directing, i hope he'll direct more eps and want to see him on camera as well thumb up

The Nuul
Episode 4 was pretty good, I thought.

have you seen ep 5 yet and what did you think of it? i thought it was the best ep so far looking forward to next week, ep 3 was the weakest and slowest imo

-Pr-
Sorry I meant 5. I got the numbering wrong. Yeah, it was great.

cdtm
"Gotcha"

BruceSkywalker
ok show. needs better comedy writers

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by The Nuul
loving this show so far, the last to eps were really good. i am watching this show instead of stark trek discovery, phuck star trek discovery and jj abrams, this show does star trek way better. this feels like TNG to me

and phuck the critics as well, the fans love this show because it's really good

Yeah, I notice critic ratings for this show is in the toilet, but fan/audience approval has been much more favourable, at least in general.

It's why I am losing more and more faith in critic's reviews nowadays. I feel like a lot of them have jumped on the social justice warrior bandwagon, so any shows that tick all the right diversity boxes get lauded as something amazing, even when they aren't that great. And then solid shows who don't necessarily go full SJW get much poorer reviews.

Great example is Iron Fist and Luke Cage. One got 17% on RT, the other 96%. And while I liked Luke Cage more than Iron Fist, the difference in quality is not even remotely so big as to warrant a 79% difference.

The Nuul
yeah this show has a critics rating of 20% and 90% fan/audience on RT

and STD gets 87% from critics and 60% from fans/audience

clearly RT and and critics don't know shit all about what is a good show, RT also scored high for "it follows", this was the worst movie i have ever seen

i couldnt get into luke cage, i have no interest in iron fist, punisher looks badass though

The Nuul
this looks like another great ep

iJAsicCeMN4

The Nuul
the opening from orville is a lot like voyager, i think this show is a mix of tng and voyager, i love it though

is it me or does the krill look a lot like the jem'hadar? i hope the krill become the shows main bad guys

cdtm
If Seth got the time travel bit from The Ray, then props to him and appologies for ragging on him for years.

Anyone who likes Chrstopher Priest's run on Ray Terrill can't be all bad.

riv6672
this looks like another great ep

iJAsicCeMN4
It was.

I like how the conflict with the Krill is being painted in black & white.Aside from the rampant one liners this could have been an ep. of the original series.
A Kelly Hu cameo, Michaela McManus as an oddly hot Krill Female, a nod to Matter Eater Lad...good stuff all around.

Robtard
the opening from orville is a lot like voyager, i think this show is a mix of tng and voyager, i love it though

is it me or does the krill look a lot like the jem'hadar? i hope the krill become the shows main bad guys

They look a bit like the Jem'Hadar and they also sort of remind me of Cardassians, more in attitude than physical appearance.

They do seem to be a standing threat/foe, though the capture of the female and the return of the children makes me wonder if that will open a doorway for a possible truce in future episodes.

riv6672
Plus they surely managed to get an actual copy of the Ankana off the vessel.

Patient_Leech
Finally got around to watching the first episode of this and was surprised at how much I liked it. Some of it I actually found amusing and it's almost a legitimately believable, fun sci-fi universe. With some more world building I could see it really working.

(When it first aired I tuned in just during the scene when he was bickering with his ex-wife while talking to the Krill guy and I thought it was stupid, but it was just a bad part to jump in at because it worked fine in the context of the episode)

riv6672
Finally got around to watching the first episode of this and was surprised at how much I liked it. Some of it I actually found amusing and it's almost a legitimately believable, fun sci-fi universe. With some more world building I could see it really working.

(When it first aired I tuned in just during the scene when he was bickering with his ex-wife while talking to the Krill guy and I thought it was stupid, but it was just a bad part to jump in at because it worked fine in the context of the episode)
Its good you gave it a chance, despite that.

I really was expecting this to be pretty shitty, as FG has gone so far downhill its almost unwatchable.
I can say its ine of my favorite new shows though.

Patient_Leech
The **** is FG?

2 episodes down and still really like it. What's his name laying his egg.. laughing out loud Haha, this show is great.

cdtm
Starting to think Seth has a bunch up pent of issues about his own party, and some of it is fueling a few plots.

Like "Here's why true democracy is TERRIBLE idea".

Key is "fuel" a storyline. He hasn't soapboxed at all, unless you count the Jersey Shore/trash entertainment rant.. smile

riv6672
Starting to think Seth has a bunch up pent of issues about his own party, and some of it is fueling a few plots.

Like "Here's why true democracy is TERRIBLE idea".

