Who can lift thors hammer by pure physical strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Superboy Prime
World Breaker Hulk
OWAW Superman
Thanos (amping allowed)
Superman Prime W guardian amp

Facee
No one can..The hammers enchantment won't allow it.

TethAdamTheRock
Who can Overide the enchantment by using pure phyical strength

Facee
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Who can Overide the enchantment by using pure phyical strength

Not sure. Even Hulks strength is not enough.

zopzop
Originally posted by Facee
No one can..The hammers enchantment won't allow it.
So if Eternity, Infinity, Abraxas, Beyonder, or the LT wanted to lift the hammer, they couldn't? Anyone whose strength > Odin's enchantment can lift if physically if they want to.

Magnon
http://pm1.narvii.com/5983/1da33d35c81c0adfd5ffd82a640ff2581e21ad30_hq.jpg

Facee
Originally posted by zopzop
So if Eternity, Infinity, Abraxas, Beyonder, or the LT wanted to lift the hammer, they couldn't? Anyone whose strength > Odin's enchantment can lift if physically if they want to.
Do you have evidence of someone using strength to lift it ? Or should I just take your word for it huh

Stoic
No one can lift it. And those with the power to break the enchantment wouldn't bother trying.

Mindship
I would think someone would have to overpower the enchantment magically, not physically.

zopzop
Originally posted by Facee
Do you have evidence of someone using strength to lift it ? Or should I just take your word for it huh
The beings I mentioned would crush Odin and all Asgard like insects. If they wanted to lift the hammer they can lift it by any means they want to.

leonidas
of course they could. saying eternity or lt could lift the hammer is more than a little redundant though. no one on that list could do it i don't think. only one with a chance would be prime, just because of his haxx showings and his utter disregard for anything magic. but again, that would be because he simply broke the enchantment. i believe it still has never been done. /shrug

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
of course they could. saying eternity or lt could lift the hammer is more than a little redundant though. no one on that list could do it i don't think. only one with a chance would be prime, just because of his haxx showings and his utter disregard for anything magic. but again, that would be because he simply broke the enchantment. i believe it still has never been done. /shrug
IMHO, SMP and POSSIBLY SBP could do it (for the reasons you mentioned). OWAW Superman could do it too.

Speaking of the enchantment, Zeus caught Mjolnir and ever so briefly held it. Mephisto did.......something to it. He for sure grabbed it and held it long enough to have a little back and forth with Thor. Whether he really slagged and recreated it is another story. The fact that he held it for so long is a feat in and of itself.

JBL
No one on that list is lifting that hammer.

wuleecat
Including Odin.

Made himself look a complete tool when he tried.

What kind of a knob can't overcome his own enchantment?

Feeb.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Superboy Prime
World Breaker Hulk
OWAW Superman
Thanos (amping allowed)
Superman Prime W guardian amp

I think everyone could do it but you woul need and unmoveable, indestructible ground (above the enchantment) else the Planet would simply break before they lift it.

DarkSaint85
SBP and SMP are immune to magic sneer

bluewaterrider
Mjolnir enchantment is apparently greater than the physical strength of mortals. Possible exception: Molecule Man, who successfully took the hammer apart, and put it back together again, and could theoretically do so again, leaving it without its "no lift" enchantment.

Having said that:

1. I agree with the reasoning for Prime.

2. WorldBreaker Hulk could do it, but only if he first did something to remove the ground from the hammer. In that case Mjolnir would essentially be floating in space, and could then be wielded as Red Hulk wielded it against Thor in their first fight.

3. Rogue could theoretically lift Mjolnir; part of her "is" Thor after twice having extended contact with him (first time Avengers Annual #10, second time just prior to her shoving match against Exitar, the world-crushing celestial).

4. Speaking of Celestials, War Hulk, with a tech aid from them, proved able to defeat even Juggernaut's powerful enchantment. Note that Juggernaut was able to successfully halt the forward progress of Mjolnir, indeed stop and send it back to Thor, even though Thor gave Mjolnir one of his mightiest throws. War Hulk could probably lift Mjolnir with reasonable, and perhaps even moderate, difficulty.

5. I do not now remember if it was Thanos or Apocalypse who pit War Hulk against Juggernaut. Assuming either now has Celestial Tech or can duplicate that which was used by War Hulk, either Thanos OR Apocalypse should be able to lift Mjolnir.

riv6672
That list?
Mjolnir clears it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.