Vitiate > Soa confirmed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
Soa is confirmed to be a dark side Force-using Rakata.

Vitiate however is confirmed in the same source to be the most powerful dark side master, and most powerful Force-user in the history of the Old Republic:

This is incredible given the breadth of Soa's power:

Keep in mind just how powerful the Rakata were at the pinnacle of their Infinite Empire. Ajunta Pall has stated that the source of his, and his fellow Exiles' power, was the Star Map:

So the Jedi Exiles were drawing power from this source of energy, meaning it had made the likes of Karness Muur so powerful as to be a near equal with the likes of Darth Krayt.

Yet this source of power was a mere Star Map, which is effectively a mobile phone compared to a nuclear reactor of a Star Forge or Foundry. Despite all of this power, the Rakata were incapable of actually killing Soa. They settled for sealing him within the Eternity Vault, which draws power directly from hyperspace, and could've destroyed numerous star systems if it was overwhelmed.

Soa's own feats are in fact incredible, tearing apart numerous fifty foot statues without gesturing, and launching them with enough force that they destroy part of the massive cage designed to be invincible, whilst said cage is holding him:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/4793606-1134748866-47922.gif

Yet not only is Vitiate more powerful than him, Valkorion would be far more so:

Zenwolf

Haschwalth
You could on the off chance, add the WR to that :maybe

MythLord
> multiple fifty foot statues
> shorter than Soa who's, like, 30 feet maybe

I just skimmed through the bunk and I can't help but still notice how dishonest you are.

AncientPower
He breaks four statues in half and when he's closer to them they have at least 15 feet on him. I didn't spend hours doing this pain in the ass operation to confirm these things, just so you can come in here with your sh!t attitude to try derailing the whole point.

The Merchant
Pretty cool. Though did he live before Adas time? They just seemed to shove Soa somewhere in the past.

AncientPower
At least 20,000 years prior, apparently.

MythLord
Originally posted by AncientPower
He breaks four statues in half and when he's closer to them they have at least 15 feet on him. I didn't spend hours doing this pain in the ass operation to confirm these things, just so you can come in here with your sh!t attitude to try derailing the whole point.

The poor baby spent hours playing a video game? I feel so sad. sad

Selenial

You spent hours doing an op that takes at worst half an hour to complete? mmm

AncientPower
Originally posted by MythLord
The poor baby spent hours playing a video game? I feel so sad. sad

Nice dodge.

The statues in full are roughly 45-50 feet tall and he snapped four of them in half without gesturing.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The World Razer is trapped in the Eternity Vault? Or is there any reason to believe the same power source is used for all the prisons on Belsavis?

MythLord
Nice dodge.

The statues in full are roughly 45-50 feet tall and he snapped four of them in half without gesturing.

It's not a dodge; it's you have no quantifiable proof of the sh!t you're saying. The portions of the statues he lifted aren't 50+ feet tall. Not that it matters, because lifting a lot of stuff is hardly a worthwhile TK feat to begin with.

AncientPower
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The World Razer is trapped in the Eternity Vault? Or is there any reason to believe the same power source is used for all the prisons on Belsavis?

I thought they were both in separate sections of the place?

AncientPower
It's not a dodge; it's you have no quantifiable proof of the sh!t you're saying. The portions of the statues he lifted aren't 50+ feet tall. Not that it matters, because lifting a lot of stuff is hardly a worthwhile TK feat to begin with.

So him snapping them in half makes their size irrelevant? They're enormous, given the halves he tore off each appear to be as big as he is. Not to mention he's still restrained by the thing he's attempting to break out of.

He also tears apart the structures of his surroundings too.

They're very impressive feats given the utter ease he appears to do it with.

MythLord
They're Maul level feats, honestly.

AncientPower
Please tell me you don't think Maul's scream collapsing the barracks around him is even remotely comparable.

Again, he shows no effort to pull any of this off. Maul ain't got nothing on that.

Fated Xtasy
Man, this is what awaits me lmao

Thank god I started as Cipher Nine

MythLord
Please tell me you don't think Maul's scream collapsing the barracks around him is even remotely comparable.

Again, he shows no effort to pull any of this off. Maul ain't got nothing on that.

Maul collapsing the barracks while a teen is actually better than lifting a bunch of statues and throwing them.

FreshestSlice
Why is losing to a bunch of randoms something to praise when it happens in TOR again?