Key is "fuel" a storyline. He hasn't soapboxed at all, unless you count the Jersey Shore/trash entertainment rant.. smile
^^^yeah, i can work with the doses he's doling out.
The **** is FG?

****ing Family Guy.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I've never cared for Family Guy. Always been more of a South Park guy.

But I've always sort of liked Seth McFarlane. Go figure. He did help give us the Cosmos reboot which is awesome.

TheVaultDweller
Gotta say, after a couple of episodes of both, I am liking this show a lot more than Star Trek: Discovery.

riv6672
^^^i've read that a few different places, yeah.

Patient_Leech

^ Yeah, definitely. I just finished episode 3 and I can definitely see that. Haha.. it was great.

I love this show so far. Has it been renewed for a 2nd season yet?

-Pr-
Have to say, I really liked the most recent episode. Well-written, and terribly relevant.

Patient_Leech
Well I guess there hasn't been anything official yet, but this is predicted to get renewed for another season...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-fox-week-1-the-orville-will-get-to-keep-exploring-for-now/

cdtm
I'd imagine Seth has enough clout where even if it doesn't hit some magic number, if he wants it renewed, it's getting renewed.

cdtm
I know "What the hell, critics?" is as old as time, but WHAT THE HELL, CRITICS?

Sure, The Orville is flawed, but 18%?

TV Guide and IMDB are between 80-70% Rotten Tomatoes viewer score is 93%

As much as I like the show, if you're a nitpicker/harsh, I can see marking it down as far as an "average" 50% or so. 18%, that's trainwreck territory. Totally unredeemable and unwatchable in every way.

riv6672
Oh, like Star Trek Discovery. smile

TheVaultDweller
Oh, like Star Trek Discovery. smile

I watch STD mostly to see what Lt Stamets does at this point. That guy is hilarious ever since he had his "consciousness expanded".

samhain
ever since he had his "consciousness expanded".

By Kevin Spacey?

Patient_Leech
Watched episode 4. Liked it. The line about biological conscious entities having a tendency to attribute the existence of the universe to some sort of Supreme Being was great.

have you seen ep 5 yet and what did you think of it? i thought it was the best ep so far looking forward to next week, ep 3 was the weakest and slowest imo
Cool. Look forward to it.

Flyattractor
ZEH12QwqPfA

Robtard
By Kevin Spacey?

Too soon...

samhain
Originally posted by Robtard
Too soon...

embarrasment

riv6672
embarrasment
Its never too soon!

riv6672
Hey, officially renewed! eek!

http://www.tvguide.com/amp/news/the-orville-renewed-season-2/

Patient_Leech
^ Woo-hoo!

riv6672
Heck yeah woo hoo. big grin

The Dr. Finn/Isaac ep. this week was really good.
Made me a bigger fan of both, for sure.

samhain
Isaac in the shuttle asking the Doc if her husband was destroyed or if they grew to despise each other had me laughing, really like that guy's delivery.

riv6672
Me too, on the delivery.
I wonder if he's typical of his ppl?

Patient_Leech
Watched Episodes 5 and 6. thumb up

Charlize Theron, damn. I didn't see that coming.

Wonder how they got her on board. She's not cheap.

TheVaultDweller
Watched Episodes 5 and 6. thumb up

Charlize Theron, damn. I didn't see that coming.

Wonder how they got her on board. She's not cheap.

Seth seems to have a good working relationship with both her and Neeson. They both worked with him on A Million Ways to Die in the West. Neeson also made a Taken-spoof cameo in Ted 2.

riv6672
Seth's a nice guy, all told. Guess he makes friends easy.

Patient_Leech
Episode 7: Majority Rule

Great biting critique of pop culture and infotainment. Awesome episode.

cdtm
Calling it now.

Blue guy has phermones or something that makes what's her face sleep with him, thereby absolving her of all responsibility as if she was drugged.

She's a main character, so of course it won't be her fault, somehow.

cdtm
"It's like a drug."

DAMMIT SETH!

cdtm
Suddenly cool with it. laughing

TheVaultDweller
I kept chuckling at Malloy's response to the whole thing, when Ed was getting ready for drinks. The look on his face during that whole conversation was priceless.

Patient_Leech
Alright, I'm only one episode behind now. I need to catch up so I know what you all are talking about.

I also saw something about this latest episode (9, I think) being badly timed perhaps due to current events?

