GoD's and Jiren

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If Jiren is stronger than the Gods of Destruction, does this mean Jiren could tank a full dose of Destroyer energy? Or would its unique properties erase Jiren?

Inedian
If he is stronger, then he should be able to tank it.

NewGuy01
#dblogic

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
KEK.

What do you think, Sas?

Inedian
We have portion of Sidra energy against GF. It's simple, that energy wasn't powerful enough to destroy GF, because GF was stronger. So if Jiren is stronger, then that full power of energy also wouldn't be powerful enough to destroy Jiren.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
KEK.

What do you think, Sas?

He's probably right. The prevailing theory in dragon ball is that if Superman can beat Molecule Man in a lifting contest, his molecules are probably also too tough to be manipulated. laughing out loud

NewGuy01
Maybe the manga will treat it differently.

bbrem123
Yea I think they will. Since Goku was destroying merged Zemasu even though he was not as powerful.

Placidity
If simply being stronger means you can resist the Hakai technique, then what sets it apart in the first place? Or in fact, what sets a god of destruction apart from others other than in name, and agelessness?

Fan fiction/theories:

Even though we've seen indications otherwise, I hope the Hakai technique is something unique which gives the name god of destruction special meaning and formidability. That is, a god of destruction isn't just someone who is sufficiently strong...

If gods of destruction are chosen, then likely that destruction energy or ability was bestowed upon them by a higher power since all of them share it. And since it is not their own, the potency of the ability doesn't necessarily have to match their power level, but the level of whomever originated it.

One could argue that perhaps the ability is learnt rather than given, but that doesn't seem right to me.

The only hope I have of all this is the fact that Beerus destroyed the doctor/ghost with it, which I assume cannot be done by conventional means. The other key point is destroyed beings cease to exist rather than enter into the afterlife - which strongly suggests it is a divine ability.

I've read that in the Manga, Goku is able to use the technique which is quite lame.

I like the idea that even if a mortal is somehow stronger than a god of destruction, they still need to show respect, because a GoD can always fall back on their ultimate ability if required.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Placidity
If simply being stronger means you can resist the Hakai technique, then what sets it apart in the first place? Or in fact, what sets a god of destruction apart from others other than in name, and agelessness?

Fan fiction/theories:

Even though we've seen indications otherwise, I hope the Hakai technique is something unique which gives the name god of destruction special meaning and formidability. That is, a god of destruction isn't just someone who is sufficiently strong...

If gods of destruction are chosen, then likely that destruction energy or ability was bestowed upon them by a higher power since all of them share it. And since it is not their own, the potency of the ability doesn't necessarily have to match their power level, but the level of whomever originated it.

One could argue that perhaps the ability is learnt rather than given, but that doesn't seem right to me.

The only hope I have of all this is the fact that Beerus destroyed the doctor/ghost with it, which I assume cannot be done by conventional means. The other key point is destroyed beings cease to exist rather than enter into the afterlife - which strongly suggests it is a divine ability.

I've read that in the Manga, Goku is able to use the technique which is quite lame.

I like the idea that even if a mortal is somehow stronger than a god of destruction, they still need to show respect, because a GoD can always fall back on their ultimate ability if required.

Unfortunately, as cool as that seems, it's not true.

Toppo was a God of destruction in training, in the manga. Why would he need training if he was just given the ability? This is similar to the reason for Whiss constantly chastising Beerus for not training.

At least that's my take on it. Personally, I think the manga and anime are too different at this point, and I don't really like the manga. Am I in that boat alone? lol

NewGuy01
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta

At least that's my take on it. Personally, I think the manga and anime are too different at this point, and I don't really like the manga. Am I in that boat alone? lol

Nope. You get to share the boat with carver. smile

Galan007
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If Jiren is stronger than the Gods of Destruction, does this mean Jiren could tank a full dose of Destroyer energy? Or would its unique properties erase Jiren? Jiren surpasses *his* universe's Destroyer/Belmond, and seems to at least surpass *some* of the other Destroyers in terms of raw power and such. However, even though Beerus was shocked by the amount of power a mortal was generating, I'm not yet convinced that Jiren is above *all* Destroyers -- especially Beerus, who has been portrayed as one of...if not THE...most powerful GoD in the multiverse. /shrug

cdtm
GF only tanked a small amount of destruction energy. So did Goku.

A full dose would probably destroy just about anybody.

carver9
Originally posted by Placidity

Fan fiction/theories:

This isn't true since we've seen people besides God of D perform this attack.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
GF only tanked a small amount of destruction energy. So did Goku.

A full dose would probably destroy just about anybody.

This doesn't make sense. His entire body was covered in the energy.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Galan007
Jiren surpasses *his* universe's Destroyer/Belmond, and seems to at least surpass *some* of the other Destroyers in terms of raw power and such. However, even though Beerus was shocked by the amount of power a mortal was generating, I'm not yet convinced that Jiren is above *all* Destroyers -- especially Beerus, who has been portrayed as one of...if not THE...most powerful GoD in the multiverse. /shrug

Whis posits that Jiren has "surpassed the state" of God of Destruction. That would be referring to all of them, presumably.

Though I have a feeling Beerus and Quitela could potentially rival Jiren. The rest? Not really.

Galan007
I'm not ruling out the possibility that Jiren is > Beerus, and I won't be overly surprised if he is definitively proven to be(his power is being hyped ad nauseam, ffs)... But as of right now, I'm not quite ready to put him on that level -- I need to see more from him.

Jiren is definitely above Belmond(and presumably most of the other Destroyers) to *some* degree, but Beerus is significantly above them -- we saw this when he fought ALL of the other GoDs simultaneously, and seemed superior(which Whis credited to his near-mastery of UI.)

But yeah, we'll see exactly where Jiren stands in weeks to come. thumb up

cdtm
^ Agreed.

The manga made it clear Beerus = apex GoD.

The anime was more confusing about it, what with the casual throwing around of comments about Beerus losing an arm wrestling competition, and then other statements about someone stronger then a GoD, all without context. So people assume the arm wrestler and the GoD who can't beat his mortal are the same.

Inedian
Manga confirmed that Jiren> Belmod as a fighter, not raw power.

Beerus destroys Jiren.

SSJGGogeta

carver9
Originally posted by Inedian
Manga confirmed that Jiren> Belmod as a fighter, not raw power.

Beerus destroys Jiren.

So it said that Jiren power isn't on the level of the GOD?

Kento
Originally posted by cdtm
^ Agreed.

The manga made it clear Beerus = apex GoD.

. Not really, Quitela might be stronger. And Quitela still beat Beerus in arm wrestling match, so he's at least physically stronger or equal too. So we don't completely know where Beerus is, though he's probably at least top 2, and he and the rat might be interchangeable in a way Kakashi, and Gai are split with 50/50 win ratio. But it could have just been circumstance that kept Beerus and Quitela up longer than the other GoDs also, and someone else might be stronger than both of them. It's never stated, and besides the likes of the Angels nobody watching seemed to know what was happening during the fight.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
So it said that Jiren power isn't on the level of the GOD? https://i.imgur.com/YZ9Aqbh.jpg

carver9
Thanks Galan. That seems plain and clear to me.

Inedian
Originally posted by carver9
Thanks Galan. That seems plain and clear to me.

Yup, like I said, explicitly reffering Jiren as being a better fighter than Belmod, not being more powerful.

And it was already confirmed officially more than one month ago by Toei or whoever that Jiren is on the level of GoD.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.