DarthAnt66
Maul collapsing the barracks while a teen is actually better than lifting a bunch of statues and throwing them.
what

MythLord
I mean, it kinda is. The barracks can house underneath them hundreds of beings and Maul was about to destroy them with a Force Scream back in his teenage years. Throwing statues isn't as impressive.

Selenial
@AP, what's your source that the Rakatans 'couldn't' kill Soa, and how do you reconcile that with the fact 8 battle-worn and tired randoms managed to even with him manipulating the power of devices around him? mmm

Rockydonovang
I mean, it kinda is. The barracks can house underneath them hundreds of beings and Maul was about to destroy them with a Force Scream back in his teenage years. Throwing statues isn't as impressive.
Involuntary expression of Sids-Tier potential =/ Something Maul can actually do in a fight.

Rockydonovang
So him snapping them in half makes their size irrelevant? They're enormous, given the halves he tore off each appear to be as big as he is. Not to mention he's still restrained by the thing he's attempting to break out of.

He also tears apart the structures of his surroundings too.

They're very impressive feats given the utter ease he appears to do it with.
Nice deflection. Still completely fails to address the point:

Where is it shown the statues are 50 feet tall?

It's kinda important given your assertion that:

AncientPower
Originally posted by Selenial
@AP, what's your source that the Rakatans 'couldn't' kill Soa, and how do you reconcile that with the fact 8 battle-worn and tired randoms managed to even with him manipulating the power of devices around him? mmm

It's in the OP. erm

Nice lowballing, unfortunately for you the official site states multiple groups of the greatest heroes both the republic and empire have to offer broke in and killed him. For all we know it's eight protags. Stop placing arbitrary limitations due to the capacity of the game on the actual canonical battle.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Nice deflection. Still completely fails to address the point:

Where is it shown the statues are 50 feet tall?

It's kinda important given your assertion that:

Kbro, you're the densest 'debater' here. Soa was confirmed to be 30 foot like six years ago. More than that, just half of one of the statues is clearly as big as he is. I could even argue they're sixty feet tall if I wanted.

DarthAnt66
https://i.imgur.com/5D1NHJY.png

Nah, he's 5 feet tall at best.

AncientPower
Ant, what's your opinion on the OP?

DarthAnt66
It checks out. thumb up Soa's power is monstrous, yet Vitiate's is greater, and Valkorion's even more so.

I'll never understand people who look at Soa and conclude, "yeah, Darth Maul-tier."

AncientPower
Apparently rage-induced involuntary Force screams are the same degree of effort as not even gesturing. More than that, can we get an actual TK feat from Maul that compares? Shuttle feats are like Aryn Leneer tier for TOR.

Selenial
It's in the OP. erm

Nice lowballing, unfortunately for you the official site states multiple groups of the greatest heroes both the republic and empire have to offer broke in and killed him. For all we know it's eight protags. Stop placing arbitrary limitations due to the capacity of the game on the actual canonical battle.

My mistake, I thought it was obvious I was asking for a legitimate source that actually says what you're arguing it does. There are so many reasons that your logic is flawed I can't even be assed to list them all, but in brief:

You claim that despite all the power of the Rakatan Empire was incapable of killing Soa. Your claim is based on an in universe quote from a Jedi Master who's only heard 'references' of Soa, through ancient texts that have frequently shown to be outrageously exaggerative. Members of the Imperial Reclamation service (who are far more qualified on the subject) describe Rakatan inscriptions as 'indecipherable', but were able to gleam that the Eternity Vault was where they kept 'prisoners and technology they could not afford to release'. This is in direct contradiction of the quote you've posted in the post, but out of either bias or ignorance you're refusing to accept the fallibility of your source and instead hoping no one notices. How unlike you roll eyes (sarcastic)

If sources are fallible and contradictory, it then falls to basic logic to assess which claim is to be believed. Given, as you've said, the Rakatan Empire were capable of obliterating planets and even solar systems, the fact Soa died to a ****ing strike team serves as a perfect measuring stick. Even if all eight protagonists were the ones to kill him, four are essentially irrelevant when discussing power of this magnitude. The other four force users combined do not even come close to powers that the Rakatan empire had at their disposal, so the idea that they could take him out on home turf but the Rakatans could not is beyond farcical.

