Waco (2018)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
New images have been released for the docuseries Waco which boasts an impressive cast of Michael Shannon, Taylor Kitsch, And John Leguizamo.
Set to come out in January of 2018
http://collider.com/waco-images-taylor-kitsch/

Do you think this will be as good as the People vs. OJ Simpson? How do you think most Historical docuseries are in terms of quality?

jaden101
Originally posted by carthage
New images have been released for the docuseries Waco which boasts an impressive cast of Michael Shannon, Taylor Kitsch, And John Leguizamo.
Set to come out in January of 2018
http://collider.com/waco-images-taylor-kitsch/

Do you think this will be as good as the People vs. OJ Simpson? How do you think most Historical docuseries are in terms of quality?

Like the look of this. Oddly the best I've seen was part of a UK series called Surviving Disaster. An episode on Chernobyl starring Adrian Edmonson (Rik Mayall's comedy partner)

yk3-XUe0oEU

Patient_Leech
This looks awesome. I'll probably keep an eye out for it. It looks absolutely fascinating...

QcruuokFXsE

carthage
New trailer

Looks really ****ing intense

http://www.paramountnetwork.com/video-clips/o58ltz/waco-waco-revelations-trailer

Surtur
Anyone notice the Boardwalk Empire reunion in this? You have Van Alden. You have Eli. You have Remus.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by carthage
New trailer

Looks really ****ing intense

http://www.paramountnetwork.com/video-clips/o58ltz/waco-waco-revelations-trailer

I may watch the trailer, but probably not. I'm looking forward to this show.

Patient_Leech
This apparently premieres tonight.

Does anyone know how to watch Paramount Network? I really don't know what the **** it is.

Surtur
Lol I've never even heard of it.

carthage
2 episodes in and Kitsch is killing it as Koresh

Patient_Leech
^ Yeah, he's phenomenal.

I'm halfway through this and it's really, really good.

Robtard
It only gets better, was good start to finish.

Kitsch did a fantastic job playing that scumbag Koresh. He really should receive whatever television-shit reward for it.

carthage

Patient_Leech
Yeah, her death scene was pretty heart wrenching.

Originally posted by Robtard
It only gets better, was good start to finish.

Kitsch did a fantastic job playing that scumbag Koresh. He really should receive whatever television-shit reward for it.

Yeah, he deserves an award for the portrayal. Pretty unbelievable performance. I've never seen him in anything particularly good until this. But he was perfect for this role. I think it was probably fair to portray him as sincere in his convictions. But I'm still not clear as to whether or not he was sexually abusing young girls. (I heard from a source that when they bugged some of the supplies sent in that he was caught saying things about popping cherries, etc.) But it's clear that he had multiple young wives and he was a dangerous cult leader with a fanatical apocalyptic "end-of-days" complex.

I've delved a little into some of the controversies surrounding the situation and it's hard to know what to believe. But I think it's obvious that the Davidians wanted to die, otherwise more of them would have come out with the tear gas / fire. I don't necessarily think they were planning to die from the beginning (at least not most of them). But since the FBI kept pushing and pushing they just saw it as more and more "tests of their faith" and the end times coming down upon them. And he either had many of his followers convinced that they'd be purified by fire (either that or I also heard that gunshot wounds were found, so maybe they were forced to stay in at gunpoint. Did David Koresh really have a gunshot wound to the head? I'm surprised he wouldn't take the death by fire.) But any sane person would have come out. These were clearly not sane people. And it's tragic, and it may have been mishandled to an extent by the FBI (and certainly the ATF), but those people wanted to die. There's no doubt about it. If the love of their children and families was not enough to get them out of the building they wanted to die for their "faith." (what a ****ed up "faith in God" if loving your children/family more than death by fire is a "test of faith."wink

But no matter who started the fire, the FBI should have known that fire was a distinct possibility and should have had the fire department there to put it out should it start. But then again, they probably didn't want to prolong the situation any longer...

It's truly a disturbing and ****ed up situation. No doubt about it.

Moral of the story: believing in God and especially divine revelation can be a dangerous business.

Flyattractor
How many episodes do we have to sit thru to get to the First Annual Waco Wacko Weenie Roast bit?

Man I recall watching that on tv Live. Fun Stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.