Deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
so apparently its gonna be a solo film...

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/25/deathstroke-movie-joe-manganiello-gareth-evans/

playa1258
Keep it lower budget and R rated.

No reason for a $150 million or more budget.

carthage
**** yeah

Fast track that shit

Zack M
After he passed JL Dark, he pitched this idea to WB. I hope it happens

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by playa1258
Keep it lower budget and R rated.

No reason for a $150 million or more budget.

all these films will cost $200 million to make lmmfao

but yea this'll be low budget i think

quanchi112
Who cares.

carthage
Evidently not you studmuffin

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
Evidently not you studmuffin So the word is out that I'm a studmuffin. Guilty as charged.

BruceSkywalker
I'm laughing right now,, i'll have the title fixed .. lmmfao

Zack M
Originally posted by carthage
Evidently not you studmuffin

laughing out loud

Flyattractor
Could be cool. Nice to see DC's #2 Badass might get his own movie.

roughrider
Just wait till the average moviegoer sees Deathstroke and snarkily calls him a Deadpool ripoff. laughing

(I'll correct them...explaining he's a ripoff of Taskmaster instead. stick out tongue )

-Pr-
As good as it sounds to have THAT director working with THAT character, it's really starting to feel like, for me at least, WB is so unsure of itself that it's just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

You can't build anything without a solid foundation, and the DC movies don't have that yet. WW was a great step in the right direction, but they need to build up that recognition, imo, before they start using more obscure characters, especially those that are villains.

Unless they write him as a kind of anti-hero, but then he seems too much like Deadshot to some people.

Zack M
Originally posted by -Pr-
As good as it sounds to have THAT director working with THAT character, it's really starting to feel like, for me at least, WB is so unsure of itself that it's just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

You can't build anything without a solid foundation, and the DC movies don't have that yet. WW was a great step in the right direction, but they need to build up that recognition, imo, before they start using more obscure characters, especially those that are villains.

Unless they write him as a kind of anti-hero, but then he seems too much like Deadshot to some people.

It wasn't WB's idea, though. It was the director who pitched the idea of Deathstroke.

Flyattractor
I bet he don't wear his mask for more then 5 minutes in the movie

Ridley_Prime

-Pr-

Zack M
And they still greenlit it. So it's still their fault.

I meant in the vaguest terms. "The gun guy that has a noble purpose but is also a criminal and wears a funky mask" kind of thing.

Not yet. Its still in talks. Anything can happen.

-Pr-
The fact that they're considering it at all worries me.

Impediment

Mindset

Zack M
The fact that they're considering it at all worries me.

Not me.,I hope it happens.

Flyattractor

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack M
Not me.,I hope it happens.

Lucky you, then.

juggernaut74
Supposedly Joe Manganiello posted a pic of his Deathsroke mask on Twitter.

Zack M
I'm not sure about him. I doubt Evans would use him. Could be wrong, but I hope this goes through. He can make a cheap movie look awesome.

Zack M
Here is the official DC lineup, per Paris comic-con.

Ridley_Prime

Mindset
Originally posted by Flyattractor
By that Logic, what reason is there for ANY Movie? There was no stance given as to why this shouldn't be a movie, just an opinion.

I'm not sure how your question relates.

Anyway, I don't think he has an interesting enough history/story for a movie.

Ridley_Prime

Mindset

Zack M
Definitely not in order, since SHAZAM comes out next. They just casted the guy from Thor: Ragnorak as SHAZAM>

Mindset
Definitely not in order, since SHAZAM comes out next. They just casted the guy from Thor: Ragnorak as SHAZAM> Who?

Zack M
Zachary Levi

Mindset
Zachary Levi Why can't these comic movies cast people who haven't already been in comic movies?

Anyway, he better bulk up a shitload.

-Pr-
Technically, the movie should be fine. Solid lead actor, good director, and Deathstroke's costume being what it is, they can put a really good stuntman in the suit for the parts of the fights that need to be spectacular.

The problem is whether anyone is going to care or not.

Ridley_Prime
Pretty much. Would have to see a trailer to know just how much interest this would garner.

Definitely not in order, since SHAZAM comes out next. They just casted the guy from Thor: Ragnorak as SHAZAM>
I see... The lack of Man of Steel 2 on that list is a bit concerning though.

Zack M
People didn't think the audience would care about Ant-Man, but it made a nice amount of change.

Kazenji
That just shows any character can be given a movie With the right people behind the scenes.

Mindset
People didn't think the audience would care about Ant-Man, but it made a nice amount of change. America loves Paul Rudd.

-Pr-
People didn't think the audience would care about Ant-Man, but it made a nice amount of change.

It was an MCU movie. That alone got butts in seats. And what Mindset said.

Zack M
Hulk was a MCU movie with an A star cast and it bombed. DCEU will be 5/5 for 100 plus opening weekend movies (probably 6/6 after Aquaman) so I wouldn't put it past a Deathstroke movie making decent profit, especually if the movie has a lower budget. Cant say these things until the marketing starts.

Mindset
Hulk was a MCU movie with an A star cast and it bombed. DCEU will be 5/5 for 100 plus opening weekend movies (probably 6/6 after Aquaman) so I wouldn't put it past a Deathstroke movie making decent profit, especually if the movie has a lower budget. Cant say these things until the marketing starts. Hulk isn't really indicative of what usually happens with comic movies.

He's a well known character and on paper the movies should do well, but people just don't like them.

-Pr-
Hulk was a MCU movie with an A star cast and it bombed. DCEU will be 5/5 for 100 plus opening weekend movies (probably 6/6 after Aquaman) so I wouldn't put it past a Deathstroke movie making decent profit, especually if the movie has a lower budget. Cant say these things until the marketing starts.

Not really a good comparison, seeing as how Hulk came out right at the start, and Ant-Man came out in a post Avengers world where you could literally say to someone "it's connected to Avengers", and they would go and see it when they wouldn't have otherwise.

It might make a profit, but that's not the point. He's not going to get the buzz he could get until WB properly establish the universe.

Zack M
Not really a good comparison, seeing as how Hulk came out right at the start, and Ant-Man came out in a post Avengers world where you could literally say to someone "it's connected to Avengers", and they would go and see it when they wouldn't have otherwise.

It might make a profit, but that's not the point. He's not going to get the buzz he could get until WB properly establish the universe.

I disagree. Not everything needs to be connected to have good or strong buzz.

-Pr-
...That's not what I said.

Zack M
You're talking about establishing a shared universe, right? Deathstroke doesn't necessarily need to be apart of that shared universe. It can be a movie all on its own. And besides, it won't be coming out in the near future. Who says the universe won't be established by then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.