So basically, in short, all of your hype is bullshit, even if his feats are mildly impressive. Ant has done all he can for Soa wank, his respect thread has covered this entire topic already, and if anything you're legitimately lowering him in the minds of most people on this board.

Seriously, shrink back into retirement on this one.

FreshestSlice
On a side note, let's keep pretending OPs are run by all the protagonists even though this is hardly supported in story, and would have to go to the absurd argument that the Republic and Sith Empire sent members of their faction undercover just to help shit arguments on a debating forum.

AncientPower
Yes, he's so wildly inaccurate that everything he claims is actually revealed to be accurate. laughing out loud

Oh and let's not sit here and pretend that the strike teams involved actually defeated him through conventional means and weren't using the environment to their advantage whatsoever.

But I love how your autism brigade has to completely divert the point of the OP, in that Vitiate > Soa is actually a fact. Meaning Vitiate is already beyond one of the most powerful entities in the mythos before his power massively increases.

Why don't you go flick your bean to a Cersei compilation and pretend you're nearly as intelligent as you think you are. In other words, let's not get to restraining order tiers of obsession. wink

AncientPower
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
On a side note, let's keep pretending OPs are run by all the protagonists even though this is hardly supported in story, and would have to go to the absurd argument that the Republic and Sith Empire sent members of their faction undercover just to help shit arguments on a debating forum.

I wonder who the most powerful heroes of the Republic and Empire could be? rolling on floor laughing

Selenial
Yes, he's so wildly inaccurate that everything he claims is actually revealed to be accurate. laughing out loud

Oh and let's not sit here and pretend that the strike teams involved actually defeated him through conventional means and weren't using the environment to their advantage whatsoever.

But I love how your autism brigade has to completely divert the point of the OP, in that Vitiate > Soa is actually a fact. Meaning Vitiate is already beyond one of the most powerful entities in the mythos before his power massively increases.

Why don't you go flick your bean to a Cersei compilation and pretend you're nearly as intelligent as you think you are. In other words, let's not get to restraining order tiers of obsession. wink

Ah yes, Soa did literally drown worlds in blood, you're right, that's 100% proven fact. Real biblical shit, surprised the writers went there. I mean, that's all he really said other than 'there's a warlord whose name I know'.

For the record, Soa was drawing power from Pylons around him, so to suggest them using the environment means he's definitively stronger than them is ludicrous. Furthermore, if the environment is such a big factor, then I guess your notion that the Rakata could not kill him completely falls apart.

As a side note, who the **** argues that Soa > Vitiate? I literally can't name one person who believes that. No one's arguing that Vitiate's superiority isn't certain, people are arguing that Soa is not 'one of the most powerful entities in the mythos' since the hype you're bringing is completely unfounded and his feats aren't anywhere near worthy of an accolade like that.

I love that it's this easy to bring you to your knees though, that was a pathetic attempt at a response. Almost as pathetic as 'I was a guy this whole time guys, obviously it was a joke trolololol' rolling on floor laughing

FreshestSlice
Hear me out, AP. Maybe the argument is that Soa isn't really that relevant outside of dime a dozen accolades and feats(for TOR anyway)? Just a guess. Might want to calm down as well.
I wonder who the most powerful heroes of the Republic and Empire could be? rolling on floor laughing

The source you're using doesn't apply in game and does not make sense in the context of said game. Using a reference that flat out contradicts the actual story presented is beyond asinine. Unless you can come up with an explanation that works in TOR besides, "It makes my argument look better," I don't care. It also does not say that these people work together cross faction, which is the only way your claim works.

Selenial
In addition to Freshest's point, Republic characters literally tell an admiral to 'keep the empire off back', completely invalidating the argument that they worked together.

Zenwolf

If sources are fallible and contradictory, it then falls to basic logic to assess which claim is to be believed. Given, as you've said, the Rakatan Empire were capable of obliterating planets and even solar systems.

confused confused confused

Say what?

nfactor1995
Sees Soa's feats and accolades...concludes Maul tier....lol

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Zenwolf
confused confused confused

Say what?

Zen, they could create power sources, capable of wiping out multi star systems.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Zen, they could create power sources, capable of wiping out multi star systems.

Where?

Haschwalth

Haschwalth
Where?

-Doctor Gentrell on belsavis during the knight storyline.

Zenwolf

Not seeing how that translates.

In fact, none of this crap in TOR translates at all to the Rakata that had been established.

