Return of the Jedi - Original Ending - Yoda/Obi-Wan/Luke vs Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66
Some content that really piqued my interest:

- Vader slaughtering Royal Guards.
- Sidious one-shotting Vader.
- Sidious seemingly defeating Yoda.
- Yoda being in the flesh in the end - wtf?

Azronger
Pretty cool. I still prefer the final version, though.

Trocity
Final version is way better, this one is weird.

darthbane77
Yeah, the final version is better, but I wouldn't mind seeing this version as a comic or something, might be cool to see.

relentless1
it only seems weird because its new, had this one been done and the original version been thrown on the cutting room floor wed think the same thing

DarthAnt66
My issue with this version is that the final script of ROTJ presents a story of Luke becoming a man and making his own decisions - saying "**** you" to his elders (Yoda, Obi-Wan) and deciding to follow his heart and setting out to redeem his father, which Yoda and Obi-Wan obviously did not think was possible (explicitly told Luke to kill him). In this version, Luke's comes off as more passive and the whole story of Luke atoning for the sins of - and redeeming - his father is lost. Vader's sacrifice is purely his own decision (and, as the writer pointed out, seemingly not as significant), not because Luke helps guide him along the way, which I think makes it more powerful.

Originally posted by relentless1
it only seems weird because its new, had this one been done and the original version been thrown on the cutting room floor wed think the same thing

Eh, the whole ghost dynamic seems so complex I imagine many fans and casuals finding it weird even modern-day.

---

I totally agree with 77, though. I need to see this as an Infinities comic.

darthbane77
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

I totally agree with 77, though. I need to see this as an Infinities comic.

thumb up

Rockydonovang
yoda and Kenobi being involved is stupid and detracts from what should just be about luke and vader.

Kurk
This would be pretty kickass to see, tbh.

Lord Stark
Wait I'm confused was Yoda alive or dead in this version?

DarthAnt66
Luke has a dream on Tatooine, in which Yoda talks to him and tells him that he will soon join Ben in the Netherworld, so I guess dead.

Darth Abonis
Yeah I don't like it. I'm glad they revised it.

SunRazer
Final one's infinitely better, yeah.

DarthAnt66

The Ellimist
Lmao Teen Wolf tier dialogue.

Lord Stark
Honestly, this in conjunction with an epic battle over Coruscant (that was what the original Had Abbadon became right?) would have been ****ing dope. I'm not too keen on the Ben coming back from the grave though...then again it's not that terrible, it kind of has Gandalf vibes. Maybe if it was like a temporary thing.

Azronger
I would've preferred it if instead of Death Star II, we would've had an assault on the Imperial Palace on Coruscant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.