Flyattractor
Only caught one ep of this show and I have to say I wasn't impressed but I will say I don't think it was one of the better episodes. It was the one where Dr.Mom and her 2 sons Crash Landed on The Rabies Planet(?) with the Robot. Story was kind of slow and very easy to predict. Although I will say that id did make me think it was EXACTLY like a episode of TNG. Sadly it was a Latter Season of the series though...

-Pr-
Calling it now.

Blue guy has phermones or something that makes what's her face sleep with him, thereby absolving her of all responsibility as if she was drugged.

She's a main character, so of course it won't be her fault, somehow.

I thought it was really great the way they flipped things around too. Funny episode, but I really wanna hear Bortus sing dammit.

riv6672
^^^agree and agree!

I literally did a spit take when he demanded silence.

Patient_Leech
I thought it was really great the way they flipped things around too. Funny episode, but I really wanna hear Bortus sing dammit.

Haha.. I don't. It would be awful... laughing out loud

I literally did a spit take when he demanded silence.

Hahaha.. that was hilarious!! laughing out loud

I can see why some might consider it bad timing for this episode, but I think it's perfect timing, haha...

https://pics.me.me/latest-brave-celebrity-to-come-forward-in-the-hollywood-sex-28904097.png

Patient_Leech
I love that this is already a great gif meme... laughing out loud

https://i.imgur.com/Z3DhOJ5.gif

riv6672
^^^oh, NICE!

Patient_Leech
laughing out loud Bortus is the best...

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT4Ap7ejI4dNM6ZA9a/source.gif

riv6672
HAHAHA!!! laughing

Patient_Leech
I actually intended on watching last night's episode when it aired on FOX, but I totally forgot. It's okay, I'll catch it in a day or two.

riv6672
Watched it this morning. Liked it a lot!

cdtm
Grim 'n gritty, grim 'n gritty, grim 'n gritty, clown.

Never thought I'd use the words "Seth Mcfarlane" and "genius" in the same sentence. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/clapping.gif

cdtm
Was thinking how Seth should bring in a Trek alumini for shits and giggles, and than along comes Alara's father. laughing out loud

riv6672
Grim 'n gritty, grim 'n gritty, grim 'n gritty, clown.

Never thought I'd use the words "Seth Mcfarlane" and "genius" in the same sentence. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/clapping.gif

"is not a"

Patient_Leech
Well I think this show has revealed McFarlane as a genius. It's a great show.

I haven't seen "Firestorm" yet, but was looking to see if there was going to be a new episode Thursday for Thanksgiving and no there's not. Damn, stupid Thanksgiving! Next new episode is Nov. 30th.

riv6672
I was just showing him how most ppl would use Seth's name and genius together. stick out tongue

Truthfully i liked his Family Guy a lot back in the day, havent in ages, odd ep. aside. His movies (the Teds, 8 Million Ways...) i've found enjoyable.
He's really hit some kind of stride here, though.
The Orville is bringing out the best in him i think.

Patient_Leech
The Orville is bringing out the best in i think.

Absolutely. He's perfect in the role and the show's ability to cover many different genres is what makes it so fun.

I saw that they are cutting the season an episode short. No biggie, though. Sounds like they're just going to tack it onto next season...

http://comicbook.com/startrek/2017/11/15/the-orville-season-1-episodes/

I finally watched the latest episode, 'Firestorm' and it was awesome. Might be my favorite episode so far for its sheer wackiness... laughing out loud

riv6672
^^^Thanks for the update on stuff!

i liked 'Firestorm' too. Especially since i have love/hate thing with clowns...

Patient_Leech
So only 2 more episodes left this season. crybaby

riv6672
Lets enjoy them, knowing we have a 2nd season! Happy Dance

Patient_Leech
Yup! big grin

https://i.imgur.com/QyZr29x.gif

riv6672
His perfectly serious tone when telling the crew to be wary of pies, seltzer bottles, balloon animals...****ing priceless.

riv6672
This ep. (Without going into detail) was the bomb.
Lots of fun character interaction and a great sci fi situation to deal with. This is what shows like this need to deliver and it did.

-Pr-
Yeah, really good ep in general. And poor Norm Macdonald's character.

riv6672
haha, yeah, he didnt fare well this ep. He honestly had some legit gripes, imo.

Patient_Leech
Haven't had a chance to see the latest episode yet, but I've heard very good things, so I'm looking forward to it.

TheVaultDweller
I died at the bit in the latest episode where Isaac starts stroking Malloy's arm. That look he got back was priceless.

riv6672
I died at the bit in the latest episode where Isaac starts stroking Malloy's arm. That look he got back was priceless.
That was, no joke, funny af.