What is being said in TOR vs what was established, makes the Rakata the most stupidest species in the SWU.

Haschwalth
Not seeing how that translates.

In fact, none of this crap in TOR translates at all to the Rakata that had been established.

What is being said in TOR vs what was established, makes the Rakata the most stupidest species in the SWU.

The Rakata in ToR are depicted to be far stronger, than in that comic series.

Zenwolf
The Rakata in ToR are depicted to be far stronger, than in that comic series.

Which makes zero sense and can't fit anywhere.

Haschwalth
Which makes zero sense and can't fit anywhere.
Still cannot deny the power source which they created.

Anyway, I don't think the comics depicted all of the rakatan empire?
It's possible that the ones the Jedaii faced were inferior to other tribes?

Zenwolf
Still cannot deny the power source which they created.

Anyway, I don't think the comics depicted all of the rakatan empire?
It's possible that the ones the Jedaii faced were inferior to other tribes?

By the time the Rataka found and fought the Je'daii, they were at their peak of power, according to Dawn of the Jedi.

So let me guess this straight, they can make a power source that great, yet they have to use The Force for limited hyperspace travel, they can't design any great warships with more than 1 gun and had issues with the Je'daii Order and Kwa.

So, the Rataka were good scientists, yet poorly thoughout what to actually do with the technology they developed to be used elsewhere and their military capability was complete bantha dung.

Haschwalth
By the time the Rataka found and fought the Je'daii, they were at their peak of power, according to Dawn of the Jedi.

So let me guess this straight, they can make a power source that great, yet they have to use The Force for limited hyperspace travel, they can't design any great warships with more than 1 gun and had issues with the Je'daii Order and Kwa.

So, the Rataka were good scientists, yet poorly thoughout what to actually do with the technology they developed to be used elsewhere and their military capability was complete bantha dung.

Can't say much for the Kwa, but the Je'daii were an army of force sensitives. that alone would compensate for the technological difference.

Zenwolf
Can't say much for the Kwa, but the Je'daii were an army of force sensitives. that alone would compensate for the technological difference.

.....Right. Yet they didn't seem to have much differences, seeing as the Je'daii were able to destroy Rataka ships and the like.

So here it is, either the Rakata had piss poor management in developing technology for any and all kinds of aspects.

Or they developed one one-off technology that's never reproduced and never used elsewhere because....reasons and it came from luck rather than any genius engineering. Even though logically speaking, if one develops a power source that great, you'd sure as bet that they would find uses for it elsewhere or be able to make similar technology.

But hey, TOR seemed to stop making any kind of sense long ago, so I guess it's not that surprising that they'd screwed the IE too.

The_Tempest
I'm surprised this is the plot development that finally snaps your suspension of disbelief.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I'm surprised this is the plot development that finally snaps your suspension of disbelief.

Nah, nah, see I had my gripes with TOR before this, this is just another that just makes no sense.

The_Tempest
I expect the disassociation between SWTOR and Legend continuity widened as the Story Group focused on canon. What's the consequence to screwing with a dead timeline?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I expect the disassociation between SWTOR and Legend continuity widened as the Story Group focused on canon. What's the consequence to screwing with a dead timeline?

Point taken I suppose.

DarthAnt66
The Story Group actually monitors SWTOR now, hence the upcoming Chiss expansion being in-line with Rebels and the Thrawn books.

darthbane77
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Story Group actually monitors SWTOR now, hence the upcoming Chiss expansion being in-line with Rebels and the Thrawn books. Really? Why would they do that? It's not like the happenings in SWTOR can affect DisCanon.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Story Group actually monitors SWTOR now, hence the upcoming Chiss expansion being in-line with Rebels and the Thrawn books.

Yeah, I know they look over it, but clearly they don't give a shit about certain particulars or minutiae.

Haschwalth
Shadow of revan expansion is now free.
Supposedly some kotor/swtor celebrations on.

Haschwalth
Also Revans character doesn't belong to Drew anymore.

The Merchant
Originally posted by darthbane77
Really? Why would they do that? It's not like the happenings in SWTOR can affect DisCanon.

Cause Vitiate is Snoke, duh.

Rockydonovang
Kbro, you're the densest 'debater' here. Soa was confirmed to be 30 foot like six years ago. More than that, just half of one of the statues is clearly as big as he is. I could even argue they're sixty feet tall if I wanted. I'd take your word for it, but your word isn't very reliable.

