Dark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
pi2k1u6eZuI

samhain
Watched the first 8 episodes today. Very, very good, similar to a lot of European crime drama in the isolated setting and intertwining lives of the people. Reminds me of Stranger Things but that wears off after about 5 episodes. The show has a bit more to get your head around than I had anticipated but it's really interesting and they help you to connect the dots through the use of photographs.

Surtur
Originally posted by samhain
Watched the first 8 episodes today. Very, very good, similar to a lot of European crime drama in the isolated setting and intertwining lives of the people. Reminds me of Stranger Things but that wears off after about 5 episodes. The show has a bit more to get your head around than I had anticipated but it's really interesting and they help you to connect the dots through the use of photographs.

I agree, I just started watching this series. It's interesting.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by samhain
Reminds me of Stranger Things but that wears off after about 5 episodes.

Yeah, my wife and i were watching this because she had heard about it and it just felt like a Stranger Things rip off. I mean, ridiculous. Even 80s music and whatnot. So I quit after 4 or 5 episodes. It was really well done and all, I just lost interest.

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, my wife and i were watching this because she had heard about it and it just felt like a Stranger Things rip off. I mean, ridiculous. Even 80s music and whatnot. So I quit after 4 or 5 episodes. It was really well done and all, I just lost interest.

I got that vibe at first, but it has worn off by the 4th episode. It has stuff in common in terms of trying to tap into nostalgia and the 80s, but the plot of dark becomes far more complicated as it goes on.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Surtur
I got that vibe at first, but it has worn off by the 4th episode. It has stuff in common in terms of trying to tap into nostalgia and the 80s, but the plot of dark becomes far more complicated as it goes on. Yeah I like all the intricacies and twists that are set up and hinted at for episodes beforehand. This show is great so far, though it has no fun factor to break away from the constant bleakness (which is a plus for me).

Also, this show isn't all that similar to Stranger Things at all IMO.

abhilegend
What a masterpiece of a show.

Surtur
I have to catch up on the show, I never even finished the first season.

samhain
Just finished the final season (season 3), it's a show that needs to be binged over a weekend I think, I got a bit lost between seasons 1 and 2 about who the characters were but I just stopped watching the season 2 premiere and watched the season 1 finale instead and was right back up to speed.

playa1258
One of the best shows in recent memory.

Netflix continues to knock it out of the park.

dynamix
awesome show. i just got into it recently (like two weeks ago) and binged the first 2 seasons. about to start the 3rd now. i actually had to have a note pad with me while watching it, trying to keep track of the relations between characters. it reminds me alot of Twin Peaks. The mood, the music, the secrets and stuff like that. My only reservation is the jonas and martha stuff. its too weird for me.

Lestov16
Definitely one of the best sci fi shows ever imo. Can't really discuss it without spoiling the ending, but it's really a modern masterpiece.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.