G.L. Hal vs. Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
Who wins?

zopzop
Hal or any other competent GL wins.

MrMind
Hal in a close fight

krisblaze
Loki is too smart to lose this.

riv6672
Originally posted by zopzop
Hal or any other competent GL wins.
In a non prep fight, this should always be the case.

Zack M
Hal loses pre-flashpoint/rebirth but wins post.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by riv6672
In a non prep fight, this should always be the case. I agree

Smurph
In a non prep fight, this should always be the case. Why?

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Smurph
Why? Loki isnt strong enough to break GL constructs

krisblaze
Lmao

Adam Grimes
Loki is so smart he would debate with the constructs until they join him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I honestly don't know how this would go. Hal has superior feats overall (With much lower lows obviously) but Loki is way more intelligent and Hal's weakness is his ring. And Loki unlike most heroes is very likely to go for something of that sort.

Hal could do a Krona Buster on Loki for example and end it, but Loki isn't going to get into a pissing contest with anyone that isn't Thor and is almost impossible to kill/injure depending on your take with his powers.

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Loki isnt strong enough to break GL constructs

Very untrue.

celeyhyga17
The polarity of Hal's shields gets reversed.

abhilegend
Hal still beats the shit out of Loki.

riv6672
Why?
Because his strengths lie in plotting and scheming and maneuvering his opponents into the weakest possible position; like most magic characters he's at his most dangerous when he has time to cast more complex spells.
He does have the ability to fight non prep of course, i just dont think what he has is enough to take out a competent GL, especially not Hal Jordan.

DarkSaint85
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/batman-can-take-green-lanterns-ring.jpg

sneer

leonidas
magic has been a weakness of the ring in the past (i've shown multiple scans in the past). not sure if that has been addressed currently or not. the ring has also had mixed showings vs tp and loki is a high end telepath and telekinetic. not sure how this would go but no one is beating the sh!t out of the other in this thing that's for damn sure. higher highs to hal but it depends if anyone can prove the ring vs magic. if not, then the heavy edge goes to loki. /shrug

DarkSaint85
Aren't the Red Lanterns magic? It eats through their shields IIRC.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Aren't the Red Lanterns magic? It eats through their shields IIRC.
No,
It eats through it because the idea is that Anger as an emotion is stronger than will. It over takes the heart...

leonidas
there is some magic-related material in the origin of the red lanterns but i always thought that had more to do with the emotion too, but i guess the magic could play a role as well.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/batman-can-take-green-lanterns-ring.jpg

sneer
Perfect example.
Loki would need at LEAST a year's prep, continous spell casting, and round about half a dozen magical patrons and demonic entities to simulate a working Batman aura.

Thank you, DS. cool

DarkSaint85
My thoughts exactly

riv6672
smile

celeyhyga17
http://imgur.com/Z5nGN4p.jpg

Then again Hal could just remove his auto shields to avoid getting crushed. Then he gets turned to a goat.

Smurph
Because his strengths lie in plotting and scheming and maneuvering his opponents into the weakest possible position; like most magic characters he's at his most dangerous when he has time to cast more complex spells.
He does have the ability to fight non prep of course, i just dont think what he has is enough to take out a competent GL, especially not Hal Jordan. Loki's stoylines typically revolve around scheming, but he doesn't need prep time to give any lantern a good fight.

Hal might be a mismatch, but I'd take Loki over most competent GLs (depending on where we draw the 'competent' line, I suppose).

riv6672
Loki's stoylines typically revolve around scheming, but he doesn't need prep time to give any lantern a good fight.

Agreed.
He needs prep time to win the fight.

Smurph
Hal might be a mismatch, but I'd take Loki over most competent GLs (depending on where we draw the 'competent' line, I suppose).

Philosophía
Yeah, Sinestro might be able to draw even with Ch'p.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Then again Hal could just remove his auto shields to avoid getting crushed. Then he gets turned to a goat.

Agreed thumb up

riv6672
^^^Considering Sue's shields/a GL's shields are generated in completely different ways?
Not a definitive theory.

Its like saying a device that can knock Iron Man's armor offline, making him fall out of the sky, will do the same to Thor, who flies magically via hammer, Storm, who uses wind manipulation, or Angel, who has wings.

abhilegend

Of course, Invisible Woman is equal to Hal Jordan. Why didn't anybody think of that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Both are powered by will and extra-dimensional sources of incredibly power. One is part of the emotional spectrum, the other is hyperspace. Not an exact correlation, but not super irrelevant either. That combined with his mind-f*ck of Reed Richards from the same fight (And a mixed history against magic for Lanterns) and this is hardly a stomp for either character.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3347590-lok+11.jpg

Zack M
Hal would probably stomp currently. He was turning into will incarnate. Not sure if he's that powerful at the moment. but he easily beat Zero Hour Parallax and Sinestollax like they were nothing. Loki isn't on that level.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If he's straight up above Zero Hour Parallax/Sinesro Parallax then he's easily Skyfather level and would stomp obviously.

zopzop

Did you notice? That was the FF in their early years. That's Sue Storm as "Invisible Girl". She was much more powerful and competent as the "Invisible WOMAN" later on in her career.