Fortunately Ant covered for you.

Rockydonovang
Shadow of revan expansion is now free.
Supposedly some kotor/swtor celebrations on.
eek!
So I can actually do something as a FTP?

AncientPower
Ah yes, Soa did literally drown worlds in blood, you're right, that's 100% proven fact. Real biblical shit, surprised the writers went there. I mean, that's all he really said other than 'there's a warlord whose name I know'.

For the record, Soa was drawing power from Pylons around him, so to suggest them using the environment means he's definitively stronger than them is ludicrous. Furthermore, if the environment is such a big factor, then I guess your notion that the Rakata could not kill him completely falls apart.

As a side note, who the **** argues that Soa > Vitiate? I literally can't name one person who believes that. No one's arguing that Vitiate's superiority isn't certain, people are arguing that Soa is not 'one of the most powerful entities in the mythos' since the hype you're bringing is completely unfounded and his feats aren't anywhere near worthy of an accolade like that.

I love that it's this easy to bring you to your knees though, that was a pathetic attempt at a response. Almost as pathetic as 'I was a guy this whole time guys, obviously it was a joke trolololol' rolling on floor laughing

Given it's stated that he waged a bloody campaign to conquer a thousand worlds, a little embellishment is hardly enough to warrant total dismissal. erm

They used the environment to manipulate the energy and used the EV itself to kill him.

Their inability to kill him is what made them construct the Eternity Vault in the first place, what part of this is difficult for you to understand?

You realise all of this is true for the World Razer to an even greater degree too, don't you?

Yes your obsessive hounding of me is rather self-evident; you needn't tell anyone.

S_W_LeGenD
Really now? You are trying to defend a feat that didn't even materialize.

There is hell of difference in the quality of structures throughout Star Wars (an in real life) and we focus on the context of each event.

Just look at obelisks; some are way heavier than others in the same size range.

Settings like the Infinity Vault, the Dark Temple and the Sanitarium are specially designed to contain some of the greatest threats to the galaxy and prevent their escape. Devastating these settings requires nearly impossible levels of strength.

This is why I roll my eyes when I see people hand-waving Vitiate's feat of damaging the Dark Temple. Hero of Tython is officially stronger than Barsen'thor (who has feats of destroying reinforced structures and throwing bus-sized chunks of metal around as if they are toys during his youth - imagine his strength at his peak) and he found it difficult to wrench a single object of the Dark Temple from its setting. Same guy wouldn't have trouble in collapsing a normal building of certain size otherwise.

This is why context is very important.

Also, remember the Muntuur stones? Not even Yoda could lift them all with ease and/or throw them around.

Now, the point is that Darth Maul doesn't match the hype of Soa and neither we have proof that he can replicate the showings of the latter in the same setting (i.e. Infinity Vault). Not even close.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
eek!
So I can actually do something as a FTP?
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171023

S_W_LeGenD

MythLord
Originally posted by nfactor1995
Sees Soa's feats and accolades...concludes Maul tier....lol

I'm arguing the statue feat is Maul-tier, you numpties, not Soa himself. I don't give a rats ass about the accolades, tho, because everyone and their mothers gets "herrr, so uber stronk; can destroy planetzz!" accolades in TOR.

Selenial
Given it's stated that he waged a bloody campaign to conquer a thousand worlds, a little embellishment is hardly enough to warrant total dismissal. erm

They used the environment to manipulate the energy and used the EV itself to kill him.

Their inability to kill him is what made them construct the Eternity Vault in the first place, what part of this is difficult for you to understand?

You realise all of this is true for the World Razer to an even greater degree too, don't you?

Yes your obsessive hounding of me is rather self-evident; you needn't tell anyone.

That's a rather quaint concession from you, cool. Can you give me an example of them 'using the environment' or 'manipulating energy'? The only example of this that I can see is using a pylon to remove his 'shield' at the end of the fight, and as these pylons are being telekinetically lifted, I don't think you can conclusively prove that Soa wasn't actually attempting to use the Pylons to his own advantage.

Even if it is the case that his shield was brought down by the environment. You need to conclusively prove the environment was more of a setback than a boon. Please explain to me how you are quantifying the final stage of the fight against Soa's use of Mind Traps, and his drawing power from the vault itself for the entire fight? If you're going to state your opinion as fact you need to actually ****ing prove that he was at a disadvantage due to the location, because everything else seems to disagree with you there.

