Kingkiller Chronicle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/27/showtime-to-air-the-kingkiller-chronicle-series

It's going to take place generations before the events of the novels. Not sure how I feel about that but hopefully it means they'll adapt the novels towards the end in the last few seasons.

Rothfuss is also part of the show as a producer :/ (surprise, making a prequel show before his next and last book that everyone's been waiting for). I'm excited though I'm not sure how well things will translate. The book lore isn't as expansive as something like ASOIAF and the actual books themselves are pretty slow placed at times so I've got to wonder how they'll make it work.

Arachnid1
What tf does any of that even mean?

Digi
Meh.

And I say that as a big fan of the books. It's just them trying to find the next GoT-style franchise, and they have literally nothing to base it off of if they aren't doing the books. Interesting as they are, the books are a personal narrative, not a world-building adventure. I'm not surprised at this announcement, but it's a bit disappointing, and no more newsworthy than if any other generic fantasy show had just been announced. If this spurs on the development of Book 3, though, that will be something. But I'm unlikely to want to watch the show.

Dreampanther
It could be great, of course, which would make me very happy, but I'd much rather Rothfuss just sits his ass down in a chair and finish book flippin three.

Digi
Yeah, everything's a spin-off, tie-in orgy of money-grabbing BS these days. I'm never starting a series again in my life unless it's already finished when I begin.

BruceSkywalker
depends if I like the cast

Mindset
So it basically has nothing to do with the books.

Neat.

Anyway, I just want the last book to come it already.

marwash22
never heard of this. I read the wiki and it doesn't sound like it would translate well. I'll check it out tho, 'cause I'm not a jaded nerd.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by marwash22
never heard of this. I read the wiki and it doesn't sound like it would translate well. I'll check it out tho, 'cause I'm not a jaded nerd. Lmao @ your avi and sig

About time someone started rocking Kite Man

Mindset
Originally posted by marwash22
never heard of this. I read the wiki and it doesn't sound like it would translate well. I'll check it out tho, 'cause I'm not a jaded nerd. Uh...yea you are.

We all are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.