Luke Skywalker Episode 8: Lives or Dies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Does Luke survive Episode 8 ?

DarthAnt66
I think he will die. If Disney planned for Leia to play the Han/Luke role in Episode 9, that suggests that Luke's role would either be minor or absent. I can't really see Luke just playing a minor role or dying early in the film, so I assume he'll be killed off at the climax of this one.

|King Joker|
I know Leia was supposed to have a more pivotal role in 9 but I don't think it was specifically to fill a void Luke filled? Hypothetically both Luke and Leia could've been prominent in 9.

Unbowed
Hopefully Snoke kills him.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Unbowed
Hopefully Snoke kills him.

thumb down

Zenwolf
I'm expecting either or.

Flyattractor
I say He dies, but Who will Kill Him? Kyle or Rey?

Total Warrior

Rebel95
I don't think he'll die

darthbane77
He won't die until Episode 9

ares834
He better not die. He needs to rebuild the Jedi Order.

Zenwolf
If he does, it's gonna feel really weird for the SWU to not have Luke. I mean yeah sure, in the Legacy era he was dead but that was like...hundreds of years after. This though, he's still alive and kicking and given the Force can extend lifespans, I'd imagine he'd be able to still do stuff.

But I'm expecting anything and everything at this point.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Unbowed
Hopefully Snoke kills him. Great minds think alike.

playa1258
He makes it through the whole trilogy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
He makes it through the whole trilogy. You are so scared shitless of Snoke. It's pretty obvious.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834

Or maybe the Jedi Just die with him, like he alluded to in the first trailer.

DarthAnt66
He already fulfilled his destiny by saving Vader.

He's like Revan post-KotOR. Alive, but his destiny is fulfilled.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Or maybe the Jedi Just die with him, like he alluded to in the first trailer.

Well that line could be that cliche "Oh I'm not gonna teach you, everything is over." Then Luke trains Rey after some cliche soul searching or something.

playa1258
Originally posted by quanchi112
You are so scared shitless of Snoke. It's pretty obvious. Luke told them Emperor to **** off to his face. He would do the same to Snoke.

quanchi112
Luke told them Emperor to **** off to his face. He would do the same to Snoke. Luke also cried out in pain. He was also saved. That isn't something you should be bragging about. Snoke is greater than Palpatine as well. The First Order would rape the empire. Greater tech, wom, leadership, etc.

Darth Thor

playa1258
Palpatine ruled for 20 years. He defeated his enemy the Jedi. The Jedi still have not recovered.

The First Order should have better tech considering its 30 years later.

quanchi112
Palpatine ruled for 20 years. He defeated his enemy the Jedi. The Jedi still have not recovered.

The First Order should have better tech considering its 30 years later. He failed. His student reacted him and killed him redeeming himself back into the light.

Snoke has Luke in hiding whereas he wasn't fearful at all of confronting the emperor. Snoke is obviously a much bigger deal than Sheev. By the trilogy's conclusion even the most diehard of Sheevites won't be able to deny it. They know it too and fear Snoke.

DarthAnt66
Snoke was evidently fearful in confronting Sheev, although the opposite seems to be true too.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Snoke was evidently fearful in confronting Sheev, although the opposite seems to be true too. By trilogy's end who do you feel will be more powerful; Snoke or Sheev ?

DarthAnt66
I expect Snoke. My current thoughts is that Snoke and Sheev were equal as of RotJ, but by the ST I imagine Snoke is supreme.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I expect Snoke. My current thoughts is that Snoke and Sheev were equal as of RotJ, but by the ST I imagine Snoke is supreme. How will tempest handle this ?

ares834
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well that line could be that cliche "Oh I'm not gonna teach you, everything is over." Then Luke trains Rey after some cliche soul searching or something.

Yep. Disney isn't going to kill off the Jedi.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well that line could be that cliche "Oh I'm not gonna teach you, everything is over." Then Luke trains Rey after some cliche soul searching or something. nah, that already happened in the OT when Yoda wouldn't train Luke because he was too old, impatient, reckless like his father etc.. Then after a bit changes his mind and trains him.

And they would never re-use a plot line from the OT in these new films.

Darth Thor

Zenwolf

Rebel95
I wouldn't mind. Star wars needs something that is totally different than what we've seen before.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Rebel95
I wouldn't mind. Star wars needs something that is totally different than what we've seen before.

Yeah but you know, start with the stormtroopers.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rebel95

I don't think changing one of the more iconic things of Star Wars for the better of...what like 40 years? Would go over well. Not to say they can't, but that would be a huge pill for people to accept and could backfire real quick.

Darth Thor

Rockydonovang
That we're having this conversation is disgraceful. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.