Again, that they built the Eternity Vault because they couldn't kill him is still immensely dubious. We know the Rakata imprisoned people where they could. Your quote in the OP is from a dubious source, and if true, applies to the following people:
Gharj
Random Eshka
More random Eshka
All the Rakatan soldiers using technostaves.
The Infernal Council.
Soa

Now, even if you argue Soa's death was due to the Eternity Vault, everyone else in the vault died to conventional methods, from a Strike team we know for a fact could be formed of four protagonists at best. Therefore your quote is already proven false. Attempting to use a quote proven false for every other applicable person as gospel when it's already been disputed as an incorrect reading is genuinely the stupidest thing you've ever done, and that's a ****ing accomplishment.

AncientPower
Nice imagination you have there Sel, you pushing embellishment as a cause for utter dismissal and me disagreeing is not a concession whatsoever.

Unless the SM and HM versions of the OP are massively different, I vividly remember making the pylons backfire on him and damaging him due to this.

So an army of ancients(not just Rakata) chained him but didn't kill him and instead created one of the most advanced prisons in the mythos for shits and giggles. Seems legit.

FreshestSlice
All this

https://i.imgur.com/7xT5HdD.gif

is actually kind of impressive.

Selenial
Unless the SM and HM versions of the OP are massively different, I vividly remember making the pylons backfire on him and damaging him due to this.

So an army of ancients(not just Rakata) chained him but didn't kill him and instead created one of the most advanced prisons in the mythos for shits and giggles. Seems legit.

Yes, I already mentioned this. Unless you can prove Soa wasn't the one causing those Pylons to elevate into the air (as they are moved via Telekinesis) to kill the Strike Team since he had failed twice to even hold them off, and this backfiring, the point is moot. Even then, you have yet to prove this was more of a disadvantage than him drawing power from the other pylons throughout the fight.

And forgive me, but did he literally wear Korriban as a crown? He must be even bigger than 50 feet tall, come to think of it, if he's wearing planets confused

Ohshitwait this guy exaggerates. I guess it's possible that 'chaining him' simply refers to taking out his empire and capturing him. Pretty much unwankable, really, this army is unquantifiable again. Yoda, Sidious, Krayt, and many others would need an army to be subdued, in case of a lack of strong force users. We've actually seen random Sith in Krayt's time destroy entire armies, so this quaint vague voiceover that might not actually be accurate is a strange choice on your end.

And yes, it is legit. The Rakatans imprisoned their kind, because of their race, we have seen this time and time again in numerous sources. The Rakatans did not kill their prisoners, so it makes far more sense for them to capture a man and imprison him (Belsavis was a ****ing prison world, you think it's weird for them to take prisoners?) due to an ideology than because they somehow couldn't kill him. It's literally unfathomable that you think a tiny portion of their power could enslave him, but their entire force could not. You're literally arguing above that a Rakatan pylon is the only reason the Strike team could kill Soa, but also that the Rakatans could not kill soa.

You are unfathomably stupid, this is the strangest argument I have ever seen. I would love someone else to chime in here.

Selenial
All this

https://i.imgur.com/7xT5HdD.gif

is actually kind of impressive.

> implying she's he's being remotely successful.

FreshestSlice
AP may not make the most robust arguments, but s/he/whatever she's pretending to be this week, can deflect with the best of them.

Zenwolf
Yes Leg, the Starforge which was essentially a ship building factory powered by the darkside. It's not like there weren't other shipyards in the galaxy later on.

Yeah, the Republic improved on the hyperspace technology, whereas the Rakata were limited in scope.

I'm not talking about these things, I'm talking about the stuff TOR had them apparently do which seems kind of ridiculous they wouldn't adapt such technology elsewhere.

Not to mention Soa, if he's that powerful how would the IE even before their peak of power even manage to subdue him? Why wasn't Soa the one running things in the IE, because as I recall he was only a warlord, he wasn't the apex of the IE. The other Rakata should have posed no threat to him.

Haschwalth
@Zenwolf, The starforge is so much more than a mere Ship building yard lmao.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqoXKBnWYrQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8JDnyan0pY
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Infinite_Engine

Darth Revan found it laughable later on that he used it as a mere Ship yard.

Haschwalth
Too be honest, I don't think we should take into account the Comics, in relation to TOR, there is too many discrepancies.

