Favourite TV show characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
They can be from any genre of tv show, and the shows don't necessarily still have to be airing for the individual to get a nod. So, who are your favourites? And what was/is it about them that made them special to you?

Dreampanther
I have lots, but I'll start with just two: Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder of Justified. Each of them on their own is formidable enough but put them together... What I like about them is that both of them will do what they think is right, no matter who gets in their way. And, despite being on opposite sides of the law, both of them think of themselves as good guys.

I also like the values they represent. I grew up reading cowboy books and, in my opinion, they represent the qualities that made me love reading about cowboys. Qualities like strength, honour, courage, loyalty, stoicism, intrepidness, valor... also, (not so) coincidentally, the values most prized by King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.

They are by no means perfect, and "modern man" would find them barbaric, savage, maybe even use the word "backward" - though probably not to their faces. They are macho rather than sensitive, they would rather walk into a gunfight than share their feelings and neither of them are willing to compromise who they are for the sake of a romantic relationship.

riv6672
Captain Kirk's gotta be right up there for me.
He taught me a lot valuable life lessons growing up.
One which really came in handy during my 20+ years in the Army was, you dont have to be the smartest guy on the team, as long as you surround yourself with good ppl.

marwash22
Dr. Gregory House (House)
Dennis Reynolds (Always Sunny)
George Costanza (Seinfeld)
Tig Trager (Sons of Anarchy)
Wesley Wyndam Pryce (BtVS/Angel)

i'll give reasons later.

carthage
Tony Soprano, Fox Mulder, Don Draper, Hannibal

Jmanghan
Omar Little, Bodie Broadus, and Michael Lee
Richard Harrow, Nucky Thompson
Tony Soprano, as well as Christopher Moltisanti
Tyrion Lannister, Ned Stark
Lucas Hood, Kai Proctor, Clay Burton
Merle Dixon, Glenn Rhee
Simon Adebisi
Dexter Morgan
Walter White

Firefly218
Michael Scott - The Office

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.