Hal or any other competent GL would kill Loki.

RealityWarper
Just wait for the end of the month that Loki get new feats. smile

Khazra Reborn
Hasn't Loki been upgraded to god of stories or something? I've heard that was a major increase in power, but I haven't seen anything myself. Anyone know what's going on with that

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Hasn't Loki been upgraded to god of stories or something? I've heard that was a major increase in power, but I haven't seen anything myself. Anyone know what's going on with that

Yes.

Zack M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If he's straight up above Zero Hour Parallax/Sinesro Parallax then he's easily Skyfather level and would stomp obviously.

Around Convergence, Hal was using Krona's gauntlets. IIRC, it triggered something in him and he became a being of pure will power. Not only did he temporarily kill Sinestro with the Parallax entity, but easily tooled ZH Parallax (Among other feats). Hal is way above Skyfather.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

Yes. Theoretically, he's incredibly uber based on what he did. I'll post scans later, but I was assuming this was classic Loki. He has so many incarnations at this point.

abhilegend
Both are powered by will and extra-dimensional sources of incredibly power. One is part of the emotional spectrum, the other is hyperspace. Not an exact correlation, but not super irrelevant either. That combined with his mind-f*ck of Reed Richards from the same fight (And a mixed history against magic for Lanterns) and this is hardly a stomp for either character.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3347590-lok+11.jpg
Because Sue is nowhere near Hal in power or skills.

Of course, Mr Fantastic is Hal Jordan level in willpower.

Why didn't anybody think of that.

RealityWarper
Sue killed Exitar... XD

riv6672
Both are powered by will and extra-dimensional sources of incredibly power. One is part of the emotional spectrum, the other is hyperspace. Not an exact correlation, but not super irrelevant either.B]
Actually very relevant.
Both use completely different means of producing FFs, like Iron Man, Thor, Storm, and Angel use completely different means to fly.

If you arent gonna factor in that GLs shields, willpower or not, are created by a super advanced alien device when making your decision, well, thats ok, i will when making mine.

Sin I AM
loki is god of stories AND sorcerer supreme now so hmmmm.....leaning towards the frost giant.

how powerful is current Hal anyone?

Zack M
Multi-universal, at the least.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Zack M
Multi-universal, at the least.

Not sure if serious

Zack M
Dead serious. Read the actual books, if you don't believe me. Where would you peg Zero Hour Parallax (Hal)? Hal as the embodiment of will owned him.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Zack M
Dead serious. Read the actual books, if you don't believe me. Where would you peg Zero Hour Parallax (Hal)? Hal as the embodiment of will owned him.

Interesting...and what should I read in particular that states Hal is now......."multiversal"?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm assuming classic Loki and it would be a very competitive fight. Magic, telepathy and deception have all been very useful tools against the ring has it all backed up by a shit load of power and an unusually extreme level durability for his power set.

Current Loki is hard to gauge. Apparently so is Hal.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Because Sue is nowhere near Hal in power or skills.

Of course, Mr Fantastic is Hal Jordan level in willpower.

Why didn't anybody think of that.

Okay.

I just said a combination of the two show he would be extremely deadly to a lantern. If you disagree that's fine. Never said he was. He overcame Reeds intellect, drove him mad. I think that's impressive, Reed has matched wills with Doom and is incredibly intelligent.

Zack M
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Interesting...and what should I read in particular that states Hal is now......."multiversal"?

Ever since Hal obtained Krona's gauntlets. Don't remember the exact issue. Hal has evolved to be much more than top tier.

riv6672
I'm assuming classic Loki and it would be a very competitive fight. Magic, telepathy and deception have all been very useful tools against the ring has it all backed up by a shit load of power and an unusually extreme level durability for his power set.

Current Loki is hard to gauge. Apparently so is Hal.
Yeah, i know its always supposed to be current versions, but i usually think classic.
Most ppl do, really, as its taken till page 3 for anyone to start talking about whatever the characters are doing now.

abhilegend
Okay.

I just said a combination of the two show he would be extremely deadly to a lantern. If you disagree that's fine. Never said he was. He overcame Reeds intellect, drove him mad. I think that's impressive, Reed has matched wills with Doom and is incredibly intelligent.
laughing out loud

Did you even read the scan? Reed was the most susceptible of fantastic four due to the nature of the attack.

Hal would laugh at such an attack.

quanchi112
Speculation.

RealityWarper
Hal can't even concentrate in holding his own ring properly.

Loki will shitstomp him. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by RealityWarper

Loki will shitstomp him. thumb up thumb up

Zack M
Originally posted by RealityWarper

Loki will shitstomp him. thumb up

Hal doesn't need any ring to win, anyway. wink You haven't been paying attention.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.