Thus we should only apply what is in TOR, to other TOR quotes/facts.

Zenwolf
@Zenwolf, The starforge is so much more than a mere Ship building yard lmao.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqoXKBnWYrQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8JDnyan0pY
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Infinite_Engine

Darth Revan found it laughable later on that he used it as a mere Ship yard.

Oh sorry, ok so a essentially a one-all factory. Ok...great..yeah and the SE are a bunch of a morons, nothing new.

Zenwolf
Too be honest, I don't think we should take into account the Comics, in relation to TOR, there is too many discrepancies.

Thus we should only apply what is in TOR, to other TOR quotes/facts.

Fair enough. Along with pretty much every other source..

Haschwalth
Fair enough.
TOR's version of the Rakatan empires is Extremely powerful.
aka greater than the current Republic/Sith Empire.

While the Comics have shown to be more primitive/inferior.

Sort of like KOTOR Meetra compared to Novel Meetra.

Yeah, as long it contradicts TOR's version.

Haschwalth
Eh, the SE didn't have enough time to harness the technology fully, i'm pretty sure.

Zenwolf
Eh, the SE didn't have enough time to harness the technology fully, i'm pretty sure.

Well I was meaning more them trying to get to it. But alright separating the two seems fair.

FreshestSlice
TOR's version of the Rakatan empires is Extremely powerful.
aka greater than the current Republic/Sith Empire.

No, it isn't. They have lots of weird tech the Republic and the Sith don't have, but it's not once argued they were as a whole greater than the Republic or the Empire.

TOR exists, and always has existed, with Legends in mind.

Haschwalth
No, it isn't. They have lots of weird tech the Republic and the Sith don't have, but it's not once argued they were as a whole greater than the Republic or the Empire.

TOR exists, and always has existed, with Legends in mind.

They Defeated Soa.

The context of these quotes heavily imply, the Rakata handled a being, which the sith or Republic couldn't. Hence why there are multiply quotes of Soa being a threat towards the Galaxy.

AncientPower
Yes, I already mentioned this. Unless you can prove Soa wasn't the one causing those Pylons to elevate into the air (as they are moved via Telekinesis) to kill the Strike Team since he had failed twice to even hold them off, and this backfiring, the point is moot. Even then, you have yet to prove this was more of a disadvantage than him drawing power from the other pylons throughout the fight.

And forgive me, but did he literally wear Korriban as a crown? He must be even bigger than 50 feet tall, come to think of it, if he's wearing planets confused

Ohshitwait this guy exaggerates. I guess it's possible that 'chaining him' simply refers to taking out his empire and capturing him. Pretty much unwankable, really, this army is unquantifiable again. Yoda, Sidious, Krayt, and many others would need an army to be subdued, in case of a lack of strong force users. We've actually seen random Sith in Krayt's time destroy entire armies, so this quaint vague voiceover that might not actually be accurate is a strange choice on your end.

And yes, it is legit. The Rakatans imprisoned their kind, because of their race, we have seen this time and time again in numerous sources. The Rakatans did not kill their prisoners, so it makes far more sense for them to capture a man and imprison him (Belsavis was a ****ing prison world, you think it's weird for them to take prisoners?) due to an ideology than because they somehow couldn't kill him. It's literally unfathomable that you think a tiny portion of their power could enslave him, but their entire force could not. You're literally arguing above that a Rakatan pylon is the only reason the Strike team could kill Soa, but also that the Rakatans could not kill soa.

You are unfathomably stupid, this is the strangest argument I have ever seen. I would love someone else to chime in here.

All I need to 'prove' is that they couldn't kill him without causing his own pylons to backfire on him and kill him that way. Essentially killing himself.

He used Korriban as the proverbial crown in his empire. erm

Except it was an army of the ancients. The Rakata couldn't tackle him themselves, they went and got Gree and whatever the fvck else they could ally with to bring him down. Let's not pretend this was an army of fodder when the most advanced civilisations we know of are taking part.

The Rakata took prisoners to experiment on, exactly what do you imagine they could gleam from Soa. A Rakata.

Except it's not that the Rakata pylons holding him in stasis could kill him, it's him drawing energy from them and using that as a means of killing him.

I also notice you've yet to explain how World Razer doesn't factor in to all this. Nevermind that Soa's a galactic tier threat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.