Sheev torturing his apprentices

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Stupendous Wave makes a claim here which I'm a bit skeptical of:
https://youtu.be/4Z55S8FLlsk?t=2m34s

He claims that Dooku was tortured by Palpatine on several occasions. When did this happen aside from TCW choke scene?

ChocolateMuesli
never to my knowledge

DarthDuelist9
He's aiming at the fact that Sidious mentions that Dooku knows what happens if he fails (he starts to choke him) so that implies that he's undergone that treatment before.

NewGuy01
They're Sith.

Unbowed
It's not explicitly stated as torture but I also got the vibes from Dark Rendezvous that Dooku didn't exactly have an easy apprenticeship. It makes sense, since both Maul and Palpatine himself were routinely abused both mentally and physically.

ChocolateMuesli
do u think sheev sexually abused child maul

Big Gerald
Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli
do u think sheev sexually abused child maul

Yes. GL has confirmed this multiple times. Not sure how people are still asking this question.

Darth Abonis
No, I think he rarely had to discipline Dooku. The guy usually got things done

SunRazer
Also, pretty sure DP establishes that to learn Lightning, you had to experience it first. And iirc Sidious himself learnt Lightning this way, so chances are Dooku did as well.

godemperortrump
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
No, I think he rarely had to discipline Dooku. The guy usually got things done
He pretty much always failed...

relentless1
Originally posted by godemperortrump
He pretty much always failed...

in TCW sure but in the overall narrative of the prequels he was quite successful at his job being the puppet leader of the CIS and Sith placeholder for Vader

Kurk
Originally posted by godemperortrump
He pretty much always failed... I mean in TCW he always came off as lazy and unconcerned more than him failing. In the early CW and AotC he and sheev have a more "friendly" relationship with the latter calling him "my friend" on at least one occasion. In the later CW their relationship appeared to be strained by the time of late season 3 when the whole Ventress threat came up.

Dooku seemed to have grown a little cocky by this time and maybe he needed that choking by Sheev to remind him he's his b1tch. Then he kicked ass on oba diah as asked.

relentless1
He called Vader his friend also doesn't really mean anything other than Sidious placating his subordinates

honestly it always seems a little weird to me for Palpatine to have an apprentice who was older than he was; really threw the apprentice/master thing outta whack

The Merchant
He probably gave him a spanking every now and then

Kurk
Originally posted by relentless1
He called Vader his friend also doesn't really mean anything other than Sidious placating his subordinates

honestly it always seems a little weird to me for Palpatine to have an apprentice who was older than he was; really threw the apprentice/master thing outta whack Maybe that's why he didn't whip him as often? Perhaps even someone as volatile as Palpatine had respect for their elders. What's that? He murdered his entire family as a teenager? Never mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.