Riddick vs Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Which is a better franchise?

quanchi112
I expect the coward known as Leech to weigh in on the quality of the sub par Riddick franchise. Anything dark is cool, amirite ?

Kazenji
Blatant trolling towards Leech, obviously.

quanchi112
Leech raised the question Star Wars is shit so this is a fair thread. Leech created this by his harsh criticism of Star Wars. This is his hand.

Kazenji
So a knee jerk reaction.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
So a knee jerk reaction. No, this is a constructive thread in which he can make his case. People disagree here don't be such a softie. One day I do hope your balls drop and you become a man. Until that day comes cry somewhere else.

playa1258
Star Wars is the best franchise in movie history and one of the best franchises out there, period.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Blatant trolling towards Leech, obviously.

This. And this isn't the Vs Forum, so once again Sable proves to be a total basketcase with regard to starting threads.

Sable
Vs threads are for characters against each other in fights. If you don't believe me, go read the rules of the MvF.

Since you are here though, are you saying that Star Wars is indeed better than Riddick?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This. And this isn't the Vs Forum, so once again Sable proves to be a total basketcase with regard to starting threads. Why are you so defensive. Make your case for why Riddick is better. If you can't you concede the thread.

Patient_Leech
I just prefer space adventure that has some substance and isn't just made for merchandising and plastered all over every single product in the every store. I also prefer stories made for adults. Star Wars would be better if I was 10 years old, or at least had the emotional and intellectual maturity of a 10-year-old like you, quanch.

But the main problem with you Star Wars fanboys is that you just constantly spout the superiority of your beloved franchise, but never discuss anything about it (or anything else for that matter) intelligently. What is the point of discussing films on a board like this if you never actually talk about the merit any of them has as pieces of literature? Because you're nothing but annoying trolls, that's why.

I'm really not interested in comparing two franchises like this. Because from an unbiased perspective it's like comparing apples and oranges. It's not an interesting topic except to you annoying fanboy trolls.

quanchi112
I just prefer space adventure that has some substance and isn't just made for merchandising and plastered all over every single product in the every store. I also prefer stories made for adults. Star Wars would be better if I was 10 years old, or at least had the emotional and intellectual maturity of a 10-year-old like you, quanch.

But the main problem with you Star Wars fanboys is that you just constantly spout the superiority of your beloved franchise, but never discuss anything about it (or anything else for that matter) intelligently. What is the point of discussing films on a board like this if you never actually talk about the merit any of them has as pieces of literature? Because you're nothing but annoying trolls, that's why. So you believe all the adults on this forum are ten year old boys since they love it. Wtf I never grew up loving Star Wars. I don't find the original trilogy perfect and my favorite film is RoTs which isn't prevalent amongst the majority of fans. I also believe the new trilogy created some great characters in Snoke and Kylo personally for me.

I find Star Wars more rewatchable, a better story with far better characters. Pitch Black wasn't even good. The second was my favorite but it pales in comparison to most Star Wars films. The third was good the second time I watched but wasn't anything even close to intelligent film making. Let's debate this point by point but quit bringing up merchandise which is the objective of a business to make as much money as possible you neanderthal.

jaden101
Riddick stabbed Fry.

Sable

But the main problem with you Star Wars fanboys is that you just constantly spout the superiority of your beloved franchise, but never discuss anything about it (or anything else for that matter) intelligently. What is the point of discussing films on a board like this if you never actually talk about the merit any of them has as pieces of literature? Because you're nothing but annoying trolls, that's why.

I'm really not interested in comparing two franchises like this. Because from an unbiased perspective it's like comparing apples and oranges. It's not an interesting topic except to you annoying fanboy trolls.

I was a big Riddick fan for a long time until I realized how incredibly stupid the movies were. The second one is the only one worth watching if there is nothing else to watch, the third is almost unbearable, the first was original at the time. Going back over the screen play and the writing, its just garbage. They barley give any backstory on Riddick until the second movie. Then its "Furya Furya Furya!" They came up with this cool catchy word, and story that they stole from Dragon Ball Z, where a evil lord kills off an entire race feeling his downfall. Exact same story to with Freeza and the Saijens. That only a Furyan could kill him etc etc. Which is a big ripoff.