Patient_Leech
So I watched "New Dimensions." Not my favorite episode, but it was good. Good character development for Lt. LaMarr.

I think Yaphit's cousin is on Mucinex commercials... laughing out loud

http://static.adweek.com/adweek.com-prod/wp-content/uploads/files/news_article/mr-mucus-hed-2014.jpg

Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

riv6672
haha

samhain
Really hope we get an awesome finale after this show has taken everyone by surprise, I'd even enjoy a cliffhanger.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I hope they have an epic finale. I don't know if you saw the link, but apparently they cut this season one episode short. They're saving it for next season.

samhain
^Interesting. Could suggest a cliffhanger ending, like they planned to end with a 2-parter and wait and see if the show got renewed, but now that they already know they'll be back next year they've decided to carry it on into the next season instead.

Will the next season have 14 episodes then? Doubt it.

Patient_Leech
Here's the link again...

riv6672
Makes sense.

Patient_Leech
How was the finale? Anybody watch it yet?

I was busy watching the football game, so I'll have to watch it in the coming days.

cdtm
Wasn't bad. Not their best, imo, but was a solid finale.

Robtard
Enjoyed the final and the season overall. McFarlane has a winner on his hands if he can maintain the quality into future seasons and/or hopefully improve.

riv6672
Man what a great finale, cant say enough good things about it.

Patient_Leech
I watched the final episode. I like the episode (especially for the harsh commentary on religion), but the episode itself was somewhat anti-climactic for a season finale. Definitely not what one expects from a season ender. But I guess that's okay. I realize they were sort of bookending the season by wrapping up their relationship quarrels.

Personally I would have liked something exciting with the Krill. But that's okay, there's probably more of that to come. I'm really curious what episode they saved for next season, though. Does anyone know which episode it is and perhaps even what it's about?

riv6672
The commentary on religion wasnt harsh, it was just commentary.
There was no wild ending, but yeah, things are settled, for now, between our main couple. The Krill i think, will feature more heavily next season.

Patient_Leech
I'm excited about season 2 for this. The trailer looks good. Dec 30th is a 2-hour premiere!

Patient_Leech
Season 2 comes out soon. I've been meaning to re-watch Season 1 with my wife, but haven't gotten around to it yet...

riv6672
This show was a real surprise to me.
So glad it did well and got renewed.

Robtard
Season 3 starts in a few days. Am excited, despite a questionable start, this got good.

Patient_Leech
Ja, I am looking forward to the new season. Looks like it's going to be a hell of an upgrade.

Hoping for lots of Bortus!

Robtard
You just want to see Bortus do his yearly pee again, you pervert!

Patient_Leech
You just want to see Bortus do his yearly pee again, you pervert!

laughing out loud

I don't even remember that! Haha.. I do seem to remember a virtual reality gay orgy that he had, though. laughing out loud

Robtard
The Moclans only piss once a year during their "Great Release", it's a big deal where close friends and family come to watch and celebrate the occasion.

That was the episode where Bortus was addicted to porn

Patient_Leech
The Moclans only piss once a year during their "Great Release", it's a big deal where close friends and family come to watch and celebrate the occasion.

That was the episode where Bortus was addicted to porn

Okay, I have a vague recollection of that.

All I know is that this was one of my favorite Bortus moments...

https://c.tenor.com/dBk7hP8jg2YAAAAC/bortus-orville.gif

Robtard
My favorite Bortus moment was when he became addicted to cigarettes

https://64.media.tumblr.com/22a4d7d8ed1f2b62fa18182b87fdd944/tumblr_povnu3O7XR1xe9r4qo1_400.gif

Old Man Whirly!
Poor Isaac sad

Robtard
Meh, didn't even feel it or care.

Old Man Whirly!
Meh, didn't even feel it or care. really? I thought it was great tbh.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
really? I thought it was great tbh.

No, I meant Isaac didn't feel it or care stick out tongue

I thought it was a good episode, but a bit heavy on the serious side; while a bit light on humor.

I prefer my Orville to have comedy as the medium-rare steak with a nice side of serious drama.

Old Man Whirly!
No, I meant Isaac didn't feel it or care stick out tongue

I thought it was a good episode, but a bit heavy on the serious side; while a bit light on humor.

I prefer my Orville to have comedy as the medium-rare steak with a nice side of serious drama. I just like the Orville, most shows are almost perfect TV for aging Trekkies.

Old Man Whirly!
I have watched it back to back with star trek, star trek is good, the orville is better.

Old Man Whirly!
Still awesome.

Patient_Leech
I still have not started Season 3 yet. I need to get on that...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>