Then we learn he basically ruined his eyes cause he never thought he would see daylight again, which is short sited for Riddick, someone who is supposed to be smart and can escape anything, but he decides to ruin his eyes for reasons. So which is it, was he not that good of an escape artist he thought he was going to be in the dark the rest of his life?

Oh man, then the third movie, he gets tricked into being taken to Furya? Like he didnt have anyone there to check it out and see if it actually was? Wasn't he like the fcking boss and current lord marshal? Riddick is supposed to be known for detecting bullshit and traps and all that, and walks right into that one.

The whole thing is a shit show.

You said you like space adventure and such, the exploration on star wars is way more indepth, you see like a few planets btw the three movies like maybe a total of 5 planets. The pitch black planet, crematoria not-furya, helion prime and that ice planet. There is literally jack shit for space adventure when compared to Star Wars.

As far as merchandise, the free market determines if merchandise sells or not, if it wasn't popular they would stop making it. Thats fcking life.

Also I can't believe you even suggested anyone who it not 10 years old cant watch Star Wars. The screen play for Riddick is literally built for 10 years old, as it has basically no continuity and huge holes in the story, thats great for a 10 year old who doesn't care about that kind of stuff. Star Wars has many religious, philosophical and cultural elements, something a 10 year old would never even understand or think about after wards.

So if you wanted a 10 year old audience, Riddick is the franchise for that. Star Wars is all ages as there is something in there for everyone.

Surtur

I found Pitch Black to be a decent movie. The most recent Riddick movie was decent as well. I liked "The Chronicles of Riddick" the most out of all the movies. But overall what I liked most about the franchise was the video game.

I enjoy Star Wars way more. The movies definitely seem to be for people of all ages, but there are parts of the franchise meant for a bit more of a mature audience. For instance people have tried to claim the CGI Clone Wars show was a kids show essentially, but you can see it really isn't:

CRBy_jKlcFA

So there is indeed stuff within the franchise of Star Wars that is more mature. Forgetting the movies or tv for a second you have the video games as well. Some are for kids of all ages, games like KOTOR are not for little kids though.

There is something for everybody when it comes to Star Wars. If you have netflix and you want a more mature Star Wars, all 6 seasons of the CGI Clone Wars are on there.

Sable
Star Wars hands down.

Arachnid1
I agree. I watched Star Wars when I was older and it bored me to tears. So damn juvenile.

That said, I'm not much of a Riddick fan either.

Patient_Leech
In response to this thread in general...

http://www.troll.me/images/xzibit-yo-dawg/obvious-troll.jpg

https://images.encyclopediadramatica.rs/c/c2/Maximum_trolling64.gif

http://www.dizzlexic.com/trolls/troll-face-look-at-me-i-dont-care-trollface.gif

Sable
Clearly you hate good movies.

quanchi112
He has a childlike response and says Star Wars films are for ten year olds. Typical man child coward.

Surtur
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I agree. I watched Star Wars when I was older and it bored me to tears. So damn juvenile.

That said, I'm not much of a Riddick fan either.

CRBy_jKlcFA

You can find mature Star Wars material easily.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Surtur
CRBy_jKlcFA Yeah, I watched the video you posted above. I'm not saying all SW content is strictly for kids, but that the movies did give a childish impression. If I wasn't into most of the movies, I'm kind of apprehensive about getting into the show (though I've heard Clone Wars is pretty good).

Sable
How could you say Rouge One was boring or just for kids, or let me guess you didn't even see it?

Surtur
Yeah, I watched the video you posted above. I'm not saying all SW content is strictly for kids, but that the movies did give a childish impression. If I wasn't into most of the movies, I'm kind of apprehensive about getting into the show (though I've heard Clone Wars is pretty good).

IMO Clone Wars is worth it. It's a great show.

ares834

Says the Spider-man fan. eek!

Sable
Leech could not even vote for his pitiful series.

quanchi112
Leech is running scared.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.